• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Hypocrisy of Hollywood

Football isn't safe either. I just read an article that a chick who was fired from NFL Network is alleging that Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor, Donovan McNabb and some front office type guy all sexually harassed and/or groped her while she was employed there.

NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans over sexual harassment allegations

Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk was among three NFL Network analysts suspended Monday night in response to a new filing in a lawsuit brought by former wardrobe stylist,

Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans will remain suspended "pending an investigation into these allegations," NFL Network said in a statement to USA TODAY Sports. Jami Cantor, who worked at the network for a decade, described a series of sexually inappropriate encounters with the three along with several former NFL players and others who have worked for NFL Network, including Donovan McNabb, Warren Sapp and Eric Davis.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ysts-sexual-harassment-allegations/943287001/

And THAT is what is important to you. In fact, when they aren’t, you don’t care, they got your vote.

In a day and age where Democrats work feverishly to portray Conservatives as anti-women and themselves as the Party for Women, I love that overwhelmingly it's Liberals being accused. Yes, I do.

Bill Clinton never got my vote, thank you. Wrong again.

This is partly the problem with how liberals look at "freedom". They seem to want to have the "right" to act any way they want. It's not about equality, it's about selfishness. No restraints. Any societal norm (except free speech if you talk against them) is a restriction on "their freedoms".

They won in their bedrooms (which we all let go). They want to win with drugs "in the home". I'm not even against these ideals totally.

But the truth is you can't just shut off who you are when you walk out your front door. If you fight for the right to live a life of debauchery inside your house with no morality then don't be surprised if it spills out into the real world.

I've said from the very beginning of these allegations. Men don't act this way unless it WORKS and they still get sex acting like ********. Believe me, if women stop ******* you, men will change. 95% of these allegations are not about assault (or very minor assault at best). It's about harassing, boorish, chauvinistic behavior. It's about no filter on your dirty thoughts. Saying whatever pops into our disgusting heads (and we are all disgusting up there to some degree or another).

Part of being a good person is to NOT let your most basic instincts and desires rule the way you act. To show respect for those around you.

Power corrupts. The power to lose your filter and not pay a penalty for boorish behavior is coming around to bite a lot of men in the *** right now.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/2452...tm_content=121117-news&utm_campaign=position1

George Soros Funded Group Readying Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers To Push For Congressional Investigation

"Their disturbing allegations came to light before the post-Weinstein era of accountability for sexual misconduct and the rise of the #MeToo movement."

ByRyan Saavedra
December 11, 2017

A far-left activist group funded by George Soros is readying the women who accused President Donald Trump of sexual misconduct to demand a congressional investigation. The women had made their accusations just before the November 2016 election.

The women will speak on Monday at 10:30 a.m. ET to call for "accountability and an investigation by Congress of sexual misconduct." They had accused Trump of "groping, fondling, forcibly kissing, humiliating and harassing women."

The press conference was announced in a statement obtained by CBS News:

Women who have publicly accused President Trump of sexual harassment and assault will unite for the first time to speak out about their experiences on Monday, December 11, at 10:30 AM. At the press conference, hosted by Brave New Films, the women will call for accountability and an investigation by Congress of sexual misconduct by the president.

The women will share their firsthand accounts of President Trump groping, fondling, forcibly kissing, humiliating and harassing women. They are among the at least sixteen women who have come forward to accuse the president of sexual misconduct. Their disturbing allegations came to light before the post-Weinstein era of accountability for sexual misconduct and the rise of the #MeToo movement.

In November, Brave New Films released “16 women and Donald Trump,” which tells the stories of the sixteen women who have publicly reported sexual harassment and assault by President Trump. These brave women have all spoken out individually. The video, which has been viewed over six million times, compiled their stories in one place for the first time. Now they are gathering in person to speak out and call for accountability.

The group behind this obvious new attempt to force Trump out of the White House, Brave New Films, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that claims to be “non-partisan” — a claim that becomes laughable upon a review of their donors and partners which include left-wing hit groups like Media Matters For America and Democracy For America.

Brave New Films claims that they do not “expressly advocate for the election or defeat of candidates for public office,” a statement that is not even remotely accurate looking at just some of the propaganda-style videos they created, including:

• Stand Up, Senate! The President-elect is a hypocrite.
  • Protect Public Education - Stop Betsy DeVos!
  • Indivisible: A Practical Guide For Resisting The Trump Agenda
  • GETTING DONALD TRUMP OFF NBC'S SNL

One of Brave New Films' donors is Open Society Foundations, a leftist organization whose founder and chairman is George Soros, who has given “over $32 billion to fund the Open Society Foundations, which work in over 100 countries around the world.”

