• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

ah, i see we are splitting hairs now.
it can be said by many that their life didnt begin until after something happened to change their perspective/goals in life. For me, that happened after my daughter was born. I guess to you, and since Flog will jump in as soon as ze empties the trash bins, i was dormant and lifeless until then.

was your life better before or after your children were born? or different?
He didn't say her life was better or different. Talk about putting words in his mouth. He said her life didn't begin.

I have loved my life as a wife and mother. But I was a complete human being with a life before that.

He didn't say her life was better or different. Talk about putting words in his mouth. He said her life didn't begin.

I have loved my life as a wife and mother. But I was a complete human being with a life before that.

I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say that her life truly started when she began living her vocation as a wife and as a mother.
1716301062142.png

I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say that her life truly started when she began living her vocation as a wife and as a mother.
View attachment 12594
Again, why was all of this addressed just to the ladies? Why didn't Harrison say his life didn't begin til he became a husband and father? I guess his "vocation" is to kick footballs.

He gets to be a husband and father without giving up his dream of having a career. How nice for him!

Again, why was all of this addressed just to the ladies? Why didn't Harrison say his life didn't begin til he became a husband and father? I guess his "vocation" is to kick footballs.

He gets to be a husband and father without giving up his dream of having a career. How nice for him!
would you prefer he said this to the women and what he said to the women to the men?

To the gentleman here today, part of what plagues our society is this lie that has been told to you that men are not necessary in the home or in our communities. As men, we set the tone of the culture. And when that is absent disorder, dysfunction and chaos set in this absence of men in the home is what plays a large role in the violence we see all around the nation. Other countries do not have nearly the same absentee father rates as we find here in the US. And a correlation can be made in their drastically lower violence rates as well. Be unapologetic in your masculinity. Fight against the cultural emasculation of men. Do hard things. Never settle for what is easy. You might have a talent that you don’t necessarily enjoy. But if it glorifies God, maybe you should lean into that over something that you might think suits you better. I speak from experience as an introvert who now finds myself as an amateur public speaker, and an entrepreneur, something I never thought I’d be when I received my industrial engineering degree.

right now, his "vocation" or "career" is kicking footballs.
or maybe by kicking footballs and using that platform to speak of his religion and family values, THAT is his vocation.

nah. he's a horrible example of how to live. he should be mutilating babies in the womb and deserting those he brought into this world when not drunk driving on interstates or beating women. The life St George of Fentanyl led is one we should all hold true.

Its hopeless oftb. The conservative, right leaning, or far righters take it one way.....The liberal, left leaning far lefters take it the other, and the people like you and I who are in the middle can't reason with either of them.

I am still watching Steelers football this fall, even if Harrison is a male chauvinist pig kicking footballs for the Chiefs.....:D

I might even tell the wife to make me a sammich so the conservatives are happy! :ROFLMAO:

I see your true colors are coming out. You make ridiculous comparisons and then get upset when you get called out. Rather than accept that people don’t agree with you, you resort to name calling. I wouldn’t expect anything else.
Google the difference between comparing and contrasting and then reconsider which one I was doing.

right now, his "vocation" or "career" is kicking footballs.
or maybe by kicking footballs and using that platform to speak of his religion and family values, THAT is his vocation.

nah. he's a horrible example of how to live. he should be mutilating babies in the womb and deserting those he brought into this world when not drunk driving on interstates or beating women. The life St George of Fentanyl led is one we should all hold true.
I never said he is a horrible example of how to live. He's a bit sexist is all.

No I don't think so, unhinged would be the reactions of liberals over the comments of Butker.
Yes, the ones petitioning for his suspension or expulsion from the league are unhinged.

Equally unhinged are people trying to defend Butker by saying he didn’t say what he said even though Butker isn’t even claiming that.

