• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seahawks karma. Go help out!

The Seahawks were not good enough to beat the Steelers. That was the bottom line. The Steelers made plays. The Seahawks didn't. That is the story of the game.

Let's not pretend that the Steelers didn't have obstacles in the game.

Ben had a wide open WR for an easy TD and the ball slipped from his hand for an INT. The game is a laugher if Ben completes that easy throw. Steelers came back from that.

Steelers are down 3-0. Ben completes a pass inside the 20. Steelers get called for OFFENSIVE pass interference. It's now 2nd and 20. Ben gets sacked. It's 3rd and 28. Ben scrambles and hit HInes Ward with a bomb down to the 3 yard line for 1st and goal. Steelers then punch it in to go up 7-3.

Now let's look at Seattle obstacles

Hasselbeck throws a TD and it is properly nullified by an offensive pass interference. It's 1st and 20. BUmmer but it's still 1st down. Do the Seahawks make plays to overcome it? Nope. They lose 3 yards and kick a FG.

Hasselbeck completes a pass to Hope Solo's battered wife Jeramy Stevens down to the 1. It is called back on an obvious Holding that even Warren Moon agreed with on the Seahawks radio broadcast. Does Seattle overcome it? Nope. Hasselbeck gets sacked by NT Casey Hampton (his only sack that year) on 1st down. On 3rd down Hasselbeck throws an INT to Ike Taylor. 4 plays later Randle El throws to Ward to essentially end the game.

That's the story of the game. Steelers made plays. Seattle didn't. Steelers overcame adversity. Seattle didn't. Seattle wasn't good enough to beat a good defense.

Great post Tape, I know there is a lot of complaining by them and every time someone says to me oh the Steelers got help from the refs I say......What did the refs do on Parkers SUPER BOWL RECORD RUN or HOW DID THE REFS FORGET TO COVER WARD???? Come on like you just pointed out teams do over come set backs. With that said I am kinda rooting for them but I would love to see Lynch on the bench after the 1st drive, can't stand him!

Great post Tape, I know there is a lot of complaining by them and every time someone says to me oh the Steelers got help from the refs I say......What did the refs do on Parkers SUPER BOWL RECORD RUN or HOW DID THE REFS FORGET TO COVER WARD???? Come on like you just pointed out teams do over come set backs. With that said I am kinda rooting for them but I would love to see Lynch on the bench after the 1st drive, can't stand him!
Actually a number of their fans weighed to say give it up, we played like **** and got beat, but were immediately excoriated by the SBXL Troofers who are convinced that the fix was in. I'm willing to say that it was a poorly officiated game but that didn't keep the Seahawks from really only scoring 3 points on their own. The Troofers are apoplectic that three of the refs from SBXL will be working this year's SB.

The Seahawks were not good enough to beat the Steelers. That was the bottom line. The Steelers made plays. The Seahawks didn't. That is the story of the game.

Let's not pretend that the Steelers didn't have obstacles in the game.

Ben had a wide open WR for an easy TD and the ball slipped from his hand for an INT. The game is a laugher if Ben completes that easy throw. Steelers came back from that.

Steelers are down 3-0. Ben completes a pass inside the 20. Steelers get called for OFFENSIVE pass interference. It's now 2nd and 20. Ben gets sacked. It's 3rd and 28. Ben scrambles and hit HInes Ward with a bomb down to the 3 yard line for 1st and goal. Steelers then punch it in to go up 7-3.

Now let's look at Seattle obstacles

Hasselbeck throws a TD and it is properly nullified by an offensive pass interference. It's 1st and 20. BUmmer but it's still 1st down. Do the Seahawks make plays to overcome it? Nope. They lose 3 yards and kick a FG.

Hasselbeck completes a pass to Hope Solo's battered wife Jeramy Stevens down to the 1. It is called back on an obvious Holding that even Warren Moon agreed with on the Seahawks radio broadcast. Does Seattle overcome it? Nope. Hasselbeck gets sacked by NT Casey Hampton (his only sack that year) on 1st down. On 3rd down Hasselbeck throws an INT to Ike Taylor. 4 plays later Randle El throws to Ward to essentially end the game.

That's the story of the game. Steelers made plays. Seattle didn't. Steelers overcame adversity. Seattle didn't. Seattle wasn't good enough to beat a good defense.

Exactly! That's the same stuff I was saying back then, but the Steeler haters, they'll never listen. It is what it is, as Tomlin would say. But for me, I know that they earned that SB victory with a total team effort. As for that offensive pass int call, I still want to know what it was that Heath did. To my knowledge they never replayed it on the broadcast and I was left wondering what the hell happened on that play.

Actually a number of their fans weighed to say give it up, we played like **** and got beat, but were immediately excoriated by the SBXL Troofers who are convinced that the fix was in. I'm willing to say that it was a poorly officiated game but that didn't keep the Seahawks from really only scoring 3 points on their own. The Troofers are apoplectic that three of the refs from SBXL will be working this year's SB.

Shouldn't that make them feel a little more confident than less? I mean, those 3 refs may be guilt ridden over SBXL and call in Seattle's favor this time around.

I don't know many of their fans, I think I only know two fans who have liked them since childhood......I am sure that will change now. I also am including fans of other teams especially the Giant fans, living here in upstate ny it sucks to listen to them, lol!

And the hits keep coming.
You're still a huge ******* pile of human feces Ron Burgundy.
They're gonna miss me next week. ;)

Shouldn't that make them feel a little more confident than less? I mean, those 3 refs may be guilt ridden over SBXL and call in Seattle's favor this time around.
Depends where you stand on the league's feelings on which way they'd like the game to go.

Call it tight because a lot of people will be watching everything with a microscope?
Call it loose because a lot of people will be watching everything with a microscope?
Pats** win to get the taint of cheating monkey off their back?
Seahawks win to help get rid of Belicheat and Brady and make them retire and go away?

What would Roger do?

Last edited:
Sooooo.... How'd that Karma plan work out for you?

Sorry Seattle, but once again, you were beaten by a better team in the super bowl. When it mattered, your vaunted defense collapsed. Remember that time the Steel Curtain allowed a team to come back from a 10 point defect late in the game? Me neither.

Richard Sherman has the nerve to trash talk Revis? Revis got beat when he was picked following Baldwin across the field. Sherman is right, he would not get beat like that because it would require him leaving his small zone and actually covering a WR instead of jumping a route in his little 15 yard box.

Your team is about to get ripped apart by the salary cap.

Sooooo.... How'd that Karma plan work out for you?

Came close. Now we have to hear that Belicheat and Brady have as many SB's as Noll and Bradshaw.

Sorry Seattle, but once again, you were beaten by a better team in the super bowl. When it mattered, your vaunted defense collapsed. Remember that time the Steel Curtain allowed a team to come back from a 10 point defect late in the game? Me neither.

Richard Sherman has the nerve to trash talk Revis? Revis got beat when he was picked following Baldwin across the field. Sherman is right, he would not get beat like that because it would require him leaving his small zone and actually covering a WR instead of jumping a route in his little 15 yard box.

Your team is about to get ripped apart by the salary cap.

I love this, well said!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tapeANaspirin2it again.

Seattle fans are still a bunch of cunts! Legion of cupcakes&coffee...pfft..:)