• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Petition to keep Vick off the team, or dump him since he's already been signed

Not going to get into a big debate about dogs as those dogs didn't ask to be tortured and regardless of breed it doesn't matter. However, certainly some breeds like the pit bull were never intended to be a pet. They were bred for combat. That is a simple fact. Owners of these breeds can be very responsible and the dog can be a great animal. If they are less than diligent it is the same as leaving a loaded firearm sitting in your backyard.

Right. You never hear of pit bull attacks at dog shows where tens or hundreds of AmStaffs and Staffordshire terriers are congregating. The hysteria and myths surrounding the breed(s) suggests it's merely a coincidence. People who understand dogs know it's because those dogs are very well trained.

Vick threw for a measly 196 yards on 28 attempts against KC and an awful 132 yards against us on 18 attempts. Vick is a mediocre passer that is horrible at what we do best, the intermediate passing game. He is QB that can't read defenses and is dumb as a bag of bricks, awful signing and that doesn't include him being a piece of dog shi t as a person.

Please tell us what Hall Of Famer we should have signed instead of Vick? Of course, maybe you're comfortable with Landry Jones as your number 2 guy.

We have two huge Rottweiler dogs in our neighborhood. Won't walk our little dog on their street because they go completely ape **** over the fence when we did. They got out once and were wandering the neighborhood. I followed them through the back alleys with animal control on the phone. They went through a fence opening at a dog in its backyard. Once the first engaged the second was clearly in a predator mode. Somehow the owner got his dog in the house. There was screaming and I went to the fence. They were just coming out and I beat a very hasty retreat to my car. They proceeded to go ape **** at another dog through a chain link. Clearly would have fought and killed it if they could. Again it isn't the dog, but if you have an animal of that destructive ability it is incumbent upon you to have it trained to a much higher level than a small breed. Same as if you own firearms. You have to be responsible.

Please tell us what Hall Of Famer we should have signed instead of Vick? Of course, maybe you're comfortable with Landry Jones as your number 2 guy.

this is the part that we are not getting a response to. Football-wise, it's a good move. Morality-wise, not so much which I get. Do we want to win games and possibly a SB or see if Charlie Batch will come out of the booth?

If Michael vick were still dogfighting, or advocating it, or claiming he did nothing wrong, then moral outrage is well deserved, but at this point he has been back for 6 years has accepted 100% of the fault and kept his nose clean and even done positive things. Im not going to hold a man's sins against him forever. I wouldn't have signed him from a pure business standpoint, because you know the delusional pettiness round these parts, but im not throwing a fit because he is here... I wish him the best and I hope he doesn't have to ever play... end of story

Vick threw for a measly 196 yards on 28 attempts against KC and an awful 132 yards against us on 18 attempts. Vick is a mediocre passer that is horrible at what we do best, the intermediate passing game. He is QB that can't read defenses and is dumb as a bag of bricks, awful signing and that doesn't include him being a piece of dog shi t as a person.

Funny you should mention those "measly" stats, when in fact, the YPA in those two games would rank Vick at #11 and #6 respectively, as Seattle was sixth in team YPA at 7.3 and the Giants and Eagles tied for eleventh at 7.0 last season.

But don't let facts get in your way of your misguided opinion. The Steelers would be much better off with Landry Jones.

Keep trying to convince yourself Vick is worth a **** at QB, he sucks and of course was ill prepared to play coming off the bench in his OWN words last year. No one said Landry Jones was better but theor were other options available to the Steelers all simmer and we chose Vick who is a horrible intermediate passer, can't read defenses and of course was unwanted by every team in the NFL, including the Bills whose coach Rex Ryan had him the last few years, has a huge QB problem in Buffalo and who said of Vick he is not a cold weather QB, thank God Pittsburgh is a war m weather site.

but do you realize he is here for mop-up duty or incase of emergency? He's not here for us to forget Ben or take us to the promised land. He's not the face of the franchise. If Bruce didn't get hurt, finding another clipboard holder wouldn't have been a concern. Of the available QBs, I don't see many being close to the ability to Vick and from what I've read, the gap is HUGE. Ina perfect world, Vick will stay on the sidelines all season taking a roster spot.

Hall of Famers, LMFAO, we just need someone to be able tro read a defense and make good decisions and intermediate throws, I take a Matt Flynn or Rex Grossman over both Vick and the horrible Gradkowski.

They both suck also.....which horrible QB should we sign. Hmmmm.

Grossman took a team to the Super Bowl, Flynn is a great intermediate passer. Vick has never been a good passer and he is a poor fit for our offense.

LOL...Yet nobody wanted them also. Go figure.

Yet Flynn e=was signed before Vick and Grossman signed this week like Vick, hhmm

Wait...you didn't here me say Vick didn't suck. Yet with BOTH of them signed he was the logic choice to sign. So why are you saying how great they are if they were not even an option for us when we needed another QB as our #2 option? Do you even read what you write?

At this point Landry Jones might be the least of the Steelers problems.....

Is anyone listening to Tim Benz on the Steelers post game show going ape **** about the Steelers signing Vick?

I don't mind Benz using his other radio shows to rant against Vick but IMO it is bullshit that he is basically hijacking the post game show with the same old Vick stuff.

For those that don't know, Tim Benz used to work in Pittsburgh for ClearChannel (iHeartMedia) at WXDX. Two year ago we went to Boston to work at WEEI but his wife stayed in PGH (Kate Benz from the Tribune Review). Last month Benz moved back to town and got a job with both TribLive radio (morning show with Junker & Laird) and iHeartMedia (Steelers radio network host).

Last edited:
Vick was awesome for playing with 2 practices - THAT"s our back-up QB!

cut Landry - he makes me want to puke every time I see him now

So first we want to get rid of Vick now we want him to be the back up. Make up your mind people. Oy vey!

So first we want to get rid of Vick now we want him to be the back up. Make up your mind people. Oy vey!

it is not a we it is some peoples opinions

my stance will always stay the same

I think some choose simply to not talk about what we can't change at this point.

For me I will be focusing on the rest of the team.............

Vick was awesome for playing with 2 practices - THAT"s our back-up QB!

cut Landry - he makes me want to puke every time I see him now

I can't find it now but I saw a link on FB that said Vick had a QB rating of 118 today.

Is anyone listening to Tim Benz on the Steelers post game show going ape **** about the Steelers signing Vick?

I don't mind Benz using his other radio shows to rant against Vick but IMO it is bullshit that he is basically hijacking the post game show with the same old Vick stuff.

For those that don't know, Tim Benz used to work in Pittsburgh for ClearChannel (iHeartMedia) at WXDX. Two year ago we went to Boston to work at WEEI but his wife stayed in PGH (Kate Benz from the Tribune Review). Last month Benz moved back to town and got a job with both TribLive radio (morning show with Junker & Laird) and iHeartMedia (Steelers radio network host).

Benz is a nutcase. He has to politicize everything. The trib seems dead set on losing the guys I respect and getting the ones I don't care for