• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

Oh please. Men are not victims. Speaking in generalities men earn more, carry far less of the household burden even when both work full time, and are far less often victims of abuse, poverty and violence.

None of that is true - not one part.

Earnings: Raw earnings data do not control for factors that significantly impact a worker’s pay including the number of hours worked, education, job title, industry, job skills, and specialization. When controlling for those factors, the pay gap shrinks to a few cents. Further, the pay gap is largely non-existent for young women but grows over time due to women’s choices about family. There’s almost no pay gap for single childless women, but the wage gap begins to increase around age 25, likely due to choices about family roles. The "pay gap" is due to the fact that men work more hours than women and are more likely to work full-time than women. Full-time men work 8.4 hours per day on average compared to 7.8 hours for women. Additionally, 75% of men work full-time compared to just 65% of women. Further, since 2015, more women have graduated college than men. In 2021, 39.1% of women age 25 and older have a college degree, compared to just 36.5% of men. You knew that because of the slew of stories about males being left behind in upper education, right? Yeah, right.

Household Burden: This assumes that earning a living is not a "household burden." I don't know about you, but the money I earn supports my family. I have always worked a LOT more hours than my wife - probably twice the number of hours. So for household chores, you are right for most examples but also ignore the fact that the time I spend working is not "free time." I am not bowling or watching a ball game.

Abuse, Poverty, Violence: You are as wrong as any person can possibly be. I am not surprised since frankly, the common mantra is that women are more likely to be subject to violence but the facts are 100% the opposite. Men are VASTLY more likely to be the victim of violence and abuse and it is not close. Men are more likely to be the victims of assault, battery, stabbing, gunshot wounds and murder. Oh, and guess who is raped more frequently - males or females. Go ahead, guess. (Spoiler alert - it's males, considering rape in jails.) "But, but, but ... we should not count jail raping!" Okay, sure. Why? And do I get to discount a category of female rape? As to poverty, 10.5% of males live in poverty compared to 12.5% of women. Want to know the reason for that? Single parent families. The greatest predictor of poverty is having children out of wedlock.

Life Expectancy: Women have a life expectancy in the United States of 79.1 years, males 73.2 years - a 6-year difference. Are you really going to tell me that a 6-year difference in life expectancy would be basically ignored if the genders were reversed??

So this thread is going to wind up in the political forum where it probably belongs, but I am sooooo tired of the false narrative about how bad life is for women and compared to men - except for the men dying younger, being the victims of violence more often, graduating college less frequently, and being more likely to be raped or murdered. Other than that, I mean.

I find this whole thing absurd. He didn't say a damn thing wrong when you listen or read to what he actually said. I promise the majority with their panties in a bunch about him never got past a freaking headline or tweet telling them what to think.

I also have no issue whatsoever with the NFL's statement either that is being portrayed as something it wasn't.
They clearly distanced themselves from it and said they supported inclusiveness.
It is all just a bunch of ******* busybodies who want to get upset at something on either side when there is nothing for either side to get worked up about.

Can we stop being such overly sensitive idiots?
While I agree that petitioning for him to be suspended from the league is ridiculous, what he said was clearly sexist.

Earnings: Raw earnings data do not control for factors that significantly impact a worker’s pay including the number of hours worked, education, job title, industry, job skills, and specialization. When controlling for those factors, the pay gap shrinks to a few cents. Further, the pay gap is largely non-existent for young women but grows over time due to women’s choices about family. There’s almost no pay gap for single childless women, but the wage gap begins to increase around age 25, likely due to choices about family roles. The "pay gap" is due to the fact that men work more hours than women and are more likely to work full-time than women. Full-time men work 8.4 hours per day on average compared to 7.8 hours for women. Additionally, 75% of men work full-time compared to just 65% of women. Further, since 2015, more women have graduated college than men. In 2021, 39.1% of women age 25 and older have a college degree, compared to just 36.5% of men. You knew that because of the slew of stories about males being left behind in upper education, right? Yeah, right.

Household Burden: This assumes that earning a living is not a "household burden." I don't know about you, but the money I earn supports my family. I have always worked a LOT more hours than my wife - probably twice the number of hours. So for household chores, you are right for most examples but also ignore the fact that the time I spend working is not "free time." I am not bowling or watching a ball game.

