• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph vs Pickett

Let Kenny play the next 3 games calling his own plays.

Derrick Henry is now tied with Pickett for touchdown passes…

If Pickett rushes for two more tds this year he will tie Henry’s rookie season for rushing tds… which is also an irrelevant comparison lol
No, it’s a good thing that Henry has as many passing touchdowns as Pickett

And every person on this board has as many touchdown passes as your third-string idol does this year. So what?

And every person on this board has as many touchdown passes as your third-string idol does this year. So what?
Your trite reference about Rudolph just shows how obtuse you are. Again I live in facts. How many passes has Rudolph thrown this year? How about in 2019? Lets compare those stats.

KP - 130/195 66.7% 1,161 yards 2 TDs 8 INTs 68.8 QB rating
MR - 131/203 64.5% 1,330 11 TDs 4 INTs 93.01 QB Rating

I don't know how well Rudolph would be playing right now. No one does. I would guess it couldn't be worse than Pickett though since he is DEAD LAST IN THE NFL.

Useless thread, everyone in Pittsburg hates Rudolph and has a love affair with Kenny. We love stats when it promotes are opinion, yet call stats irrelevant when they don't.

Useless thread, everyone in Pittsburg hates Rudolph and has a love affair with Kenny. We love stats when it promotes are opinion, yet call stats irrelevant when they don't.
Right! If you flip flop KP stats with MR, Pittsburgh is calling him the chosen one.

No. He had Fichtner.
Who, by the way was an utter joke.
The memory of some of these guys is like one of a gnat. People act like Fichtner, or Arians and Haley weren't scrutinized on this board when they ran the offense.

Fichtner was a joke but at least he used the whole field. I mean lets be real here. When Randy Fichtner is a better OC then its truly time to find a new gig (im looking at you Matt canada).
Oh, so Fichtner is good now. How about Todd Haley? Is he good now too?

Your trite reference about Rudolph just shows how obtuse you are. Again I live in facts. How many passes has Rudolph thrown this year? How about in 2019? Lets compare those stats.

KP - 130/195 66.7% 1,161 yards 2 TDs 8 INTs 68.8 QB rating
MR - 131/203 64.5% 1,330 11 TDs 4 INTs 93.01 QB Rating

I don't know how well Rudolph would be playing right now. No one does. I would guess it couldn't be worse than Pickett though since he is DEAD LAST IN THE NFL.
And your stupid reference out of nowhere about Derrick Henry (which obviously prompted my response) having as many touchdown passes as Pickett wasn't trite and obtuse?

Here's a fact you can live in: Rudolph hasn't thrown a pass this season because, despite being in his fifth NFL season, he is now a third-string quarterback. A reality your small mind cannot seem to grasp.

Here's another one: While Peyton Manning was not dead last in the the NFL in 1998 in passer rating, he came in 23rd with a 71.2 mark, managing to finish ahead of guys like Tony Banks, Danny Kanell, Donald Hollas, Craig Whelihan, Bobby Hoying, and Ryan Leaf. I know, I know...it's so incredibly hard to believe that even the best quarterbacks tend to struggle as rookies on bad offensive teams, isn't it?

And your stupid reference out of nowhere about Derrick Henry (which obviously prompted my response) having as many touchdown passes as Pickett wasn't trite and obtuse?

Here's a fact you can live in: Rudolph hasn't thrown a pass this season because, despite being in his fifth NFL season, he is now a third-string quarterback. A reality your small mind cannot seem to grasp.

Here's another one: While Peyton Manning was not dead last in the the NFL in 1998 in passer rating, he came in 23rd with a 71.2 mark, managing to finish ahead of guys like Tony Banks, Danny Kanell, Donald Hollas, Craig Whelihan, Bobby Hoying, and Ryan Leaf. I know, I know...it's so incredibly hard to believe that even the best quarterbacks tend to struggle as rookies on bad offensive teams, isn't it?
You need look up words in the dictionary before using them. I’ve never compared pickett to Henry before so it’s not trite and obtuse is an adjective.

Rudolph is the 3rd QB on the team. You are correct. And as such hasn’t thrown a pass. But when he was 24, the same age as Pickett, he threw passes better than Pickett is.

23rd. 😂 Not 36th out of 36. Guys like Taylor Heinicke are blowing him out of the water. And he was a backup in the XFL! He is now tied with Ryan Leaf and Jimmy Clausen for having a 1% TD percentage to pass attempts. Think about that. All the QB’s in the history of the NFL and he’s only 1 of 3 to start off this poorly. He’s historically bad.

You need look up words in the dictionary before using them. I’ve never compared pickett to Henry before so it’s not trite and obtuse is an adjective.

Rudolph is the 3rd QB on the team. You are correct. And as such hasn’t thrown a pass. But when he was 24, the same age as Pickett, he threw passes better than Pickett is.

23rd. 😂 Not 36th out of 36. Guys like Taylor Heinicke are blowing him out of the water. And he was a backup in the XFL! He is now tied with Ryan Leaf and Jimmy Clausen for having a 1% TD percentage to pass attempts. Think about that. All the QB’s in the history of the NFL and he’s only 1 of 3 to start off this poorly. He’s historically bad.
You must have shoved your dictionary up your *******, because I've never compared all of Steeler Nation to a third-string quarterback before, so it couldn't be trite like you said it was, right? Yeah, obtuse is an adjective that describes you perfectly: annoyingly slow to understand.

