• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roe V. Wade Aborted by SCOTUS

This trained evangelical and ordained minister disagrees with you…

What a load of garbage. Look, have people done bad things in the name of God? Absolutely. We are inherently evil. We are ALL hypocrites. All you have to do is look around to see that. You can see it clearly in some of these abortion protests. The only reason many of us do not resort to some of the stuff we see is not due to our self control, but through the grace of God.

But people are all happy with Christians if they can be kept in a box. And that box is things like feeding the poor, helping impoverished places or whatever. But we gotta stay in that box. The minute we stray out of that and start to comment on social issues, look out. Then you have guys like this who have lost their way, who it has become more important to them to be accepted by the mainstream. But I think it is our job, now more than ever, to challenge what is going on.

Donald Trump. I will not apologize for supporting him. I learned well. In the '90s when Gloria Steinman was asked if it was hypocritical to support Bill Clinton in light of his issues, she stated it was about his policies. Well, Trump got 3 conservatives on the Supreme Court and Roe v. Wade is overturned. Look at the family tree of Jesus Christ. It's not a clean sheet, for sure. You use what/who you can to get the results you want.

The final thing here...the main question. If all of us asked God for the ability to take one step toward living more like Jesus, regardless of our starting point, would this world be a better or worse place? I think we all know the answer to that.

Its a country of 258 million adults… if you’d like me to produce an extremist in any particular faction, i will happily ablige… shall i go search the Dem political boards for some people who want to mass exterminate all republicans then stereotype all democrats with those few opinions?

Lol I was born Catholic but converted to an evangelical church in second grade. When i got older I often helped evangelical groups when tgey needed chaparones or labor volunteers for various functions… i will attest that sure there are some extreme people there, but that isn’t the general person… its just the narrative based on the loudest and most extreme from that group.

You should know better than to fall for stereotypes lol

They’re the same thing. They are a payday candy bar. One is a plastic wrapper the other is a paper wrapper. However it’s the same thing.

I’m disappointed in the way this has all shaped out. Not just because of the lies but because it has turned American citizens on each other
I'll disagree with you to a point, in general Republicans do nothing, and frankly, I like that in a politician.
The loud, extreme end of the Democratic party wants to change everything in this country, and in my opinion, not for the better.

I'll disagree with you to a point, in general Republicans do nothing, and frankly, I like that in a politician.
The loud, extreme end of the Democratic party wants to change everything in this country, and in my opinion, not for the better.

It's more like trying to undo the ridiculous stuff the democrats have done. That's what irks people and we know it's a complex process undoing entrenched bs in government.

But heck yeah I'd really like them to do nothing but focus on our countries prosperity and independence. First time in a long time we get a guy in who really was pushing the country in the right direction and they lose their ******* minds.

The democrats have become so anti American they may as well be an arm of the Chinese communist party.

Well we all know....the squeaky wheel gets the grease..

I think it would benefit the county if the Repubs shouted more and the Dems shouted less...maybe the nation would tilt back to a sense of normalcy...

In 2019 there were about 630k abortions, about 3.7m births, about 66k adoptions, and 125k kids waiting to be adopted. I am against abortion except in rare circumstances, but what would happen to these 630k kids if they were born? It seems at least 90% of abortions are due to convenience issues. If a mother is unfit / unwilling to take care of the baby then that child does not have a good chance to be productive in society. Foster cares are swamped and some of them are not good environments and there are already 125k kids on an adoption list My gf was adopted and in foster care for a while before that and a couple of the homes she was in were bad. Annie is not too far off reality for some kids.
I guess the main question is what is the logical solution? Ideally you would want to have sound family units and people take more responsibility, but how do you control that legally? Even if morning after pills were more readily available I dont think people would be responsible enough to get them. I really dont know what the solution is

Democrats are loud but I don’t think the republicans sitting by doing nothing is beneficial. Although like I have stated numerous times. They are all more than likely buddy buddy when the media and cameras are turned off. The dem vs republican concept is just a charade to draw us citizens into picking a side

Lol im going to put this up here just for the Lulz…

Its from millennial site bored panda, I thought it was going to be satire lol… it was not. I often used that site to get millennial perspectives… it’s usually rather ….um ….interesting?

