• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Hypocrisy of Hollywood

One woman made one accusation and ruined the lives of many young men, killed a sports program, and cost taxpayers ample amounts of money. Their worlds stopped on one accusation.

That is acceptable?

Your scenario - five women come forward...absolutely we need a reaction of some sort.

But to Sarge's point, this is getting crazy. As with Duke, one person now has the power to make one false accusation and ruin another's life.

You have to admit IF that happens, it's wrong.

She made a false accusation. They were acquitted. Is it wrong? Of course it's wrong. Any false accusation is horribly wrong. Who said it wasn't? That doesn't mean most accusations are false and that everyone must have airtight proof before acting to protect anyone.

Let's say your son's kindergarten teacher is accused of molesting a kid. You don't want him removed from his job while they investigate? Let's say he says "Well, I know I did some inappropriate things. I don't recall the situation exactly like little Billy does, but I did act inappropriately and I'm sorry."

You want that teacher in the classroom with your kid?

You think if I tell my boss that my co-worker pulled his dick out, my boss should do nothing about situation that unless I took a picture and can prove it?

Sorry, no matter how hard you try you're not going to convince me that most of these men are the victims here. I think your sympathies are a bit misplaced.

As you Liberals love to say, we need common sense gun control. "If it saves just one life."

If 2-10% of accusations are false, then there are people annually that have their lives ruined by those meant to do them harm.

If it saves just one life.

Innocence until proven guilty is a great, great tenet to operate by. It's one of the reasons millions fled to this country.

Innocence until proven guilty applies to criminal trials. It doesn't apply to civil trials or workplace situations or a whole host of other things. As an employer I have every right to make a judgement call on this. I can evaluate the credibility of both parties and decide who is more likely to be telling the truth. I can make what I believe is the best decision for my employees and my business.

PBS Suspends Tavis Smiley After Sexual Misconduct Investigation

Variety published an exclusive this afternoon saying PBS host Tavis Smiley has been suspended by the network in the wake of a sexual misconduct investigation.

47ef0e9f-5204-48b3-a163-6604516a0fb5.jpg

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/13/pbs-suspends-tavis-smiley-sexual-misconduct-allegation/

-----------------------

Libs gotta be libs

PBS Suspends Tavis Smiley After Sexual Misconduct Investigation

Variety published an exclusive this afternoon saying PBS host Tavis Smiley has been suspended by the network in the wake of a sexual misconduct investigation.
Pretty soon there won't be anyone left to do the news.

She made a false accusation. They were acquitted. Is it wrong? Of course it's wrong. Any false accusation is horribly wrong. Who said it wasn't? That doesn't mean most accusations are false and that everyone must have airtight proof before acting to protect anyone.

Let's say your son's kindergarten teacher is accused of molesting a kid. You don't want him removed from his job while they investigate? Let's say he says "Well, I know I did some inappropriate things. I don't recall the situation exactly like little Billy does, but I did act inappropriately and I'm sorry."

You want that teacher in the classroom with your kid?

You think if I tell my boss that my co-worker pulled his dick out, my boss should do nothing about situation that unless I took a picture and can prove it?

Sorry, no matter how hard you try you're not going to convince me that most of these men are the victims here. I think your sympathies are a bit misplaced.

You're completely misreading what I've said since the beginning and lumping into an overall larger argument. What I put in bold above is not what I'm arguing. You just think it is.

DBS said the following in his longer post: "Of course women NEVER lie about this sort of thing..." I put that phrase in BOLD and that is all that I replied to...to support that very claim - some percentage of women do, just like a small % of every population are bad - mass murderers, thieves, etc.. There are thousands of instances women have used this power to get out of bad binds, intentionally harm someone, use date rape or sexual accusations to get out of numerous personal situations, even bad grades. That is all I've claimed. Ask Michael Irvin and Jerome Bettis or the Duke Lacrosse team. Sexual assault allegations are falsely made at times. That is my point. Period.

Somehow you think I'm saying that either all accusations are false, or that women shouldn't come forward.

That isn't my position.

I'm merely saying that with all of positives women are getting by feeling bold enough to finally speak, we are also empowering the small % that would use this "tool" as a means to harm others. It's been done before, it will be done again.

Innocence until proven guilty applies to criminal trials. It doesn't apply to civil trials or workplace situations or a whole host of other things. As an employer I have every right to make a judgement call on this. I can evaluate the credibility of both parties and decide who is more likely to be telling the truth. I can make what I believe is the best decision for my employees and my business.

Yep. No disagreement.

Never had one on this point, btw.

uh-oh

Salma Hayek accuses Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment: He's 'my monster too'

The Oscar-nominated Mexican actress, whose films include Frida and Traffic, went public with her allegations on Wednesday, over two months after the movie honcho was first publicly accused of sexual misconduct in a New York Times piece. She shared her first-person story with the same publication in an op-ed titled “Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too....

Hayek says that when she was victimized — after Weinstein agreed to produce 2002’s Frida via his company Miramax — it was a time when “it was unimaginable for a Mexican actress to aspire to a place in Hollywood. And even though I had proven them wrong, I was still a nobody.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...-sexual-harassment-hes-monster-182854029.html

giphy.gif

Here u go skirts- something to look forward to...