George Soros is a Democrat megadonor who "donated or committed more than $25 million to boost Hillary Clinton and other Democratic candidates and causes, according to Federal Election Commission records and interviews with his associates and Democratic fundraising operatives," Politico reported.

In the wake of Trump's election win, Soros gave $18 billion to his Open Society Foundations, as he called for immediate action against Trump.

“We must do something to push back against what’s happening here,” Soros said in November, as he warned of the “dark forces that have been awakened” by Trump's win.

The left has shown it's hand. They are willing to do ANYTHING to dethrone this president. ...from fake dossiers, fake charges of collusion, now resorting to sexual misconduct wave. Unless any of this is proven, and criminal, they could shove these accusations up their *****. Bill Clinton was accused of rape and other misconduct, lied to Congress, was impeached, and refused to step down. The hypocrisy on the left is that of legend.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I can't speak for anyone else, but this is horseshit. People make accusations, with little proof and we are drumming them out of their jobs, ruining their lives. Look, I can't stand liberalism, but we shouldn't be cheering the congressional democrats that are getting pushed out. In fairness, Trump and Roy Moore are accused of the same things. Every bit as unfounded. But Franken, Conyers and others have been forced to step down. So, should Trump and Moore step down? I would guess the answer here is overwhelmingly "no." However, if we aren't going to hold the guys on "our side" to the same standard, isn't that hypocrisy? I mean, accusations are enough, especially multiple accusations. Especially since multiple accusations seem to qualify as "truth" these days.

What happened to the presumption of innocence? An accusation is enough to ruin someone's life, and it shouldn't be that way. The accuser has the burden of proof. But depending on where you fall on the political spectrum, man, people cheer for it. America is losing right now. We have become a social media lynch mob. **** the truth. We just want juicy stories that we can pile on. As ****** up as politics has become, our society is worse. If we haven't hit bottom yet, we aren't far.

Perhaps there are reasons some people readily admit to this stuff and lose or leave their jobs. It may have something to do with evidence that they know is out there about them. I would guess if these were just accusations, there would be people fighting back against them.

The allegations against Al Franken are fairly minor and he has denied them, but he was a sacrificial lamb for the Dems...he is not important enough for them to defend him and keep him around, they are using him as leverage and to claim the moral high ground in their push to get rid of Trump. I would be thrilled if Roy Moore had quit the race a long time ago. I don't think he is well liked but the alternative is a liberal Dem in office so that's hard for Alabamans to swallow. Maybe he'll get elected and pushed out later.

The allegations against Trump, and I am certainly no fan of his, seem thin in both evidence and consistency. I think there is probably some truth to them but I also think there is some opportunism and political motivation to some of them. Hard to know which is which.

24909863_524579504586434_3243941560647927088_n.jpg

I can't speak for anyone else, but this is horseshit. People make accusations, with little proof and we are drumming them out of their jobs, ruining their lives. Look, I can't stand liberalism, but we shouldn't be cheering the congressional democrats that are getting pushed out. In fairness, Trump and Roy Moore are accused of the same things. Every bit as unfounded. But Franken, Conyers and others have been forced to step down. So, should Trump and Moore step down? I would guess the answer here is overwhelmingly "no." However, if we aren't going to hold the guys on "our side" to the same standard, isn't that hypocrisy? I mean, accusations are enough, especially multiple accusations. Especially since multiple accusations seem to qualify as "truth" these days.

What happened to the presumption of innocence? An accusation is enough to ruin someone's life, and it shouldn't be that way. The accuser has the burden of proof. But depending on where you fall on the political spectrum, man, people cheer for it. America is losing right now. We have become a social media lynch mob. **** the truth. We just want juicy stories that we can pile on. As ****** up as politics has become, our society is worse. If we haven't hit bottom yet, we aren't far.

We will hit the bottom in the next presidential election cycle. I can already see the bloodshed when groups clash at campaign rallys. It will be like nothing we have ever seen. I hope I'm wrong, but that picture is getting pretty clear.

The left has shown it's hand. They are willing to do ANYTHING to dethrone this president. ...from fake dossiers, fake charges of collusion, now resorting to sexual misconduct wave. Unless any of this is proven, and criminal, they could shove these accusations up their *****. Bill Clinton was accused of rape and other misconduct, lied to Congress, was impeached, and refused to step down. The hypocrisy on the left is that of legend.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

A nasty bunch. They have been before he ever was sworn into office. I can't see a future in harmony with these people.

Perhaps there are reasons some people readily admit to this stuff and lose or leave their jobs. It may have something to do with evidence that they know is out there about them. I would guess if these were just accusations, there would be people fighting back against them.

The allegations against Al Franken are fairly minor and he has denied them, but he was a sacrificial lamb for the Dems...he is not important enough for them to defend him and keep him around, they are using him as leverage and to claim the moral high ground in their push to get rid of Trump. I would be thrilled if Roy Moore had quit the race a long time ago. I don't think he is well liked but the alternative is a liberal Dem in office so that's hard for Alabamans to swallow. Maybe he'll get elected and pushed out later.

