• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Thank You Hillary For Admitting What We Know to Be Truth

You are either not paying attention or simply in denial.

Has to be not paying attention. It is universally agreed the economy is expanding.

Hell, a report out today has unemployment at 3.9%. Lowest in nearly 20 years.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...mployment-rate-hits-3-9-percent-idUSKBN1I508J

Unemployment for blacks and Hispanics is also at an all time low.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...c-unemployment-rates-hit-record-lows-in-april

You can't deny that.

This is the most bogus thing I've read.

I purchased a home in 2002 from a Bush appointed Secretary. Business is booming for these types when their party is in office. And they lose their jobs after the run is over.

Never, ever ever have I heard of logistics being affected by who's in the White House. By the economy? Sure. And I work with logistics companies - Amazon, ArcBest and JB Hunt are just a couple of those customers.

They are BOOMING with Trump in the White House.

But 83's husband is in logistics and loses his job or makes no $$ every time a Republican is in office?

Yeah. Got it.

This is the most bogus thing I've read.

I purchased a home in 2002 from a Bush appointed Secretary. Business is booming for these types when their party is in office. And they lose their jobs after the run is over.

Never, ever ever have I heard of logistics being affected by who's in the White House. By the economy? Sure. And I work with logistics companies - Amazon, ArcBest and JB Hunt are just a couple of those customers.

They are BOOMING with Trump in the White House.

But 83's husband is in logistics and loses his job or makes no $$ every time a Republican is in office?

Yeah. Got it.

You know "Tim", call it whatever your little heart desires. And you can continue to live in your "I love everything trump does without questioning it" world that you do and continue to say your key phrase "got it" all you want. What you don't get is that I truly, deep down to the very bottom of my heart don't care if you believe me or not. It has zero bearing on my life. I know my life, you don't. I know what jobs he's lost and what he's got in place of them. And I know what years those were. I know what years we were better off and others where we weren't. I can look at my taxes and see where my income was lower in some years and higher in others due to job changes. And never once did I say he was unemployed. He has always found another job, ALWAYS, no matter who the president was at the time. But I can name 2 times where his jobs were secure and great. That's all I care about. What you call BS or don't changes absolutely nothing in my personal life experiences. At all.

You know "Tim", call it whatever your little heart desires. And you can continue to live in your "I love everything trump does without questioning it" world

That's what you "think" (as you're so apt to say) and not reflective at all of my position, but "think" what you will.

I expect Trump to get the same graces prior despicable politicians have been given. He's no saint.

i.e., if he were to use a private server and transmit classified documents, I expect there should be a **** show to follow but that he too should be allowed to walk as Hillary was. Fair is fair.

What you don't get is that I truly, deep down to the very bottom of my heart don't care if you believe me or not.

I get it. I don't care either way. Whether it's you, a Liberal, a Republican, if I see things that aren't true posted, I call them out. Take that whatever way you want.

It has zero bearing on my life. I know my life, you don't. I know what jobs he's lost and what he's got in place of them. And I know what years those were. I know what years we were better off and others where we weren't. I can look at my taxes and see where my income was lower in some years and higher in others due to job changes. And never once did I say he was unemployed. He has always found another job, ALWAYS, no matter who the president was at the time. But I can name 2 times where his jobs were secure and great. That's all I care about.

And now we are back to the point.

I can't reconcile this. It makes no sense. I work with logistics companies. Logistics companies that are in this economy booming. That did well every time the economy boomed. Logistics that I've ever known or been associated with is NOT at all affected by who's in office. It's not tied to politics. It's tied to goods. Are goods being bought and sold? If so, logistics companies have a higher demand for their services. It's that simple.

So unless your husband has worked for some obscure logistics companies that only ship goods to Democratic organizations, for the life of me I can't think of a single correlation that would yield bearing to your theory.

You will take this as an attack on you personally, cuz that's what you do. I'm simply trying to understand how this story makes sense and as of yet, it simply doesn't. I'll chalk it up to coincidence.

That's what you "think" (as you're so apt to say) and not reflective at all of my position, but "think" what you will.

I expect Trump to get the same graces prior despicable politicians have been given. He's no saint.

i.e., if he were to use a private server and transmit classified documents, I expect there should be a **** show to follow but that he too should be allowed to walk as Hillary was. Fair is fair.

I get it. I don't care either way. Whether it's you, a Liberal, a Republican, if I see things that aren't true posted, I call them out. Take that whatever way you want.

