• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roe V. Wade Aborted by SCOTUS

Too bad the “ones with their eyes open” seldom foster or adopt one of the survivors of the “genocide”.
You know all of these folks personally and that they in fact have not done that? Such a stupid statement.

Do you know all the pregnancy and women's centers around that are funded through donations to help support pregnant women in whatever they need to care of their child? They work to help save the mother to be able to save the child - to save them both. They supply them with whatever they need to support themselves and their child - while also helping them to get in a position to be able to help themselves. There are lot's of these places and organizations out there - just take a look for yourself, and stop with the lazy argument of "Not like any of them are adopting these unwanted kids"

Oh, and don't get me started on the government run adoption agencies that make it super difficult and hoop jumping galore to adopt kids. It's why a lot of people either adopt from foreign countries or get surrogates.

Again, im not really concerned with the abortion debate…
But the my body, my choice part is a little iffy…. If you were arguing that nobody can force you to get an abortion… well that matches up with legal precedent… but if you walk into a doctors office and demand tgey lop off a finger or foot because tgats what you want, they won’t do it.. heck you cant even self terminate legally… so that is limited

And by doing that, look at the money they’ll save. Won’t have to worry about paid maternity leave or adding kids to insurance rolls they have to pay for. On top of that, people getting abortions will be at work a lot more. Corporations like Dick’s may look like white knights, but I promise you this was done with an eye toward their bottom line.
Then why didn’t they offer an abortion benefit to employees in all states?

And I've seen innumerable African Americans cheering this on. The ones with their eyes open know that abortion has been a form of genocide against the black community. They are the greatest victims. The #1 killer of black lives...abortion.
BLM

Until they don’t.

Then why didn’t they offer an abortion benefit to employees in all states?
You’d have to ask them that. The only benefit is travel. They aren’t paying for the abortion. My guess is they didn’t offer it in states where abortion is permitted. They wouldn’t need to. A woman can roll down to her local death clinic and have an abortion. No need for a corporation to offer to pay for local travel.

And by doing that, look at the money they’ll save. Won’t have to worry about paid maternity leave or adding kids to insurance rolls they have to pay for. On top of that, people getting abortions will be at work a lot more. Corporations like Dick’s may look like white knights, but I promise you this was done with an eye toward their bottom line.
Bingo. 30 years ago my health insurance had a zero deductible for the vasectomy I got.

The likely outcomes: more minority kids, more big government to support them and no Republican President for as far as the eyes can see.
Not really. It will still be legal in blue states with big cities with large minority populations and lots of abortion clinics. That’s why I’m a pro-choice Republican. Means less future Democrats.
Blacks are 12% of the population and vote 90% Democrat but its estimated that if not for Roe they would be about 38% of the population.

You’d have to ask them that. The only benefit is travel. They aren’t paying for the abortion. My guess is they didn’t offer it in states where abortion is permitted. They wouldn’t need to. A woman can roll down to her local death clinic and have an abortion. No need for a corporation to offer to pay for local travel.
Imma get a job at Dick’s, identify as a woman, say I’m pregnant, and need to go to Monaco on Grand Prix weekend for an abortion. Special doctors there who can perform abortions on pregnant men. 🫃

Imma get a job at Dick’s, identify as a woman, say I’m pregnant, and need to go to Monaco on Grand Prix weekend for an abortion. Special doctors there who can perform abortions on pregnant men. 🫃
I’ll drive you. It’s not safe in your condition to be driving.

You speculated that the ulterior motive behind the benefit was to reduce maternity leave, etc. So why not offer a $4k incentive to any woman wanting an abortion regardless if she had to travel or not?

You speculated that the ulterior motive behind the benefit was to reduce maternity leave, etc. So why not offer a $4k incentive to any woman wanting an abortion regardless if she had to travel or not?
Yeah ok. X company “we will pay your thousands to kill your baby”. That’s what happens when it’s a company wide policy.

But to your point, if I wanted to kill my baby in a state that permitted it, I’d sue the company for my 4K. It’s discriminatory. Why should she in that state get all that money for kill her baby when I don’t.

Too bad the “ones with their eyes open” seldom foster or adopt one of the survivors of the “genocide”.

That's pretty racist.

And isn't that equivalent to saying Liberals are never the ones who volunteer to house/support/care for illegal immigrants?

It’s two factual statements. You’re failing to accept reality.

What's factual is my body my choice is an absolute statement. If you believe it, it doesn't come with conditions or exceptions.

People had to show proof of vaccination in some circumstances to be able to do certain things. That isn't force by the government and an assault on freedom?

He also needs a lesson on the difference between a mandate and a law. The vaccine mandates didn't make it illegal not to be vaccinated. You would just have your livelihood stripped from you and your personal freedoms trampled on. Laws in some places made abortions illegal because it was deemed to be (correctly) murder.

Apple, meet orange.

Do you know all the pregnancy and women's centers around that are funded through donations to help support pregnant women in whatever they need to care of their child? They work to help save the mother to be able to save the child - to save them both. They supply them with whatever they need to support themselves and their child - while also helping them to get in a position to be able to help themselves. There are lot's of these places and organizations out there - just take a look for yourself, and stop with the lazy argument of "Not like any of them are adopting these unwanted kids"

And the ProChoice movement is increasing their attacks, bombings, destruction of these pregnancy centers.

Let that sink in.....

And the ProChoice movement is increasing their attacks, bombings, destruction of these pregnancy centers.

Let that sink in.....
Well, they dont care if kids get adopted or are saved from abortion. They just like to pontificate on bullshit points.

Just wait, an abortion clinic will get attacked and that will be news du jour. it will be an op, but headlines nonetheless

What's factual is my body my choice is an absolute statement. If you believe it, it doesn't come with conditions or exceptions.
ABSOLUTELY no one has been arrested for refusing the vaccine.

People can ABSOLUTELY be arrested for having or performing an abortion.

“My body my choice” only applies to one of those now. Conditions, exceptions.

Clearly you missed my prior post and don't understand the differences between a mandate and a law.

Refusing the vaccine was never illegal because the mandates weren't laws. They just ruined millions of lives. Abortion is illegal in certain jurisdictions. Break the law, get arrested.

My body my choice applies to both. Being coerced is being forced and people were indeed coerced. There is no question. Their body their choice didn't apply..

Sorry, but part of the issue is it was your side that was screaming my body my choice for 50 years until Covid then that went out the window. It is my contention that it ripped the veil off and the stupidity of the whole argument was exposed. It is never my body, my choice. Someone else will ALWAYS be impacted. I got the vaccine, even though I had Covid, partly because I believe that is the case. I also thought it was hypocritical of me to get other vaccines without complaint or issue yet complain about this one, or make it political. Since then quite a bit of information has come out. I will not be taking anymore or boosters or anything of the sort. I don't take the flu shot every year either.

AcidicMediocreIcelandicsheepdog-size_restricted.gif
You'll drown driving him to Monaco. Just saying.