• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Renegade, over played, over hyped or just right >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Article is a “Home Page” read and very good at that.

It actually gives some stats to back up some of the results.

BEN & TJ give a little insight into their view of the song as well……………….

I haven’t been to a game in quite a while, but it seems to be overly used at times From what I can hear on the TV.

Been using it for 20+ years now, maybe time for a new “fight” song to go with wining a playoff game or two………. YOU know, try something new in both regards………..

Salute the nation

The Steelers play it once a game and usually during a crucial moment, or even for the rare occasion in which the Steelers have a big lead. Out-of-town fans want that as a part of the experience and it gets a positive reaction from the crowd. It's a cool tradition we have here and they should stick with it. I know I miss the old "Right Here, Right Now" and "Sirius" player introductions over the lame "Back in Black" they play now. It's all about getting the crowd hyped up. Tiesto and The Chainsmokers "Split" is a new one they added to the mix and the crowd organically reacted. I hope this one is in the rotation for awhile as well.

Move on from Renegade. Different time now with different players. My take anyways.

I believe they play it once a game. I definitely wouldn't call that overused but pretty much just right to get the fans and even the team going if played at the right time.

Another song could be an option but Renegade has become such a huge tradition that it would be tough to change.

It probably feels worn out to those always in attendance, but a great experience for fans who seldom go to games or out of town Steeler fans.

I like it because it's gotta be intimidating to opposing fans. What other teams song does that?

BEN & TJ both said it can be laughable when they can’t back it up. They both are very respectable to the fan but at times they can’t back up what the song is suppose to help with.

Stadium started playing it in 2002 and that Era+ team thrived off of it. The more recent teams seem to have more trouble in satisfying the call.

Like I said, I haven’t been to a game in quite awhile, but would like to know approximate average number of times it’s played during the course of a game.

I like the song but don’t like some of the results of not backing it up. (I know perfect world syndrome).

Salute the nation

I'm good with it.They could make it a playoff game only song.If you're going to replace it, what would be a good song to take it's place?

At least it isn't"Sweet Caroline ".

BEN & TJ both said it can be laughable when they can’t back it up. They both are very respectable to the fan but at times they can’t back up what the song is suppose to help with.

Stadium started playing it in 2002 and that Era+ team thrived off of it. The more recent teams seem to have more trouble in satisfying the call.

Like I said, I haven’t been to a game in quite awhile, but would like to know approximate average number of times it’s played during the course of a game.

I like the song but don’t like some of the results of not backing it up. (I know perfect world syndrome).

Salute the nation
I think that is when they wore the 60-minute men t-shirts.

I'm good with it.They could make it a playoff game only song.If you're going to replace it, what would be a good song to take it's place?

At least it isn't"Sweet Caroline ".

A bunch of friends of mine once spent hours trying to figure out a transgenerational song that would work as well and came up blank… its theme, tempo, lyrics… its just a perfect amp up song..

There should be rules about playing it..
1. Never in the first half of a game, or maybe never outside of the 4th quarter
2. Never in a blowout in either direction
3. Never in the first third of the season unless against a division rival or extremely key game.
4.Never if the team is out of playoff contention
4a Never in any game without playoffs implications… so the last game of a season where they have nothing to play for should not have it.
5. Always in games where they are honoring players from the renegade era…

One of my favourite songs all time ......... so hell yes I look forward to hearing it when I am able to attend a game............ it energizes the crowd...

Very disappointed with you Drink ..... throwing shade on a Steelers tradition ... especially after you dropped the ball a couple of years ago by holding onto your millions and allowing some outsider to rename our stadium ACRISURE..... You could have easily just ponied up the cash and called it IRON CITY or traded that luxury S10 for some giant ketchup bottles and kept it Heinz Field. You can't take it with you ....my boy........lol

It probably feels worn out to those always in attendance, but a great experience for fans who seldom go to games or out of town Steeler fans.

I like it because it's gotta be intimidating to opposing fans. What other teams song does that?

Intimidating? It seems in recent years every time it's played the opposition goes right down the field and scores.

Article is a “Home Page” read and very good at that.

It actually gives some stats to back up some of the results.

BEN & TJ give a little insight into their view of the song as well……………….

I haven’t been to a game in quite a while, but it seems to be overly used at times From what I can hear on the TV.

Been using it for 20+ years now, maybe time for a new “fight” song to go with wining a playoff game or two………. YOU know, try something new in both regards………..

Salute the nation
Yup

Save that **** till we need a meaningful stop in a playoff game, until then…shelf it

It's there for the tourista like me. It has no magical power. Players do feed off the crowd and if at one time it really pumped them up maybe. Once it becomes an expectation it loses luster.

Intimidating? It seems in recent years every time it's played the opposition goes right down the field and scores.
Well I didn't say it was intimidating to the opposing players.
If what you say is true....that it does the opposite and motivates the opposing team, then maybe we should get rid of it.

It feels over played but we dont always know it has been played when watching tv. Need to check twitter or have someone mention it

Is once a game really overplayed? Maybe waving Terrible Towels in crucial moments of games is also done too much and we could change that up as well.
I have bought 5 terrible towels. I gave one to each of my kids and a niece and a dear friend with MS. I have one left. It's special. Tradition. so yep no.