• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Hypocrisy of Hollywood

I've always thought Garrison Keillor and Al Franken are the same person. Both libs, both ugly as ****, both wear stupid looking glasses, both from Minnesota....never in a picture together.

I've always thought Garrison Keillor and Al Franken are the same person. Both libs, both ugly as ****, both wear stupid looking glasses, both from Minnesota....never in a picture together.

Both call themselves comedians, neither is funny at all....the list goes on...

more!
NPR Top News Editor David Sweeney Out over Sexual Harassment Accusations

David Sweeney, National Public Radio’s (NPR) chief news editor, left the taxpayer-funded outlet Tuesday after a third female journalist accused him of inappropriate behavior. According to NPR’s own reporting, an anonymous former NPR employee accused Sweeney of “unexpectedly kissing” her after he asked her to pull over a car they were driving on assignment

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...or-sweeney-out-sexual-harassment-accusations/

So with this Sweeney fella...by reading the article it appears he was fired for harassment because he "unexpectedly" kissed two women on separate occasions several years ago. What if he's just really ******* bad at reading women's non verbal cues? Not trying to be an ******* here.....but when you go in for that first kiss with somebody they don't exactly put up a flashing neon sign that says KISS ME. Isn't the first kiss always kind of a huge leap of faith with your fingers crossed?

I know that with all my first kisses I had in my life, when I leaned in and made that leap my only thought was "Please for the love of God kiss me back" If this guy is just plain lousy at reading women he may have thought he was good to go and misjudged. Now he's without a job and won't work in the field again most likely. I don't like feeling this way about harassment issues but I'm getting pretty creeped out by some of this stuff folks. Some of this stuff is so goddamn subjective that it's scary.

Last edited:
Pam said no to Jim and he kissed her anyway. People thought that was incredibly romantic.

Keith Olbermann, who never met a Conservative he didn't want to go zombie on, suddenly announced that he is "retiring" from political commentary. 5...4...3...2...1....

Ron Burgundy is shocked at the continuing exposure of sexual harassment in the news industry.

So with this Sweeney fella...by reading the article it appears he was fired for harassment because he "unexpectedly" kissed two women on separate occasions several years ago. What if he's just really ******* bad at reading women's non verbal cues? Not trying to be an ******* here.....but when you go in for that first kiss with somebody they don't exactly put up a flashing neon sign that says KISS ME. Isn't the first kiss always kind of a huge leap of faith with your fingers crossed?

I know that with all my first kisses I had in my life, when I leaned in and made that leap my only thought was "Please for the love of God kiss me back" If this guy is just plain lousy at reading women he may have thought he was good to go and misjudged. Now he's without a job and won't work in the field again most likely. I don't like feeling this way about harassment issues but I'm getting pretty creeped out by some of this stuff folks. Some of this stuff is so goddamn subjective that it's scary.

it's always best to go in like you're going to kiss them, then pull back and apologize for over-stepping your bounds, grovel at her feet and beg to not be slapped with a restraining order and have your balls snipped off.
/ National Organization of Women

It just doesn't get any better than this!

hahahahahahahaha

Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey Storm Al Franken’s Office Demanding His Resignation

How exactly do you "unexpectedly kiss" someone?

I think this is a long term plan by the left. Men will be afraid to even look a woman in the eyes, and the population growth rate will drop to zero and eventually the human race will be extinct.

Planet Earth will be saved!

Jim Clyburn thinks politicians should be held to a different standard than Hollywood folks in regards to sexual allegations, and since white women are the only ones accusing John Conyers of sexual harassment/assault, they shouldn't be believed. Because Susan Smith.

http://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article187166378.html

In a video posted on Twitter, the 77-year-old Clyburn is walking to an elevator with Congressional Black Caucus chairman Cedric Richmond (D-La.), when asked “Other men in other industries have faced similar accusations … and gotten out of the way, resign, stepped down, far faster than he has, right … Harvey Weinstein, Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer?”

