• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph vs Pickett

Bryce young.. C. J. Stroud... Cameron Ward. I also think Hendon Hooker is of the same caliber as KP and could be had in the 3rd or 4th.
So two top-5 picks who are out of reach. I wouldn't say that Hooker is guaranteed to be available that late. I honestly don't know anything about Ward, but haven't heard anything about him being a top QB prospect for the NFL.

We should put all of our QBs on the field. Line them up at wideout. Run some reverse lateral flea flicker $hit. It might be unstoppable.

See, I am thinking we put one QB at, well, QB. One at WR. One at left tackle. Then we run a WR screen and all three can die in one play and we can set a Guiness Book of World Records record for most QBs killed in a single play.

Kenny is a steeler and as such I will support him and pray he becomes better than Ben or Terry, BUT I hated the pick. we could be 3-6 with Mitch or Rudy and had upgraded the Oline there are some really good QB's coming out this year and I just personally think we missed on this one.

KP having 2TDs and 8 picks is unacceptable with the receivers we have he should have more TD's just by accident. I know he has some rushing TD's but we didn't draft him as a running back we drafted him to Throw TD's.
I would have thought Kenny would have thrown a few more TDs for sure. As for his Ints, many were passes off his WR's hands. And on the WRs front. Who are these WRs that make it unacceptable to only have 2 TDs? The playcalling is what is unacceptable. You can count on your hands how many plays that have gone into the middle of the field. Teams are still crowding the box and sidelines anticipating short sideline passes that we love to do. Hopefully, Kenny's game improves in the games to come.

I would have thought Kenny would have thrown a few more TDs for sure. As for his Ints, many were passes off his WR's hands. And on the WRs front. Who are these WRs that make it unacceptable to only have 2 TDs? The playcalling is what is unacceptable. You can count on your hands how many plays that have gone into the middle of the field. Teams are still crowding the box and sidelines anticipating short sideline passes that we love to do. Hopefully, Kenny's game improves in the games to come.

KP game will improve hence a new OC is applied.

Salute the nation

So two top-5 picks who are out of reach. I wouldn't say that Hooker is guaranteed to be available that late. I honestly don't know anything about Ward, but haven't heard anything about him being a top QB prospect for the NFL.
I think Hooker goes bottom 1 high 2 at worst.

up until our win last week we were picking 4. with this coaching staff I have more faith we will end up around that spot than not. My point is I though KP was a reach in the first round and that our exiting GM threw **** at the wall on his way out. Like I said earlier KP is a steeler and I will fully support him and cheer him on, not only do I have no problem admitting when I am wrong I truly hope he plays so well going forward I have to come back and eat some crow.

up until our win last week we were picking 4. with this coaching staff I have more faith we will end up around that spot than not. My point is I though KP was a reach in the first round and that our exiting GM threw **** at the wall on his way out. Like I said earlier KP is a steeler and I will fully support him and cheer him on, not only do I have no problem admitting when I am wrong I truly hope he plays so well going forward I have to come back and eat some crow.
Colbert and company were in love with Kenny. they even tried to trade up for him. I am simply thankful we got him where we did.

Colbert and company were in love with Kenny. they even tried to trade up for him. I am simply thankful we got him where we did.
Like I said I really do hope you are right and I am wrong... He is a steeler now and I want him to be the best QB in the league..

I totally hear yaz warriors42, great post and thanks for all your great ones along the way.

Side note and free advice:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Crow is best BBQ'd and fresh with lotSA sauce. (experience talkiN)

Salute the nation

Colbert and Co were also in love with Mason Rudolph (they allegedly had a 1st round grade on him too)

They must’ve saw a little Mason in KP haha

Uh, why the comparison to Rudolph? Rudolph hasn’t accomplished anywhere near what Trubisky has. If Pickett is benched, Trubisky should be the QB. Unless there’s an injury, Rudolph is irrelevant to the QB conversation.
I agree. I think if Mitch were to find his way back in the starting line up- we’ll see more of the same Mitch we saw from the Tampa game where he went out and played his game, not the scripted BS he was running every moment. Mitch has accomplished more that Mason as well. The only way either winds up the starter is injury to Pickett anyways. I am interested in seeing if he has a multiple interception game- will KP8 get pulled?

I’d just like to see KP put a complete game together without a bullshit OC calling junk plays.

I read that Canada won’t even let him
Audible… junk

Never thought I’d see the day that anyone on this board would state that any Steelers QB had an advantage with Randy Fichtner as OC. Utterly laughable. I guess no one remembers running the wildcat 8 times a game.

Never thought I’d see the day that anyone on this board would state that any Steelers QB had an advantage with Randy Fichtner as OC. Utterly laughable. I guess no one remembers running the wildcat 8 times a game.
Well, Harris stated they were expanding his role in the wildcat from here on out....CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I’d just like to see KP put a complete game together without a bullshit OC calling junk plays.

I read that Canada won’t even let him
Audible… junk
I don’t hate some of Canada’s stuff as much as people here, and it works elsewhere… but the no audible stuff is micromanager nonsense that doesn’t belong in the nfl

I don’t hate some of Canada’s stuff as much as people here, and it works elsewhere… but the no audible stuff is micromanager nonsense that doesn’t belong in the nfl
Yeah. Could be because Pickett is a rookie. Ben audibled. And I think Pickett can change out of a pass to a run. But hopefully he can call some more plays at the line soon

I compared what to what? Wtf are you yammering about?

Rudolph isn’t the starter. That’s a fact. But the guys ahead of him aren’t really blowing the league up either. MT is ranked 30th this year. Maybe Rudolph would be doing worse but likely not.

There were only 29 QB’s in 1998? 😂

Look up dipshit in the dictionary. You’ll find a picture of yourself.
I can't waste more time spelling everything out for you. You're just too ******* stupid.

No, cretin, there weren't only 29 quarterbacks in 1998. But that year, there were only 29 quarterbacks who had enough passing attempts to meet the minimum requirement for the official NFL leaderboard. There happens to be 36 qualifiers at this point in the season here in 2022, despite there being only 32 teams, which is why you're able to list KP at #36 of 36.

Is that concept also too difficult for you to comprehend? Do I need to type slower?

I can't waste more time spelling everything out for you. You're just too ******* stupid.

No, cretin, there weren't only 29 quarterbacks in 1998. But that year, there were only 29 quarterbacks who had enough passing attempts to meet the minimum requirement for the official NFL leaderboard. There happens to be 36 qualifiers at this point in the season here in 2022, despite there being only 32 teams, which is why you're able to list KP at #36 of 36.

Is that concept also too difficult for you to comprehend? Do I need to type slower?

Derp

On Kenny
Cowherd nailed it 9:40 mark

I don't do this often, but I do agree with Cowherd here.

Tomlin is going nowhere, but the OC should. Is Mike capable of hiring one, history says no.

With the draft, there should be no shinny toys selected, which will also have to change from the current philosophy.