• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

SO, did Kaepernick have a legit point?

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
And they won't let the Cowgirls honor the Dallas cops who were executed in cold blood by thugs with a small sticker on their helmets.

They should say they are doing it in protest against the NFL.

OK, fair enough. Let's see what he stated about it.

So, what problem do you have with what he has an issue with?

1.) This country certainly has oppressed black people. I mean, you don't get more oppressed than putting people in chains and whipping them. But that's not going on now, you counter? It is not, but there are other forms of oppression still going on towards black people. Maybe you don't see it around you, but I do.

2.) There are "bodies in the street." Just in Jacksonville alone, I can't even keep up with how many unarmed black men are killed by cops every year.

3.) It is very rare for the cops who shoot and kill blacks to face any punishment whatsoever. Most actually keep their jobs, let alone not get charged with a crime.

I am sorry. I don't find much to condemn about his position. Tell me what your problem is with it. Unarmed black men are killed by cops 500% more often than unarmed white men.

http://mappingpoliceviolence.org/unarmed/

Tell me, what has he stated that is improper or not accurate. I eagerly await your detailed response.

You can't keep up with how many unarmed black men are killed in Jacksonville? Exaggerate much? How many bodies do you see "in the street" each day?

Minorities have every chance to succeed here in America. But they vote for policies and politicians who keep them down. Blacks vote overwhelmingly democrat....yet don't realize it is the policies they vote for that are keeping them "oppressed."

That's because there are far more whites and hispanics than there are blacks. A much higher % of blacks are killed by cops than whites. Compare apples to apples.

Not sure what that proves.

I should hope so.

FACT: Cops are quick to shoot and kill black men, often times when they are not even armed or posing dangers. None of your tap dancing refutes that fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqR...tube.com/watch?v=f qROP_T5jyM&has_verified=1

And that's all because blacks commit a vastly higher proportion of crimes in relation to their percentage of the population. Blacks are 12.4% of the population. If they want to get together and agree to commit 12.4% of crime, then we can have a discussion.

Aunt Boo weighs in:

You can't keep up with how many unarmed black men are killed in Jacksonville? Exaggerate much? How many bodies do you see "in the street" each day?

Minorities have every chance to succeed here in America. But they vote for policies and politicians who keep them down. Blacks vote overwhelmingly democrat....yet don't realize it is the policies they vote for that are keeping them "oppressed."

The oppression, I think, comes not from inequality of opportunity, but from inequality of outcomes. Equality of outcomes is not guaranteed. The outcome is the part you have to work for. Shame so many people have forgotten that.

Belafonte On Kaepernick: ‘To Mute The Slave Has Always Been In The Best Interest Of Slave Owners’
http://newsone.com/3526011/belafonte-speaks-out-on-kaepernick/

"When a Black voice is raised in protest to oppression, those who are comfortable with our oppression are the first to criticize us for daring to speak out against it."

Roland Martin sat down with legendary actor and civil rights activist Harry Belafonte on Wednesday for an exclusive interview. During their discussion, Martin and Belafonte covered a variety of topics, including Colin Kaepernick’s decision to sit during the National Anthem at football games.

Belafonte, who is no stranger to taking a stand on an unpopular issue, shared with Martin his profound thoughts on Kaepernick’s symbolic gesture to stand with the oppressed and address the backlash the NFL quarterback is experiencing.

Martin asked Belafonte about his thoughts on the reports detailing anger coming from NFL front office officials about Kaepernick’s protests, in which an undisclosed number of individuals said they would not sign the embattled quarterback if he was released from the San Francisco 49ers.

Mr. Belafonte told Martin, “To mute the slave is always been to the best interests of the slave owner.

“When a Black voice is raised in protest to oppression, those who are comfortable with our oppression are the first to criticize us for daring to speak out against it.”

Belafonte, who played a prominent role in the Civil Rights Movement, called Kaepernick’s decision to stand against the oppression of African-Americans a “noble thing.”

He continued, “I think that speaking out and making people aware of the fact that you are paying homage to an anthem that also has a constituency that by the millions suffer is a righteous thing to do.”

The civil rights icon added, “The fact that these people are having these ‘How dare you speak out against lynching?’ and all of the things that racism stands for or the conclusions to racist acts permit – I think is a statement about America.”

