• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

SO, did Kaepernick have a legit point?

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
Colin Kaepernick has opted out of his contract, becoming a free agent.
This was the fully expected move. Kaepernick leaves behind one year and $16.9 million to hit the free-agent market. The 49ers haven't ruled out bringing Kaepernick back, but it seems like a total long shot. The Jets have been rumored to have some interest, while reports out of Cleveland have indicated the Browns will not target him. Kap should be able to compete to start somewhere after a solid second half of last season, throwing 16 touchdowns to four picks.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 3 - 8:44 AM

Who in their right mind would pay him 17 million for a season??? Apparently his math skills match his ability to play QB

Colin Kaepernick has opted out of his contract, becoming a free agent.
This was the fully expected move. Kaepernick leaves behind one year and $16.9 million to hit the free-agent market. The 49ers haven't ruled out bringing Kaepernick back, but it seems like a total long shot. The Jets have been rumored to have some interest, while reports out of Cleveland have indicated the Browns will not target him. Kap should be able to compete to start somewhere after a solid second half of last season, throwing 16 touchdowns to four picks.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 3 - 8:44 AM

I know it's been a foregone conclusion that he would opt out it just hasn't been reported by the 49ers. At least not that I have seen out here.

An article in the post-gazette today says the Steelers should consider signing him. Doubt that will EVER happen.

An article in the post-gazette today says the Steelers should consider signing him. Doubt that will EVER happen.

It better not happen. **** I would pout hard if they did that.

Most rational Americans disagreed with his protest. In the end, the "free market" spoke, so to speak. Without any violence, Krap eventually felt the justice of "social engineering" (as I say to my kids often). He behaved in a way that most Americans, and his employer disagreed with. And when it came time for his team to cut or release him, when they had that option, they realized he was far far more trouble than he was worth and let him go, probably happily. Because his behavior wasn't socially condoned (in general), he engineered himself out of the organization and onto the streets.

And now that social engineering is working against him still. No team wants him.

Hate to break it to you (OK, no I don't) but his release had nothing to do with his protest and everything to do with being due to make $17M next season. Do you really think if his stats had rivaled Brady's, he'd be out of a job right now?

He'll have a job in the NFL somewhere.

Hate to break it to you (OK, no I don't) but his release had nothing to do with his protest and everything to do with being due to make $17M next season. Do you really think if his stats had rivaled Brady's, he'd be out of a job right now?

He'll have a job in the NFL somewhere.

They made no attempts to keep him. None. I guarantee you the turmoil he brought to that team contributed. As evidenced by no teams giving him an eye right now. Even the Browns. And, isn't it awfully queer how now, without a job, he suddenly will kneel?

As I said, social engineering.

And, isn't it awfully queer ...

Supe, ark, and Hamster have defended your racist *** even after you criticized the FBP, but now THIS?

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

It would not surprise me at all if the Loonies signed dickwad.

NFL Manager: 70 Percent of Teams 'Genuinely Hate' Free-Agent Kaepernick

Kaepernick, 29, the longtime man-under-center for the San Francisco 49ers is now a free agent and has been unable to score a new contract with another team.

An anonymous general manager from one of the teams in the NFL’s American Football Conference (AFC) said Kaepernick has three major points working against him.

The manager told Bleacher Report that 70 percent of teams “genuinely hate him, and can’t stand what he did,” referring to his season-long national anthem protest.

“They think showing no interest is a form of punishment,” the manager said.

Kaepernick has apparently indicated that there will be “No more kneeling for Kaepernick! NFL player says he’ll stand for the National Anthem next season, if another team hires him” according to a tweet from Fox & Friends.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.insider.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=5364321808001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

------------------------------

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/...ams-after-national-anthem-protests-free-agent

NBA ratings are down huge ever since their players started getting political. I heard ratings are down like 20% even in Cleveland where they have Lebron and are defending champs.

The media made a poiint of harping on the NFL's small decline in ratings but you never hear a peep about the major decline of the NBA. That's because there's no way to spin the NBA's decline aside from politics and the media wants people to believe that everybody is celebrating the new activism of athletes and want their sports with political lectures.

NBA ratings are down huge ever since their players started getting political. I heard ratings are down like 20% even in Cleveland where they have Lebron and are defending champs.

The media made a poiint of harping on the NFL's small decline in ratings but you never hear a peep about the major decline of the NBA. That's because there's no way to spin the NBA's decline aside from politics and the media wants people to believe that everybody is celebrating the new activism of athletes and want their sports with political lectures.

That and the PC "play it safe" epidemic in all sports. NASCAR popularity has completely plummeted over the past 5 or 6 years. I asked my buddy because he is/was the biggest NASCAR fan I knew. He said the die hard fans are all turning their backs on the sport because they have taken every bit of the "piss and vinegar" out of the races and penalize everyone for driving too aggressive. Also having very strict rules which do not permit anyone to do anything at all different to the cars to get an advantage. As a result you get boring races in a homogenized, sterilized environment. It used to be a bunch of cowboys scratching, clawing and knocking the hell out of each other to win. Now they just race in line for 499 las and try to win on lap 500.