Women more unhappy than men until they reach mid-80s

Women are more miserable than men for almost their entire lives and are happier only after the age of 85, according to a large NHS survey.

It found that women get progressively happier in retirement before overtaking men in their ninth decade. Psychiatrists say that this may be because so many are widowed by then.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F3ec712e6-e050-11e7-872d-4b5e82b139be.jpg

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...y-than-men-until-they-reach-mid-80s-j868mxzkv

Here u go skirts- something to look forward to...

Women more unhappy than men until they reach mid-80s

Women are more miserable than men for almost their entire lives and are happier only after the age of 85, according to a large NHS survey.

It found that women get progressively happier in retirement before overtaking men in their ninth decade. Psychiatrists say that this may be because so many are widowed by then.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F3ec712e6-e050-11e7-872d-4b5e82b139be.jpg

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...y-than-men-until-they-reach-mid-80s-j868mxzkv

Ha ha ha, so once their husbands die, they get happy? Lol, sounds like they were stupid for getting married in the first place.

One of my coworkers (a millenial) felt compelled to share her #metoo story with me. She was in college and eating at McDonald's alone. An older guy stared at her while he was in line. He then had the audacity to sit one booth over from her. She said she felt violated and reported it to the manager.

But hey!!!! This is sexual assault now. Sitting a booth over from a woman dining alone.

Should a man be forced out of his job because of an incident like this? NO. But is it happening? YES.

One of my coworkers (a millenial) felt compelled to share her #metoo story with me. She was in college and eating at McDonald's alone. An older guy stared at her while he was in line. He then had the audacity to sit one booth over from her. She said she felt violated and reported it to the manager.

But hey!!!! This is sexual assault now. Sitting a booth over from a woman dining alone.

Should a man be forced out of his job because of an incident like this? NO. But is it happening? YES.

What cracks me up is when chicks who make claims like this are as ugly as homemade soap.

What cracks me up is when chicks who make claims like this are as ugly as homemade soap.

She's fairly attractive. But yes, the majority of the women making claims like that are pretty ugly.

That sort of thing is the same thing as the "Everyone is bullying me!" conversation in the other thread. Everything we don't agree with is bullying or sexual harassment. The sad thing is these petty, stupid complaints will actually callous people to actual bullying and sexual harassment in the future. It's going to hurt the people who are actually being abused. I think a lot of it is because it's a "cool" movement and people like to be in on something like this when it starts to build.

Last edited:
That sort of thing is the same thing as the "Everyone is bullying me!" conversation in the other thread. Everything we don't agree with is bullying or sexual harassment. The sad thing is these petty, stupid complaints will actually callous people to actual bullying and sexual harassment in the future.

Exactly. And exactly why I don't have a #metoo story to share. It would insult the women who actually HAVE been assaulted, and that's not right (in my eyes). I think it's going to force a segregated society based on sex. Men only workplaces. Women only workplaces. It goes against everything women have fought for, and the liberals and radfems don't GET that.

Being a "victim" of something these days is contagious. Wouldn't surprise me if a good portion of these women are lying.

As a young man why didn't I feel sexually harassed when I was being groped by women?

Bet some of these women felt the same way...until now, "hey wait a sec, I was a victim too"!

uh-oh

Salma Hayek accuses Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment: He's 'my monster too'

The Oscar-nominated Mexican actress, whose films include Frida and Traffic, went public with her allegations on Wednesday, over two months after the movie honcho was first publicly accused of sexual misconduct in a New York Times piece. She shared her first-person story with the same publication in an op-ed titled “Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too....

Hayek says that when she was victimized — after Weinstein agreed to produce 2002’s Frida via his company Miramax — it was a time when “it was unimaginable for a Mexican actress to aspire to a place in Hollywood. And even though I had proven them wrong, I was still a nobody.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...-sexual-harassment-hes-monster-182854029.html

giphy.gif

Man that From Dusk Till Dawn movie really made me a fan of her. That's about as hot as it gets.

They got paid so that makes the rest of these points acceptable?

- They forever remain on the sex offenders registry list, despite having been found not guilty.
- Ever stopped to think that some of them may have loved the game of lacrosse and wanted to play? That they may have wanted to play professional lacrosse? They were stripped of their right to play the game over a lie
- What was the damage done to the lacrosse program that had to shut down? To recruiting at Duke? To the conference?
- How many taxpayer dollars were used to try a case that never should have gone to court?

A lot of lives, business and programs were affected.

Her false accusations had wide ranging, damaging ramifications.

Your view is very myopic.

My view is myopic? Please, don't use that term and then put statements in your post that aren't based on fact. Near-sighted indeed.

Ok, I'm not sure where you are getting facts on this case, and I will be the first to say it was a bullshit case, but my point is that they proclaimed innocence and guess what......they were found innocent. They are not on a sex offender registry, all charges were dropped and the prosecutor, Mike Nifong, was found in contempt of court for false statements and fraud. He was also disbarred. The case was dropped fairly quickly. It was a shame they didn't press charges against Mangum, they should have, but her dumb *** is in jail rotting now because she killed her boyfriend. The boys that were accused left Duke, which is another shame but to act like they never played again is false. Two of them in fact played Lacrosse for other schools and one went to a championship or tournament the other led his team in scoring. The third one just went to another university. They settled with Duke for an undisclosed amount. The main fallout occurred when Jesse Jackson got involved and tried to create a racism issue. When they were found innocent he tucked tail and ran. He's a piece of **** for never admitting to being wrong or apologizing. The Lacrosse coach was forced out of his job by co-workers and he also received a settlement from Duke for this. Two other players were given failing grades from a certain professor, and were also awarded settlements due to this and the professor was removed. The season was suspended, unfortunately, but the program wasn't shut down indefinitely. Not sure, where you are getting your facts from, but I'm from NC and this case was all over the news here, and with lots and lots of detail. Watching Mike Nifong have to claim bankruptcy due to not being able to practice was awesome.

There was fallout from this and it is a shame that they were falsely accused. I never stated it doesn't happen, it does. My point is that they were innocent and found to be innocent. These other people that are being accused now are not denying, and some are floundering with their "memories" of the situations or are just stepping down and walking away. Why? Because they did that ****, that is why and they know it, and they know it can be proved. Why wouldn't they fight if they were innocent.

I guess I'm struggling with the constant pointing out in this thread of exceptions, or small minority of people that are ******** and lie and drop false accusations for gain. They are in a minority, but why should those that are being truthful and bringing it out in the open not do so. People in general can be liars, but those liars shouldn't be the reason the truth gets squashed. **** people who lie, and **** people who use their power to intimidate and make others feel powerless. Neither is right.

Exactly. And exactly why I don't have a #metoo story to share. It would insult the women who actually HAVE been assaulted, and that's not right (in my eyes). I think it's going to force a segregated society based on sex. Men only workplaces. Women only workplaces. It goes against everything women have fought for, and the liberals and radfems don't GET that.

I guess I'm struggling with your reasoning. Are some people ultra sensitive and want to jump the bandwagon with false bullshit, absolutely. I'm not sure why you think unless someone was actually assaulted they should shut up. Why should women in the workplace deal with unwanted sexual comments, bosses that use their position to get "favors" putting the persons job in jeopardy. Why should anyone, men or women deal with that. If some guy or woman comes up behind me at work and starts massaging my shoulders and acting like a creeper why should I not say something to HR or my boss. I have had to deal with bullshit at work like this, and I shouldn't have to. I'm not prude, but **** someone treating me like an object and not a professional on an equal level. That is harassment and should not happen.

I guess I'm struggling with your reasoning. Are some people ultra sensitive and want to jump the bandwagon with false bullshit, absolutely. I'm not sure why you think unless someone was actually assaulted they should shut up. Why should women in the workplace deal with unwanted sexual comments, bosses that use their position to get "favors" putting the persons job in jeopardy. Why should anyone, men or women deal with that. If some guy or woman comes up behind me at work and starts massaging my shoulders and acting like a creeper why should I not say something to HR or my boss. I have had to deal with bullshit at work like this, and I shouldn't have to. I'm not prude, but **** someone treating me like an object and not a professional on an equal level. That is harassment and should not happen.

Just this week I have had my back rubbed once while I was working by a woman in the office and also a few times last week. She has also rubbed my chest several times when I walk past her and has made countless sexual comments to me. I don't encourage her but I don't freak out about it either. I won't report it to my superiors, but if I did they would laugh their ***** off and say "get the **** out of here". Partly because I am a male, but also because it's well known at work and is an office joke that she is kind of nutty and has no professional boundaries. It doesn't demoralize me or make me feel like less of a person. It makes me feel like she has some issues.

Last edited:
I've had women grab my ***,rub my chest, hands all over my arms and grab my junk in the past. Hell I had them bend over in front of me and push up against me...haha... I was moonlighting as a bouncer for a little. I was also single.It didn't bug me. Drunk people are amazing to watch when you're stone cold sober. They're also very stupid.

#MeToo.

Yes, it's true, I was a victim of sexual assault. About 10 years ago at a bar in Montreal a guy sitting next to me grabbed and squeezed my upper thigh. Apparently that's **** code for wanting to hook up. I said "if you touch me again I'm going to slam your head into this bar top 40 times." What really bothered me was how could anyone think that I could possibly have the ghey? It's preposterous, confounding. I later found out that it was fruit night at that bar, so I didn't feel too bad.

I just found out yesterday that girls poop. I am officially traumatized.

I wasn’t talking about the true victims. I’m talking about the people who are using the #metoo platform to ***** and moan about the slightest thing. As for getting harassed at work, again, it’s a gray area. Should men walk on eggshells and not speak any more because ANYTHING can be construed as harassment? No. It’s bullshit. I’m all for the real victims speaking up, but all this other fake victim **** makes it hard for anyone to be taken seriously.