• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

Further proof that you don’t have the attention span of a mosquito to read past the headline:

“I don’t agree with everything he said but it’s also abundantly clear that everyone mad online didn’t listen to the whole speech and are taking things out of context,” he added. “I think the backlash is ridiculous; he was invited to speak at our small Catholic college where getting engaged/married right after college is a regular occurrence. He knew his audience and people on Instagram and X shouldn’t be mad about something they weren’t the target audience for.”

😂 It’s like deja vu.

“If Butker were to” = hypothetical about the future.

“Butker didn’t” = past fact

Your reply makes ZERO sense.
“If Butker were to”, doesn’t matter because he DIDN’T.

Now IF/WHEN he actually does, then we can discuss the similarities. Chances are at that point I will feel exactly as I did about Kap’s actions.

Trying to compare a hypothetical situation to an actual situation that occurred many times is why you have a mental defect. Just admit you are wrong and move on to your next idiotic argument attempt.

Further proof that you don’t have the attention span of a mosquito to read past the headline:

“I don’t agree with everything he said but it’s also abundantly clear that everyone mad online didn’t listen to the whole speech and are taking things out of context,” he added. “I think the backlash is ridiculous; he was invited to speak at our small Catholic college where getting engaged/married right after college is a regular occurrence. He knew his audience and people on Instagram and X shouldn’t be mad about something they weren’t the target audience for.”
Please stop, you're making sense. We'll have none of that around here.

A limited role. A small fraction of the roll parents have. I certainly never feared a school would have more influence over my child than my wife and I do.
I don’t do politics but will comment on this a little. Both schools and parents have significant parts in children’s lives. Parents can take the lead sure in general but a great teacher can impact the direction of a child for better. The areas of the country that dumb down the curriculum do the kids no favors as well. I wouldn’t label teachers and schools in general with a small fraction in comparison. As to be honest children need heavy doses of both stabilizing elements, if one goes sideways the kids can easily follow suit. If one is top shelf that can turn a kids life around for the better. I think circumstance simply dictates outcomes.

Oh, oh! You didn’t read the entire article!

“If Butker were to”, doesn’t matter because he DIDN’T.

Now IF/WHEN he actually does, then we can discuss the similarities. Chances are at that point I will feel exactly as I did about Kap’s actions.

Trying to compare a hypothetical situation to an actual situation that occurred many times is why you have a mental defect. Just admit you are wrong and move on to your next idiotic argument attempt.
No you idiot, I was explaining why Butker isn’t getting “canceled” and what it would take for that to happen. READ.

Says the bloated moron who offers a comment about a speech ... where he admittedly did not listen to the speech.
Why would I listen to the entire speech? Was the entire speech about women being homemakers? No? If the statement he made was taken out of context, explain how.

I don’t do politics but will comment on this a little. Both schools and parents have significant parts in children’s lives. Parents can take the lead sure in general but a great teacher can impact the direction of a child for better. The areas of the country that dumb down the curriculum do the kids no favors as well. I wouldn’t label teachers and schools in general with a small fraction in comparison. As to be honest children need heavy doses of both stabilizing elements, if one goes sideways the kids can easily follow suit. If one is top shelf that can turn a kids life around for the better. I think circumstance simply dictates outcomes.
Butker simply stated that it's his opinion that a family would be better off with a stay at home wife and mother. I'm not sure how anyone could argue that point, and it could be a stay at home dad as well, doesn't matter. Realizing that not all couples can afford this really doesn't fit into the discussion, and I'm sure they do the best that they can. Having a parent home allows them the time to be part of their child's education process, more involvement in working with the school, there when the kids head off to school and when they return. It allows them time to volunteer at the school and be there for all of the extra curricular activities. In summary, two parents are better than one, and one parent devoted to raising and nurturing their children is better than none. We all have choices in life, and condemning someone for choosing a life as a homemaker is sad and pathetic.

Last edited:
Why would I listen to the entire speech? Was the entire speech about women being homemakers? No? If the statement he made was taken out of context, explain how.
So, you admit that you didn't listen to it in it's entirety, or read the transcript, shocking.

Why would I listen to the entire speech? Was the entire speech about women being homemakers? No?

Not even a tiny fraction of a sliver of the speech was about women being homemakers.

If the statement he made was taken out of context, explain how.

Or perhaps once, just this once, you actually pull your head out of your *** and do something for yourself.

It was nearly 40 years ago that he graduated from Columbia (a school you could never get into). I have no idea how he feels about Hamas.

LOL. I graduated 3rd in my HS class and cum laude in college (a prestigious educational school) while playing a college sport and being a part of two fraternities. Never bothered applying to any Ivy Leagues. I detested them even back in the 80s.

A limited role. A small fraction of the roll parents have. I certainly never feared a school would have more influence over my child than my wife and I do.