For having brought this attention to the plight of African-Americans who suffer at the hands of heavy-handed policing, which in many instances end in the deaths of Black men and women, Mr. Belafonte called Kaepernick “a noble and courageous man.”

From Russell Wilson, a Real man...

"For me, I love the flag. I love the National Anthem because it’s an emotional time for me because I’m so grateful I get to play on the football field. And every time I get to put my hand on my heart, it’s truly an honor — you know, the military, for me I think about my family members who have served, and friends — I train down in San Diego all the time, so I’m around the Navy and I see those guys around. And all they do for our country and the people in Afghanistan and all these people fighting. 9/11, for example, coming up — that’s going to be our first game and I think about all the pain from that. So that’s why I stand and put my hand on my heart."

More whites and Hispanics die from police homicides than blacks.

Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers.

I like this one: A officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

Very good article.

I just don't understand the BLM movement at all. A few high profile cases of police misconduct (and that is subject to opinion) that the media loves to use to divide us and get attention and ratings does NOT mean some racist agenda or "keeping the black man down".

The statistics just don't conclude that at all. Police go and interact with communities where violent crimes are happening. When 50% of violent crimes are being committed by 12% of the population of course arrests, police shootings, etc. at going to happen at a disproportional rate to that segment of the population.

And the fact black police officers show no difference in how they handle black offenders (in fact they are quicker to shoot) also shows racism or racial bias is likely not a significant factor in police shootings at all.

I am certainly open to discuss changing police training and methods. I am certainly open to discussing "community policing". I also don't like how the court system works, the lack of public defenders (and their ineptness), and the value of money in getting out of a charge.

But policing right now is not a BLACK issue and it's not a RACE issue. And for the BLM movement to continue to play the game like it is and to deny their roll as a highly criminal community is ludicrous.

Look... it's simple. Kaepernick has every right to stand in protest in any way he sees fit, but he has to be prepared to deal with the repercussions of his protest. He's allowed to protest, people are allowed to criticize him, and people are allowed to criticize his critics. It's the American Way.

You can keep going around and around the argument, but the truth is the only people who have a say in whether he should face any employment and financial repercussions are his employer and any potential corporations who may use him in advertising.

If they have a problem with his protest, then they can act. If they don't, then there's no problem.

A much higher % of blacks are killed by cops than whites. Compare apples to apples.

A much higher percent of blacks are criminals. There's your apples to apples comparison. I know that politically incorrect, but it's also a fact.

Look... it's simple. Kaepernick has every right to stand in protest in any way he sees fit, but he has to be prepared to deal with the repercussions of his protest. He's allowed to protest, people are allowed to criticize him, and people are allowed to criticize his critics. It's the American Way.

You can keep going around and around the argument, but the truth is the only people who have a say in whether he should face any employment and financial repercussions are his employer and any potential corporations who may use him in advertising.

If they have a problem with his protest, then they can act. If they don't, then there's no problem.

But his employer is being inconsistent if not hypocritical in dealing with this.

The NFL is strict as hell on uniform rules with the reasoning being if you let players get away with something, you have to deal with each and every instance and it's a slippery slope from there. However, they let Kapernick get away with this.

What if Kapernick (or another player) decides to up his game and instead of not standing for the National Anthem, he decides to burn a flag during the National Anthem?

But his employer is being inconsistent if not hypocritical in dealing with this.

The NFL is strict as hell on uniform rules with the reasoning being if you let players get away with something, you have to deal with each and every instance and it's a slippery slope from there. However, they let Kapernick get away with this.

What if Kapernick (or another player) decides to up his game and instead of not standing for the National Anthem, he decides to burn a flag during the National Anthem?

Whether or not his employer is being hypocritical, that's not HIS problem to deal with. Hell, as Steelers fans we know all too well just how arbitrary and hypocritical the NFL can be. NFL conduct rules, the exercise of and punishment are completely in Goodell's power.

Burning the flag -- if he's on the field doing it, he can be charged for arson and vandalism. As much as the public taxes partially fund stadiums, it's owned by the local team.

A much higher percent of blacks are criminals. There's your apples to apples comparison. I know that politically incorrect, but it's also a fact.

I am not talking about blacks being killed during crimes. I am talking about all the innocent blacks who are killed while doing nothing wrong. It happens almost daily. It is wrong. Stephen A Smith almost had a gun put in his face because he asked why he was pulled over. Blacks deal with that bull **** all the time.

Whether or not his employer is being hypocritical, that's not HIS problem to deal with. Hell, as Steelers fans we know all too well just how arbitrary and hypocritical the NFL can be. NFL conduct rules, the exercise of and punishment are completely in Goodell's power.

Burning the flag -- if he's on the field doing it, he can be charged for arson and vandalism. As much as the public taxes partially fund stadiums, it's owned by the local team.

It could be his problem if the NFL decided to treat it as a violation of the code of conduct (which it could as the NFL has played the National Anthem before every game and had the players stand for it). They could tell him he can sit for it on his own time, but not as a representative of the league.

It doesn't have to be flag burning. What if he decides to yell chants or be disruptive during the Anthem. The NFL has precedent here, allowing him to get away with this might eventually bite them in the ***.

I am not talking about blacks being killed during crimes. I am talking about all the innocent blacks who are killed while doing nothing wrong. It happens almost daily. It is wrong. Stephen A Smith almost had a gun put in his face because he asked why he was pulled over. Blacks deal with that bull **** all the time.

Wait... you're saying that there's an almost daily killing of a black person by a cop? Why hasn't the news been all over this?

We just finished August -- 8 months - that would be 200+ deaths of innocent black people at the hands of the police. THAT would be cause for alarm.

It could be his problem if the NFL decided to treat it as a violation of the code of conduct (which it could as the NFL has played the National Anthem before every game and had the players stand for it). They could tell him he can sit for it on his own time, but not as a representative of the league.

It doesn't have to be flag burning. What if he decides to yell chants or be disruptive during the Anthem. The NFL has precedent here, allowing him to get away with this might eventually bite them in the ***.

Again though... that's on the NFL, not Kaepernick.

Belafonte On Kaepernick: ‘To Mute The Slave Has Always Been In The Best Interest Of Slave Owners’
http://newsone.com/3526011/belafonte-speaks-out-on-kaepernick/

"When a Black voice is raised in protest to oppression, those who are comfortable with our oppression are the first to criticize us for daring to speak out against it."

Yes, of course, that's it. Kaepernick is a slave speaking out against slave owners, but Americans are just too stoooopid to recognize that fact.

And of course, the vast majority think Kaepernick is an asswipe, not because his actions bring shame to himself and besmirch a great nation and the millions who actually RISK something by volunteering to be put in harm's way, but instead because millions upon millions of Americans - most notably troops who ******* volunteered to risk their lives for this nation - "are comfortable with oppression."

Or perhaps Occam is right, Kaepernick is a dumbfuck, and Belafonte is another millionaire "victim" who is comfortable ripping this nation because he knows his speech is protected, and who remains in the country when he has the resources to move anywhere he wants knows that no other nation is as just, fair, rewarding, and successful as the one he pretends to loathe.

**** both of them. Millionaire blowhards claiming to be victims of the nation that made them richer than they ever had any right to expect.

Again though... that's on the NFL, not Kaepernick.

I don't really care if he stands or not, however it does bother me that he thinks I (or anyone else) should care if he stands. I suspect if people failed to notice or take offense, he would have come up with some other kind of attention-getting antic. Maybe he did it because nobody noticed his socks?

Wait... you're saying that there's an almost daily killing of a black person by a cop? Why hasn't the news been all over this?

We just finished August -- 8 months - that would be 200+ deaths of innocent black people at the hands of the police. THAT would be cause for alarm.

He said INNOCENT black people murdered almost daily. I guess the MSM is burying this story.

as BAS said, it is Kaepernick's right to stand or not to stand, a right afforded to him by the very military and law enforcement and civil personnel that he disrespects by not standing.

I, for one, applaud his kneeling at the anthem. It makes a better gesture than being classlessly sitting on his ***. It's more symbolic than sitting.
Hello, Kaepernick also said that - in continuation of his response to being asked why he was not standing - that Hillary Clinton should be in jail for what she did regarding classified material in emails.

So, to me, it's not WHAT he's doing, but more HOW he's doing it.

oh, and POP can choke on a radioactive AIDs infested **** with syphillis on the tip while slipping in a grease fire.

Um no, police aren't killing innocent blacks daily...if they were you'd be hearing about it.

The black population dominate the inner cities. I bet that in Tokyo more Japanese are killed by police than white people.

Last edited: