• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Puts this to bed: The Steelers ARE frauds

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
They are, simply put. It's been a question posed in the media for weeks. And this week we get our definitive answer.

I heard one commentator claim that the Steelers were not a fraud, that only the question was taken wrong. That the question should be are the Steelers legit contenders as far as competing for the AFC North title, and that in that context, they are not a fraud, and that, no, they should not be considered legit contenders for a Super Bowl.

Well, no s---t Sherlock.

The Steelers are no better than the worst team in the NFL. All stats prove it. We could lose to any team, and, no, not in the context of "on any given Sunday" either. We are so bad that ANY NFL team has a good chance of beating us, as in the Browns with their 5th-round rookie QB. No problem, our own QB can barely throw for 100 yards (106 to be exact).

The Steelers are what their head coach is: a fraud. Tomlin is a fraud, period. All the hype he gets but in regality, it is fraudulent. Under his "leadership" this team is below average. We will barely remain a "winning team" (9-8 as I predicted in July) and the world will hail him as a "great NFL coach." But in reality, he is nowhere near "great," nor will he ever be.

No legit coach would hire Canada as OC, especially due to a "favor" Canada did. And no HC would keep him as OC after proving to be such a disaster in about every way possible. And no legit owner would allow the farce to continue as Art II has. None.

But I guess accountability is a foreign word to both Shades and Art II, there is no such thing in the Steeler language, not to either of those men. Until something major changes, the Steelers are nothing but frauds: Canada, Austin, Kenny (all 106 yards passing of him), Shades and Art II. One in the same. All frauds.

The Steelers were called the worst 11-0 team ever. Since that season, the success has been a mirage. They do enough to stay above .500 to keep Tomlin's record in tact, but not enough to actually be a contender to actually win a playoff game. It's the same issues every week and they do absolutely nothing to change it.

Good post, Greg. It would be hard to argue anything that is said here. McDaniels, David Ziegler, and Garoppolo would be an upgrade over what we have now (and that's factoring that McDaniels is still a closet Pats fan).

McDaniels? GTFOH. That guy has been a disaster as HC twice. Tomlin has actually won in this league. Simply put, Tomlin is too comfortable. I think if Rooney decides to light a fire under his *** you’d get a much better coach. Doubt that happens. But McDaniels? LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

How many Belichek assistant's have been hired away to be head coaches? 10
How many Andy Reid assistant's have been hired away to be head coaches? 10

How many Mike Tomlin assistant's have been hired away to be head coaches? Zero

Says something.

How many Belichek assistant's have been hired away to be head coaches? 10
How many Andy Reid assistant's have been hired away to be head coaches? 10

How many Mike Tomlin assistant's have been hired away to be head coaches? Zero

Says something.
The irony is, the one and only coach to leave Pitt and win a Super Bowl as a HC was the guy that Coach T was instrumental in forcing out (Arians). Says it all, really.

I have been off the Tomlin train for years. I'm not yet off the KP8 train. We really don't know what he is. No way we can read him in this system, or with the lack of esprit de corps with this team.

Get a real coach, and a real offensive plan, and let's see what he is. I think he will be good, not great, but could possibly be good enough to do some damage. But this offense is so bad, so very very bad, beyond our ability to express it bad, that no one would look good in this scheme with these coaches.

Tomlin seems to really think that any warm body will be a good coach. I can hear the conversation - "Hey Art, I want Stephan Hawking as conditioning coach." "Do you think he can do it?" "Well, he's dead, and was in a wheelchair, but I'm Tomlin, so it's a great idea." "You're right. Ten year contract?"

I have been off the Tomlin train for years. I'm not yet off the KP8 train. We really don't know what he is. No way we can read him in this system, or with the lack of esprit de corps with this team.

Get a real coach, and a real offensive plan, and let's see what he is. I think he will be good, not great, but could possibly be good enough to do some damage. But this offense is so bad, so very very bad, beyond our ability to express it bad, that no one would look good in this scheme with these coaches.

Tomlin seems to really think that any warm body will be a good coach. I can hear the conversation - "Hey Art, I want Stephan Hawking as conditioning coach." "Do you think he can do it?" "Well, he's dead, and was in a wheelchair, but I'm Tomlin, so it's a great idea." "You're right. Ten year contract?"
Tomlin only needs warm bodies to do as he tells them. He has NEVER struck me as a HC that wants a genius at the coordinator positions. He just needs those below him to implement HIS ideas.

I'd pay big bucks for an uncensored tell-all from Roethlisberger. I think most of us know that he likely faults Tomlin for squandering the second half of his HOF career (and understandably so).

Oh I've heard enough in certain ways from Ben and Cowher.

It's a real bummer. We had all of those years building up and maintaining a championship mindset and team. Now it's all gone.

Oh I've heard enough in certain ways from Ben and Cowher.

It's a real bummer. We had all of those years building up and maintaining a championship mindset and team. Now it's all gone.
Right. T couldn't get it done with Big Ben, AB, and Leveon. And for the majority of this time they at least had someone competent calling the offensive plays. NOW, we have ******* Gomer Pyle drawing up high school schemes for players who are inferior to the ones that I mentioned, yet we should feel good about our future? #tomlinisshitFIREHIM

Right. T couldn't get it done with Big Ben, AB, and Leveon. And for the majority of this time they at least had someone competent calling the offensive plays. NOW, we have ******* Gomer Pyle drawing up high school schemes for players who are inferior to the ones that I mentioned, yet we should feel good about our future? #tomlinisshitFIREHIM
The problem with our complacent coach is our complacent owner who is in charge of the decision to fire him. Art is complacent as long as we're having a "non-losing" record and his bank account keeps growing, end of story. He can't be bothered to find a new head coach, it's too much work and you have to "move a whole new family in." His words: moving a new family to Pgh is too much work for Art II.

6-4 is what the Steelers are. Still not sure how. but that is the record. I could see them ending 13-4 or 4- 13. neither would surprise me. This team does need big change at the Coaching position.

They are, simply put. It's been a question posed in the media for weeks. And this week we get our definitive answer.

I heard one commentator claim that the Steelers were not a fraud, that only the question was taken wrong. That the question should be are the Steelers legit contenders as far as competing for the AFC North title, and that in that context, they are not a fraud, and that, no, they should not be considered legit contenders for a Super Bowl.

Well, no s---t Sherlock.

The Steelers are no better than the worst team in the NFL. All stats prove it. We could lose to any team, and, no, not in the context of "on any given Sunday" either. We are so bad that ANY NFL team has a good chance of beating us, as in the Browns with their 5th-round rookie QB. No problem, our own QB can barely throw for 100 yards (106 to be exact).

The Steelers are what their head coach is: a fraud. Tomlin is a fraud, period. All the hype he gets but in regality, it is fraudulent. Under his "leadership" this team is below average. We will barely remain a "winning team" (9-8 as I predicted in July) and the world will hail him as a "great NFL coach." But in reality, he is nowhere near "great," nor will he ever be.

No legit coach would hire Canada as OC, especially due to a "favor" Canada did. And no HC would keep him as OC after proving to be such a disaster in about every way possible. And no legit owner would allow the farce to continue as Art II has. None.

But I guess accountability is a foreign word to both Shades and Art II, there is no such thing in the Steeler language, not to either of those men. Until something major changes, the Steelers are nothing but frauds: Canada, Austin, Kenny (all 106 yards passing of him), Shades and Art II. One in the same. All frauds.
They've got the team they deserve right now.

6-4 is what the Steelers are. Still not sure how. but that is the record. I could see them ending 13-4 or 4- 13. neither would surprise me. This team does need big change at the Coaching position.
you could see them ending the season 13-4??! bull-fiking-sheeut!!!

you could see them ending the season 13-4??! bull-fiking-sheeut!!!
Nothing surprises me this year. Other than the shock at still running this offense into game 11.

Rooney pays Tomlin. He gets what he pays for.

Odds are pretty slim they finish 4-13, better odds are 6-11