And now we are back to the point.

I can't reconcile this. It makes no sense. I work with logistics companies. Logistics companies that are in this economy booming. That did well every time the economy boomed. Logistics that I've ever known or been associated with is NOT at all affected by who's in office. It's not tied to politics. It's tied to goods. Are goods being bought and sold? If so, logistics companies have a higher demand for their services. It's that simple.

So unless your husband has worked for some obscure logistics companies that only ship goods to Democratic organizations, for the life of me I can't think of a single correlation that would yield bearing to your theory.

You will take this as an attack on you personally, cuz that's what you do. I'm simply trying to understand how this story makes sense and as of yet, it simply doesn't. I'll chalk it up to coincidence.

I am not taking this as a personal attack at all because honestly I've had a good conversation with you not that long ago. You listened to me and were open to my opinions, so no, I don't take it personally. But yes I do feel like I'm on the defense when being questioned about what I've experienced personally. I know I don't have to share those stories, but I thought it might open up conversation since I'm openly not a republican. Here's what might make more sense to you. My husband never worked for one of those big corps. Maybe if he had, he wouldn't have ever been laid off. He worked for local smaller companies, one which closed up not too long ago (the one he had where 13 lost their jobs), and one he lost in 10/17 along with 4 others. That company isn't so small, no ma and pa company, but big enough, a petroleum company in the heart of "trumpland." I would have never thought that one would be in trouble, but it is. And I agree it's an economy situation, but doesn't the economy go hand in hand with who's the president at the time? If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but maybe you're right...maybe it's just coincidence. Maybe it's because these weren't the bigger corporations. I have no idea. But I can't help myself to look at the jobs he had, with smaller companies, that he was at for years and years one closed and one on the brink. Even a coincidence can jade a person.

I am not taking this as a personal attack at all because honestly I've had a good conversation with you not that long ago. You listened to me and were open to my opinions, so no, I don't take it personally. But yes I do feel like I'm on the defense when being questioned about what I've experienced personally. I know I don't have to share those stories, but I thought it might open up conversation since I'm openly not a republican. Here's what might make more sense to you. My husband never worked for one of those big corps. Maybe if he had, he wouldn't have ever been laid off. He worked for local smaller companies, one which closed up not too long ago (the one he had where 13 lost their jobs), and one he lost in 10/17 along with 4 others. That company isn't so small, no ma and pa company, but big enough, a petroleum company in the heart of "trumpland." I would have never thought that one would be in trouble, but it is. And I agree it's an economy situation, but doesn't the economy go hand in hand with who's the president at the time? If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but maybe you're right...maybe it's just coincidence. Maybe it's because these weren't the bigger corporations. I have no idea. But I can't help myself to look at the jobs he had, with smaller companies, that he was at for years and years one closed and one on the brink. Even a coincidence can jade a person

We had booming economies under Reagan, Bill Clinton and now under Trump.

So no, it's not correlated to who's in office (my opinion) it's correlated to the strength of the economy at the time. Both Dems and Republicans have led strong economies.

So no, it's not correlated to who's in office (my opinion) it's correlated to the strength of the economy at the time. Both Dems and Republicans have led strong economies.

Presidents always take responsibility for the economy when it's good, and the people blame him when it is bad. Presidents can affect the economy with their economic plans and spending, but unless you follow the money, you don't see that, most people just see the effect.

83, perhaps those companies were not run properly. Even in a strong economy some businesses fail for a variety of reasons. It's survival of the fittest. Maybe he needs to change careers. There is a massive shortage of tank truck drivers. If he got a CDL he could make over $100K year plus a $10K sign on bonus. That is what our main trucking company has been offering for months and they can't hire anyone. They have the spare trucks but no one to drive them.

Presidents always take responsibility for the economy when it's good, and the people blame him when it is bad. Presidents can affect the economy with their economic plans and spending, but unless you follow the money, you don't see that, most people just see the effect.

Obama blamed Bush for 8 years and made it even worse the whole time (doubling our debt). Trump rightfully blamed Obama and then took the necessary steps to turn it around.

Just because B follows A doesn’t necessarily mean that A caused B. In my case I had some great years under Boosh, then the recession started under him, got worse under Bomma, but He didn’t do anything to fix it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

He's an office manager in logistics. But if he wanted to be a political consultant for the democratic party, I would support that too.

Does he order you to vote a certain way like Republican husbands do?

Hilarious!

DcnGlI1VQAAUm9x.jpg