Clyburn’s response, “Who elected them?”

“James Clyburn compared Conyers’ accusers to the child murderer Susan Smith, who initially claimed a black man had abducted her kids. Clyburn said, these are all white women who’ve made these charges against Conyers,” Robert Draper tweeted.

I really don't think it's as complicated as some men make it out to be.

So, you are interested in a co-worker? Fine. Try telling her you're interested and asking her out on a date first. See what she says. Don't just lean in and kiss her, especially when you're actually at work. The whole "how was I supposed to know she's not interested?" is kind of silly. It's easy. Ask her.

Now a simple quiz. Which is an inappropriate way to express interest in a co-worker?

A) Would you be interested in getting together outside of work sometime?
B) Would you have dinner with me sometime?
C) Want to stop by Joe's Bar after work for a drink?
D) (Call her into your office, drop your pants and show her your dick)

Which compliment is not work-appropriate?

A) You look nice today
B) That color looks good on you
C) I like your new haircut
D) Your *** looks fine in that skirt

See? Really not so hard.

I really don't think it's as complicated as some men make it out to be.

So, you are interested in a co-worker? Fine. Try telling her you're interested and asking her out on a date first. See what she says. Don't just lean in and kiss her, especially when you're actually at work. The whole "how was I supposed to know she's not interested?" is kind of silly. It's easy. Ask her.

Now a simple quiz. Which is an inappropriate way to express interest in a co-worker?

A) Would you be interested in getting together outside of work sometime?
B) Would you have dinner with me sometime?
C) Want to stop by Joe's Bar after work for a drink?
D) (Call her into your office, drop your pants and show her your dick)

Which compliment is not work-appropriate?

A) You look nice today
B) That color looks good on you
C) I like your new haircut
D) Your *** looks fine in that skirt

See? Really not so hard.

Of course it isn't hard, you made both correct answers "D"...

just told the sales chick I work with "with as much deep respect as you deserve as a strong, beautiful woman, I would like to do things to you that would make Matt Lauer blush."

somehow i'm not in HR.

just told the sales chick I work with "with as much deep respect as you deserve as a strong, beautiful woman, I would like to do things to you that would make Matt Lauer blush."

somehow i'm not in HR.

You easily could be. Maybe she finds it funny. Maybe she laughs and pretends that it doesn't make her uncomfortable. I think every woman has done that at times. No one wants to be seen as the office prude.

Last year a tennis pro at a lesson asked me if me boobs are real. I nervously laughed and said yes. He probably thought I was fine with it, maybe even flattered given that I'm a 50 year old woman and he's a young attractive man. It wasn't flattering, just awkward and embarrassing.

Did I do anything about it? No. Most women have dealt with stuff like this their entire lives. You get used to it. I'm hoping some of what's going on will make things less awkward and humiliating for my daughters when they enter the workplace.

You easily could be. Maybe she finds it funny. Maybe she laughs and pretends that it doesn't make her uncomfortable. I think every woman has done that at times. No one wants to be seen as the office prude.

Last year a tennis pro at a lesson asked me if me boobs are real. I nervously laughed and said yes. He probably thought I was fine with it, maybe even flattered given that I'm a 50 year old woman and he's a young attractive man. It wasn't flattering, just awkward and embarrassing.

Did I do anything about it? No. Most women have dealt with stuff like this their entire lives. You get used to it. I'm hoping some of what's going on will make things less awkward and humiliating for my daughters when they enter the workplace.

she finds it funny. she's no prude.
she ******* about the fake bullshit being perpetrated in the media and sees REAL harrassment for what it is.

she finds it funny. she's no prude.
she ******* about the fake bullshit being perpetrated in the media and sees REAL harrassment for what it is.

Yeah, I mean you have to know your audience of course but would you want some old man saying something like that to your daughter at her job? You'd be ok with that? I wouldn't, and I'm no prude.