• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roe V. Wade Aborted by SCOTUS

You speculated that the ulterior motive behind the benefit was to reduce maternity leave, etc. So why not offer a $4k incentive to any woman wanting an abortion regardless if she had to travel or not?
It’s not a $4000 dollar incentive to get an abortion. They are offering to pay up to $4k for a person that wants or needs an abortion to travel from a state that doesn’t permit abortion to one that does. That’s it.

Let me ask you. Will it be cheaper to pay up to $4000 for a woman to travel for an abortion than to pay 12 weeks of maternity leave and then insurance for a kid for 18 years? Will the person having the abortion be at work more or less than a woman that has a baby? Will that added work time and reduction of expenses benefit the company?

It’s not hard. In a country that rails against evil corporations for being greedy, only the American left would think some **** like this is all on the up and up.

You'll drown driving him to Monaco. Just saying.
Was thinking that I said Monaco and not Monaca, the town across the river from me that you can reach by driving over a bridge.
Monaca is the home of P-Dub's Sports Bar, no relation to the PDub here at SN although once I PM'd her a pic of the place.

It’s not a $4000 dollar incentive to get an abortion. They are offering to pay up to $4k for a person that wants or needs an abortion to travel from a state that doesn’t permit abortion to one that does. That’s it.
Pssst......reading comprehension has never been Floggy's long suit.

ABSOLUTELY no one has been arrested for refusing the vaccine.

People can ABSOLUTELY be arrested for having or performing an abortion.

“My body my choice” only applies to one of those now. Conditions, exceptions.
Yeah they generally arrest people for crimes of murder/manslaughter.

didn't Biden just ban vapes and cigarettes last week? So much for my body my choice.

Lot's of talk about taking away a "constitutional right" to abortion but I looked and did not see abortion anywhere in the constitution. I did however see references to arms and the court did just recently point that out by striking down a NY law and restoring an actual constitutional right.

So to sum up, the libs in charge are con artists, actively lying to people, and the lib followers are mindless drones who believe whatever they are instructed to believe.

This is why censorship is so important to the left. None of their arguments can hold up to even the slightest questioning. When you can't win an argument, the only resort is shutting down debate.

didn't Biden just ban vapes and cigarettes last week? So much for my body my choice.

Lot's of talk about taking away a "constitutional right" to abortion but I looked and did not see abortion anywhere in the constitution. I did however see references to arms and the court did just recently point that out by striking down a NY law and restoring an actual constitutional right.

So to sum up, the libs in charge are con artists, actively lying to people, and the lib followers are mindless drones who believe whatever they are instructed to believe.

This is why censorship is so important to the left. None of their arguments can hold up to even the slightest questioning. When you can't win an argument, the only resort is shutting down debate.

My body my choice. No sugary sodas for you either. Funny how selective my body my choice really is.

My body my choice. No sugary sodas for you either. Funny how selective my body my choice really is.
Guaranteed that half the Swamp isn't unhappy about the price of meat going up either since everyone should be a vegetarian anyway.
We don't like gas so we'll force the price up so you buy less.
We don't like meat so we'll force the price up so you buy less.

And now a word from the biggest vote getter in the entire history of the United States...

just click instagram. I'm sure they don't want too many people seeing this.

"Right will always be right even if you're standing alone"

Wasn’t it Obama that said he didn’t want his daughters punished with a pregnancy…
Not sure but I’ve heard that he said “Harder Big Mike, harder! Give me a kidney punch!”

Let me ask you. Will it be cheaper to pay up to $4000 for a woman to travel for an abortion than to pay 12 weeks of maternity leave and then insurance for a kid for 18 years? Will the person having the abortion be at work more or less than a woman that has a baby? Will that added work time and reduction of expenses benefit the company?

It’s not hard. In a country that rails against evil corporations for being greedy, only the American left would think some **** like this is all on the up and up.
Dear God, this is a baby we are talking about. A BABY. Baby. WHAT??? We need to reevaluate this whole thing.

Wasn’t it Obama that said he didn’t want his daughters punished with a pregnancy…
I think it was "punished with a baby".

You know all of these folks personally and that they in fact have not done that? Such a stupid statement.

