• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Hypocrisy of Hollywood

Or your reading comprehension is just on the same level.

Or perhaps you write like a 1st grader making mistakes most of us learned to avoid in elementary school.

"And THAT is what is important to you. In fact, when they aren’t, you don’t care, they got your vote."​

That's 20 words. In 20 words, you managed to insert 7 pronouns.

There are plenty of self help articles out there about this phenomenon called Pronoun Abuse - one of the common writing challenges children overcome. I'm sure your brain may roughly remember the issue of unclear antecedents, and how pronoun abuse causes this very problem.

In case you forgot, here's a little tip on how to avoid your childish form of writing:

To solve problems of unclear antecedents due to multiple possible antecedents, you must first be able to identify all of the pronouns in your writing. This task can be more challenging than you think, because pronouns are not always as obvious as “she” or “it” Once you have identified all of your pronouns, connect these pronouns with their antecedents, making sure that there are no confusing nouns that come between pronouns and antecedents. This recommendation does not mean that no nouns at all can come between pronouns and their antecedents. If you do find unclear antecedents due to multiple possible antecedents, there are two easy ways to fix the problem: (1) replace the pronoun with its antecedent, or (2) rewrite the sentence.

3-Ways-to-Avoid-Using-Too-Many-Pronouns-1.png

And another thing, I keep hearing that all of these allegations are credible. Based on what? Because someone said so? This isn't some third world nation in the middle east where Akeem says his wife is a ***** and a judge sentences her to death by stoning with no proof. This is getting more ridiculous by the hour. It could happen to anyone. Provide proof or step off.

I think I smell the stench of an unhinged socie-libtard snowflake. (looks at #647). Yep...blech!

The Mueller investigation is perfectly set up to uncover all of the illegal activities committed by Trump.

Well.....except a bunch of his "unbiased" team members are admittedly biased against the guy they are investigating because they are Hillary supporters. They aren't perfectly set up to do ****.

Well.....except a bunch of his "unbiased" team members are admittedly biased against the guy they are investigating because they are Hillary supporters. They aren't perfectly set up to do ****.

Actually, they are. Their obvious bias, and the fact that there is little outcry over it, tells me they can run amok, charge people with **** outside the scope of the investigation, and call it anything other than a witch hunt and get away with it. And nobody, NOBODY in DC is unbiased or non-partisan. Nobody.

Speculation has it that Frankenstein is waiting for the results of the Alabama election, and will refuse to step down if Roy Moore is elected.

worthless speculation you mean

not gonna happen

Franken successor to be announced Wednesday

Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton (D) will announce his pick to replace Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) in the Senate on Wednesday.

Dayton's office said he will make an announcement on Wednesday morning from the state Capitol.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/364479-franken-successor-to-be-announced-wednesday

And another thing, I keep hearing that all of these allegations are credible. Based on what? Because someone said so? This isn't some third world nation in the middle east where Akeem says his wife is a ***** and a judge sentences her to death by stoning with no proof. This is getting more ridiculous by the hour. It could happen to anyone. Provide proof or step off.

Sarge, again few if any of these men have come out and said "These accusations are unequivocally false." You don't need proof if the guy isn't denying it. So you have to ask yourself why? Why aren't they denying it?

Because they know they can't. There's evidence. Witnesses, texts, photos, admissions. I can guarantee Matt Lauer doesn't walk away from 20 million if he's innocent.

Someone explain why Donald Trump isn't under investigation for sexual abuse/misconduct? Nearly twenty women have come forward - on the record - accusing him of sexual harrasment and assault. Is he above the law?

I'll answer that myself. There should be an immediate bipartisan investigation into these allegations. Anyone who says otherwise stands for corruption of the law and wants justice to be skewered towards politicians in power.

The Mueller investigation is perfectly set up to uncover all of the illegal activities committed by Trump. A seperate congressional investigation should focus on his alleged sexual abuse against women. The fact he may be convicted of numerous crimes having to do with the election doesn't absolve him from whatever sexual crimes he's committed over the years. As constituents, we shouldn't settle for anything less from our elected officials. Trump should be held to the same standards as anyone else. I'm sure you will all agree.

