• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Hypocrisy of Hollywood

Hell that's all anybody wanted the last election. NO MORE established political hacks with their pockets full of handouts in exchange for votes. Both parties needed fresh faces and still do. I absolutely still see Trump as the necessary means to that end. He HAD to get elected in order to send the message of just how pissed off and fed up Americans are with the same old bullshit in Washington. As far as I'm concerned it'a already mission accomplished. Politicians will have to get real now and cannot afford to say **** you to large swaths of voters (i.e. Middle class people in flyover country....aka The Deplorables) without knowing they will be mortally hurt by it in the polls. For all Trump's faults...and he has a good deal of them, it was of the utmost importance that he beat Hillary. It changes everything from now on IMO.

Judge Moore is up by 5 points in Alabama.

many current, non-partisan Trump supporters will happily vote for him, as opposed to a woman or a minority. The race/gender issue won't be in play,

The thing you liberals don't get, is that, for the vast majority of us, these two "issues" aren't ever, really, "in play"

well, i guess it is one of the things you don't get.

conyers.jpg

He’s got coke nose.

Rep. John Conyers flew home to Detroit tonight, even though the House is in session all this week.

No official word yet, but there's mounting evidence on the Hill that Conyers is preparing to resign.

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie...s://www.democraticunderground.com/10029897409

WINNING!

The thing you liberals don't get, is that, for the vast majority of us, these two "issues" aren't ever, really, "in play"

Ever! It's the quality of the person. Do we stand for the same things? The liberals have purchased the same lie that's been told for 50+ years. That's pretty clear with all of the stupid **** they say on tv.

Since this whole thing started I've been wondering when Matt Lauer would go down. I have a friend in NY who was in the same circles as his wife, it's been an open secret for years that he's a total pig with women as well as a real ******* in general. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

What a bunch of sick *****. Celebrity is a disease.

Since this whole thing started I've been wondering when Matt Lauer would go down. I have a friend in NY who was in the same circles as his wife, it's been an open secret for years that he's a total pig with women as well as a real ******* in general. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
The shocking part of these stories is how many knew of this behavior, yet did nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

The shocking part of these stories is how many knew of this behavior, yet did nothing.

Exactly. Who is more disgusting? The sexual predator or the person that knew and did nothing? Amazing what people will do for power, fame and money.

Yeah I mean if friends of his wife's friends know you can be damn sure people he worked with know. Hard to imagine why they would keep that kind of liability around, but they will pay for it big time now.

I've never been a fan of Matt. The only thing worthwhile that he's ever done was when he grilled Hilldabitch about the emails.

Exactly. Who is more disgusting? The sexual predator or the person that knew and did nothing? Amazing what people will do for power, fame and money.

The people who know and do nothing are just as bad.

I wonder if Megan Kelly is the accuser. Is wrong to kind of hope that he raped Savannah, that *****? Asking for a friend...

Ha ha ha!!!

President Trump reacted to the news on Twitter.

“Wow, Matt Lauer was just fired from NBC for ‘inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.’ But when will the top executives at NBC & Comcast be fired for putting out so much Fake News. Check out Andy Lack’s past!”

Define “knew” and what were they to do? A victim doesn’t come forward at the time of the assault or harassment so there’s a witch hunt for people that “knew”. Unless you are witness to something, there’s not much you can do.

Define “knew” and what were they to do? A victim doesn’t come forward at the time of the assault or harassment so there’s a witch hunt for people that “knew”. Unless you are witness to something, there’s not much you can do.

Agree. There is nothing illegal about being an *******. And the only person who can file a sexual harassment charge is the victim. The most good people are willing to do is support the victim and tell the truth if asked about incidents.

Sexual harassment is not a crime. It is only in civil court (which deals only in money) that these types of situations are resolved and only then if you can really prove there is "damages". So every business has to decide if the money is worth keeping the ******** around.

It's very difficult legal ground here. The accused do have rights. And I think we are all struggling a bit as a country to decide how we want this stuff to play out in the future. I think we all want better ability for victims to communicate their grievances. And we all want serial harassers to pay steep penalties professionally. But we also don't want the ability of false accusations to just be a death sentence without some degree of due process.

What all these "stories" have shown is that the era of non disclosure payoffs and hiding serial offenders behind legal roadblocks is likely going to come to an end, somehow, someway.

Agree. There is nothing illegal about being an *******. And the only person who can file a sexual harassment charge is the victim.

Employees can sue for sexual harassment where the employee was not a "direct victim." The conduct giving rise to the claim needs to be worse than for a "direct victim," as it must be severe or pervasive, i.e., the type which no reasonable person could be expected to face at work, and which adversely affects the employee's ability to do his or her job.

For a direct victim, the standard is the lower "severe or pervasive," with no requirement that the conduct adversely affected the employee's ability to do his or her job.

What all these "stories" have shown is that the era of non disclosure payoffs and hiding serial offenders behind legal roadblocks is likely going to come to an end, somehow, someway.

Highly unlikely, del. Every employer that pays money to settle a claim - sexual harassment, employment discrimination, retaliation, etc. - includes a confidentiality clause in its settlement agreement. The ONLY exception I have encountered is a public entity employer, which cannot have a confidentiality clause since the money being spent is taxpayer money, and the governmental entity has no right to demand secrecy as to how it is spending taxpayer money.

Highly unlikely, del. Every employer that pays money to settle a claim - sexual harassment, employment discrimination, retaliation, etc. - includes a confidentiality clause in its settlement agreement. The ONLY exception I have encountered is a public entity employer, which cannot have a confidentiality clause since the money being spent is taxpayer money, and the governmental entity has no right to demand secrecy as to how it is spending taxpayer money.

And yet our government has spent 17 million of taxpayer dollars settling these types of suits against members of congress? How many of them have been outed? Drain the swamp indeed.

I agree that you have to be careful about saying that everybody knew in these situations. There’s a big leap between thinking somebody is a jerk and knowing that he’s actually crossing the line.

I don’t want to see this go the other way to where a guy is dragged down to HR and reprimanded because he asked a woman for a date.

The bottom line is this all comes down to victims coming forward. If they are not reporting these issues then how are you supposed to blame somebody who heard a rumor about it to come forward?

And yet our government has spent 17 million of taxpayer dollars settling these types of suits against members of congress? How many of them have been outed? Drain the swamp indeed.

The fact that list of names hasn’t leaked out makes me think it’s 90% Democrat names.

They made fun of Mike Pence when it came out that he never meets with a woman alone. He looks like a genius now. At this point, i think anybody in any position of power is crazy to not do something along those lines.