I am against abortion except in rare circumstances, but what would happen to these 630k kids if they were born? It seems at least 90% of abortions are due to convenience issues.
Looking at where most abortions occur, I'd say that at least 90% of them would grow up to vote Democrat. That's why I'm a pro-choice Republican.

In 2019 there were about 630k abortions, about 3.7m births, about 66k adoptions, and 125k kids waiting to be adopted. I am against abortion except in rare circumstances, but what would happen to these 630k kids if they were born? It seems at least 90% of abortions are due to convenience issues. If a mother is unfit / unwilling to take care of the baby then that child does not have a good chance to be productive in society. Foster cares are swamped and some of them are not good environments and there are already 125k kids on an adoption list My gf was adopted and in foster care for a while before that and a couple of the homes she was in were bad. Annie is not too far off reality for some kids.
I guess the main question is, Am I ever going to pay Jimmy the $50 I owe him and save what very little respect I have left here at SN?
fify

I guess the main question is what is the logical solution? Ideally you would want to have sound family units and people take more responsibility, but how do you control that legally? Even if morning after pills were more readily available I dont think people would be responsible enough to get them. I really dont know what the solution is
I blame Lyndon Johnson, seriously.

You provided an idiotic premise. People can be denied admission to places for any number of reasons, it doesn’t make it a violation of any right.

You keep assuming abortion is a Federal right. Legally and constitutionally it is not. Therefore all of your arguments are null when you refer to or infer abortion as a right.

Last edited:
It seems at least 90% of abortions are due to convenience issues.

It's higher than that. Sources show between 93-98% are abortions of convenience.

Too many people want too many things to be “rights”. I don’t happen to agree with a lot of this, but as a Country, we have a means of addressing this.

Anyone can start the process of establishing a Federally protected “right”. This is called the amendment process. If an individual believes that abortion should be a Federally protected “right”, you just have to get enough people in your State to agree with you and ratify the addition to the Constitution. Of course you will also have to get enough States to ratify theirs too. It is not an easy process, but it is totally doable.

All these protesters “want” this right, but are unwilling to “Do” anything to guarantee this becomes a “right”.

Rights fall into two categories… the first are legal rights.
The second are unalienable rights. The first exist only because a law or agreement grants you the right. The second is something we recognize people are inherently given as a universal common sense right.

People have the inherent right to protect themselves from harm, for example… or look at slavery… we recognize that nobody has the right to own another person… these rights can’t be circumvented or signed away. In theory any law made trying to take them away would be illegal in nature

The issue with abortion is it is at a crossroads of two fundamentally inherent rights… the acknowledgment that a person has limited control over medical procedures on their own body, and the absolute right an individual has to live… the unknown question is when, precisely, does life start…

to date we dont have absolute evidence one way or another… thats why it doesn’t fly as a absolute right for women.. its just a giant grey area that nobody can say for sure

Now the compromise that neither side could stomach was what we had for a long time… since like the 90’s or late 80’s… that was no abortions past the age of viability… we knew there was a good chance sentience happens before viability, but we couldn’t pinpoint it so it was a logical cutoff point…

Libs wanted unregulated abortion… even the really cruel ones… cons wanted nothing at all… in most states the standard likely will stay where it is at…

But as for rights, its such a ******* gray area, one could argue either way

People have the inherent right to protect themselves from harm, for example… or look at slavery… we recognize that nobody has the right to own another person… these rights can’t be circumvented or signed away. In theory any law made trying to take them away would be illegal in nature
Gubmint pretty much owns our *****. Yeah you can disconnect from society and go live off the land up in Alaska and likely nobody will pay you any mind but stop paying taxes for a little while and you'll see how free you really are. 😁

What a load of garbage. Look, have people done bad things in the name of God? Absolutely. We are inherently evil. We are ALL hypocrites. All you have to do is look around to see that. You can see it clearly in some of these abortion protests. The only reason many of us do not resort to some of the stuff we see is not due to our self control, but through the grace of God.

