• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph vs Pickett

Yeah, stupid. It's pumping someone up to say that he's solid, when he isn't.
😂 yeah, if he who has statistically proven to be better than Pickett isn’t solid what does that make Pickett? 🤡

😂 yeah, if he who has statistically proven to be better than Pickett isn’t solid what does that make Pickett? 🤡
Pickett>Rudolph

Better under pressure, better accuracy, better mobility.

Rudolph isn't guiding anyone's sleigh, rightfully so.

Pickett>Rudolph

Better under pressure, better accuracy, better mobility.

Rudolph isn't guiding anyone's sleigh, rightfully so.
Better under pressure? He scrambles while in a good pocket all the time. Better accuracy? Over threw Muth and chunked another in the ground Sunday. He is more mobile than Rudolph.

Better under pressure? He scrambles while in a good pocket all the time. Better accuracy? Over threw Muth and chunked another in the ground Sunday. He is more mobile than Rudolph.

Sorry Ford, Rudolf doesn't have a perfect throw history either.

Salute the nation

A report came out recently how well he was performing under pressure. Doesn't matter a play here and there his accuracy is statistically better. All three mentions pass the eyeball test when comparing the two. One of Rudy's biggest issue was in the red zone not being able to thread the needle into tight windows.

Your boys deficiencies resulted in his third string status. So impressive nobody was trying to trade for him.

Rudolph career accuracy 61.5
Kenny P. 65.2

So the final outcome is

(Drumroll)

Pickett>Rudolph the red nosed third stringer.

Rudolph throws a better deep ball... Other than that there is zero comparison.. Pickett already looks like he has been playing qback for years while Rudolph looks like the game is way to big for him. Hopefully picketts long ball gets better cause that does scare me on how off his throws are and it is almost like canada has taken them out of playbook...

Sorry Ford, Rudolf doesn't have a perfect throw history either.

Salute the nation
Definitely. But acting like accuracy isn’t an issue with Pickett is asinine.

regardless, Rudy's days in black and gold are dwindling.

Definitely. But acting like accuracy isn’t an issue with Pickett is asinine.
Of course it is an issue just in comparison is better than Rudy's accuracy. We are comparing not ruling out deficiencies. There is a difference. So perhaps it wasn't such an assinine assessment.

I have provided you with a statistical fact, some might suggest ignoring it is assinine.

I would like to see his accuracy jump up to 70 percent.

definitely. I think same can be said with Trubisky.
Unless he asks for a trade or release he will again be the number 2 QB. Where Rudy the red nosed 3rd stringer is gone by seasons end.

Joe Friday signing off.

Unless he asks for a trade or release he will again be the number 2 QB. Where Rudy the red nosed 3rd stringer is gone by seasons end.

Joe Friday signing off.
Yes. I could be wrong but the way the organization has handled everything I just don’t see Mitch not asking to be traded or released.

Yes. I could be wrong but the way the organization has handled everything I just don’t see Mitch not asking to be traded or released.
? They gave Mitch a chance to start and he was uninspiring. Seems like they handled everything in this instance just fine.

? They gave Mitch a chance to start and he was uninspiring. Seems like they handled everything in this instance just fine.
The second they drafted Pickett he was their guy. Nothing Mason or Mitch did was going to change that. So Rudolph signs a friendly 1 year extension likely because he was promised an opportunity to take over for Roethlisberger. Lie. Mitch signs a 2 year deal in free agency likely promised the same and then the Steelers draft a QB and heir apparent in the first round. I don’t like shady dealings that aren’t transparent. And I honestly feel if we wouldn’t have signed Mitch we likely start the season with Rudolph starting, probably have a .500 or better record but still likely let him walk in free agency next year as you aren’t drafting a guy in the first not to eventually be your guy. I think that scenario helps 1. The steelers, 2. Pickett development, 3. Rudolph get a bigger deal next spring(steelers also get a better comp pick), 4. Mitch have a better opportunity somewhere else.

Most intelligent observers have conceded that KP had a bunch of poor starts at the beginning, stupid. There's overwhelming evidence from countless examples that most rookie quarterbacks struggle out of the gate. Yet you somehow cannot comprehend the obvious difference here -- Rudolph got worse as time went along, and Pickett is getting better. In fact, it's three starts and counting now that Kenny has had a higher QB rating (85.9, 87.5, and 90.9) than your hero's career number of 80.9.

Where's the attempt update this week, moron? Or have you finally figured out that you don't want to show that decreasing gap again?