What crimes? Has a single one of these women made a criminal complaint to police?

Sarge, again few if any of these men have come out and said "These accusations are unequivocally false." You don't need proof if the guy isn't denying it. So you have to ask yourself why? Why aren't they denying it?

Because they know they can't. There's evidence. Witnesses, texts, photos, admissions. I can guarantee Matt Lauer doesn't walk away from 20 million if he's innocent.

IF you are innocent, how do you prove it? When the media and social media lynch mob comes for you, you can deny all you want for all the more good it will do. I am not saying anyone is innocent, and I am not saying anyone is guilty. That said, if there were texts, photos, admissions, I am pretty sure it would be front page news. Lack of denial is NOT evidence. Again, in this day and age, what is a denial gonna do for you? Al Franken is denying what he did. Didn't help him much. My point is, at this point, 99.9% of this is accusations and nothing more. Personally speaking, I think most of the guys are probably guilty. It appears to be a culture in Hollywood and DC, based on allegations. But I don't know that for sure. And neither does anyone else. My issue is with the loss of the presumption of innocence. The burden of proof is on the accuser. PERIOD. Again, if you have proof, provide it. Hard to prove **** from 30 years ago. So you make an accusation, and since "All women are to be believed" what defense do you have? You don't have one. You are ******. It's wrong. The message to these women making these accusations should be don't wait 2, 3, 10, 20 years to come out. Go to the police, your chaplain, the hospital, ANYONE when it happens. Nail these ******* to the wall.

I can't pretend to know what sexual harassment or sexual assault is like. I don't. But I know I have called the police for much less. If someone raped me, I can't imagine I would clam up and try to hide it for 20 years. But then again, I can't imagine what rape is like. But waiting for years when any evidence is likely long gone, doesn't help your case.

As far as Matt Lauer, he is probably the guy that surprises me the least. Creepy ****. But then, his marriage is on the line. He probably wants to try and save that. I would walk away form $100 million for my marriage. Not that I would ever get caught up in something like that, but it is probably just about all he has left.

EDIT: Trump and Roy Moore are denying it. Vehemently. And the news refers to Roy Moore as a pedophile, members of congress are calling him a pedophile, as if it is a proven fact. There is no evidence. Just accusations. But that isn't slowing down the narrative.

Last edited:
What crimes? Has a single one of these women made a criminal complaint to police?

Nope, but they went on Megyn Kelly's show on Monday. One complaint, as I posted earlier, was that Trump asked for a phone number of one of the "victims." But hey....that's a crime, right????

IF you are innocent, how do you prove it? When the media and social media lynch mob comes for you, you can deny all you want for all the more good it will do. I am not saying anyone is innocent, and I am not saying anyone is guilty. That said, if there were texts, photos, admissions, I am pretty sure it would be front page news. Lack of denial is NOT evidence. Again, in this day and age, what is a denial gonna do for you? Al Franken is denying what he did. Didn't help him much. My point is, at this point, 99.9% of this is accusations and nothing more. Personally speaking, I think most of the guys are probably guilty. It appears to be a culture in Hollywood and DC, based on allegations. But I don't know that for sure. And neither does anyone else. My issue is with the loss of the presumption of innocence. The burden of proof is on the accuser. PERIOD. Again, if you have proof, provide it. Hard to prove **** from 30 years ago. So you make an accusation, and since "All women are to be believed" what defense do you have? You don't have one. You are ******. It's wrong. The message to these women making these accusations should be don't wait 2, 3, 10, 20 years to come out. Go to the police, your chaplain, the hospital, ANYONE when it happens. Nail these ******* to the wall.

I can't pretend to know what sexual harassment or sexual assault is like. I don't. But I know I have called the police for much less. If someone raped me, I can't imagine I would clam up and try to hide it for 20 years. But then again, I can't imagine what rape is like. But waiting for years when any evidence is likely long gone, doesn't help your case.