But people are all happy with Christians if they can be kept in a box. And that box is things like feeding the poor, helping impoverished places or whatever. But we gotta stay in that box. The minute we stray out of that and start to comment on social issues, look out. Then you have guys like this who have lost their way, who it has become more important to them to be accepted by the mainstream. But I think it is our job, now more than ever, to challenge what is going on.

Donald Trump. I will not apologize for supporting him. I learned well. In the '90s when Gloria Steinman was asked if it was hypocritical to support Bill Clinton in light of his issues, she stated it was about his policies. Well, Trump got 3 conservatives on the Supreme Court and Roe v. Wade is overturned. Look at the family tree of Jesus Christ. It's not a clean sheet, for sure. You use what/who you can to get the results you want.

The final thing here...the main question. If all of us asked God for the ability to take one step toward living more like Jesus, regardless of our starting point, would this world be a better or worse place? I think we all know the answer to that.
Great post

Gubmint pretty much owns our *****. Yeah you can disconnect from society and go live off the land up in Alaska and likely nobody will pay you any mind but stop paying taxes for a little while and you'll see how free you really are. 😁
Woodrow Wilson brought us two planks of the communist manifesto with the federal reserve act and the progressive income tax. When the power to coin money was taken away from the people as enumerated in the constitution, obviously the private bank had to have confiscatory power over the labors of the people. In simple terms, when the government borrows money from the Fed, we are the collateral for the loan and the government claims ownership over us.

Maybe the SCOTUS Will repeal the federal reserve act as well since it also has no basis in the constitution.

Woodrow Wilson brought us two planks of the communist manifesto with the federal reserve act and the progressive income tax. When the power to coin money was taken away from the people as enumerated in the constitution, obviously the private bank had to have confiscatory power over the labors of the people. In simple terms, when the government borrows money from the Fed, we are the collateral for the loan and the government claims ownership over us.

Maybe the SCOTUS Will repeal the federal reserve act as well since it also has no basis in the constitution.
Bet that would have implications that would totally dwarf Roe v Wade.

I'm seeing more than a few pissed off Dems on social media. Pissed off because Pelosi is sending out fund raising emails to protect 'bortion rights and they're like, "WTF? You and our party have been in charge for much of the last 35 years and NOW you want to fix it permanently? Da **** you been doing?"
It's called the "Red Pill". LOL.

What rubbish! Thanks for sharing!

I look at these multimillionaires and their mega churches with disdain like anyone else, but this "ordained minister" is as disingenuous as it gets.

They have nothing to do with the foundations of the Christian faith. Their political agenda is based on hate, rejection, condemnation and self-righteousness..

Hate? This guy lost all credibility when he parrots liberal rhetoric. Making generalizations and calling opposition to something "hate".

American evangelicals do not represent the faith in any genuine way.

Uh huh, sure. Not a single one.

By targeting abortion, LGBTQ rights and other "radical" forces in society,
In the 20 years since then, evangelicals have fought a long battle to re-criminalize abortion (which they are winning), along with brand new issues like public bathrooms, health care for trans teenagers and how we teach about America's racial history or issues of sexuality in school.
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites!" says Jesus in Matthew 23.

Yes, because Jesus dealt with abortions, LGBTQ **** and restrooms every day!
If he had, then he would have either forgave them or worked some miracle to cure them.

Many don't believe in God. I'm all right with that.

Because you don't either.

In our own time, these new Pharisees use their enormous political influence to reject foreigners, deny health insurance to millions, judge the poor as lazy, refuse any and all regulation of deadly firearms and stand in opposition to equality of opportunity. In short, they stand side by side with the oppressors on virtually every issue.

warf.gif

Maybe that 630K gets greatly reduced as both men and women remember that unprotected sex has consequences and they use protection.

Part of the problem is that adoption is an overly complicated racket.