The second they drafted Pickett he was their guy. Nothing Mason or Mitch did was going to change that. So Rudolph signs a friendly 1 year extension likely because he was promised an opportunity to take over for Roethlisberger. Lie. Mitch signs a 2 year deal in free agency likely promised the same and then the Steelers draft a QB and heir apparent in the first round. I don’t like shady dealings that aren’t transparent. And I honestly feel if we wouldn’t have signed Mitch we likely start the season with Rudolph starting, probably have a .500 or better record but still likely let him walk in free agency next year as you aren’t drafting a guy in the first not to eventually be your guy. I think that scenario helps 1. The steelers, 2. Pickett development, 3. Rudolph get a bigger deal next spring(steelers also get a better comp pick), 4. Mitch have a better opportunity somewhere else.
😂 Nothing was shady here. Mitch got the start, if he performed better he would still be starting. He knew there would be competition and eluded to such. Rudy had an open and closed door opportunity to start. He didn't blow their socks off. They didn't want to throw Kenny into the fire so if Rudy would have beat out Mitch he would have gotten the start. He obviously didn't.

Most intelligent observers have conceded that KP had a bunch of poor starts at the beginning, stupid. There's overwhelming evidence from countless examples that most rookie quarterbacks struggle out of the gate. Yet you somehow cannot comprehend the obvious difference here -- Rudolph got worse as time went along, and Pickett is getting better. In fact, it's three starts and counting now that Kenny has had a higher QB rating (85.9, 87.5, and 90.9) than your hero's career number of 80.9.

Where's the attempt update this week, moron? Or have you finally figured out that you don't want to show that decreasing gap again?
No, the rose colored classes wearing Steelers an Panthers fans have concluded that. The people who can actually separate feelings and emotions and have rational thoughts have concluded Pickett is struggling. I mean his best games the last three weeks are the type of games that got Mitch benched. Now I am not saying that isn't an improvement from how he started off. I am just stating facts. More facts are KP's highest QB Rating is 90.9. Highest. Rudolph has posted 92.4, 124.6, 100.2, and 104.0.

😂 Nothing was shady here. Mitch got the start, if he performed better he would still be starting. He knew there would be competition and eluded to such. Rudy had an open and closed door opportunity to start. He didn't blow their socks off. They didn't want to throw Kenny into the fire so if Rudy would have beat out Mitch he would have gotten the start. He obviously didn't.
The kind of games that got Mitch benched are the kind of games we call good for Pickett.

If Rudy or Mitch didn't think their was a high possibility that the Steelers were going QB in the 1st round then they are not that bright. Maybe you were the only one that thought that wasn't a possibility but the entire rest of the planet did.

Last edited:
1. Rudolph signed his extension in April, 2021. He knew at that time that he was the only QB signed to the team in 2022. If he thought the Steelers, or any other team, would go into a season with only 1 QB on the roster, he's an idiot. If someone had to tell him that he would have to compete for the job, he's an idiot. If he needed to be told that the Steelers would most likely draft a QB at a premium draft slot if one was available that they liked, he's an idiot. The Steelers', front office and coaches, responsibility is to get the best players possible on their roster. And if Mason Rudolph doesn't/didn't know that, he's an idiot.

2. Trubisky knew when he signed that he would be competing for a starting job. He was also specifically told that if KP was available at 1:20, they would pick him. So, all of the above hold true for Trubisky also.

3. I wish Mason Rudolph well in the next phase of his life. Once a Steeler, always a Steeler. After this year, he has a chance to prove that Tomlin, the coaches, fans, etc. were wrong about him. I don't see it happening. But, good luck!

1. Rudolph signed his extension in April, 2021. He knew at that time that he was the only QB signed to the team in 2022. If he thought the Steelers, or any other team, would go into a season with only 1 QB on the roster, he's an idiot. If someone had to tell him that he would have to compete for the job, he's an idiot. If he needed to be told that the Steelers would most likely draft a QB at a premium draft slot if one was available that they liked, he's an idiot. The Steelers', front office and coaches, responsibility is to get the best players possible on their roster. And if Mason Rudolph doesn't/didn't know that, he's an idiot.

2. Trubisky knew when he signed that he would be competing for a starting job. He was also specifically told that if KP was available at 1:20, they would pick him. So, all of the above hold true for Trubisky also.

