• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rural Ohio

Stewey

Reaction score
Driving through rural Ohio the other day I saw more Biden yard signs than I care to. That was troublesome to me.

What's it like it rural Pa. or wherever yinz live?

Mostly Trump but, these paper ballots have me prepared to see Biden elected. Can someone tell me why the voting machines were taken away. Covid? Just put the machines at the local Walmart. Problem solved.

I expect Floyd type rioting if Trump is reelected.

That's what they will use to pull the white female vote. Of course the promise of "peace" and let up after electing the pack of wolves will be an illusion and hard landing for them.

I should hope not. This stuff has gone on for far too long as it is. They should be thankful conservatives are absolutely the most tolerant group in this country. They're also the most highly trained for war and the use of firearms.

That's why I kind of laugh at the little commie groups running around.

Here in suburban PA a once reliable red county has been turned completely blue by Trump.

The only thing that would surprise me more than Trump winning in 2016 would be Trump winning in 2020.

Yup. Nothing is impossible but I think there will have to be a seismic shift.

It's amazing that some people can STILL be influenced by fake news.

There is certainly a lot of media spin, but I think a lot of people are simply influenced by Trump himself. Whether or not you agree with his positions, I think anyone would be hard pressed to argue that he's the most charismatic person in the room. Maybe you could make an argument when he's the only person in the room, but I would not put it past him to eff that up.

Maybe most of yinz haven't ventured out to the boondocks.

It just bothers the **** out of me that these country folk, the heart of this country, have Biden yard signs out. Never expected to see what I saw.

What surprises me after seeing the videos of Biden whether it be the old ones where he talks **** about blacks, or the past 10 year old ones where he sniffs and gropes kids or the recent ones where he has no idea who he is or where he is anymore and you could still vote for that idiot your TDS is strong and you should seek help.

I live in rural Ohio myself and have been driving a lot of back roads in the country around here a lot lately. I'd say about every 9th or 10th house has a Trump sign in the yard. I honestly don't really ever remember seeing a Biden sign in this area to my best recollection....and I am thinking of the past couple years really. I've seen a few Biden stickers on cars I guess, but not more than a few. I('d venture to say that there are more Trump signs up right now than I've ever seen in previous years.

I feel like people are falling into the 2016 trap all over again with the polls and media spin.

I live in rural Ohio myself and have been driving a lot of back roads in the country around here a lot lately. I'd say about every 9th or 10th house has a Trump sign in the yard. I honestly don't really ever remember seeing a Biden sign in this area to my best recollection....and I am thinking of the past couple years really. I've seen a few Biden stickers on cars I guess, but not more than a few. I('d venture to say that there are more Trump signs up right now than I've ever seen in previous years.

I feel like people are falling into the 2016 trap all over again with the polls and media spin.

Now that's what I want to hear!

I was driving down RT 3. I often go that way and you'd rarely see a Hillary sign back in 2016.

Now that's what I want to hear!

I was driving down RT 3. I often go that way and you'd rarely see a Hillary sign back in 2016.

Except for few enclaves of academia most of everything outside Cincinnati proper is all Trump. Butler, Warren, Greene and Clermont counties are all very red. Hamilton County is still on the purple side even. Take away Cuyahoga County and the Dems would not stand a chance in Ohio at all.

Driving through rural Ohio the other day I saw more Biden yard signs than I care to. That was troublesome to me.

What's it like it rural Pa. or wherever yinz live?

I really wouldn't put too much stock into yard signs. Most folks , like myself, value their property too much to put a bullseye on it.

You know how the tolerant can be.

I really wouldn't put too much stock into yard signs. Most folks , like myself, value their property too much to put a bullseye on it.

And that's just reality of our country in these times. God bless you all who don't give a **** about advertising your political beliefs. I proudly fly the American flag on my property but that's it. I'd rather live in peace than to be constantly fighting with people I really don't care about, nor am I ever going to have a civil discussion with; & whose minds are already made up with what they feel.

Even when I vote, I don't even discuss it with my loved ones/family. If it's asked, the answer is it's between me and that polling booth (RIP) & God.

Mostly Trump but, these paper ballots have me prepared to see Biden elected.

I just suddenly got very nauseated. Got back from the marina a bit ago here in San Diego. People from different parts of the country will ask why I live in this shithole that is Commiefornia, but San Diego is still a bit of a different world compared to Los Angeles and San Francisco (for now). Still a little hard for me to let go of this place.

We're having a heat wave here in Southern California (115 degrees in Palm Springs today for example) and it was a high of 80° here and right along the ocean where there's just a phenomenal breeze it was probably more like 72°. People were barbecuing and getting in the water, walking their dogs and fishing off the pier and flying their kites and just being all around laid-back and nice people. A day like today where you see & hear the sounds of the waves, the peace it brings and everything else that comes with it is just really hard to beat. Anyways I'm getting off track.

There ya go Boot....I have yet to see a Biden sign, bumper sticker, hat, anything. But even though there are a few Trump signs and hats about, there are many many people I know that will not display theirs in public for that exact reason. They ain't about to go to jail for puttin' some ******* in the hospital or worse.

And that's just reality of our country in these times. God bless you all who don't give a **** about advertising your political beliefs. I proudly fly the American flag on my property but that's it. I'd rather live in peace than to be constantly fighting with people I really don't care about, nor am I ever going to have a civil discussion with; & whose minds are already made up with what they feel.

Even when I vote, I don't even discuss it with my loved ones/family. If it's asked, the answer is it's between me and that polling booth (RIP) & God.

But by flying the flag you gave yourself away..."there lives another ****** Trump supporter" LOL
Democrats don't do the flag thing. An American flag was nowhere to be seen during democrat debates. Might be too offensive. One positive we could take from the Fourth of July weekend that all those houses with flags flying on the 4th you gotta believe were Trump supporters.

Obama stopped wearing the flag on his lapel for a while...then he felt the heat.

Tell me Snopes isn't biased.
They called the claim that no flags were on display during the dem debates was a "Mixture" citing the fact that certain areas were adorned with red, white, and blue. Horsehsit. As one wise man once told me red, white, and blue are only colors. They mean nothing. They are not a substitute for the star spangled banner..
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/flags-democratic-debate/

Last edited:
Firstly, I wouldn't gauge anything sign wise until after Labor Day. My neighbor has a 6 ft Trump flag that will replace the American flag after Labor Day.

I have been traveling a lot in rural Western PA this summer, and all I see are Trump signs.

I'm not sure about Ohio, but Trump is going to have a hard time winning Pennsylvania again.

In 2016, a lot of the black vote around Pittsburgh and especially Philadelphia stayed home due to indifference towards Clinton.

As recent primaries showed, Biden can get blacks to the polls on a similar scale to what Obama could.

Also, Trump is not going to get anywhere near the votes from moderate Democrats that he received last time.

Anything can happen over the next five months, as Biden could have an egregious senior moment during the debates, but Trump's in trouble.

We stopped in rural Indiana for lunch today on the way to Cincy. Batesville. I saw tons of Trump flags and signs. Not one Biden sign. Batesville... I also saw a sign that said it was Supe's adoptive home town.