• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Preseason Steelers Vs Texans game thread

Johnston the punter looks like a major upgrade.
From the looks of it he'll get plenty of opportunities to punt.

Some notes:

Herbig better not be an opening day starter. They will need to give it to the rookie or bring in a vet.
Steelers need another WR.
They better hope they don’t need the third string QB, straight garbage.
Wasn’t overly impressed with Fields.
Was a good eye opener for Troy he had some good and bad.
Wilson has some speed but looks a little light in the arse.
Tomlin still doesn’t know when to challenge a play. Please let someone else do it , please.
Joey looked a little sloppy out there. Got lost on the one play caused him to get hands not that he needs help.
Bishop hasn’t impressed IMO not the answer inside.
Little Herbig looked explosive he will be a good change of pace pass rusher.
Benton got poked in the eye not thinking it is serious.

Last edited:
Score sucks. I’m not to worried about that. I do like what I see with Jones, McCormick, Frazier, Anderson and Fautanu. That combination is a good combination and I think they were letting them cook. Frazier definitely earned the starting job. I’m looking at some of the depth pieces this half. I think next week Russ will be in for a few series and it should be a smoother offense than with Fields

So, does CA3 get credit for an almost TD from PFF? I mean if Garrett gets the DPOY for almost sacks, CA3 should get credit for an almost TD.

I cannot judge Fields one way or other. Exchanges may have been him. He definitely held ball too long. Almost all passes were good. Tomlin ****** him on third drive.

iu

I cannot judge Fields one way or other. Exchanges may have been him. He definitely held ball too long. Almost all passes were good. Tomlin ****** him on third drive.
Not anticipating routes is one knock I heard on him.

Some notes:

Herbig better not be an opening day starter. They will need to give it to the rookie or bring in a vet.
Steelers need another WR.
They better hope they don’t need the third string QB, straight garbage.
Wasn’t overly impressed with Fields.
Was a good eye opener for Troy he had some good and bass.
Wilson has some speed but looks a little light in the arse.
Tomlin still doesn’t know when to challenge a play. Please let someone else do it , please.
Joey looked a little sloppy out there. Got lost on the one play caused him to get hands not that he needs help.
Bishop hasn’t impressed IMO not the answer inside.
Little Herbig looked explosive he will be a good change of pace pass rusher.
Benton got poked in the eye not thinking it is serious.
Herbig should go back to being backup guard. He’s better and provides quality depth. Should give Anderson some look at center and have him be the backup. If I’m not mistaken, he saw some action last preseason at center and performed adequately