Abuse, Poverty, Violence: You are as wrong as any person can possibly be. I am not surprised since frankly, the common mantra is that women are more likely to be subject to violence but the facts are 100% the opposite. Men are VASTLY more likely to be the victim of violence and abuse and it is not close. Men are more likely to be the victims of assault, battery, stabbing, gunshot wounds and murder. Oh, and guess who is raped more frequently - males or females. Go ahead, guess. (Spoiler alert - it's males, considering rape in jails.) "But, but, but ... we should not count jail raping!" Okay, sure. Why? And do I get to discount a category of female rape? As to poverty, 10.5% of males live in poverty compared to 12.5% of women. Want to know the reason for that? Single parent families. The greatest predictor of poverty is having children out of wedlock.

Life Expectancy: Women have a life expectancy in the United States of 79.1 years, males 73.2 years - a 6-year difference. Are you really going to tell me that a 6-year difference in life expectancy would be basically ignored if the genders were reversed??

So this thread is going to wind up in the political forum where it probably belongs, but I am sooooo tired of the false narrative about how bad life is for women and compared to men - except for the men dying younger, being the victims of violence more often, graduating college less frequently, and being more likely to be raped or murdered. Other than that, I mean.
😂 you’re officially unhinged!

Butker said nothing wrong. He was merely pointing out that being a wife and mother will likely be the most rewarding part of any woman's life. A career is supposed to support your lifestyle, a means to an end, but 3rd wave feminism has made career the end itself.

Social media is now filled with many videos of women nearing 40, with no husband or children and are miserable. They regret that they went for career only and shoved family aside. Feminists pretty much call a woman a traitor if she exits the workforce to become a mother.

Bill Maher of all people seemed to get it.

No you idiot, I was explaining why Butker isn’t getting “canceled” and what it would take for that to happen. READ.
I see your true colors are coming out. You make ridiculous comparisons and then get upset when you get called out. Rather than accept that people don’t agree with you, you resort to name calling. I wouldn’t expect anything else.

Last edited:
That’s not what Butker said. He specifically addressed the women at the commencement.

Nobody is doing that. They’re condemning Butker for suggesting to hundreds of women who just spent four years and a lot of money getting a degree that their primary purpose is to become a wife and mother.
That is YOUR interpretation of a single headline you read.

So women earn less...because they're doing all the child bearing and most of the child raising. I didn't say why they earn less, I just said they do. I mean sure we could all collectively decide not to have any kids and maybe things would even out, at the cost of the species, but what the hey. Well golly gee sorry we finally caught up to you in college degrees...you poor babies only got most of the last couple centuries to be ahead in that department. Maybe y'all ought to study harder.
Again, even when both parents work full time, surveys show that women do the majority of childcare and housework. Of course if one parent does not work outside the home they'd be expected to do a lot more of it than the other. I don't dispute that.
I should have specified domestic violence and abuse...men are probably more often victims of violence in general, at the hands of...men. Men are more likely to join gangs, commit crimes...this will of course expose them to greater risks of violence themselves. I don't know where you're getting your rape statistics, statistics I am looking at say 90% of rape victims are women.
Who says it's being ignored? It is studied, there are a multitude of reasons men die younger, including many behavioral ones and reluctance to seek medical care among others.
I haven't said life is bad for women. I simply said men are not victims. Men still have significant advantages in numerous ways...not insignificantly the ability to have children without any physical or career effects, and have someone who will do the majority of the childcare for you (in general, of course there are exceptions). There are complex reasons for all of this of course but they aren't in general an overwhelmingly persecuted bunch. And the majority of bad things that happen to men are at the hands of...men. I'm not a man-hater, my husband is great. He does more than his fair share and never whines about his masculinity being robbed, feeling persecuted or useless. I'm certainly not a victim. But neither is he.

So women earn less...because they're doing all the child bearing and most of the child raising. I didn't say why they earn less, I just said they do.

But they don't. They earn basically the same since men work about 6% more on average than women. I cited the data.

I mean sure we could all collectively decide not to have any kids and maybe things would even out, at the cost of the species, but what the hey. Well golly gee sorry we finally caught up to you in college degrees...you poor babies only got most of the last couple centuries to be ahead in that department. Maybe y'all ought to study harder.

Not even sure what your point is here.

Again, even when both parents work full time, surveys show that women do the majority of childcare and housework. Of course if one parent does not work outside the home they'd be expected to do a lot more of it than the other. I don't dispute that.

No, my point is that on average, when a family has children, the woman spends more time rearing the kids, while the husband works more. The "more housework" argument seems to treat more time at work like hanging out at the bar.

I should have specified domestic violence and abuse...men are probably more often victims of violence in general, at the hands of...men. Men are more likely to join gangs, commit crimes...this will of course expose them to greater risks of violence themselves. I don't know where you're getting your rape statistics, statistics I am looking at say 90% of rape victims are women.

You are just wrong about the incidence of rape.