Do you know all the pregnancy and women's centers around that are funded through donations to help support pregnant women in whatever they need to care of their child? They work to help save the mother to be able to save the child - to save them both. They supply them with whatever they need to support themselves and their child - while also helping them to get in a position to be able to help themselves. There are lot's of these places and organizations out there - just take a look for yourself, and stop with the lazy argument of "Not like any of them are adopting these unwanted kids"

Oh, and don't get me started on the government run adoption agencies that make it super difficult and hoop jumping galore to adopt kids. It's why a lot of people either adopt from foreign countries or get surrogates.
We adopted a child from overseas because it was too difficult and expensive to adopt a US born child. We later decided to adopt again, but chose to go through the State system. You were required to go through an “education” program. When we got there, it was nothing more than the State trying their damndest to get you to become foster parents. Almost nothing to do with adoption. It became crystal clear that the State only desired to adopt the children with expensive mental and physical needs. The healthy children turn a financial profit for these agencies, and are almost never available for adoption. I called them out for this, and we were asked to leave. It is all about the money for these agencies.

Clearly you missed my prior post and don't understand the differences between a mandate and a law.

Refusing the vaccine was never illegal because the mandates weren't laws. They just ruined millions of lives. Abortion is illegal in certain jurisdictions. Break the law, get arrested.

My body my choice applies to both. Being coerced is being forced and people were indeed coerced. There is no question. Their body their choice didn't apply..
You’re merging definitions to fit your idea of reality. A job is a privilege, not a right. Freedom is a right. The threat of losing a job is in no way comparable to the threat of long term incarceration.

Sorry, but part of the issue is it was your side that was screaming my body my choice for 50 years until Covid then that went out the window. It is my contention that it ripped the veil off and the stupidity of the whole argument was exposed. It is never my body, my choice. Someone else will ALWAYS be impacted. I got the vaccine, even though I had Covid, partly because I believe that is the case. I also thought it was hypocritical of me to get other vaccines without complaint or issue yet complain about this one, or make it political. Since then quite a bit of information has come out. I will not be taking anymore or boosters or anything of the sort. I don't take the flu shot every year either.
Nope. People have the right to refuse the vaccine, they no longer have a right to an abortion. It’s that simple.

If the ulterior motive is true, would it not have also existed prior to the overturning of Roe v Wade? You’re essentially arguing that Dick’s suddenly developed an ulterior motive involving their pregnant employees. They didn’t suddenly incur maternity and insurance benefit costs.

If the ulterior motive is true, would it not have also existed prior to the overturning of Roe v Wade? You’re essentially arguing that Dick’s suddenly developed an ulterior motive involving their pregnant employees. They didn’t suddenly incur maternity and insurance benefit costs.
No it wouldn't have. If every state allowed abortion, why would I need to offer employees up to $4000 dollars to travel to another state to get an abortion? Again, the part you seem to be missing or ignoring is that corporations like Dick's are not paying for the abortion. They are not encouraging abortion that I know of. They are paying the travel cost for employees that want an abortion. That's it.

If you can't see the financial benefit to the company of having employees at work more, not having to pay maternity leave with that employee's lost production, and not having to pay for a child's healthcare for 18 years, I can't help you. I mean, none of the greedy corporations in America would be that nefarious, would they?

Just ANOTHER policy put in place to show how more “woke” they are. This is nothing but free publicity for them. They got countless free publicity over their very public “wokeness” when they started with no longer selling guns. This is just the new hottness that gets them free airtime. MAYBE they pay out a few claims, that is a hell of a lot cheaper than paying for advertising.

You’re merging definitions to fit your idea of reality. A job is a privilege, not a right. Freedom is a right. The threat of losing a job is in no way comparable to the threat of long term incarceration.

And you're attempting to make a comparison between the two ignoring that one is a mandate and one is a law. You also are making the central tenet of your flawed position about whether you can be arrested or not. As if that is the sole basis of "my body my choice."

Many would argue they'd rather be arrested than lose their livelihood or personal freedoms.

The punishment doled out for getting an illegal abortion or being forced to take an experimental jab isn't the compare.

No it wouldn't have. If every state allowed abortion, why would I need to offer employees up to $4000 dollars to travel to another state to get an abortion? Again, the part you seem to be missing or ignoring is that corporations like Dick's are not paying for the abortion. They are not encouraging abortion that I know of. They are paying the travel cost for employees that want an abortion. That's it.

If you can't see the financial benefit to the company of having employees at work more, not having to pay maternity leave with that employee's lost production, and not having to pay for a child's healthcare for 18 years, I can't help you. I mean, none of the greedy corporations in America would be that nefarious, would they?
Affording TRAVEL doesn’t minimize maternity leave and insurance benefit costs. Enabling ABORTION does. If your ulterior motive was real, it would have existed prior to the overturning of Roe v Wade.