• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Hypocrisy of Hollywood

BOOM!

Al Franken Announces He Will Resign

"I am announcing that in the coming weeks I will be resigning as a member of the United States Senate," Franken said in an emotional address

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/politics/al-franken-resignation-decision/index.html

----------------------------------

screen-shot-2016-12-25-at-13.07.11.png

Doesn't really matter to us because he will be replaced with another Dem vote.

Bullshit - it will be an open seat in 2018, fertile ground for the TRUMP REVOLUTION!

White rural Minnesota?

TRUMP COUNTRY!

Minnesota’s Not As Blue As It Seems

The not-so-great news for Minnesota Democrats is that the state has become redder since 2006. Really, Minnesota is a purple state. Hillary Clinton beat President Trump by only 1.5 points in Minnesota — less than her 2.1-point margin in the national popular vote.

Ultimately, we’ll need to see which candidates both Democrats and Republicans run in Minnesota to fully grasp each side’s chances. Candidate quality still matters in Senate election

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...-seat-but-minnesotas-not-as-blue-as-it-seems/

--------------------------------------------------------

TURNING BLUE STATES RED!

Libtard wars!

hahahahahah - 'Progressives' vs Democrat firsters

Their world has done blown completely up, Dems are finishied

"I'm ashamed that so many 'liberals' decry holding sexual harassers like Al Franken accountable"

"The hypocrisy I’ve seen within the progressive community—particularly on this site—makes me sick. I’ve seen many people feign a moral superiority over conservatives openly supporting sexual predators like Trump and Roy Moore. But the “progressives” fighting tooth and nail to defend Al Franken (and throw all survivors under the bus as a result)? You’re no better than them.

Don’t be mad that Al Franken is resigning. Be mad that Franken is a groper and his behavior led to this ouster in the first place. If he didn’t grope women we wouldn’t be having this conversation. He wouldn’t have to resign. This is women’s real lives and trauma at stake. We can’t have a just society if we allow leaders who harm women with impunity to stay in power.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...-sexual-harassers-like-Al-Franken-accountable

DEMOCRATS UNITED!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

RESIGN!

dem_senators_franken_resign_webtag.jpg

That is literally the worst bunch of asshats I've ever seen in one picture.

I actually am one of the few republicans that think Franken shouldn't resign/quit. I think it's kind of bogus. I'm sure the guy's a jerk to women, but if that is the litmus test for being a Senator, then half of them should resign (as should our President likely). I've reconciled the idea that you don't have to be the most morally righteous person in the world to be a representative of the people. If we all want to take the democrats at their word in 1996, then being an ******* doesn't effect the ability to "govern".

I'm a little scared at the turn this has taken right now with the power of "accusation". I'm not saying the pendulum didn't need to swing the other way a bit in the sexual harassment/sexual assault power struggle. But I think we are very close to the pendulum swinging too far in the power of the accuser. We shall see how this all plays out.

WHAT????????

NOBODY IS COMMENTING ON AL ******* FRANKEN GETTING SHITCANNED?

ONE YEAR INTO HIS 6 YEAR TERM IN THE SENATE?????

**** CONSERVATISM! THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED UNDER THE GOPe

GET DOWN ON YOUR ******* KNEES AND BOW TO TRUMP!!!!

The progressive boards are a hoot!

All day i've felt bad, crying off and on.I was going to buy Franken's latest book but now I'm too sad. Curling up in a ball and crying several times. Trump is winning and the democrats are doing everything they can to self-destruct and enable it.

It's was so horrifying to watch, I can't sleep, I just saw Tweeden on TV, felt nauseated.I'm not only not proud to be a Democrat today, I'm not sure I AM one any longer.

I give up. We are shattered now Our Democratic leadership has failed us. It's pretty hopeless right now. Haven't felt this bad since Trump won.

I've been walking in circles for the last hour. Really don't know whether to cry or scream, I’ve been a registered Democrat for 48 years, and things have never looked as bleak as they do right now. I no longer have faith in my party. Franken was 'thrown under the bus' by dems.

Democrats just opened themselves up to lose both in 2018 and 2020. Just. Too. Damn. Disgusted. To. Bother. Republicans stick together. Democrats run away with their tails between their legs as soon as there's a sign of trouble.

We are ******. Thoroughly. I’ve been a registered, voting and donating Democrat since 1971. I’m about done, I have no fight left in me. I am sick to my stomach..

gettyimages-678672772.jpg

Franken's exit hands Dems another 2018 electoral headache

ST. PAUL, Minn. — Sen. Al Franken's announcement Thursday that he will resign sets off a scramble toward a special election in 2018 to finish the Minnesota Democrat's term, with former governor and one-time presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty seen as a top possibility for Republicans to cash in an unforeseen pickup chance.

Franken's departure is a headache for Democrats, exposing another seat in a midterm election that already had them defending two dozen incumbents.

