• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So obvious, even Cam agrees.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
https://www.steelernation.com/2024/03/06/steelers-cam-heyward-big-quarterback-competition

When kiss @ss Cam agrees, you KNOW it's beyond obvious.

Cam says QB competition, a REAL one, is necessary going forward. He stresses it has to be REAL. Just going through the motions and pretending a legit QB competition is happening won't suffice, and Cam knows it. And most of us can read the tea leaves: a fake, pretend QB competition was what was on its way, with Kenny "winning" it. I even read the reports where the Steelers were not interested in QBs who thought they had a chance to win the starting job. Not interested, which would explain the team's sudden lack of interest in the big 4 FA QBs: Wilson, Cousins, Fields among them.

When Art Rooney states that he "still believes" in Kenny, we should take notice. This "QB competition" is fake. They all made sure to say (repeat after me) "QB competition" and how every position benefits from competition....yea, right.

do you like or respect anyone in the Steelers organization?
I like Watt, I like Cam the player, I like Najee Harris , Jaylen Warren, Friermuth, JPJr. , Benton, I like Pickett even if he hasnt played great. Pretty much the whole rookie class, Really like Herbig and I cheer for them all. Doesn't mean you can't be critical. And it is quite apparent Heyward is towing a company line to get his last season or two without moving. Doesn't mean he isnt a good man.

Last edited:
https://www.steelernation.com/2024/03/06/steelers-cam-heyward-big-quarterback-competition

Cam says QB competition, a REAL one, is necessary going forward. He stresses it has to be REAL. Just going through the motions and pretending a legit QB competition is happening won't suffice, and Cam knows it. And most of us can read the tea leaves: a fake, pretend QB competition was what was on its way, with Kenny "winning" it. I even read the reports where the Steelers were not interested in QBs who thought they had a chance to win the starting job. Not interested, which would explain the team's sudden lack of interest in the big 4 FA QBs: Wilson, Cousins, Fields among them.

When Art Rooney states that he "still believes" in Kenny, we should take notice. This "QB competition" is fake. They all made sure to say (repeat after me) "QB competition" and how every position benefits from competition....yea, right.
Cam has had a lot to say about things on offense this offseason, how the QB competition should be and who the OC should be among them

You’d think with how much of the cap asset expenditure goes to the D maybe he could focus on how to make that unit, his unit, better

For him being a team leader and captain I’d expect more…except the top team
leader with the shades has taught him how to lead and retain a job despite mediocrity by scapegoating others

you truly have become molded in your fearless leader's image Cam

Any wonder this organization is where it is?
Nowhere close to sniffing true relevance

Cam has had a lot to say about things on offense this offseason, how the QB competition should be and who the OC should be among them

You’d think with how much of the cap asset expenditure goes to the D maybe he could focus on how to make that unit, his unit, better

For him being a team leader and captain I’d expect more…except the top team
leader with the shades has taught him how to lead and retain a job despite mediocrity by scapegoating others

you truly have become molded in your fearless leader's image Cam

Any wonder this organization is where it is?
Nowhere close to sniffing true relevance
You speak truth and it is sad, very sad.

Players would be much better served by worrying about THEIR JOBS, and leave coaching decisions to the coaches.

Players would be much better served by worrying about THEIR JOBS, and leave coaching decisions to the coaches.
Championship teams seem to do that

Remember back when the Steelers kept in house issues in house

Aka the good old days

Aka the good old days
It's impossible to keep matters in house nowadays. Everybody has a radio show, podcast, youtube, X, Instagram, etc. And they ALL want to be "seen" so they can enhance their "brand".

Aka the good old days
But that was really before the true “look at me” social media thing took off. Under the same situation, I think it looks very similar.

Time for a "players only" meeting.

Tomlin's reaction to Cam exposing the real "Steelers Way":

I got to say, Rooney and co. are getting enough "blow back" from this charade that they may be forced to go legit on the "QB competition" after all. Maybe. If the blow back continues. Hard to say.

I got to say, Rooney and co. are getting enough "blow back" from this charade that they may be forced to go legit on the "QB competition" after all. Maybe. If the blow back continues. Hard to say.
Keep up the good work 🤣

Cam is nearing the end of his playing days. It’s the equivalent to getting old. You don’t give a **** and say what you think because eff it.

Cam is nearing the end of his playing days. It’s the equivalent to getting old. You don’t give a **** and say what you think because eff it.
Yes, but it is a change for him.