• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Offensive and Defensive line thread

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
After the first 5 games heading into the bye, looks like the Broderick Jones era has begun. He played very well yesterday. I also noticed Nate Herbig did a good job as well on his second start in place of the injured James Daniels. He looked more comfortable than what he did last week against Houston.
Seumalo seems to be getting back into game shape finally as well and has been getting nastier. Mason Cole appears to be not at the same level as he did last season. He’s being attacked constantly and being beat more often than not, I noticed Herbig sliding over to help double up on blocks to help Cole. The other thing I’ve noticed was inconsistent snaps, quite a few times during the games they are off to where Pickett needs to take his eyes away and look the snap in his hands losing critical seconds of the play taking shape-especially on quick slants or RPOs.
Is it time to experiment with Herbig or Daniels at center? Do you see how McCollum looks?
Perhaps they should consider giving Seumalo the responsibility of calling blocking assignments.
Okorafor is doing ok

would like to see Daniels experiment at C during the bye

I mentioned that in another thread as well. I am not sure why the OL seems to have regressed from last year. Cole is definitely one of the obvious examples along with Moore and probably Chuks. Jones definitely should keep starting. I'm not sure but I think Herbig is the backup C. If he is, I'd give him a shot there when Daniels is back. Cole is getting beat and looks lost. On one play, he was just standing there watching.

Cole regressed. He played way over his head last year and probably fell below his average this year. It doesn't help that Daniels and Seumalo both played relatively poorly at the start of the season. I'd strongly consider moving Daniels to center when he returns.