Republicans are eager to recapture a seat that Franken won in 2008 by a tiny margin and only after a monthslong recount

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ral-headache/ar-BBGm3ke?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=edgsp

18erpzpga8wjujpg.jpg

One of my MN friends actually cried yesterday when Franken resigned. No, she's not a millenial. She's a 65 year old grandma. Said it was the worst thing to happen to the country. On sceond thought.....can snowflakes be old?

Speculation has it that Frankenstein is waiting for the results of the Alabama election, and will refuse to step down if Roy Moore is elected. Virtue signaling, Washington style.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Make that 26 out of 35 seats up for election in 2018 are currently held by democrats. They have to hold them ALL and flip 3 of 9 Republican seats in order to win back the Senate.

House races are always trickier to predict. The Republicans are currently up 240 to 193 (2 vacant). They need to flip 22 seats to win the House. The fact it is a mid-term election helps the Republicans. The economy is good. The gerrymandering of 2010 helps the Republicans.

In the mid-term 2006 election, Democrats flipped 31 seats so I guess it is doable. And traditionally, sitting Presidents lose spots in their first mid-term election (only George W. Bush gained house seats in his first mid-term election back to and including Reagan in 1982).

I suspect the House will be much closer. Maybe even 50-50 or close to it. Just seems like there's some pull that direction but not like 2006.

Just wanted to add an unofficial list of the accused to this thread. Interesting, is it not, how the Party for Women's Rights actually treats women?

Liberals/Democrats accused:

- Matt Lauer - NBC Host
- Garrison Keillor - NPR and author
- Kevin Spacey - actor
- Harold Ford Jr. - former Democratic Rep., Wall Street employee
- Jeremy Piven - actor/producer
- Jeffrey Tambor - actor
- Andy Dick - actor
- Louis C.K. - comedian
- James Toback - hollywood writer/director
- Harvey Weinstein - Producer
- Mark Halperin - NBC political commentator
- Al Franken - US Senator
- John Conyers - Democratic Congressman
- Russel Simmons - hip hop mogul
- Brett Ratnern - director/producer
- Glenn Thrush - NY Times reporter
- George Takei - actor
- Sylvester Stallone - actor (who defended Bill Clinton during his sexual scandals)
- Charlie Rose - TV journalist
- John Lasseter - CCO of Pixar Studios
- Andrew Kreisberg - hollywood producer
- Nick Carter - Back Street Boys member
- Danny Masterson - actor
- Dylan Howard - Editor

Conservatives/Republicans accused:
- Roy Moore - Senate Candidate
- George H.W. Bush - former US President

Unknown Political Affiliation

- Jameis Winston - NFL Football player

Just wanted to add an unofficial list of the accused to this thread. Interesting, is it not, how the Party for Women's Rights actually treats women?

- Matt Lauer - NBC Host
- Kevin Spacey - actor
- Jeffrey Tambor - actor
- Andy Dick - actor
- Louis C.K. - comedian
- George Takei - actor
- Sylvester Stallone - actor (who defended Bill Clinton during his sexual scandals)
- Dylan Howard - Editor

A.) you forgot to add the latest repub outed..
B.) Spacey wasn't being accused of treating women like sexual objects... it was underaged boys... so he probably deserves a special list to himself

A.) you forgot to add the latest repub outed..
B.) Spacey wasn't being accused of treating women like sexual objects... it was underaged boys... so he probably deserves a special list to himself

Thanks to the help of some friends, I've been able to expand the list as well. What Republican was outed? Ill add it. Doesn't matter, the Democrats are gonna win this slimeball contest by a landslide.

- Matt Lauer - NBC Host
- Kevin Spacey - actor
- Jeffrey Tambor - actor
- Andy Dick - actor
- Louis C.K. - comedian
- George Takei - actor
- Dylan Howard - Editor
- Bryan Singer - Director
- John Hockenberry - NPR

yeah, but Trump emphatically stated that he could "grab them by the *****" and was being serious about it.

Well, let's add Dustin Hoffman to the list.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...sical-violation-broadway-guest-column-1062349

- Matt Lauer - NBC Host
- Dustin Hoffman, Actor
- Kevin Spacey - actor
- Jeffrey Tambor - actor
- Andy Dick - actor
- Louis C.K. - comedian
- George Takei - actor
- Dylan Howard - Editor
- John Hockenberry - NPR

- GOP Rep. Trent Franks

Fox News alert broke on my phone today.....one of Roy Moore's accusers admitted to doctoring the yearbook signing......
Where is the liberal outrage?

Well, let's add Dustin Hoffman to the list.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...sical-violation-broadway-guest-column-1062349

- Matt Lauer - NBC Host
- Dustin Hoffman, Actor
- Kevin Spacey - actor
- Jeffrey Tambor - actor
- Andy Dick - actor
- Louis C.K. - comedian
- George Takei - actor
- Dylan Howard - Editor
- John Hockenberry - NPR

-GOP Rep. Trent Franks
-Donald J. Trump - US President Comacho

You must not have been paying attention today...