The True Statistics About Sexual Assault

Who says it's being ignored? It is studied, there are a multitude of reasons men die younger, including many behavioral ones and reluctance to seek medical care among others.

And working much more dangerous jobs (iron workers, logging, oil derrick workers, cops, military) and perishing earlier as a result.

I haven't said life is bad for women. I simply said men are not victims. Men still have significant advantages in numerous ways...not insignificantly the ability to have children without any physical or career effects, and have someone who will do the majority of the childcare for you (in general, of course there are exceptions). There are complex reasons for all of this of course but they aren't in general an overwhelmingly persecuted bunch.

You obviously never lived with a woman ...

And the majority of bad things that happen to men are at the hands of...men. I'm not a man-hater, my husband is great. He does more than his fair share and never whines about his masculinity being robbed, feeling persecuted or useless. I'm certainly not a victim. But neither is he.

Then why all the groundless whining?

You are incorrect. He specifically told men that they needed to fulfill their obligations as fathers, and to put their families ahead of everything but God. He also said that the current narrative about how useless men are is evil and must be ignored.
And I agree but I think you may have missed my point, or I wasn't clear... By designating different obligations between the father and mother, he is assigning gender roles.....in the mind of a libtard, that's a big no-no.

construct2.jpg

But they don't. They earn basically the same since men work about 6% more on average than women. I cited the data.

No, my point is that on average, when a family has children, the woman spends more time rearing the kids, while the husband works more. The "more housework" argument seems to treat more time at work like hanging out at the bar.

And working much more dangerous jobs (iron workers, logging, oil derrick workers, cops, military) and perishing earlier as a result.

Who’s whining? I said men are not victims. How is that whining?

Yes, women work less and therefore earn less, largely because they bear more of the burden of childbirth, childcare and housework. We agree on this.
My point is that men who want to have a family by and large have an advantage over women who want a family because men can't get pregnant, have c-sections, breastfeed, and also leave the majority of the childcare to women. In terms of college men had outnumbered women in college degrees for decades now you're going to say men are victims because women slightly surpassed them in the last 10 years? How many women CEOs vs. male ones are there? The historic advantages in college degrees are still showing up in the workforce.
The average married man has more leisure time overall than the average married woman. Again, these are averages, there are exceptions. https://www.pewresearch.org/short-r...ives-do-especially-among-those-with-children/

Link isn't working for me
Yes, that is one of the factors.
What does that mean?
Not whining. Just saying men, in general, are not victims. Let's say, I do not consider them a victim class. Certainly there are exceptions.

It's a weird thing to say IMO. If I was a man and my wife "dreamed of having a career" I would support her in that dream. She could be a wife and mother and have a career, especially married to a guy who makes millions every year and not having to worry about childcare expenses. People do it all the time.
Just maybe after getting married, she realized that a career outside of the house was not as important. When you have the ability to live on only one salary, it does influence your decisions. She got a degree to give herself options, money gave her more options at a younger age.

Just maybe after getting married, she realized that a career outside of the house was not as important. When you have the ability to live on only one salary, it does influence your decisions. She got a degree to give herself options, money gave her more options at a younger age.
That's highly possible, and if that's how she feels great. It's a weird way to phrase it to say that her dream of having a career didn't come true. As if there was no possible way they could make that happen.

And I agree but I think you may have missed my point, or I wasn't clear... By designating different obligations between the father and mother, he is assigning gender roles.....in the mind of a libtard, that's a big no-no.

View attachment 12592
Do you have daughters? Do you think it should be assumed that they should be most excited about being a homemaker as a 21 year old college graduate? I don't think it's "libtard" thinking to disagree with that idea.

And I say that as a (mostly) homemaker by the way. My daughters have brilliant minds and aspirations. I don't think it's libtarded for me to want more for them than just being a support system for a man. And I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong if that's what they really wanted to do. But there certainly isn't anything wrong if they are currently more excited for something outside of that.

A difference of opinion is acceptable.....or used to be..

But here we go again....There is a petition to gather 200,000 signatures (not sure why that number?), for the NFL and/or CHiefs to suspend or cancel him all together...
That's crazy.
Will never happen. They'd be sued to oblivion.

Traditionally men entering adulthood have only one road available to take...learn a trade or profession and get a job.

Traditionally women entering adulthood have had choices... 1. maybe she'll choose to get an education and a job, put marriage and kids on hold. 2. or maybe she'll decide to get an education just to have that degree, while choosing to stay at home and be a homemaker, 3. or maybe she'll choose to take on the role of a homemaker when the kids are young and pursue a career later, 4. or she may choose not to pursue an education at all and just be a homemaker, 5. or maybe if she's hot enough she'll choose to become a gold digger and marry some rich 70 year old man anxiously awaiting the day he dies in order to inherit his riches.
Must be nice.
I don't fault any man for wanting to transition. LOL

My daughter, a West Point grad with a degree in physics chose #3

Last edited:
Do you have daughters? Do you think it should be assumed that they should be most excited about being a homemaker as a 21 year old college graduate? I don't think it's "libtard" thinking to disagree with that idea.

And I say that as a (mostly) homemaker by the way. My daughters have brilliant minds and aspirations. I don't think it's libtarded for me to want more for them than just being a support system for a man. And I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong if that's what they really wanted to do. But there certainly isn't anything wrong if they are currently more excited for something outside of that.
As a matter of fact I do have a daughter...see the post above ^^^

He and his wife have entirely life experiences, then what my children have had. My daughters both have careers and are not thinking of being a homemaker AT THIS TIME. My son is almost 31 and just within the last year has a serious girlfriend. I know for a fact she doesn’t intend to be a SAHM. The daughters are both single and not looking to change that status at this time.

We all had a discussion about this just this weekend. All three had zero problems with HIS beliefs, though were quick to say they didn’t agree with them. I couldn’t be prouder of the way they have turned out.

Traditionally men entering adulthood have only one road available to take...learn a trade or profession and get a job.

Traditionally women entering adulthood have had choices... 1. maybe she'll choose to get an education and a job, 2. or maybe she'll decide to get an education just to have that degree, while choosing to stay at home and be a homemaker, 3. or maybe she'll choose to take on the role of a homemaker when the kids are young and enter and pursue a career later, 4. or she may choose not to pursue an education at all and just be a homemaker, 5. or maybe if she's hot enough she'll choose to become a gold digger and marry some rich 70 year old man anxiously awaiting the day he dies in order to inherit his riches.
Must be nice.
I don't fault any man for wanting to transition. LOL

My daughter, a West Point grad with a degree in physics chose #3
I don’t think all women can just pick and choose from all of those options. Life would be nice if it worked that way. Not everyone can support the family on one income. Not every woman has a husband who sticks around forever. Not everyone is hot, lol.
Glad your daughter did what worked for her.

Turning off tge NFL isnt a real protest method unless you are tracked
No, but tracking what is advertised during the games and organizing a national boycott of those products could be a tremendous protest.

But, as Sarge has pointed out MANY times, we are WAY to "American" to get off our ***** and do that.

He and his wife have entirely life experiences, then what my children have had. My daughters both have careers and are not thinking of being a homemaker AT THIS TIME. My son is almost 31 and just within the last year has a serious girlfriend. I know for a fact she doesn’t intend to be a SAHM. The daughters are both single and not looking to change that status at this time.

We all had a discussion about this just this weekend. All three had zero problems with HIS beliefs, though were quick to say they didn’t agree with them. I couldn’t be prouder of the way they have turned out.
How are they at making sandwiches? 😆

One question. Does the money he makes with the Steelers cut into the money he makes from the Donkeys? If not then what someone else pays him is irrelevant. If there was a market for his services someone could have paid him 20 million. But none of that matters. He isnt doing this out of the good of his heart or because he wants to be a Steelers player with a burning desire. They were a playoff team and the perception was there qb play was ***. He is trying to rehab himself as the upper echelon qb that the donkeys sold the farm for.
Not sure why you're asking a question which I've already answered in the very post you quoted.
Wilson is getting 39 million dollars this year, period. Denver is paying the difference between that figure and the 1.21 million he's being paid by the Steelers.

I will say, my daughter graduated with highest honors as a math major from Georgia Tech and is a data scientist. She was a Butker fan before this. One, she surely would have been disappointed to hear someone basically say "Ladies, you should be more excited about being a homemaker than having a career" at her commencement address.
No, he said "For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you. How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world."
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Butker clearly wasn't speaking to/about your daughter (the data scientist and math major from Georgia Tech), was he? Unless she happened to be present there in the audience at Benedictine College that day?

I don’t think all women can just pick and choose from all of those options. Life would be nice if it worked that way. Not everyone can support the family on one income. Not every woman has a husband who sticks around forever. Not everyone is hot, lol.
Glad your daughter did what worked for her.
You're right about that, there are a lot of exceptions. My daughter happened to marry into a fairly well-to-do family that own a real estate developing company near San Fransisco, Ca.
She doesn't have to work. They don't have the burden of watching every penny which takes a lot of pressure off being a stay-at-home mom.