• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

how do you know?
FFS. The quote has been widely publicized in print and video. You and his other defenders are claiming he was taken out of context. How? And why isn’t Butker claiming that?

Another alternative reality.

Is Butker claiming he was taken out of context? Yes or No?
so you're the lemming who just goes on with the crowd, instead of seeing for yourownfatfuckingself what precisely was said. and then how you interpret it, forming an opinion yourownfatfuckingdeaddogdraggingself and then presenting it.

understood. lemming.

FFS. The quote has been widely publicized in print and video. You and his other defenders are claiming he was taken out of context. How? And why isn’t Butker claiming that?

Another alternative reality.
so you're the lemming who just goes on with the crowd, instead of seeing for yourownfatfuckingself what precisely was said. and then how you interpret it, forming an opinion yourownfatfuckingdeaddogdraggingself and then presenting it.

understood. lemming.

That’s not what Butker said. He specifically addressed the women at the commencement.

Nobody is doing that. They’re condemning Butker for suggesting to hundreds of women who just spent four years and a lot of money getting a degree that their primary purpose is to become a wife and mother.
Yawn

I believe most of it, and we lived it for a long time. Sorry, but a lot of people really think this way, despite what Whoopie wants you to think.

And, it's not controversial. It just goes against the lefties, so they whine "controversy" but think drag queens reading to kids in schools is cool. Can't stand that nonsense. Sorry.

I don't agree with any of this sick twist crap either. The home maker part is what really rubbed me the wrong way. I am 55 years old and was raised in a Christian home btw. And my wife has been a "home maker" our entire marriage too. It just happened that way out of necessity, and I wasn't expecting her to be barefoot and pregnant when we got married.

This guy here made it come off as that when he said it.

understood. lemming.
Answer the question. If Butker isn’t claiming he was taken out of context, why are you?

understood. lemming.
I know what was precisely said, you’re claiming that other things were said that put his well publicized quote in a different context. Butker isn’t even claiming that. You’re making up your own reality… again.

I don't agree with any of this sick twist crap either. The home maker part is what really rubbed me the wrong way. I am 55 years old and was raised in a Christian home btw. And my wife has been a "home maker" our entire marriage too. It just happened that way out of necessity, and I wasn't expecting her to be barefoot and pregnant when we got married.
This is why this conversation is so stupid. Listening or reading the entire address, Butker did say being a home maker is a noble profession, one that his wife chose with no regrets, their opinion. That's it, he didn't say you must stay home and in the kitchen, but offered an alternative that works for him and his wife.

But no, the everything offends me crowd must attempt to stifle his opinion. He wasn't addressing this:

CMMiTt.jpg

I know what was precisely said, you’re claiming that other things were said that put his well publicized quote in a different context. Butker isn’t even claiming that. You’re making up your own reality… again.
Answer the question. If Butker isn’t claiming he was taken out of context, why are you?

understood. lemming.

understood. lemming.

I’m picking up what you’re laying down……………

Salute the nation

And they spend 10x that many hours not in school.

Right. Sleep consumes the vast majority of that. Then, if kids are in activities after school (band, sports, clubs), subtract even more.

Both of my sons were HS athletes. They would be home for 30 minutes awake in the morning before leaving for school. Then 8 hours in school. Then typically 3 more hours after school in practice, lifting, traveling to and competing in games. Many days (especially game days), they would be gone from 7AM until 8PM, but most days gone from 7AM until 6:30 or 7.

During the school year, gone for 12 hours, awake at home 3-4 hours.

The impact was less in elementary and middle school, but regardless - the impactful "awake" hours are massively influenced by their in-school time.

Oh we differ. You are so obsessed and disgusted with the sexuality of others that you started a Transgender thread on the P&R.

I have no problem with how people want to live their lives. I have no problem with homosexuality - have several gay members in my extended family. To each his own.

I have a problem when the tail wags the dog. When the majority have their lives impacted by policies driven to appease the uber minorities. Then I take issue.

And that is what that thread is about. Calling out how trans policies ruin/impact/damage others' lives.

Where have I ever been critical of Judaism? You’re making **** up again.

You follow the AltLeft playbook point by point. Love Islam, hate Christianity - and now the new part of the playbook - to hate Judaism.

I remember a time when we could discuss football and make fun of dumbass posts or rhetoric and it not get into politics. Can we all call a truce and get back to the conversation at hand? Someone be the bigger man and drop it, please?

moving this to the Political forum.

Right. Sleep consumes the vast majority of that. Then, if kids are in activities after school (band, sports, clubs), subtract even more.

Both of my sons were HS athletes. They would be home for 30 minutes awake in the morning before leaving for school. Then 8 hours in school. Then typically 3 more hours after school in practice, lifting, traveling to and competing in games. Many days (especially game days), they would be gone from 7AM until 8PM, but most days gone from 7AM until 6:30 or 7.

During the school year, gone for 12 hours, awake at home 3-4 hours.

The impact was less in elementary and middle school, but regardless - the impactful "awake" hours are massively influenced by their in-school time.
My kids played sports as well. They had teachers and coaches they liked and others they didn’t like, but none I would say had a huge influence on them, positive or negative. My son’s 2nd grade teacher was a nut. We met with the administration about her and they pretty much agreed with our concerns but I don’t think he was negatively influenced by her long term. He saw her for what she was and moved on.
You follow the AltLeft playbook point by point. Love Islam, hate Christianity - and now the new part of the playbook - to hate Judaism.
I neither love Islam or hate Christianity or Judaism. I’m on the board of a Christian based charity and have been to a few bar mitzvahs. It wasn’t the AltLeft marching in Charlottesville chanting “The Jews will not replace us” now was it?

But that's the thing, his speech excluded men. Had he mentioned the homemaker as being a noble profession for either the man or woman, I don't think this would even be a story. But don't get me wrong, I have no issues with what he said.

You are incorrect. He specifically told men that they needed to fulfill their obligations as fathers, and to put their families ahead of everything but God. He also said that the current narrative about how useless men are is evil and must be ignored.

I remember a time when we could discuss football and make fun of dumbass posts or rhetoric and it not get into politics. Can we all call a truce and get back to the conversation at hand? Someone be the bigger man and drop it, please?
Can we bring back boobies?!?

This guy here made it come off as that when he said it.

So why don't you quote exactly what he said that was remotely close to what you are suggesting.

HINT: He didn't say what you are claiming.

I find this whole thing absurd. He didn't say a damn thing wrong when you listen or read to what he actually said. I promise the majority with their panties in a bunch about him never got past a freaking headline or tweet telling them what to think.

I also have no issue whatsoever with the NFL's statement either that is being portrayed as something it wasn't.

It is all just a bunch of ******* busybodies who want to get upset at something on either side when there is nothing for either side to get worked up about.

Can we stop being such overly sensitive idiots?

I still love watching the Steelers, win or lose. Haven't bought merch in a long time, mostly because there is little team loyalty to players anymore so you never know how long someone's gonna be around to buy a jersey or numbered t-shirt anymore. Plus that stuff is mostly way overpriced garbage, nothing quality anymore.

As far as Butker goes, I doubt they will do anything to him because that would be unconstitutional discrimination on the basis of religion. He would get millions.

I will say, my daughter graduated with highest honors as a math major from Georgia Tech and is a data scientist. She was a Butker fan before this. One, she surely would have been disappointed to hear someone basically say "Ladies, you should be more excited about being a homemaker than having a career" at her commencement address. First of all these are 21 year olds who have worked their butts off to succeed have a career. Of course she wants to get married and have kids one day, but this was probably not the right time to be saying homemaking is more important/their proper role/they should be more excited about it. And why is this addressed to just the ladies who are told to support their man and his career? Maybe the gentlemen could have been included in "Being a husband and father are the most important things" and "Support your wives in their careers" too? No, they were just told to puff out their chests and be more masculine. If you still believe in those ultra male/female traditional roles (and I was a SAHM most of my kids' lives only partially by choice) that's your right but it comes across as very sexist to me.

Second, all of my three young adult children have gay and trans friends. My niece is married to a woman and they are a beautiful couple raising an adorable baby. It's just how it is these days. Butker is entitled to his opinion. My personal opinion is what adults want to do with their lives is none of my business, just stop indoctrinating kids in schools with it. But the NFL knows that its fan base is aging and the next generation isn't going to go for "LGBTQ is a deadly sin". They are rolling with the times. I don't love everything about the whole cultural shift but it is what it is.

Last edited:
This is why this conversation is so stupid. Listening or reading the entire address, Butker did say being a home maker is a noble profession, one that his wife chose with no regrets, their opinion. That's it, he didn't say you must stay home and in the kitchen, but offered an alternative that works for him and his wife.

But no, the everything offends me crowd must attempt to stifle his opinion. He wasn't addressing this:

View attachment 12589

No, he said "For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you. How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world."

What are the "diabolical lies?" That having a career could be fulfilling? And of course on their graduation day at 21 years old after 4 years of college "most" will be most excited about being a wife and mother?"

"all of my success is made possible because a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all: homemaker."

What? A guy can't be successful without his wife embracing being a homemaker? His own mother is a renowned medical physicist. How did his dad ever succeed?

He was talking to a group graduating from a Catholic University. People act like he was giving a campaign speech to the whole world.
I went through 12 years of Catholic school and never was I taught that we should all embrace being a homemaker.