• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Petition to keep Vick off the team, or dump him since he's already been signed

The funny thing is, if he did all this to deer than nobody would even care. Dogs are idolized and almost worshipped in this country to a point. Which is crazy imo.

Dogs are not worshiped, they are held in higher regard than deer are though. Deer are a food source to Americans, dogs are pets (or members of the family). Typically deer hunters do not purposely torture deer during a hunt. They don't electrocute them, or beat them or slam them to the ground. They shoot them, hoping for a clean kill, if that doesn't occur, they locate the wounded animal and put it out of it's misery.

continuing to try and compare what vick did to hunters is ******* idiotic.

Ok, but if Garrett Hartley shoots an alligator(I guess he might eat some) , a bear which I highly doubt he would eat or any other trophy animal, simply for sport, you have to admit that while it might not be on the same level it is certainly on the same plane. While your worldview says that dog fighting is barbaric (and I would agree), others would certainly say that sport hunting particularly trophy hunting is also barbaric.

May not like it but I feel better with Vick as back up than anyone since CB left the game. Purely business we did need another QB.

Besides voicing one's opinion of like or dislike it's a waste of thought and effort to even begin to protest be it in person or by petition. Rather see the energy put towards ending world hunger.

Last edited:
Ok, but if Garrett Hartley shoots an alligator(I guess he might eat some) , a bear which I highly doubt he would eat or any other trophy animal, simply for sport, you have to admit that while it might not be on the same level it is certainly on the same plane. While your worldview says that dog fighting is barbaric (and I would agree), others would certainly say that sport hunting particularly trophy hunting is also barbaric.

if it was just dog fighting, I don't think people would be as upset with vick. It was the other stories of what he did to his losing dogs. The electrocutions, the beatings, drownings, slamming the dogs to the ground....that part of the story is what makes vick the piece of **** he is.

I've eaten bear. Wasn't impressed.

continuing to try and compare what vick did to hunters is ******* idiotic.

vick2.png

if it was just dog fighting, I don't think people would be as upset with vick. It was the other stories of what he did to his losing dogs. The electrocutions, the beatings, drownings, slamming the dogs to the ground....that part of the story is what makes vick the piece of **** he is.
Well the whole thing is barbaric in my opinion. That is why he went to Jail. but you and I both know that I could produce a laundry list of things players in this league have done that would most would find beyond offensive and still get to play. I find Adrian Peterson's attitude toward children he has fathered to be offensive, including playing days after his child was murdered and beating a three year old with a stick to be a hell of a lot more offensive than an issue that is 8 years old and he has played for two other teams already. But AP will be suiting up on Sundays and near the top of the FF lists.

I've eaten bear. Wasn't impressed.
I think eating a carnivorous/omnivorous animal is pretty dodgy in the health department. I'm sure some hunters do, hell some people will eat the *** out of an iguana I'm sure. but I highly doubt one percent of harvested bear is consumed.

yep idiotic.

how many of those animals were hanged or drowned or electrocuted???

I don't want vick because he is no longer a good qb....
Well the Cape buffalo, the pronghorn antelope and the bighorn sheep probably wouldn't be consumed. And I would imagine going off to die when you are gut shot is less than enjoyable. I find that no more idiotic than the ridiculous Mike Vick public service ad above. I'm embarrassed for some of you.

Well the Cape buffalo, the pronghorn antelope and the bighorn sheep probably wouldn't be consumed. And I would imagine going off to die when you are gut shot is less than enjoyable. I find that no more idiotic than the ridiculous Mike Vick public service ad above. I'm embarrassed for some of you.

luckily none of us give a **** about that

Can't speak to the Cape Buffalo, but We eat our fair share of Antelope. The Bighorn that my brother got tasted almost like the reg sheep we butcher, and that I am not really a fan of, we use it in sausage.

Dogs are not worshiped, they are held in higher regard than deer are though.

Worship might be a strong word for it, but when you can get a life sentence for killing a police dog I'd say that's pretty close. Regarded as human life would be more accurate tho.

luckily none of us give a **** about that
unfortunately the rest of us get painted with a brush of hypocrisy and stupidity with the **** that goes on here. Where one poster believes that Vick's presence on the team is due to Tomlin's own "thuggish background". An obviously penned article talking about the hypocrisy of being a Ben supporter and trashing Vick is dismissed as her being a stupid liberal *****, and people are wishing a man dead for something he did 8 years ago and he has the support of the very organization that should be offended. If some of you are really concerned about the "class" of this team, you should really look at yourselves.

unfortunately the rest of us get painted with a brush of hypocrisy and stupidity with the **** that goes on here. Where one poster believes that Vick's presence on the team is due to Tomlin's own "thuggish background". An obviously penned article article talking about the hypocrisy of being a Ben supporter and trashing Vick is dismissed as her being a stupid liberal *****, and people are wishing a man dead for something he did 8 years ago and he has the support of the very organization that should be offended. If some of you are really concerned about the "class" of this team, you should really look at yourselves.

if you read my posts...I am upset he is on the team because he is no longer a quality qb...

if you read my posts...I am upset he is on the team because he is no longer a quality qb...
Perhaps, but I wasn't speaking directly to your posts, but responding to your assertion that you don't give a **** about my opinion. And I have stated from moment one that if Mike Vick isn't one of the best three on this roster, or if there is a better option out there. That is fine. I'd prefer that. Problem is I've watched Landry Jones for three preseasons now.

If anybody wants to give away their Steelers gear and game tickets...PM me...I'll be discreet

See, we signed Vick and then Bryant got suspended... Coincidence or was it all Micheals fault? bwahahahahaha

get one......while there's still time.

life
līf/
noun
noun: life; noun: one's life; plural noun: one's lifes

the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
synonyms: existence, being, living, animation; More
sentience, creation, viability
"the joy of giving life to a child"
dedicate oneself, devote oneself, give oneself, surrender oneself
"he gave his life to the company"
antonyms: death, nonexistence
living things and their activity.
"some sort of life existed on Mars"
synonyms: living things, living beings, living creatures, the living; More
human/animal/plant life, fauna, flora, ecosystems;
human beings, humanity, humankind, mankind, man
"threats to life on the planet"
a particular type or aspect of people's existence.
plural noun: lives
"an experienced teacher will help you settle into school life"
synonyms: way of life, lifestyle, situation, fate, lot
"an easy life"
vitality, vigor, or energy.
"she was beautiful and full of life"
synonyms: vivacity, animation, liveliness, vitality, verve, high spirits, exuberance, zest, buoyancy, enthusiasm, energy, vigor, dynamism, elan, gusto, brio, bounce, spirit, fire; More
movement;
informaloomph, pizzazz, pep, zing, zip, vim
"he is full of life"
moving spirit, vital spirit, spirit, life force, lifeblood, heart, soul
"the life of the party"
the existence of an individual human being or animal.
"a disaster that claimed the lives of 266 Americans"
synonyms: person, human being, individual, soul

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

I think this is classy -- Art Rooney stops and talks to the Vick protesters when leaving facility.

All 9 of them.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib
I'd love to know the basis of the conversation, my guess would be he is saying pretty much what is being said by those of us who really don't care about the signing sans any Ben Roethlisberger rhetoric.

Not a fan of the signing. Was pissed about his behavior years ago. He did his time, lost respect, and whatever he had. People need to understand that that was the past. Just don't see him as a good QB. That's why I don't want him...

But, hope like hell, if we need him, he shines.....shoes for the players...lol...Hope he kicks ***!