You must not have been paying attention today...

You must not have recognized my post was from over 3 days ago. And that it's not all inclusive. I should add the dozen or more names Del added to the thread too. Overwhelmingly these sexual predators are Liberals.

I can't speak for anyone else, but this is horseshit. People make accusations, with little proof and we are drumming them out of their jobs, ruining their lives. Look, I can't stand liberalism, but we shouldn't be cheering the congressional democrats that are getting pushed out. In fairness, Trump and Roy Moore are accused of the same things. Every bit as unfounded. But Franken, Conyers and others have been forced to step down. So, should Trump and Moore step down? I would guess the answer here is overwhelmingly "no." However, if we aren't going to hold the guys on "our side" to the same standard, isn't that hypocrisy? I mean, accusations are enough, especially multiple accusations. Especially since multiple accusations seem to qualify as "truth" these days.

What happened to the presumption of innocence? An accusation is enough to ruin someone's life, and it shouldn't be that way. The accuser has the burden of proof. But depending on where you fall on the political spectrum, man, people cheer for it. America is losing right now. We have become a social media lynch mob. **** the truth. We just want juicy stories that we can pile on. As ****** up as politics has become, our society is worse. If we haven't hit bottom yet, we aren't far.

Last edited:
oh the drama

The New Yorker Fires Star Reporter Ryan Lizza Over ‘Improper Sexual Conduct’

The New Yorker has let go of its star reporter Ryan Lizza amid allegations of sexual misconduct, the magazine confirmed Monday.

“The New Yorker recently learned that Ryan Lizza engaged in what we believe was improper sexual conduct. We have reviewed the matter and, as a result, have severed ties with Lizza,” a spokesperson for the magazine said. “Due to a request for privacy, we are not commenting further.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-new-yorker-severs-ties-with-star-reporter-ryan-lizza

New Yorker writer Ryan Lizza claims his firing over 'improper sexual conduct' was 'a terrible mistake'

Longtime New Yorker writer Ryan Lizza claims he’s “dismayed” that the high-brow magazine fired him over allegations of sexual misconduct on Monday, insisting that the incident in question involved a “respectful” relationship with a woman he used to date.

"This decision, which was made hastily and without a full investigation of the relevant facts, was a terrible mistake," Lizza said in a statement.

Within minutes of the New Yorker announcement, Lizza was suspended from CNN, where he regularly appears as an on-air political contributor.

Lizza joined the New Yorker as a Washington correspondent in 2007 and has penned numerous profiles of big-name politicians, including President Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and Mitt Romney.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...red-improper-sexual-conduct-article-1.3691970

----------------------------------------

.Ryan Lizza and Mario Batali? hmm they don't sound jewish to me

Larry King?

Larry King claims he’ll sue ‘Daily Mail TV’ over groping allegations

On Monday Terry Richard, the ex-wife of singer Eddie Fisher, told the show that King groped her in 2005, saying that he slipped his hand down the back of her backless dress while they were posing for a picture together and that, on another occasion, groped her butt so forcefully that it left a bruise.

But later King’s lawyer, Hollywood power lawyer Bert Fields told Page Six that King “flatly and unequivocally denies these claims” and that he “intends to file suit and prove that they’re utterly false.”

Sources say that King’s team warned the show last week that he would sue if the story was published.

Richard claimed that King first groped her at a 2005 baseball award ceremony in LA, saying that he slipped his hand down the back of her dress.

“His fingers went into the crack of my ***!” Fisher said. She said that a year later — again when they were taking a picture together — King groped her butt so forcefully that it left a bruise.

https://pagesix.com/2017/12/11/larry-king-claims-hell-sue-daily-mail-tv-over-groping-allegations/

Last edited:
Anthony Bourdain Speaks Out About Mario Batali's Sexual Misconduct: 'No One Should Be Surprised'

Chef Mario Batali is the latest public figure to be accused of sexual misconduct.

In an article posted on Eater on Monday morning, four women came forward with personal stories accusing Batali of “inappropriate touching in a pattern of behavior that spans at least two decades.” Batali has since removed himself from the day-to-day operations of his restaurant empire, and ABC has asked him to step away from The Chew “while we review the allegations that have just recently come to our attention,” said a spokesperson from the network.

In a statement to PEOPLE, Batali said: “I apologize to the people I have mistreated and hurt. Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted. That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility and am deeply sorry for any pain, humiliation or discomfort I have caused to my peers, employees, customers, friends and family.”

In the wake of the news, high-profile chefs and culinary insiders have taken to Twitter to comment on the allegations and life inside the restaurant world.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebr...be-surprised/ar-BBGBdDv?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=edgsp
------------------------------

Even food isn't safe now for men