The NFL kind of started down the road too and their business has suffered some too, but not as bad as racing. They better be very careful with sanitizing the combativeness of the sport with ***** *** penalty calls and over policing everything. People want to watch it because it's a combative sport. When they forget that they get into trouble.

Last edited:
Eh, this is all absolutely perfect - to me. It worked the way it should have.

Colin has the right to be a dumbass because this is the USA and we give people the right to Freedom of Speech. Amen for that.

He exercised that right and polarized a good portion of the nation. It also started a national discussion I think was good to have. Thumbs up.

Most rational Americans disagreed with his protest. In the end, the "free market" spoke, so to speak. Without any violence, Krap eventually felt the justice of "social engineering" (as I say to my kids often). He behaved in a way that most Americans, and his employer disagreed with. And when it came time for his team to cut or release him, when they had that option, they realized he was far far more trouble than he was worth and let him go, probably happily. Because his behavior wasn't socially condoned (in general), he engineered himself out of the organization and onto the streets.

And now that social engineering is working against him still. No team wants him.

Colin finds himself on the street without a microphone, without a team, unloved, and unwanted - much due to his politics (obviously a good bit due to his diminished talent). He wasn't fired. He wasn't hurt. The "free market" and social engineering aspects of it all just came to bite him in the *** in the end.

Good.

I'm sure that his SJW girlfriend loves him more than ever though. An update on that relationship might be interesting.

That and the PC "play it safe" epidemic in all sports. NASCAR popularity has completely plummeted over the past 5 or 6 years. I asked my buddy because he is/was the biggest NASCAR fan I knew. He said the die hard fans are all turning their backs on the sport because they have taken every bit of the "piss and vinegar" out of the races and penalize everyone for driving too aggressive. Also having very strict rules which do not permit anyone to do anything at all different to the cars to get an advantage. As a result you get boring races in a homogenized, sterilized environment. It used to be a bunch of cowboys scratching, clawing and knocking the hell out of each other to win. Now they just race in line for 499 las and try to win on lap 500.

The NFL kind of started down the road too and their business has suffered some too, but not as bad as racing. They better be very careful with sanitizing the combativeness of the sport with ***** *** penalty calls and over policing everything. People want to watch it because it's a combative sport. When they forget that they get into trouble.

They are now working on making hockey more homogenized.

That hockey for everyone campaign was bullshit. The PC agenda is infiltrating everything now. Not gonna let it hamper my enjoyment anymore

They used to have only one black player in the NHL and they made him wear a white mask.

Watching ESPN, they are clearly tormented that Kaepernick doesn't have a job, and they are doing all kinds of linguistic gymnastics to kinda sorta imply that it must be racism but not really coming right out and saying it. It is funny that they gloss over the fact that the guy is an ******* that willingly made himself a distraction. Plus, he isn't very good. Add all that up, and no one is gonna bring that circus to their team, even if he says he is gonna stand for the national anthem. The Browns might do it, but no sane GM would.

Watching ESPN, they are clearly tormented that Kaepernick doesn't have a job, and they are doing all kinds of linguistic gymnastics to kinda sorta imply that it must be racism but not really coming right out and saying it. It is funny that they gloss over the fact that the guy is an ******* that willingly made himself a distraction. Plus, he isn't very good. Add all that up, and no one is gonna bring that circus to their team, even if he says he is gonna stand for the national anthem. The Browns might do it, but no sane GM would.

I was watching that yesterday as well. They kept posting a quote about CK made by the oh so NOT racist Spike Lee. One of the guys on there actually looked like he was about to cry.

I stopped watching ESPN about 2 years ago, those libtard ********. Just show the scores / highlights and stfu.

I used to have ESPN on at almost all times. If i wasn't watching something specific on a different channel, I was on ESPN. Then PC culture took over. Little by little they started hiring based on race and gender and not based on getting the most knowledgeable sports people.

The level of discussion went downhill fast. Now they use sports to set up conversations about politics, liberal politics.

Now they spend most of their time finding ways to imply that i'm a racists or sexist. They freak out over any hard hit in a sport, as if any sort of aggression (IE male behavior) is an attack on normal society.

It was so refreshing watching a replay of a game from the 80s and seeing a big hit ( a clean hit) and hearing the announcers celebrate that hit as good football. There was no flag.

Now a play like that and immediately there is a flag, and the announcers speak in whispers, as if somebody was just shot, and they imply that anybody who enjoys such violence is some kind of neanderthal.

ESPN is now losing money and laying off employees. Of course, they will lay off hard working behind the camera people, and not those responsible for the decline, the on air social justice warriors and the higher ups who encourage the PC culture.

I stopped watching ESPN about 2 years ago, those libtard ********. Just show the scores / highlights and stfu.

There's PC in everything now. Which is why I just tend to the sporting event and shut the tv off after. Once in awhile I'll watch nhl on the fly or good morning football on my thursdays off. Kay Adams is good on the eyes

Watching ESPN, they are clearly tormented that Kaepernick doesn't have a job, and they are doing all kinds of linguistic gymnastics to kinda sorta imply that it must be racism but not really coming right out and saying it.
Yeah. I think we all look forward to the day when our racist society allows black men to play in the NFL. Possibly the NBA will be next