• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph vs Pickett

Derp
Wow, so you post a link showing the 106 players with at least one pass attempt in 1998. Brilliant. I guess this proves to your tiny pea-brain that Manning's 23rd ranking that year must be pretty good! He was in the top quarter of the league!

Boy, you sure showed me! Keep up the great work, you are pure amusement.

Last edited:
Wow, so you post a link showing the 106 players with at least one pass attempt in 1998. Brilliant. I guess this proves to your tiny pea-brain that Manning's 23rd ranking that year must be pretty good! He was in the top quarter of the league!

Boy, you sure showed me! Keep up the great work, you are pure amusement.
23rd is 36% better than 36th.

Your whole argument is based on Manning having a far superior rookie season than Pickett. I don’t have to show you. You are showing everyone for me.

23rd is 36% better than 36th.

Your whole argument is based on Manning having a far superior rookie season than Pickett. I don’t have to show you. You are showing everyone for me.
A far superior rookie season? Jesus Christ. Manning's numbers improved as his rookie season went along, but by the end he was still near the bottom of the league at 23rd, ahead of a bunch of bums. My argument is that good/great QBs can have poor rookie statistics when playing on bad teams. Here's their numbers after 6 starts:

Manning 113/210 1364 yards 6 TD 14 INT 55.7 passer rating
Pickett 115/237 1426 yards 3 TD 8 INT 71.8 passer rating

Your whole argument is based on your idol having better stats to start his career than KP does at this point. Rudolph had MUCH better stats then Manning did through 6 starts, so that proves...what, exactly? Besides your stupidity?

A far superior rookie season? Jesus Christ. Manning's numbers improved as his rookie season went along, but by the end he was still near the bottom of the league at 23rd, ahead of a bunch of bums. My argument is that good/great QBs can have poor rookie statistics when playing on bad teams. Here's their numbers after 6 starts:

Manning 113/210 1364 yards 6 TD 14 INT 55.7 passer rating

Your whole argument is based on your idol having better stats to start his career than KP does at this point. Rudolph had MUCH better stats then Manning did through 6 starts, so that proves...what, exactly? Besides your stupidity?
Dead last vs 23rd. I mean there’s 32 starters in the league and Pickett is somehow 36th. It’s not like one got an 77 out of 100 on a test and the other got 64 out of 100. One got dead last.

I think we should all just stop and think for a minute how topseed is currently comparing Peyton Manning to Kenny Pickett 😂

I don’t hate some of Canada’s stuff as much as people here, and it works elsewhere… but the no audible stuff is micromanager nonsense that doesn’t belong in the nfl
There are other OCs copying Canada and making it work???
Examples please

Dead last vs 23rd. I mean there’s 32 starters in the league and Pickett is somehow 36th. It’s not like one got an 77 out of 100 on a test and the other got 64 out of 100. One got dead last.
I've already explained to you why there's 36 quarterbacks on the list in 2022 (actually it's currently down to 35 this week). It's based on a qualifying number of attempts. Somehow you are too dull-witted to understand this simple concept.

And Pickett's season is not over yet, just like Manning's wasn't after his first six starts. You know, when Peyton had a 55.7 rating? So KP hasn't "got dead last" just yet, has he?
I think we should all just stop and think for a minute how topseed is currently comparing Peyton Manning to Kenny Pickett 😂
I have no idea if Kenny Pickett will be anywhere near as good as Peyton Manning. Probably not. What I do know is that Pickett is already rapidly gaining on your hero's career passing rating mark, and he is going to make many more starts for the Steelers than that third-string clown ever will.

I think we should all stop and think for a minute how your undying love for Mason Rudolph is making you look really, really stupid. Actually, we don't have to -- everybody knows that already.

I've seen enough good things from Pickett to continue to be interested in how he develops.

There are still too many bad throws, but he flashes good awareness, poise, mobility and arm talent and might be getting close to having pretty consistent connections with Pickens and Freiermuth, though he and DJ seem like they never practice together and have a ways to go.

I've seen enough good things from Pickett to continue to be interested in how he develops.

There are still too many bad throws, but he flashes good awareness, poise, mobility and arm talent and might be getting close to having pretty consistent connections with Pickens and Freiermuth, though he and DJ seem like they never practice together and have a ways to go.
According to cool shade marinade, DJ is targeted by opposing defenses for his greatness.

I've already explained to you why there's 36 quarterbacks on the list in 2022 (actually it's currently down to 35 this week). It's based on a qualifying number of attempts. Somehow you are too dull-witted to understand this simple concept.

And Pickett's season is not over yet, just like Manning's wasn't after his first six starts. You know, when Peyton had a 55.7 rating? So KP hasn't "got dead last" just yet, has he?

I have no idea if Kenny Pickett will be anywhere near as good as Peyton Manning. Probably not. What I do know is that Pickett is already rapidly gaining on your hero's career passing rating mark, and he is going to make many more starts for the Steelers than that third-string clown ever will.

