• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Per Ian Rapoport, Trade Interest in Melvin Ingram

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

• Steelers pass rusher Melvin Ingram: The longtime Chargers veteran landed in Pittsburgh this year and has yet to hit his stride. With inconsistent playing time, teams have begun calling the Steelers about potentially trading for Ingram, and it does appear the Steelers have listened and engaged. Due the balance of just $1.075 million in base salary (the team paid $2.925 million in a signing bonus), Ingram isn't expensive. The Chiefs have been among those on the hunt around the league for a pass rusher, and they did host Ingram on a visit before he signed.
Ingram has played well for the Steelers this year and is the only viable backup on the roster. However, we only have 5 draft picks next year after trading a 4th (Isaiahh Loudermilk), 5th (Avery Williamson), and 6th (Joe Schobert). I don't think they'll make a move given the lack of depth and what Ingram brings to the defense, but it's worth considering to replenish some of the lack of day 3 picks if the price is right.

KEEP, he isn't much for cap cost and as stated, only depth we have.

If we did catch a spark we will need everything this team has and then a little MOORE as well.

Salute the nation

Agent tweet….Rappaport’s MO. The one year deals incentivizes this type of action.

He won't be traded not because of Watt and Highsmith. He won't be traded because there is nobody remotely equivalent behind him.

Who was the last player the Steelers traded FROM their roster during the season? Does this even happen here? I think they keep Melvin.
It has likely happened at some point in the last 30-40 years but I do not remember it happening. It would be interesting an fact to check into though. (they probably did this last year and I just don't remember ;) )

If we were 0-6 I could see it happening but we're now only 1 game down in the loss column for the division lead. What Ingram brings to the rotation right now in addition to depth is worth more to us than a late round pick.

It has likely happened at some point in the last 30-40 years but I do not remember it happening. It would be interesting an fact to check into though. (they probably did this last year and I just don't remember ;) )
Joshua Dobbs Sept. 9, 2019 to the Jags.

before that Sammie Coates to the Browns Sept 2, 2017, Ross Cockrell to the Giants

September 4 2015 Brad Wing (P) to the Giants

Salute the Nation

Joshua Dobbs Sept. 9, 2019 to the Jags.

before that Sammie Coates to the Browns Sept 2, 2017, Ross Cockrell to the Giants

September 4 2015 Brad Wing (P) to the Giants

Salute the Nation
Well there you have it...🤣🍺

I don't remember that but I do remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

Cheers....

They need to keep him. Still a lot of football to play and injuries can occur. The 6th or 7th rnd pick they would get for him is not worth losing the depth.

according to a report.

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...ts-out-of-pittsburgh-chiefs-made-trade-offer/

I hate this ****. He came in as a third OLB behind Watt and Highsmith and now he’s bitching about playing time because they’re both healthy?? He’s played well for us and I’d hate to see this hurt the D if we trade him and then need him later on…

There's no reason Ingram shouldn't be getting equal, if not more snaps than Highsmith. It's not like Highsmith is dominating and can't be taken off the field.

Ingram hasn’t said it so I’m not sure if I believe it honestly. People will say anything these days to get attention. Besides it’s not like he’s just sitting on the bench. He’s getting reps even with Highsmith and Watt in the game. He’s also gotten to start as well with the Watt and Highsmith injuries.

There's no reason Ingram shouldn't be getting equal, if not more snaps than Highsmith. It's not like Highsmith is dominating and can't be taken off the field.
I think highsmith is better and warrants more playing time. That said. If im colbert i stand pat unless the offer up at least a 4th. F that

Rappaport (sp) can be a little non-relyable but when you add ADITI into the mix then I'm betting there is some merit to the story.

I agree with B & G Bleeder to just sit tight and let it play out. The Chiefs are desperate, milk them for a 3rd, we need it.

Sakute the nation

These primadonnas need to ******* chill out. You came to a team with a rotational need, and when Watt was injured a few weeks back I don't recall a boatload of noise being made by this guy. He's ok, but he's not starting because he's not better than who we have starting, sit down and shut the **** up, and when someone goes down again, make the coaches and the fans remember you stepped in for them and you'll get more playing time. Till then, collect your check, do your job, and shut your ******* cockholster.

Joe