• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers VS Buffalo game thread# go Kenny!

I hope Kenny is a serviceable QB for a few years. I suggest they go all in on offensive & defensive line, build a power running game and hope a franchise QB comes available in a few years while they still have dominant line play.

This team is awful in every facet. Just embarrassing. Literally we aren’t good at one thing.
Press conferences...Tomlin says there is nothing mystical about doing them though. Just go out and buy you a thesaurus.

Love how all the Steeler defenders act like they are so upset when they dont catch an interception. Just quit whining about how you didnt catch it and effing catch the damned ball.

Diontae can catch a ball with one hand falling down, but when Kenny hits him right in his hands, he cannot catch it. That would have been a first down. But since our highest paid WR cant catch a ball when it hits him in the hands, we have to punt and yes, they score again.

Tomlin should be absolutely embarrassed. BUF is gonna hang fiddy on them in the 2nd half. Its so sad to watch our defensive linemen fight like hell to try to get to Josh Allen and they dont get anywhere close. TJ Watt's absence has eviscerated this team. Highsmith and Cam cannot beat double teams. The others cant beat single teams. Its sad.
Yes but if we can't at least put a respectable team on the field, even without Watt, that is on the coaches and ownership. Our D sucks, period. They have a long way to go and Heyward is gone in a year or two. The good thing about that is it will free up some D cap space. The entire team has 2 to 3 years of building to be truly competitive again if all goes well and Canaduh is fired. I'd fire him after this game but they will keep him at least through this year and probably longer.

Tomlin has to Tomlin.

If Roethlisberger was on this team we are 3-1 going to 3-2 but still in it. He really kept this team afloat even having such subpar coaching and game planning.
No we are not 3-1 with Ben. Ben was beyond washed LAST season, you think he'd have been any better THIS season?? A super-washed Ben no longer would have the ability to protect this team from the coaching staff's complete inability to positively affect the team

A professional football defense gave up 400 yards

I’m just found to put this out there… Trubisky wasn’t the problem.
He wasnt the biggest problem, but I am so happy that Kenny is taking his lumps now. That guy is 24 years old. I dont think we have to worry about his confidence. The person who has no confidence IS Trubisky. Its like he was playing not to lose.

Canada has got to go. We are still throwing short of the chains on 3rd down. For some reason he thinks our RB or WRs are going to turn and break off a long one. It might work in college, but not against the #1 overall defense in the league. But Canada still has them running route short of the sticks. Its just doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. INSANITY!

Canada is NOT an NFL Offensive Coordinator. He might be an okay college OC, but NFL defenses are light years ahead of him. BUT, he is a yes man to Tomlin and that is why he has his job.

Of course not. I certainly didn't think the defense would get carved up for 350 yards and 4 tds in the first half.
Without Edmunds, Witherspoon and a beat up Minkah, no Watt? I am not shocked. Edmunds is underrated. Witherspoon is good 95% of the time and Minkah healthy is Minkah. All that against the best in the league this year.

I have friend in Buffalo that are texting me now. Not **** talking though. They can see that our game plan sucked.

Of course not. I certainly didn't think the defense would get carved up for 350 yards and 4 tds in the first half.
It's honestly not that surprising against Buffalo without TJ. Remember the 2nd half of the playoff game vs KC last season.

Before the game I said to a friend that Buffalo might not punt.

Kenny just needs to complete about 50 more of these short outs and the steelers are right back in this

Just a question… going back to before Terrell Austin got his DC card pulled in Cinci, how has his defenses looked in his past say 16 games? Because iirc his D gave up nfl record yardage in his 9 games or so before he got his playcalling duties stripped

I think Kenny shows promise and agree with Romo.

No we are not 3-1 with Ben. Ben was beyond washed LAST season, you think he'd have been any better THIS season?? A super-washed Ben no longer would have the ability to protect this team from the coaching staff's complete inability to positively affect the team
Is our offensive line better or worse this year? Are our receivers better this year or last?

I don't necessarily agree that he was "washed up" but absolutely was no longer able to overcome the blatant incompetency of the coaching staff & ownership.