• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

I am a liberal Democrat. I disagree with Butker's ideology. I don't like Donald Trump, and I never did back when he was a New York Democrat. He was always a snobbish N.Y. ******* to me. I do love the Steelers, Pirates, Penguins. I still live and breathe it. I have a man cave that grows every year, much to my wife's chagrin. I am not a religious person but I respect other's beliefs as long as they don't force them upon me. At the end of the day, I try only to worry about things I can control. Butker, Trump, and Goodell are people who are not important to me. The Steelers are. It's escape entertainment for me. Do I get pissed? Hell, yeah, but it's not something I carry with me daily. Okay, maybe the Jesse James catch. That still chaps my ***. I still long for another Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, and World Series. I still love the game because no matter how much they try and change the product it's still football, baseball, and hockey to me. Pittsburgh baseball, hockey, and football.
I know it's the offseason but can we keep this crap in the political forums that I avoid like the plague.

I know it's the offseason but can we keep this crap in the political forums that I avoid like the plague.
To be fair, Butker is a current NFL player, much like the Kap frenzie was, so to a point it is a football related subject.

The post only continues to live because of the screaming meemies that refuse to accept that he is a traditional Catholic, asked to speak at a Catholic university, where he promoted, but did not force upon anyone, traditional Catholic beliefs. Rational individuals, after listening to, or reading the context of his address, and receiving a standing ovation for his effort, would only be able to conclude that he was preaching to the choir, so to speak, and not to everyone in general. But because there of those that choose to be offended for everyone, over literally anything that doesn't fit their narrative on life, that must not be allowed.

I watched the entire speech before forming my opinion.
About 8 minutes into it, I deciphered that he was just another catholic looney bird. And that was about 5 mintures before he even spoke about women at all. The speech started out with him calling into question the leaders of the catholic church, then eventually he made a comment about all that the game has given him, and his family. It was a blanket statement about how he felt certain that his wife would make the same choices in raising their kids, rather than going out and getting a job etc.
Shitload of drama about nothing is what is going on here.
Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. So what if his sky daddy's values are different. He's allowed to have that point of view. Whatever buddy. Talk your ****

The fact that you know some antisemitic, Hamas-loving tool that graduated from Columbia shocks no one here.
It was nearly 40 years ago that he graduated from Columbia (a school you could never get into). I have no idea how he feels about Hamas.

Are you denying schools have a role in raising children?
A limited role. A small fraction of the roll parents have. I certainly never feared a school would have more influence over my child than my wife and I do.
Your contempt for your nephew's sexuality oozes right out of your post.
I barely know the kid. I could care less about his sexuality. I do have contempt for the Catholic Church and it’s horrific sins but I mostly keep that to myself.

Which part of “IF Butker were to” are you struggling with?
Exactly this.

Kap has/had every right to protest. The platform of which he chose to go about it was not smart.

And to respond to him being black balled. Maybe he was. I don’t think very many teams wanted the publicity along with his declining play.

These players live in a fish bowl. When they speak politics no matter which affiliation they’re going to draw attention. Butker is learning that now.
The difference is Butker didn’t make his speech on a NFL field, during gametime, in a team uniform. He gave a speech about his beliefs to a group of individuals that ASKED him to, whom share his beliefs.

There are ZERO similarities between Butker‘s and Kap’s actions

The difference is Butker didn’t make his speech on a NFL field, during gametime, in a team uniform. He gave a speech about his beliefs to a group of individuals that ASKED him to, whom share his beliefs.

Social media is already drawing comparisons lol.
He’s an athlete. Said what he said. There’s always going to be someone ready to misconstrue words/statements etc.

Comes with the territory of being on that platform

Edit: they’re coming out of the woods now.
I’m just delivering the news lol.

Whether they’re different or not. This is today’s society and how they react
IMG_4869.jpeg

I’m in that boat as well.

Back in the spy-gate, the NFL lost all integrity through that ordeal. That singlehandedly lead to so many other disorders involving that team, yet ignored and the results of the cheating were accepted. ALL that in the name of money.

The league turned GREED MACHINE and nothing but Money motivates all decisions made by them.

Djfan, don’t let it get to yaz. This message board helps keep me “semi-sane”…….. PM if you need. Also remember it is just a game, minus the real world aspects.

You bring a great deal of positive to this board, and I for one appreciate all the way SIR.

Salute the nation
What happened to the Kayak?

A limited role. A small fraction of the roll parents have. I certainly never feared a school would have more influence over my child than my wife and I do.

I barely know the kid. I could care less about his sexuality. I do have contempt for the Catholic Church and it’s horrific sins but I mostly keep that to myself.
You mean the church hiding pedophilia and covering up priest pedophiles, moving them, and allowing them to continue their pedophilia ways in new communities? Those sins?

I’ll argue missing the point is not seeing how what Butker said might not sit well with some women.
OK Karen. He wasn't addressing his comments to "some women" but to the graduating class of a Catholic university that share his beliefs.
Badcat was right.

box_of_rocks-1676715783.jpg

Last edited:

😂 It’s like deja vu.

“If Butker were to” = hypothetical about the future.

“Butker didn’t” = past fact

Your reply makes ZERO sense.

You mean the church hiding pedophilia and covering up priest pedophiles, moving them, and allowing them to continue their pedophilia ways in new communities? Those sins?
Yep. Absolutely unbelievable.

What happened to the Kayak?

KAYAKs / Canoes / rafts / inboards / outboards / ships / tankers / and about anything that floats fall into the “boat” category.

ALWAYS keep chin above the liquid fertilizer while swimming.

Salute the nation

It’s “role” you obese, bloated obtuse intellectual wanna-be.

And then you follow with that after chiding about “never getting into” Columbia.

Drag your dead dog in the shade, you simple ever-offended ***.