I think we should all stop and think for a minute how your undying love for Mason Rudolph is making you look really, really stupid. Actually, we don't have to -- everybody knows that already.
Comparing two heir apparent Roethlisberger replacements that are currently on the same roster. And comparing (poorly i might ad) KP to perhaps the best quarterbacks in NFL history.

Topseed = 🤡

There are other OCs copying Canada and making it work???
Examples please

In the years before the Steelers brought him in to be a qb coach, Canada was hired as a consultant for about a third of the nfl teams looking to install more RPO stuff… this includes Andy Reid and the Chiefs, who use a lot of his stuff as a portion of their high powered offense.

When we decided to promote him, I read up on his stuff a ton… there are entire strategic breakdowns of his plays from third party coaches you can buy if you were an actual coach trying to install it… that Eagles offense that tore us up is a version of it… i mean there are a ton of brilliant plays he has… now the one thing he doesn’t have is any experience calling a pro game, and it shows… but play design isn’t a problem as much as people think…
Also id argue that our oline isn’t built for any of Canada’s stuff.. just like the Oline we used with Arians sucked for Arians deep passing game

I don’t think you can possibly be this stupid, can you? Stop making **** up to support your dead argument for MR.
I’m sorry.

Kenny Pickett = Peyton Manning

Please continue with your superior intelligence.

I just could not fathom this guy making it on teams today. A few games and everyone is off onto long debates. Not years of being in a hot fire with everyone hating you.

Thankfully it forged him. It definitely damaged him permanently.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds over the rest of this season and into next year.

Anyone that calls KP a bust at any time this year needs their head examined. A QB needs through year 2 and even year 3 to fully evaluate them. I said from the beginning, it would take 3 years to build a team around him and I stick to that. He wasn't even supposed to play this year but Trubisky was playing even worse. Canaduh, the OL and the lack of running game will hold KP or any QB on our team back. They put KP in (too soon or not can be debated) and now he should be the QB for the rest of the year. This team is horrible so having a rookie QB in there doesn't matter much as far as wins and losses. At this point, take your lumps and hope for a top 5 or, at worst, a top 10 pick the Steelers can add some young studs in the draft for once.
And beechees here are arguing we shouldn't draft a QB #1 next year

I don’t think we should. I think the coaches (and fans) gave up on Rudolph too fast and I think giving up on KP after his rookie season would be too fast as well. I hope he can string some good games together to finish the season and build off that success for 2023.

in my opinion - albeit not having watched the last two games admittedly - flashes >> bad throws.
Pickett's done enormous things for a rook despite fighting an uphill battle against the ridiculous offense installed by the coordinator.

Kid should be fine unless he gets hit too many more times and develops a case of the yips.
Here's to a few more games of many jet sweeps to keep the kid off his back. :beers:

In the years before the Steelers brought him in to be a qb coach, Canada was hired as a consultant for about a third of the nfl teams looking to install more RPO stuff… this includes Andy Reid and the Chiefs, who use a lot of his stuff as a portion of their high powered offense.

When we decided to promote him, I read up on his stuff a ton… there are entire strategic breakdowns of his plays from third party coaches you can buy if you were an actual coach trying to install it… that Eagles offense that tore us up is a version of it… i mean there are a ton of brilliant plays he has… now the one thing he doesn’t have is any experience calling a pro game, and it shows… but play design isn’t a problem as much as people think…
Also id argue that our oline isn’t built for any of Canada’s stuff.. just like the Oline we used with Arians sucked for Arians deep passing game
That would be fitting for our affinity of slamming square pegs into round holes

So the argument is: conceptually he has ability but situationally he is utterly inept?

I’d love to read some of those articles, because I certainly don’t see ANY brilliance from him and certainly don’t believe the Eagles or KC BOUGHT his plays (not sure who the morons are that did, but there’s enough morons out there that someone may have)

They may copy something that Canada also copied as it is a copy cat league, but it’s not like Matt invented RPO or a jet sweep (which is where I see the similarities start and end comparing us to any high powered offense)

Certainly he can’t call plays for **** and he can’t teach his players his concepts so those are huge problems.

I guess I just need more patience, surely it will all come together soon

Maybe we should, we definitely should consider it if KP doesn’t show clear and obvious growth signs if a franchise QB is BPA when we are on the clock.

It is the Most important position on the field and until you have one your team basically tops out at average at best.

But many here have been dulled by years of Mediocre Mike into accepting average as the acceptable standard and would be content watching years more of average as long as the hometown hero is sailing the ship

Moron coaches asking they guy to throw 42 times last game. ..
Cowher said before they are asking too much of a rookie… good rookie qbs not named Dan Marino are usually coupled with a mildly successful run game first and foremost… they don’t need to run run pass every series, but it would be nice if they had more thirds and less than fours than thirds and sevens or worse for tge Rookie