We all know how well and often you can regurgitate Rudolph's second-year stats from when he was 24. Amazing how he hasn't blossomed into the superstar you envisioned here at his prime age of 27, isn't it? How does he now have a career rating well below the league average? What happened? With those kind of stats at 24, you'd think he'd be on his way to Canton by now. Can't understand how a rookie ranked #36 and a journeyman are ahead of him on the depth chart, since he must be so much better at 27 than he was three long years ago. Somehow he's become a third-stringer who hasn't thrown a pass. So sad.

There were only 29 qualifiers that season, and Manning was ahead of the historically bad quarterbacks I mentioned. That was the point, which, not surprisingly, you failed to understand. It's ironic that you would mention Taylor Heinicke (the former XFL backup) during your Pickett-bashing -- he has a higher career passer rating than your idol Mason Rudolph. Do you know what irony is?

Look up "cretin" when you pull that dictionary out of your ***. You might find a picture of yourself.

The memory of some of these guys is like one of a gnat. People act like Fichtner, or Arians and Haley weren't scrutinized on this board when they ran the offense.

Fitchner was scrutinized very hard by myself and many others. Just to be clear he wasn't given a pass.

My memory is suspect but not on this topic.

Salute the nation

You must have shoved your dictionary up your *******, because I've never compared all of Steeler Nation to a third-string quarterback before, so it couldn't be trite like you said it was, right? Yeah, obtuse is an adjective that describes you perfectly: annoyingly slow to understand.

We all know how well and often you can regurgitate Rudolph's second-year stats from when he was 24. Amazing how he hasn't blossomed into the superstar you envisioned here at his prime age of 27, isn't it? How does he now have a career rating well below the league average? What happened? With those kind of stats at 24, you'd think he'd be on his way to Canton by now. Can't understand how a rookie ranked #36 and a journeyman are ahead of him on the depth chart, since he must be so much better at 27 than he was three long years ago. Somehow he's become a third-stringer who hasn't thrown a pass. So sad.

There were only 29 qualifiers that season, and Manning was ahead of the historically bad quarterbacks I mentioned. That was the point, which, not surprisingly, you failed to understand. It's ironic that you would mention Taylor Heinicke (the former XFL backup) during your Pickett-bashing -- he has a higher career passer rating than your idol Mason Rudolph. Do you know what irony is?

Look up "cretin" when you pull that dictionary out of your ***. You might find a picture of yourself.
I compared what to what? Wtf are you yammering about?

Rudolph isn’t the starter. That’s a fact. But the guys ahead of him aren’t really blowing the league up either. MT is ranked 30th this year. Maybe Rudolph would be doing worse but likely not.

There were only 29 QB’s in 1998? 😂

Look up dipshit in the dictionary. You’ll find a picture of yourself.

Fitchner was scrutinized very hard by myself and many others. Just to be clear he wasn't given a pass.

My memory is suspect but not on this topic.

Salute the nation
So acting like Rudolph had an advantage at OC is a dumb argument. That’s all I am saying.

So acting like Rudolph had an advantage at OC is a dumb argument. That’s all I am saying.

Fitchner had BEN to train him, had it not beeen for BEN, Fitchner would be just a spit watermellon seed (by a three year old's distance) better than O'Canada.

Botto line is Rudolf is never getting a chance to prove anything here at the STEELERS. He will leave and be a backup until injury provides another opportunity to show his wears, good or bad. He had some bad career breaks (helmet fighting / concussion) at the least opportune time and couldn't recover from that.

I never wish bad ever on any players yet alone a STEELERSplayer but I hope for Rudy to be released or traded for him to get his chance, successful or not.

Salute the nation

Rudy did have a marginally better OC and a usually a better OL, that being said he often also didn’t get the benefit of any/many practice reps and was frequently missing top skill position players when he did play.

All the KP knob slobbers will never look at the whole picture.

I’m not saying Rudy IS better, too early to tell…he certainly produced better numbers/results comparing first games though.

The key factor in all the comparisons that make it really hard to gauge is MT. He has regressed year by year for the past decade and now seemingly has his hand in everything. Until this roadblock to success is removed it may be hard to evaluate any players other than Watt who is obviously HOF talent

Kenny is a steeler and as such I will support him and pray he becomes better than Ben or Terry, BUT I hated the pick. we could be 3-6 with Mitch or Rudy and had upgraded the Oline there are some really good QB's coming out this year and I just personally think we missed on this one.

KP having 2TDs and 8 picks is unacceptable with the receivers we have he should have more TD's just by accident. I know he has some rushing TD's but we didn't draft him as a running back we drafted him to Throw TD's.

Kenny is a steeler and as such I will support him and pray he becomes better than Ben or Terry, BUT I hated the pick. we could be 3-6 with Mitch or Rudy and had upgraded the Oline there are some really good QB's coming out this year and I just personally think we missed on this one.

KP having 2TDs and 8 picks is unacceptable with the receivers we have he should have more TD's just by accident. I know he has some rushing TD's but we didn't draft him as a running back we drafted him to Throw TD's.
Who are these really good QBs I keep hearing about?