• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Hypocrisy of Hollywood

Yeah, I mean you have to know your audience of course but would you want some old man saying something like that to your daughter at her job? You'd be ok with that? I wouldn't, and I'm no prude.

oh, absolutely not.
but, it does show that not all sexual harrassment is indeed and without question sexual harrassment. some of it is sarcastic bullshit bandied about between two people who are just ******* around with each other.

oh, absolutely not.
but, it does show that not all sexual harrassment is indeed and without question sexual harrassment. some of it is sarcastic bullshit bandied about between two people who are just ******* around with each other.

If that woman decided to go to HR with that comment, I believe it would indeed qualify as sexual harassment. if there was a pattern of comments like that, even more so. Obviously you feel you know her well enough to know for certain she would never do that, I don't think most people can say that about every co-worker they come across.

no doubt.

i have another co-worker that i won't say anything more than hello to ... she'd be the type to do some **** like that.

If that woman decided to go to HR with that comment, I believe it would indeed qualify as sexual harassment. if there was a pattern of comments like that, even more so. Obviously you feel you know her well enough to know for certain she would never do that, I don't think most people can say that about every co-worker they come across.

In the Army, and thus by extension its civilian workforce, it doesn't have to be the person on the receiving end of the comment. If a third person overhears it, they can report it. And in this climate, accusations seem to be enough.

.Did I do anything about it? No. Most women have dealt with stuff like this their entire lives. You get used to it. I'm hoping some of what's going on will make things less awkward and humiliating for my daughters when they enter the workplace.

And while it was inappropriate, you were not scarred for life by the comment. Some women want to make those situations a lot more than they are.

In the Army, and thus by extension its civilian workforce, it doesn't have to be the person on the receiving end of the comment. If a third person overhears it, they can report it. And in this climate, accusations seem to be enough.

Of course. Incidentally the tennis pro I was referring to was eventually fired. Apparently said some inappropriate stuff to other women and they reported him to the club management. One of the women in question had heard what he said to me and was appalled by it, so I wonder if she included it in her report. He had a wife and new baby so I felt bad that he lost his job over it. But from what I understand he'd already been warned by the head pro to tone it down on a couple of occasions.

And while it was inappropriate, you were not scarred for life by the comment. Some women want to make those situations a lot more than they are.

No, I wasn't scarred for life. I was embarrassed to be around him after that though. Apparently others were too. Although of course some women seem to revel in that kind of attention.

I wonder if that police officer is still scarred from that time when Mel Gibson called her Sugar ****. To this day that is still one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

I really don't think it's as complicated as some men make it out to be.

So, you are interested in a co-worker? Fine. Try telling her you're interested and asking her out on a date first. See what she says. Don't just lean in and kiss her, especially when you're actually at work. The whole "how was I supposed to know she's not interested?" is kind of silly. It's easy. Ask her.

Now a simple quiz. Which is an inappropriate way to express interest in a co-worker?

A) Would you be interested in getting together outside of work sometime?
B) Would you have dinner with me sometime?
C) Want to stop by Joe's Bar after work for a drink?
D) (Call her into your office, drop your pants and show her your dick)

Which compliment is not work-appropriate?

A) You look nice today
B) That color looks good on you
C) I like your new haircut
D) Your *** looks fine in that skirt

See? Really not so hard.

If I could send you a link from the last training session we had on the matter, every one of those would be considered inappropriate by my company.... and it wouldn't matter if it was ok with the person you were talking to, someone else could overhear and report you.... its gone beyond what would logically be harassment because companies don't want to have any grey area...

If I could send you a link from the last training session we had on the matter, every one of those would be considered inappropriate by my company.... and it wouldn't matter if it was ok with the person you were talking to, someone else could overhear and report you.... its gone beyond what would logically be harassment because companies don't want to have any grey area...

I know some companies do have strict policies about dating co-workers.

In any case, whatever your company's policy I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a harassment lawsuit based solely on "you look nice" or "want to go for drinks". Most of the cases we are reading about involve MUCH more egregious behavior, yet some men act like just smiling at a woman or saying hello is now enough to get you into serious trouble. That's disingenuous.

I know some companies do have strict policies about dating co-workers.

In any case, whatever your company's policy I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a harassment lawsuit based solely on "you look nice" or "want to go for drinks". Most of the cases we are reading about involve MUCH more egregious behavior, yet some men act like just smiling at a woman or saying hello is now enough to get you into serious trouble. That's disingenuous.

Matt Lauer had a secret button under his desk that electronically locked his office door.

One of my Down's kiddos who graduated 2 years ago was in a vocational training program last year. He was a stockboy at a grocery store. Did EXCELLENT work- was careful, did his job, was always happy. The store was ready to hire him upon completion.....EXCEPT.....he told a coworker that he thought she was cute and she reported it to HR. Kiddo meant nothing by it except what it meant. That he thought she was cute. He obviously couldn't take her out on a date, and never said anything inappropriate. Down's kids/adults have no filter, so they say what's on their minds. So because of that comment, he was not hired, and almost kicked out of the vocational program.

My question is what kind of ******* ***** reports a 20 year old with Down's Syndrome to a manager for harrassment????

My question is what kind of ******* ***** reports a 20 year old with Down's Syndrome to a manager for harrassment????

The new wave feminazis and womyns studies majors. That's why they're eating their own instead of shutting up when the offender is a Democrat with the "right" positions on the issues. It's not big picture any more like it was back in the Bill Clinton days. Best part is that the Libs created this monster.

One of my Down's kiddos who graduated 2 years ago was in a vocational training program last year. He was a stockboy at a grocery store. Did EXCELLENT work- was careful, did his job, was always happy. The store was ready to hire him upon completion.....EXCEPT.....he told a coworker that he thought she was cute and she reported it to HR. Kiddo meant nothing by it except what it meant. That he thought she was cute. He obviously couldn't take her out on a date, and never said anything inappropriate. Down's kids/adults have no filter, so they say what's on their minds. So because of that comment, he was not hired, and almost kicked out of the vocational program.

What kind of store would not hire him because of that too? Sad.

BAM!

Ryan: Conyers Should 'Resign Immediately' Amid Misconduct Claims

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) on Thursday said Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) should step down “immediately” amid allegations of sexual misconduct by former staffers.

“I think he should resign. I think he should resign immediately,” Ryan said during his weekly news conference. “I’ve just been briefed on the torrent of allegations, and I think he should.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/paul-ryan-says-john-conyers-should-resign-immediately

------------------------

POW!

Pelosi calls on Conyers to resign

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) called on Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) to resign in the face of multiple sexual harassment allegations against the 88-year-old lawmaker.

"I pray for Congressman Conyers and his family and wish them well," Pelosi told reporters. "However, Congressman Conyers should resign."

Conyers left Washington on Tuesday following a meeting with Congressional Black Caucus members about his future

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/30/pelosi-calls-on-conyers-to-resign-270513

----------------------------

ZAP!

The growing push for John Conyers to resign, but not Al Franken, has some claiming racial bias

The racial dynamics of the sexual harassment allegations against Congress' longest-serving member are causing division within the Democratic Party.

The congressman's attorney told CNN that Pelosi has to "explain what the discernible difference between Congressman Conyers and Sen. Al Franken is."

Conyers's district is predominantly black and includes large portions of Detroit. Franken, who has been accused of sexual misconduct by at least five women, represents constituents in Minnesota who are overwhelmingly white.

On Tuesday, Rep. Cedric L. Richmond (D-La.), the CBC chair, called for the need for equal treatment across the board

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

-------------------------

BOOM!

Hining under the sheets!

John Conyers Hospitalized For Stress-Related Illness Amid Sex Scandal

DETROIT (WWJ/AP) – Congressman John Conyers has been hospitalized for a stress-related illness.

Family spokesperson Sam Riddle confirmed Thursday morning that the 88-year-old Conyers is seeking treatment at a local hospital. Riddle declined to detail exactly what Conyers is suffering from, but he told TV reporters it was stress-related.

Conyers, the longest-serving member of the U.S. House, is currently embroiled in a scandal after being accused of sexual misconduct by several former female staff members.

---------------------------

SMACK!

House Dems Weigh Further Punishment For Conyers If He Refuses To Resign

Each member of House Democratic leadership called on Thursday for the resignation of the chamber’s longest serving member, Rep John Conyers (D-MI), more than a week after it was revealed that the Michigan Democrat had paid settlements in sexual harassment disputes.

The calls, which started with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), bring to a crest days of private efforts to oust Conyers from Congress. Aides say that party leadership has been working with members of the Congressional Black Caucus since last week to, as one senior Democrat put it, “get rid of him altogether.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/house...unishment-for-conyers-if-he-refuses-to-resign

----------------------------

WOOT!

New England Elected Official Says Al Franken Tried to Give Her A 'Wet, Open-Mouthed Kiss' Onstage

A former elected official in New England who has requested anonymity tells Jezebel that Al Franken attempted to give her a “wet, open-mouthed kiss” onstage at an event in 2006, shortly before he ran for Senate. The woman says the encounter left her “stunned and incredulous.”

https://theslot.jezebel.com/new-england-elected-official-says-al-franken-tried-to-g-1820849687

Last edited:
Geraldo Rivera rocking the Sex Panther to reel in Bette Midler.

24294189_10209984497801999_8684402689469139576_n.jpg

BREAKING NEWS ALERT!

Sea Level Expected To Rise Hundreds Of Feet Due To Sweat From Celebrities Waiting To Be Outed As Perverts

U.S.—Stunned meteorologists reported that the sea level has risen an astonishing 300 feet overnight, as the sweat from celebrities trying to cover up their sexual harassment scandals rained down “in buckets.”

Vast swathes of the United States are now entirely underwater, including major coastal cities and regions, as the investigations into various celebrities and TV personalities continue.

“This is a worldwide disaster,” one NBC News anchor (not Matt Lauer) said. “We saw an uptick when Harvey Weinstein’s deviant behavior came to light, but when it became clear the revelations wouldn’t be slowing down anytime soon, celebrities and otherwise powerful individuals all across the nation began sweating profusely.”

seas-696x394.png

http://babylonbee.com/news/sea-leve...due-sweat-celebrities-waiting-outed-perverts/

We have a saying in my neighborhood for females like that.

"**** that *****!"

Frickin dude worked his *** off, made a comment, and some hardcore femiNazi damn near ruins him. Smh.

drum roll please!

Now we have Dem Blacks vs Feminists. What could be better?

ha ha

Muh Legacy!

Clyburn: Charges against Conyers might be false because all complaining women are white

AP_16197589982693_c0-217-5184-3239_s885x516.jpg

Rep. James E. Clyburn, South Carolina Democrat, made the purported remarks Wednesday at a meeting of the House Democratic Caucus, according to Robert Draper, a reporter for New York Times Magazine and National Geographic.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/29/james-clyburn-charges-john-conyers-might-be-false-/

drum roll please!

Now we have Dem Blacks vs Feminists. What could be better?

ha ha

Muh Legacy!

Clyburn: Charges against Conyers might be false because all complaining women are white

Rep. James E. Clyburn, South Carolina Democrat, made the purported remarks Wednesday at a meeting of the House Democratic Caucus, according to Robert Draper, a reporter for New York Times Magazine and National Geographic.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/29/james-clyburn-charges-john-conyers-might-be-false-/

a5rf0wu.gif

uio8Cxf.gif

Soooooo. Let me get this straight. The perv has a taste for white women, and is now claiming racism? Can one get more despicable?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

We have a saying in my neighborhood for females like that.

"**** that *****!"

Frickin dude worked his *** off, made a comment, and some hardcore femiNazi damn near ruins him. Smh.

Right? I GET that everyone has to be extra careful now. But kiddo didn't understand WHY he couldn't say that if he thought it was true. (Please no retard jokes.....you guys GET what I am saying). It's clear that it was a harmless comment, Heck- he would tell my daughter that she was pretty all the time in school. My only guess is that the woman is afraid of Downs people- that she hadn't been exposed to them and doesn't understand them.