As far as Matt Lauer, he is probably the guy that surprises me the least. Creepy ****. But then, his marriage is on the line. He probably wants to try and save that. I would walk away form $100 million for my marriage. Not that I would ever get caught up in something like that, but it is probably just about all he has left.

EDIT: Trump and Roy Moore are denying it. Vehemently. And the news refers to Roy Moore as a pedophile, members of congress are calling him a pedophile, as if it is a proven fact. There is no evidence. Just accusations. But that isn't slowing down the narrative.

What I highlighted. YES. And what about the women who put themselves WILLINGLY into those compromising situations???? Why aren't they to blame? The double standard is infuriating.

So if there is so much evidence, when do the trials start? Hell, with all the evidence, you would think there would be a lawsuit. Nope, just doing the talk show circuit, making accusations.

those are not similar in any fashion of the definition. ****, may as well have Hillary, Bomma and Bernie leading the investigation.

Strange you would say that. Who the **** appointed Mueller and his team to undertake the Special Counsel investigation? Who gave it broad powers and the neccessary funding? The US Department of Justice led by Attn General Jeff Sessions, that's who. Jeff Sessions, appointed by Donald Trump.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, was onboard with the Mueller choice. Vietnam war veteran, Republican, appointed to the head of FBI by George W. Bush. But now that it's clear he's doing his job in earnest and will carry out his mandate, the Right and Trumpster snowflakes have their panties in a bunch. Tells you everything you need to know about the breathtaking level of hypocrisy on the Right.

So if there is so much evidence, when do the trials start? Hell, with all the evidence, you would think there would be a lawsuit. Nope, just doing the talk show circuit, making accusations.

I never said these were crimes. Sexual harassment is not necessarily a crime. Some of these women have filed lawsuits.

I'm just saying, if these are just accusations with absolutely no basis in fact, I wouldn't just up and quit my job. Would you? I would at least put up some sort of a fight.

IF you are innocent, how do you prove it? When the media and social media lynch mob comes for you, you can deny all you want for all the more good it will do. I am not saying anyone is innocent, and I am not saying anyone is guilty. That said, if there were texts, photos, admissions, I am pretty sure it would be front page news. Lack of denial is NOT evidence. Again, in this day and age, what is a denial gonna do for you? Al Franken is denying what he did. Didn't help him much. My point is, at this point, 99.9% of this is accusations and nothing more.

The first thing you do is say "These accusations are unequivocally false, and I refuse to end a career I've worked for my entire life based on completely fabricated accusations." NONE of these men have said that. Franken didn't say that. He said he couldn't recall, or it was unintentional or some such nonsense. Part of the reason Trump isn't in more hot water is because he denied the accusations unequivocally. Force the women to provide evidence, if they can. Weinsten was recorded. Lauer sent texts and photos. These men have numerous accusers, many of whom have witnesses to back them up. It's not "just an accusation".

And it's not a criminal trial. Your employer doesn't have to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt to fire you. There is no "presumption of innocence", especially when you aren't even claiming to be innocent. Harvey Weinstein and Matt Lauer have contracts. If they are being wrongfully terminated based on false accusations there is legal recourse for that. Guess what, you won't see them pursuing that because then there are depositions and testimony and then ALL of the evidence comes out. They don't want people to know everything. They leave quietly so that the whole truth doesn't have to come out.

Sorry, I just cant feel much pity for powerful, arrogant men who think it's ok to demean and humiliate their female co-workers for their own amusement. I don't believe they are being persecuted, and if they are they sure are protesting it very, very weakly.

I'm happy for my daughters who will be entering the workforce in a couple of years that this stuff is coming to light and things will change.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to oneforthebus again.

Excellent post oneforthebus, kudos for that.

it's really hard to tell who is telling the truth, so it is easier to have a blind eye to all this mess going on. You want to believe the accusers, but are there motives behind it? Every allegation deserves to be investigated, but if one comes back false or baseless, then it's almost natural others will not be given the same time and outrage. It's a slippery slope and just a cluster we are in today. Maybe it is best everyone's face is planted in their phone and there is very little communicates with each other. Keep your head down, hands and urges to yourself.