The allegations against Trump, and I am certainly no fan of his, seem thin in both evidence and consistency. I think there is probably some truth to them but I also think there is some opportunism and political motivation to some of them. Hard to know which is which.

We should have gone to the tiered multiple candidate system years ago, where you vote for two or three candidates, this way if one is forced out late tgere is a backup already entrenched in the race, plus if they have to step down tgere is a logical successor in place... there are several versions of this, and in most every one the one with the most first place votes wins still...

This is getting difficult to keep up with.

Liberals 49
Conservatives 3
Undetermined 4

So far in this race, the Liberals look like:

Secretariat-Belmont-stakes-NYRAbc-J.jpg

Since the Harvey Weinstein outting, here's a list of accused.

Liberals/Democrats accused:
- Matt Lauer - NBC Host
- Dustin Hoffman, Actor
- Garrison Keillor - NPR and author
- Kevin Spacey - actor
- Harold Ford Jr. - former Democratic Rep., Wall Street employee
- Jeremy Piven - actor/producer
- Jeffrey Tambor - actor
- Andy Dick - actor
- Louis C.K. - comedian
- James Toback - hollywood writer/director
- Harvey Weinstein - Producer
- Mark Halperin - NBC political commentator
- Al Franken - US Senator
- John Conyers - Democratic Congressman
- Russel Simmons - hip hop mogul
- Brett Ratnern - director/producer
- Glenn Thrush - NY Times reporter
- George Takei - actor
- Sylvester Stallone - actor (who defended Bill Clinton during his sexual scandals)
- Charlie Rose - TV journalist
- John Lasseter - CCO of Pixar Studios
- Andrew Kreisberg - hollywood producer
- Nick Carter - Back Street Boys member
- Danny Masterson - actor
- Dylan Howard - Editor
- Bryan Singer - Director
- John Hockenberry - NPR
- Mario Batali - celebrity chef
- Ryan Lizz - The New Yorker
- Larry King - former talk show host
- Michael Oreskas, Former Senior Vice President of NPR
- Leon Wieseltier, Former Editor of "The New Republic" magazine
- Roy Price, Amazon Executive Producer
- Robert Scoble - Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist and Technology Evangelist
- Chris Savino - Viacom/Nickelodean Producer
- Lockhart Steele - Vox Media's Editorial Director
- Gavin Baker, Fidelity Stock Portfolio Manager (Often Appeared on CNBC business shows out of Boston)
- Terry Richardson - Celebrity Photographer featured in GQ, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, etc.
- John Besh - Celebrity Chef
- Andy Signore - Senior Vice President of Content at Defy Media
- Ben Affleck - Actor/Producer
- Richard Dreyfuss - Actor
- Gary Goddard - TV Producer/Writer (accused of pedophilia)
- Murray Miller - Screenwriter (ironically of the TV Series Girls)
- Mark Schwahn - Screenwriter (One Tree Hill)
- Steven Seagal - Actor/Producer
- Tom Sizemore - Actor
- Matthew Weiner - Writer (Mad Men)
- Ed Westwick - Actor

Conservatives/Republicans accused:
- Roy Moore - Senate Candidate
- George H.W. Bush - former US President
- GOP Rep. Trent Franks

Unknown Political Affiliation (but likely Liberal):

- Jameis Winston - NFL Football player
- Marshall Faulk, Former NFL Player, NFL Network Analyst
- Ike Taylor - Former NFL Player, NFL Network Analyst
- Heath Evans - Former NFL Player, NFL Network Analyst

Last edited:
you're pretty damn dense if you didn't understand that.

So Bill Clinton isn’t a liberal in your (or Tim’s) book? Or your reading comprehension is just on the same level.

This is getting difficult to keep up with.

Liberals 49
Conservatives 3
Undetermined 4

So far in this race, the Liberals look like:

Secretariat-Belmont-stakes-NYRAbc-J.jpg

Since the Harvey Weinstein outting, here's a list of accused.

Liberals/Democrats accused:
- Matt Lauer - NBC Host
- Dustin Hoffman, Actor
- Garrison Keillor - NPR and author
- Kevin Spacey - actor
- Harold Ford Jr. - former Democratic Rep., Wall Street employee
- Jeremy Piven - actor/producer
- Jeffrey Tambor - actor
- Andy Dick - actor
- Louis C.K. - comedian
- James Toback - hollywood writer/director
- Harvey Weinstein - Producer
- Mark Halperin - NBC political commentator
- Al Franken - US Senator
- John Conyers - Democratic Congressman
- Russel Simmons - hip hop mogul
- Brett Ratnern - director/producer
- Glenn Thrush - NY Times reporter
- George Takei - actor
- Sylvester Stallone - actor (who defended Bill Clinton during his sexual scandals)
- Charlie Rose - TV journalist
- John Lasseter - CCO of Pixar Studios
- Andrew Kreisberg - hollywood producer
- Nick Carter - Back Street Boys member
- Danny Masterson - actor
- Dylan Howard - Editor
- Bryan Singer - Director
- John Hockenberry - NPR
- Mario Batali - celebrity chef
- Ryan Lizz - The New Yorker
- Larry King - former talk show host
- Michael Oreskas, Former Senior Vice President of NPR
- Leon Wieseltier, Former Editor of "The New Republic" magazine
- Roy Price, Amazon Executive Producer
- Robert Scoble - Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist and Technology Evangelist
- Chris Savino - Viacom/Nickelodean Producer
- Lockhart Steele - Vox Media's Editorial Director
- Gavin Baker, Fidelity Stock Portfolio Manager (Often Appeared on CNBC business shows out of Boston)
- Terry Richardson - Celebrity Photographer featured in GQ, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, etc.
- John Besh - Celebrity Chef
- Andy Signore - Senior Vice President of Content at Defy Media
- Ben Affleck - Actor/Producer
- Richard Dreyfuss - Actor
- Gary Goddard - TV Producer/Writer (accused of pedophilia)
- Murray Miller - Screenwriter (ironically of the TV Series Girls)
- Mark Schwahn - Screenwriter (One Tree Hill)
- Steven Seagal - Actor/Producer
- Tom Sizemore - Actor
- Matthew Weiner - Writer (Mad Men)
- Ed Westwick - Actor

Conservatives/Republicans accused:
- Roy Moore - Senate Candidate
- George H.W. Bush - former US President
- GOP Rep. Trent Franks

Unknown Political Affiliation (but likely Liberal):

- Jameis Winston - NFL Football player
- Marshall Faulk, Former NFL Player, NFL Network Analyst
- Ike Taylor - Former NFL Player, NFL Network Analyst
- Heath Evans - Former NFL Player, NFL Network Analyst

I think you have to add President Trump to that list. He has certainly been accused.

I think you have to add President Trump to that list. He has certainly been accused.

This list includes any and everyone accused since Harvey Weinstein. It's not a historical list, thus Bill Clinton and Woody Allen are not on it.

Someone explain why Donald Trump isn't under investigation for sexual abuse/misconduct? Nearly twenty women have come forward - on the record - accusing him of sexual harrasment and assault. Is he above the law?

I'll answer that myself. There should be an immediate bipartisan investigation into these allegations. Anyone who says otherwise stands for corruption of the law and wants justice to be skewered towards politicians in power.

The Mueller investigation is perfectly set up to uncover all of the illegal activities committed by Trump. A seperate congressional investigation should focus on his alleged sexual abuse against women. The fact he may be convicted of numerous crimes having to do with the election doesn't absolve him from whatever sexual crimes he's committed over the years. As constituents, we shouldn't settle for anything less from our elected officials. Trump should be held to the same standards as anyone else. I'm sure you will all agree.

Last edited:
This list includes any and everyone accused since Harvey Weinstein. It's not a historical list, thus Bill Clinton and Woody Allen are not on it.

might want to add Matt Dababneh to that, too.

Someone explain why Donald Trump isn't under investigation for sexual abuse/misconduct? Nearly twenty women have come forward - on the record - accusing him of sexual harrasment and assault. Is he above the law?

I'll answer that myself. There should be an immediate bipartisan investigation into these allegations. Anyone who says otherwise stands for corruption of the law and wants justice to be skewered towards politicians in power.

The Mueller investigation is perfectly set up to uncover all of the illegal activities committed by Trump. A seperate congressional investigation should focus on his alleged sexual abuse against women. The fact he may be convicted of numerous crimes having to do with the election doesn't absolve him from whatever sexual crimes he's committed over the years. As constituents, we shouldn't settle for anything less from our elected officials. Trump should be held to the same standards as anyone else. I'm sure you will all agree.

those are not similar in any fashion of the definition. ****, may as well have Hillary, Bomma and Bernie leading the investigation.

It would be a waste of money. How do you get proof of something that happened, 10, 20, 30 years ago? That is why the accusations are nothing but accusations. If we are going to hang people, even the ones we dislike based on accusations, we are in for a world of hurt. I mean, no woman has ever falsely accused man of sexual crimes for fame, publicity, money or power, right? Nah. See the Duke Lacrosse case. The burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused. The presumption of innocence remember?

If I were Conyers or Franken, and I was truly innocent, no way I step down. Based on accusations but no proof? Not in this lifetime.

Last edited: