• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Snoop Dogg not watching Roots

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Snoop Dogg says he will not be watching 'Roots.'

"They going to just to keep beating that **** into our heads about how they did us, huh?" the rapper says.

Snoop Dogg has no plans to watch the Roots remake, and he's telling his fans to also boycott the show.

The rapper sent out his message over social media on Monday.

"I'm sick of this ****. How the f— are they going to put Roots on, on Memorial Day?" Snoop said in an Instagram video. "They going to just to keep beating that **** into our heads about how they did us, huh?"

The History channel's revival is a four-part, eight-hour series that debuts Monday.

Snoop said he has no interest in new shows and movies — specifically mentioning 12 Years a Slave — that "keep showing the abuse we took hundreds and hundreds of years ago."

"I ain't watching that ****, and I advise you motherf-—ers as real n— like myself; f— them television shows," Snoop said. "Let's create our own **** based on today, how we live and how we inspire people today. Black is what's real. F— that old ****."

from - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/snoop-dogg-asks-fans-boycott-898225

Refreshing. And a die hard Steeler fan as well.

I predict they will show it in school next year.

Snoop had the courage to say what so many americans want to say. Lets face it that slavery stuff was 170+ years ago. Out of our control. People are treated and have freedoms now. Thank you Snoop

Snoop had the courage to say what so many americans want to say. Lets face it that slavery stuff was 170+ years ago. Out of our control. People are treated and have freedoms now. Thank you Snoop

It's easier for him to say though. Its called black privilege.

Whitey saying it makes him a racist,

While I like what he is saying here, it needs to be said again, Snoop is NOT A DIEHARD Steelers fan!! While he has worn the gear and talks about the Steelers, he has done the same thing for at least half a dozen other teams.

While I like what he is saying here, it needs to be said again, Snoop is NOT A DIEHARD Steelers fan!! While he has worn the gear and talks about the Steelers, he has done the same thing for at least half a dozen other teams.

Yes he is.
He will wear the jerseys of other teams mainly when he visits. Celebrities do that. Snoop made it clear on Larry King he was a Steeler fan.

Last edited:
Snoop Doggs youth football team are the Steelers.

Reactions: MTC
Talking Steelers Football with Snoop Dogg

Rapper Snoop Dogg, whose given name is Calvin Broadus, grew up in California but at a young age he took a liking to a team thousands of miles away, the Pittsburgh Steelers. And his loyalties never changed.

He attended the Steelers practice prior to the home opener against the Titans and had a chance to talk to Coach Mike Tomlin, as well as hang out in the locker room with some of the players.

He even took some friendly ribbing from the team for having attended Baltimore Ravens training camp this year, but was quick to explain while he might have friends on other teams the Steelers are where his heart is.

Snoop Dogg, who has been to games at Heinz Field before, was thrilled to be on hand for the season-opener against the Titans, seeing all of the pregame excitement and watching his team win in overtime.

Snoop Dogg took time out during the visit to talk with Teresa Varley for Talking Steelers Football

Is it fun for you to get a chance to check out practice?
I grew up a Steelers fan in the 70s. To be able to come and be at their practice facility and see them go to work before a game is special for me.

How did you become a Steelers fan?

It was in the 70s watching them on television battle the Raiders. In California it was the Raiders or the Steelers and everyone was choosing the Raiders and I just couldn’t go with what everyone was going with. I wanted to go with the Steelers. I loved their attitude and the way they played and went out and won. I became a fan in the 70s and have been riding with them ever since.

Who were some of your favorite players back then?
Definitely Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Rocky Bleier, Franco Harris, Donnie Shell, Mel Blount, Jack Ham, Jack Lambert, L.C. Greenwood, Dwight White, just to name a few.

That should clear things up for you.

My grandmother knew Alex Haley.
His family and my great grandparents were neighbors.
She had a signed copy of Roots somewhere.

I'm not watching the show.

Wonder what Ramon Foster thinks? he's from Ripley, TN - where Alex Haley lived and wrote Roots.
Nothing on his Twitter or Instagram accounts, and he's active with those.
https://twitter.com/RamonFoster
http://www.pikore.com/theramonfoster

That's why Snoop has so much popularity: He speaks the truth and is real.

I have had my fill of slave movies too, but I must say, "Django Unchained" was good. Fox was solid and Christoph Waltz was incredible. "12 Years a Slave" was good too, but that is where I got my overdose of slave flicks.

I get it.

We all get it.

Don't need to wallow in it endlessly.

The establishment is desirous of keeping us at each others' throats.

Notice how the media goes overkill in any race news.

That's why Snoop has so much popularity: He speaks the truth and is real.

I have had my fill of slave movies too, but I must say, "Django Unchained" was good. Fox was solid and Christoph Waltz was incredible. "12 Years a Slave" was good too, but that is where I got my overdose of slave flicks.

I get it.

We all get it.

Don't need to wallow in it endlessly.

The establishment is desirous of keeping us at each others' throats.

Notice how the media goes overkill in any race news.

If they don't keep reminding us, then people might get along.

Gotta keep fomenting that white guilt. One of the pillars of supporting the entitlement state.

The origin of USA slavery isn't really talked about or shown. African chiefs in Africa ( some of whom can be traced via DNA to the USA African Americans ) would capture natives and sell them to the Europeans. So the crime was often black on black, and shifted to white on black.

Prior to African American slaves, the USA actually had Irish Slaves. Bet you didn't know that. And throughout history, the world has had slavery...it still exists today.

Yet the media wants to focus on USA white guilt only, purposely omitting the origin of our slavery. It was a bad time for sure. Thr ironic part for me is the liberal media types that want maximum guilt, are also the same people who are pro-abortion. Both practices are bad.