Strange you would say that. Who the **** appointed Mueller and his team to undertake the Special Counsel investigation? Who gave it broad powers and the neccessary funding? The US Department of Justice led by Attn General Jeff Sessions, that's who. Jeff Sessions, appointed by Donald Trump.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, was onboard with the Mueller choice. Vietnam war veteran, Republican, appointed to the head of FBI by George W. Bush. But now that it's clear he's doing his job in earnest and will carry out his mandate, the Right and Trumpster snowflakes have their panties in a bunch. Tells you everything you need to know about the breathtaking level of hypocrisy on the Right.

That is not entirely accurate as Sessions recused himself and it was the deputy AG that appointed him. So in some way your are partially correct but had Sessions not felt the need to recuse himself I doubt he would have ever appointed one particularly not Mueller.

it's really hard to tell who is telling the truth, so it is easier to have a blind eye to all this mess going on. You want to believe the accusers, but are there motives behind it? Every allegation deserves to be investigated, but if one comes back false or baseless, then it's almost natural others will not be given the same time and outrage. It's a slippery slope and just a cluster we are in today. Maybe it is best everyone's face is planted in their phone and there is very little communicates with each other. Keep your head down, hands and urges to yourself.

I am not even sure why I care. I mean I am arguing semantics on a Steelers board about people that I do not know or care about. **** them all. They can rot.

Or perhaps you write like a 1st grader making mistakes most of us learned to avoid in elementary school.

"And THAT is what is important to you. In fact, when they aren’t, you don’t care, they got your vote."​

That's 20 words. In 20 words, you managed to insert 7 pronouns.

There are plenty of self help articles out there about this phenomenon called Pronoun Abuse - one of the common writing challenges children overcome. I'm sure your brain may roughly remember the issue of unclear antecedents, and how pronoun abuse causes this very problem.

In case you forgot, here's a little tip on how to avoid your childish form of writing:

“Ask not WHAT YOUR country can do for YOU, ask WHAT YOU can do for YOUR country.”

JFK managed 6 pronouns, in only 17 words! I can only imagine the outrage a snowflake you must have over such pronoun abuse.

That is not entirely accurate as Sessions recused himself and it was the deputy AG that appointed him. So in some way your are partially correct but had Sessions not felt the need to recuse himself I doubt he would have ever appointed one particularly not Mueller.

Do you think anything happens at the DOJ without the AG's explicit knowledge and approval? I think they (Sessions & Trump) incorrectly thought appointing Mueller would be a quick fix solution to get everyone off their backs. They figured they can slowly sweep things under the rug once the pressure subsided. Little did they know Mueller was going to unlock the gates of hell. And again, stop with the revisionist history on Mueller. He was in the highest of standing within the GOP at the time of his appointment.

Do you think anything happens at the DOJ without the AG's explicit knowledge and approval? I think they (Sessions & Trump) incorrectly thought appointing Mueller would be a quick fix solution to get everyone off their backs. They figured they can slowly sweep things under the rug once the pressure subsided. Little did they know Mueller was going to unlock the gates of hell. And again, stop with the revisionist history on Mueller. He was in the highest of standing within the GOP at the time of his appointment.

Every time something bad happened during Obamas presidency , Eric Holder acted like he nothing about it. Remember the guns ?

“Ask not WHAT YOUR country can do for YOU, ask WHAT YOU can do for YOUR country.”

JFK managed 6 pronouns, in only 17 words! I can only imagine the outrage a snowflake you must have over such pronoun abuse.

It took you 24 hours to come up with that as your walk it back strategy?

JFK's statement doesn't suffer from the dilemma of unclear antecedents. Yours does.

1061101904-rdwwg9em7r-2.png

By all means, keep bringing that elementary school prose to the board. Reading Flog-o-isms is right up there with Katsung writings.