3. I wish Mason Rudolph well in the next phase of his life. Once a Steeler, always a Steeler. After this year, he has a chance to prove that Tomlin, the coaches, fans, etc. were wrong about him. I don't see it happening. But, good luck!
1. Obviously, they weren't going into 2022 with one QB. They had just signed Haskins to a future/reserve contract when Rudolph signed his extension. Also, Dobbs was on the roster the previous year and had just been signed for the upcoming season. There's a difference with competing for a job and being handed the job. Pickett was handed the job. It is not his fault the Steelers drafted him in the first round. Hell, they drafted a Pitt Panther in the first round. Then Rudolph proceeded to be the best QB in camp and preseason. How was he rewarded? Third string QB. It wasn't an open competition. It is what it is. Life isn't fair. People get special treatment. But when you deny or even can't see it that just makes you look foolish.

2. Again, he likely didn't think he would compete against the hometown hero in Pickett. I believe he thought, and probably Rudolph as well, as it was going to be a three-man competition with Rudolph, Haskins, and himself. Now Haskins tragically dying a few weeks before the draft could have altered the Steelers draft plans, I get it. But drafting Pickett in the first really set the ball in motion. Now I don't know how much Haskins death changed the draft for the Steelers but I would assume it did in some shape and form.

3. I really don't know where Rudolph goes or what he does but I hope wherever that is he gets a fair shot. Whether that leads him to be a career backup or a future pro bowler I really don't know. I just hope he gets a fair shake and an opportunity to compete.

The kind of games that got Mitch benched are the kind of games we call good for Pickett.
Nope, Mitch never consistently kept the ball and moved the chains Kenny has. Look at the difference in time of possession and first downs. I agree with you to an extent on Mason but not when you try to compare his first starts to Kenny's, he was not a rookie. I am one of the biggest Mason defenders on here but to I am fine with Kenny starting and the progress he is showing even if it costs us games this year. Mason is damaged goods here thanks to the fans and their terrible treatment of the guy, undeservedly.

1. Obviously, they weren't going into 2022 with one QB. They had just signed Haskins to a future/reserve contract when Rudolph signed his extension. Also, Dobbs was on the roster the previous year and had just been signed for the upcoming season. There's a difference with competing for a job and being handed the job. Pickett was handed the job. It is not his fault the Steelers drafted him in the first round. Hell, they drafted a Pitt Panther in the first round. Then Rudolph proceeded to be the best QB in camp and preseason. How was he rewarded? Third string QB. It wasn't an open competition. It is what it is. Life isn't fair. People get special treatment. But when you deny or even can't see it that just makes you look foolish.

2. Again, he likely didn't think he would compete against the hometown hero in Pickett. I believe he thought, and probably Rudolph as well, as it was going to be a three-man competition with Rudolph, Haskins, and himself. Now Haskins tragically dying a few weeks before the draft could have altered the Steelers draft plans, I get it. But drafting Pickett in the first really set the ball in motion. Now I don't know how much Haskins death changed the draft for the Steelers but I would assume it did in some shape and form.

3. I really don't know where Rudolph goes or what he does but I hope wherever that is he gets a fair shot. Whether that leads him to be a career backup or a future pro bowler I really don't know. I just hope he gets a fair shake and an opportunity to compete.

All of this is fair.

Nope, Mitch never consistently kept the ball and moved the chains Kenny has. Look at the difference in time of possession and first downs. I agree with you to an extent on Mason but not when you try to compare his first starts to Kenny's, he was not a rookie. I am one of the biggest Mason defenders on here but to I am fine with Kenny starting and the progress he is showing even if it costs us games this year. Mason is damaged goods here thanks to the fans and their terrible treatment of the guy, undeservedly.
Such rose colored glasses. Do you really think it is KP or just perhaps Najee and the running game stepped it up the last few weeks?

1. Refresh my memory, what string were the guys Rudolph was competing against? I seem to remember Mitch getting a majority of the 1st string snaps in the preseason games. As far as camp, I wasn't there. However, I don't see Tomlin risking a winning season if he thought Rudolph was the guy to take them there. IF Rudolph was the best option in the coaches' eyes, he would have been the starter. More likely, they knew what they had in Rudolph and weren't impressed.

2. Oh, Mitch knew that Kenny would be the guy at 1:20 if he was available.
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...eelers-nfl-espn-mitch-trubisky-kenny-pickett/
And if Mitch knew, you just have to realize that Mason knew too.

3. I don't think Haskins passing had any effect on the draft plans. If you remember, Colbert was criss crossing the country last Fall scouting the top QBs entering the draft in 2022. More likely they were hell bent on taking a QB and Haskins and Rudolph would have been battling it out for a roster spot.