• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers vs Raiders Sunday Night Pregame thread

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Whelp we are on to Vegas…
This has ALL the signature signs of a loss, but lets hope against hope that it isn’t… we really need to win the next two to keep pressure on the Ratbirds going into out week 5 matchup…

The Raiders are not a good team. They have no rushing offense (worse than us) and a mediocre passing game.
Their rushing defense has been bad. Their pass D worse.
Now we are no statistical stalwarts ourselves, but we also played two teams expecting to be really good this year… and while they did play and got spanked by the Bills, they also had a close game with the Broncos, who are not going to be good at all…

Regardless we tend to struggle vs tge raiders in general, against bad teams on the road, in west coast trips, on Sunday night and in distraction games… so this game in Vegas is likely going to be problematic …

From what I am hearing......Steeler Nation is going to take over Vegas this weekend!

Look for a fairly easy Steeler Win Sunday night.

My concern is that tge Raiders have an obvious star on O and D… Devonte Adams and Maxx Crosby… so we will overfocus on shutting them down and let some scrubby mcscrubble have a career game without adjusting

Looked into going to game. Vegas an 8 hour drive for me. Flying to Pittsburgh and getting game ticket against Packers in November almost cheaper than just buying game ticket in Vegas.

From what I am hearing......Steeler Nation is going to take over Vegas this weekend!

Look for a fairly easy Steeler Win Sunday night.

Now it will probably go to overtime. Nothing is ever easy with this team.

I was waiting for someone to point out Josh Jacobs as a big threat… and maybe with our stupid runstopping scheme he will be, but the guy got close to 400 touches last season and that almost always leads to a drop in production the following season.. and that could be part of the problem they are having in the run game…

Honestly, the RB situation really is a problem in a way… i just don’t know why anyone would try to fix it when it’s so simple to just find another one to plug and play… the players want stats to get paid, but the wear and tear of overuse decimates them faster