Only another 838 pages to catch the "vaccine" thread.
well, toolboy just pulled his dead dog into the thread, so ... here we go

so you were with your wife's offspring for 24 hours per day, and were the only influence they had. no characters on tv, no sports figures, no aunts, no uncles, no grandparents, no neighbors, none of their friends... just you. you were their sole inspiration.

did they assist in dragging the dead dogs, or was their role to fetch Little Debbies between rounds of Price Is Right for your fatass?
Just because you failed in marriage and in maintaining a two parent household doesn’t mean you should be envious of those who succeeded in doing so.

would you prefer he said this to the women and what he said to the women to the men?

To the gentleman here today, part of what plagues our society is this lie that has been told to you that men are not necessary in the home or in our communities. As men, we set the tone of the culture. And when that is absent disorder, dysfunction and chaos set in this absence of men in the home is what plays a large role in the violence we see all around the nation. Other countries do not have nearly the same absentee father rates as we find here in the US. And a correlation can be made in their drastically lower violence rates as well. Be unapologetic in your masculinity. Fight against the cultural emasculation of men. Do hard things. Never settle for what is easy. You might have a talent that you don’t necessarily enjoy. But if it glorifies God, maybe you should lean into that over something that you might think suits you better. I speak from experience as an introvert who now finds myself as an amateur public speaker, and an entrepreneur, something I never thought I’d be when I received my industrial engineering degree.
"As men we set the tone of the culture" Huh? Ya know we are half the population, right? Why do men set the tone of the culture?

I would prefer he did not assume young men and women into archaic gender roles.
Men: Don't abandon your family, do hard things. Don't let people emasculate you.

Women: Life doesn't begin til you are married and have kids. Homemaker is one of your most important roles. I couldn't get where I am without my wife abandoning her dreams to support mine.

I would have preferred he said to all of them, men and women...one day your most important role MAY be as mothers and fathers. Some of you (men and women) may be most excited about marriage and kids. Some of you may have successful careers, some of you may have the vocation to be stay at home parents. Women, support your husbands in their dreams. Men, support your wives in theirs.

Just because you failed in marriage and in maintaining a two parent household doesn’t mean you should be envious of those who succeeded in doing so.
oh, don't get the dildo twisted, cumbreath. I have zero envy of you or anyone else.

Its hopeless oftb. The conservative, right leaning, or far righters take it one way.....The liberal, left leaning far lefters take it the other, and the people like you and I who are in the middle can't reason with either of them.

I am still watching Steelers football this fall, even if Harrison is a male chauvinist pig kicking footballs for the Chiefs.....:D

I might even tell the wife to make me a sammich so the conservatives are happy! :ROFLMAO:
If I stopped watching everyone I disagreed with I'd never watch anything :) And my husband works from home so you can frequently find me making him a sandwich.

I would prefer he did not assume young men and women into archaic gender roles.
Men: Don't abandon your family, do hard things. Don't let people emasculate you.
Archaic gender roles?

I'm all for women being equal to men in every way and have the right to decide their own life destiny. But this progressive thought focused on "archaic gender roles" is backing men and women with traditional values into a corner of shame and ridicule. I believe Butker was trying to tell people with traditional values that it's okay to have them and to practice them. Don't let progressive thought on the matter steer you away from who you are.

And wouldn't you know it, he's trying to be silenced for speaking up and supporting those pesky archaic gender roles.

Now, if he had said "A woman's duty is to make her man a sandwich and bring him a beer when he tells her to" progressives would have a legitimate beef with the man. but since he isn't going along with the "you need to have a career, woman" crowd, as if staying at home would set women back collectively to 1955, he must be canceled.

And don't get me started on the attack on masculinity.

Archaic gender roles?

I'm all for women being equal to men in every way and have the right to decide their own life destiny. But this progressive thought focused on "archaic gender roles" is backing men and women with traditional values into a corner of shame and ridicule. I believe Butker was trying to tell people with traditional values that it's okay to have them and to practice them. Don't let progressive thought on the matter steer you away from who you are.

And wouldn't you know it, he's trying to be silenced for speaking up and supporting those pesky archaic gender roles.

Now, if he had said "A woman's duty is to make her man a sandwich and bring him a beer when he tells her to" progressives would have a legitimate beef with the man. but since he isn't going along with the "you need to have a career, woman" crowd, as if staying at home would set women back collectively to 1955, he must be canceled.

And don't get me started on the attack on masculinity.
As I've said over and over again, there is nothing wrong with people who choose to live by traditional gender roles. To assume everyone wants to is sexist. Every woman isn't excited about being a homemaker. I don't want to speak for men but I can only assume every man isn't excited about being a sole breadwinner.

As I've said over and over again, there is nothing wrong with people who choose to live by traditional gender roles. To assume everyone wants to is sexist. Every woman isn't excited about being a homemaker. I don't want to speak for men but I can only assume every man isn't excited about being a sole breadwinner.
I heard you and understand what you're saying. It's the use of language towards those who hold the traditional values that I was underscoring. labeling and somewhat demonizing them as if they are doing something wrong is causing some pushback, hence Mr. Butker's speech.

Speaking from experience, I love that my wife was a stay at home Mom for our kids...but they gone. I do not like being the sole bread winner, but it is what it is.

My daughter loves the housewife role. Believe it or not, I clean house and wash dishes too...and will even go as far as ironing my own shirt!To each his own. If a couple choses to take on designated roles, then fine. If not, then fine. There's no right and wrong so what's the big deal? (among normal people that is, it's a big deal to liberals)

but none I would say had a huge influence on them, positive or negative.

Your kids may be the first humans to never be heavily influenced by teachers or coaches. That they are FlogSpawn is no surprise.

I neither love Islam or hate Christianity or Judaism. I’m on the board of a Christian based charity and have been to a few bar mitzvahs.

This is like saying "I have a black friend so I'm not racist."

It wasn’t the AltLeft marching in Charlottesville chanting “The Jews will not replace us” now was it?

You do realize that Charlottesville was a blip, a microcosm, a nit on the nut of a gnat - in comparison to the AltLeft anti-semitic movement happening across the entire country right now?

This may be the best false equivalence you've issued on this board yet.

he already addressed the men.

Yep. And I noted that earlier in the thread.

I read The Nation not because I believe in the overall content, but because I think it important to know what others who have different ideology believe and why. Know what The Nation was right about? The lunacy of the Vietnam and Iraq wars. I read their take and argued the opposite for a long time. Turns out they were 100% correct, even if in some instances for reasons different than what they proffered.

The tendency nowadays seems to be to reach conclusions predicated on already-formed ideology and based on the slimmest of information, even if taken out of context, and then find a way to support that conclusion, dismissing evidence offered to the contrary. I do my best to avoid that approach, but I'm human so I still struggle with the temptation to conclude then analyze.

Your kids may be the first humans to never be heavily influenced by teachers or coaches. That they are FlogSpawn is no surprise.
I can’t tell, are you advocating home schooling or demonizing it?

I honestly can’t think of one teacher or coach that heavily influenced me. Their role began and ended as teacher or coach. Maybe not everyone has the same unquestioned reverence toward authority figures as you, Tim.
This is like saying "I have a black friend so I'm not racist."
Says the guy who took the side of the “many fine people” in Charlottesville chanting “The Jew will not replace us” while protesting the removal of confederate statues.
You do realize that Charlottesville was a blip, a microcosm, a nit on the nut of a gnat - in comparison to the AltLeft anti-semitic movement happening across the entire country right now?
One was protesting a genocidal war, the other removal of arguably racist statues.
This may be the best false equivalence you've issued on this board yet.
Likewise.

Are there any racists or anti-semites in West Virginia?

You were COMPAIRING actual events that occurred many times to a hypothetical event that never happened.

You were then CONTRASTING how there are drastically different outcomes.
Nope. I was contrasting events and giving a hypothetical as to would be needed to make them comparable.