• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Season Prediction Thread

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
to make Ron happy

here we go

time to put it all on the line and announce for the world to see, how you think the Steelers will do this season

So what say you Steeler Nation???

This may come as a surprise to some people, but I also root for Penn State. I know that may have been hard to detect because of the complete impartiality I show in the weekly College Football thread. I point this out because I see big similarities between Penn State and the Steelers.

Both have a talented defense, and a disappointing offense with a rebuilt OL, good RBs and TEs but questionable WRs, and talented but underachieving QBs. Both had a very conservative and predictable offense. The game PSU just played against WVU showed what a huge difference an OC can make.

Penn State OC Andy Kotannicki described his offense as a Dairy Queen blizzard. You see all the sprinkles and cookies and Reese's mixed in but in the end it's mostly vanilla ice cream.

This is exactly what Arthur Smith does. These are basic vanilla plays but they are dressed up with multiple formations and motions so it looks complex to the defense but in reality, it's basic plays with sprinkles. It's simple for the offense to execute.

I expect the steeler offense to be much improved. The issue is the new OL needs to gel. Fautanu and Semalu injuries may delay that development. The Steelers have Pickens and nobody else who scares a defense in the pass game. That means the run game has to be dominant or at least very good for this offense to work.

The second half schedule is brutal. The AFC North will be featured on an in season hard knocks over the last portion of the season. That's why the NFL backloaded the schedule and then bought off the steelers by awarding Pittsburgh the NFL draft. You can call that a conspiracy theory. I call it being mildly observant. Goodell sees the NFL as a TV show. The game itself is far down his list of priorities.

Overall, I'm very positive about this season. I feel the steelers will be a much better team this year than last but the OL uncertainty and the lack of a 2nd WR that scares people and the brutal schedule will probably be too much to overcome.

I'm predicting 10 wins, a wildcard, and a good playoff showing but coming up short. I also predict that the playoff loss will feel more like sign of being close to contending, like the end of Rocky 1 as opposed to last year's loss that felt like the end of Old Yeller.

20-0. And we will be insufferable to all other fans about our glorious perfection forever.

If I'm going to wish and predict, why not go big.

I'll be realistic about week 9 or 10. Most things should be completely revealed by then.

I don't see them starting fast once the bullets are live and then they face the crucible the last 6-7 weeks of the season. They'll try their hardest to run the football and some PA with RW, but the endemic issues on offense will likely persist with not much behind GP and teams crowding the box and doubling our #1. Tomlin will double down on making each week a test of wills and attrition. The backloaded schedule is the straw that will break the never had a losing season's back. They don't don't have enough firepower or creativity to get over or through the obstacles this year and can't count on winning more close games than they lose.

8-9. Slow start. We lose the last 4. Tomlinball.

10-7 We start slow end strong.
This to me makes the most sense. So it will probably be the opposite with how life works out the opposite in what I predict😅

I also like 10 and 7 and a playoff win. A lot of changing parts for the team to get much more than that IMO and a tough schedule.

The Oline and a new O scheme I would think would slow the team early with the D keeping them in games. As that Oline gets settled in I think the team gets settled in and fights itself to more of a balance. Not that that will always show up in the W L column.

Steelers start a bit slow, find a nice win streak in the middle in give us all hope, and the brutal back end of the schedule has us chewing our nails to nubs. 10-7 with a wild card draw and early exit once again. Rinse and repeat.

Afterall, the standard is the standard. never a losing season. next year will be our year! just you wait and see!

Last year the pre-season hype was off the charts, but the opposite happened.
This year everyone thinks the Steelers will falter. The opposite will happen once again my friends.
11-6
I try and look at things scientifically.

10-7, with Muth and one of Jefferson/Austin surprising to the upside.
If the rookie laden OL can gel more quickly than any recent season.

I think we will start 6-3 or 7-2 then limp home. Finishing at 9-8 or 10-7

Realistically, I see a high probability of a losing season this year as the OL just isn't up to par. Figure 8 - 9. In any case, I think 11-6 would be the ceiling for this team, if everyone critical stays reasonably healthy.

to make Ron happy
Thank you. One of my highlights each year.

New QB’s, new OC, new players on both sides of the ball, Shades is ready to unleash hell, kick ***, take names, and prove the haters wrong.

10-7 same as last year, if they back into the playoffs as usual, wild card playoff loss as usual.
Due to all the new players and tough schedule Shades will be hailed as the Greatest Coach Ever Who Never Had A Losing Season, as usual.

We could get lucky with teams resting guys at the end of the year. I think our last 2 games are KC and Cincy. You also just never know with injuries and what not. We could get 11 or 12 wins if we play to to our potential, but so far this team has not showed much.

10-7
I think we start off really slow. Then the line starts to gel and Wilson shows more than we had the last couple of seasons and sprinkle some trick plays with Slash 2.0 and we finish 2nd in the North and get a wild card spot. Where we lose.

Rinse, wash and repeat.

Here's some fun predictions for :poop: and :ROFLMAO:.

Russell Wilson throws for 3500 yards, 24 tds, and 9 ints.
Harris runs for a career low in 800 yards at his 4.0 ypc.
George Pickens catches 80 balls for 1300+ yards with 11 tds
Muth is second on the team with 850 yards and 8 touchdowns.
TJ doesn't get double digit sacks
Herbig gets 8 sacks
Cory Trice is starting opposite of JPJ by November
Keeanu Benton becomes the clear best DL on the team and has 7.5 sacks a 15 tfl

10-7
I think we start off really slow. Then the line starts to gel and Wilson shows more than we had the last couple of seasons and sprinkle some trick plays with Slash 2.0 and we finish 2nd in the North and get a wild card spot. Where we lose.

Rinse, wash and repeat.

Here's some fun predictions for :poop: and :ROFLMAO:.

Russell Wilson throws for 3500 yards, 24 tds, and 9 ints.
Harris runs for a career low in 800 yards at his 4.0 ypc.
George Pickens catches 80 balls for 1300+ yards with 11 tds
Muth is second on the team with 850 yards and 8 touchdowns.
TJ doesn't get double digit sacks
Herbig gets 8 sacks
Cory Trice is starting opposite of JPJ by November
Keeanu Benton becomes the clear best DL on the team and has 7.5 sacks a 15 tfl
Most seem plausible. I think Benton getting 7.5 sacks and 15 Tfl is a stretch. That is almost 1 tfl/ game. I hope your Muth prediction comes true, but it seems like wishful thinking.

Most seem plausible. I think Benton getting 7.5 sacks and 15 Tfl is a stretch. That is almost 1 tfl/ game. I hope your Muth prediction comes true, but it seems like wishful thinking.
It would be the equivalent of one of the best seasons Heyward has ever had. I’m really hoping he takes the place of what Heyward used to be.