Kids on average spend 14,000 hours in school before the age of 18. Schools heavily influence our children. Your typical arrogance shows to believe otherwise.

I barely know the kid. I could care less about his sexuality.

We beg to differ.

I do have contempt for the Catholic Church and it’s horrific sins but I mostly keep that to myself.

And Judaism. But no contempt for Islam.

And you keep nothing to yourself. Ever.

I am a liberal Democrat. I disagree with Butker's ideology. I don't like Donald Trump, and I never did back when he was a New York Democrat. He was always a snobbish N.Y. ******* to me. I do love the Steelers, Pirates, Penguins. I still live and breathe it. I have a man cave that grows every year, much to my wife's chagrin. I am not a religious person but I respect other's beliefs as long as they don't force them upon me. At the end of the day, I try only to worry about things I can control. Butker, Trump, and Goodell are people who are not important to me. The Steelers are. It's escape entertainment for me. Do I get pissed? Hell, yeah, but it's not something I carry with me daily. Okay, maybe the Jesse James catch. That still chaps my ***. I still long for another Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, and World Series. I still love the game because no matter how much they try and change the product it's still football, baseball, and hockey to me. Pittsburgh baseball, hockey, and football.
I know it's the offseason but can we keep this crap in the political forums that I avoid like the plague.

But you just got done reading 6 pages of it.
You didn't have to open this thread. There's plenty other football threads at your disposal.

Butker simply stated that it's his opinion that a family would be better off with a stay at home wife and mother. I'm not sure how anyone could argue that point, and it could be a stay at home dad as well, doesn't matter. Realizing that not all couples can afford this really doesn't fit into the discussion, and I'm sure they do the best that they can. Having a parent home allows them the time to be part of their child's education process, more involvement in working with the school, there when the kids head off to school and when they return. It allows them time to volunteer at the school and be there for all of the extra curricular activities. In summary, two parents are better than one, and one parent devoted to raising and nurturing their children is better than none. We all have choices in life, and condemning someone for choosing a life as a homemaker is sad and pathetic.

But that's the thing, his speech excluded men. Had he mentioned the homemaker as being a noble profession for either the man or woman, I don't think this would even be a story. But don't get me wrong, I have no issues with what he said.

This thread is exactly why I despise the NFL, It's just a political tool and corrupt organization trying to make as much money as it can possibly rake in.

When you are scheduling around a pop star's touring schedule, you are a W H O R E to the almighty dollar and that shows me there is no longer integrity in the games played.

Like many have said, I'll watch a game if I have nothing else to do or watch. I look at it as time well spent if my son and I watch the game together and bond over it. Otherwise, I'll be fishing, hunting, or hiking with my little hottie momma enjoying life.

Butker simply stated that it's his opinion that a family would be better off with a stay at home wife and mother. I'm not sure how anyone could argue that point, and it could be a stay at home dad as well, doesn't matter.
That’s not what Butker said. He specifically addressed the women at the commencement.
Realizing that not all couples can afford this really doesn't fit into the discussion, and I'm sure they do the best that they can. Having a parent home allows them the time to be part of their child's education process, more involvement in working with the school, there when the kids head off to school and when they return. It allows them time to volunteer at the school and be there for all of the extra curricular activities. In summary, two parents are better than one, and one parent devoted to raising and nurturing their children is better than none. We all have choices in life, and condemning someone for choosing a life as a homemaker is sad and pathetic.
Nobody is doing that. They’re condemning Butker for suggesting to hundreds of women who just spent four years and a lot of money getting a degree that their primary purpose is to become a wife and mother.

Not even a tiny fraction of a sliver of the speech was about women being homemakers.
WTF? How did this thread come to be? What are the students and nuns denouncing?
Or perhaps once, just this once, you actually pull your head out of your *** and do something for yourself.
So you can’t explain how he was supposedly taken out of context.

Kids on average spend 14,000 hours in school before the age of 18. Schools heavily influence our children. Your typical arrogance shows to believe otherwise.
And they spend 10x that many hours not in school.
We beg to differ.
Oh we differ. You are so obsessed and disgusted with the sexuality of others that you started a Transgender thread on the P&R.
And Judaism. But no contempt for Islam.

And you keep nothing to yourself. Ever.
Where have I ever been critical of Judaism? You’re making **** up again.

LOL. I graduated 3rd in my HS class and cum laude in college (a prestigious educational school) while playing a college sport and being a part of two fraternities. Never bothered applying to any Ivy Leagues. I detested them even back in the 80s.
And neither of them taught you probability and statistics?

so instead of doing your own homework, and even reading the allegedly offensive paragraphs posted on this board, you again waste time asking people to do your homework for you and regurgitate an opinion into your mouth.

so instead of doing your own homework, and even reading the allegedly offensive paragraphs posted on this board, you again waste time asking people to do your homework for you and regurgitate an opinion into your mouth.
Is Butker claiming he was taken out of context? Yes or No?