• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Owl House Controversy

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So basically Disney can please no one these days… they’ve gone too woke for most of the population but not woke enough for the far left…

I know most here are aware of the Florida law labeled “ don’t say gay” in response to the conservative outrage over some of the more woke agendas and how some of the more liberal philosophies Disney has embraced of late has garnered considerable pushback from moderates and conservatives alike… but Im not sure if anyone here follows any liberal outrages…

Right now there is considerable unhappiness over the Disney Channel cancelling a show called “The Owl house”

Its a cartoon about a human girl stuck in a world full of witches trying to become a witch. Ive bothered to check it out. It isn’t a bad story at all… quite entertaining. It is very woke. Diversity for the sake of diversity stuff… but the lgbq alphabet crew adore it because the protagonist as well as her mentor are both in separate lesbian relationships…

The outrage is that despite good ratings, Disney cancelled it after a shortened season 3.

Now the meltdown crew is absolutely blaming everything they hate for it’s cancellation… the basic idea is that Disney is acquiescing to Christian homophobic and anti occult sentiments…

Now here is the problem with that.. there has been virtually nothing about this show being discussed on the conservative side… I honestly don’t think anyone cares… Disney has a long time reputation of canceling animated shows after 2 or 3 seasons REGARDLESS of how popular they are… its a business tactic to keep costs low… basically animation is costly as is, so only running shows while the voice and writing talent are on the cheaper first deal along with canceling them when the ratings are still great keeps them from paying a ton for a show in decline…

This decision is almost certainly no different than canceling gravity falls after 2 seasons or ducktails after 3…

The bottom line is that the Wokies are just throwing temper tantrums about everything that doesn’t go exactly as they wanted… and they are willing to attack everyone, even groups that have been huge allies to their movement, at the drop of a dime….

Disney produced Britney spears, Amanda Bynes. They control the children's minds.

pEl6CqV.png

Christian homophobic and anti occult sentiments…

I would watch a show that had this as it's focus. I did see The Jesus Revolution.

The fake news and fake people are the biggest drawbacks for sure

I cannot comment on fake food. I eat junk food here. It would be hypocritical of me to say anything. Lol

Insomniac, never heard of the show but no matter, I can guarantee you this: if it is made within the past 15 years, ANY white male character is stupid, evil, lazy, greedy, or some combination of the above.

Insomniac, never heard of the show but no matter, I can guarantee you this: if it is made within the past 15 years, ANY white male character is stupid, evil, lazy, greedy, or some combination of the above.
Can confirm. I bothered to watch a marathon to see what the hubub was about. It’s mostly fantasy creatures but the one human adult male is originally portrayed as a good guy but ultimately is a super evil thing that is portrayed similarly to a puritanical extremist…. I mean its just cliche at this point…

Can confirm. I bothered to watch a marathon to see what the hubub was about. It’s mostly fantasy creatures but the one human adult male is originally portrayed as a good guy but ultimately is a super evil thing that is portrayed similarly to a puritanical extremist…. I mean its just cliche at this point…
Most shows have been for a few years. There is a reason why I really only watch sports.

I do enjoy movies like the marvel stuff, minions, despicable me, the incredibles etc with my son.

He understands a lot of the PC stuff behind these shows but he doesn’t put much thought into it. We don’t raise him to be hateful because someone is different. From a centrist pov I see both sides at it

I’m the way I am because I put up with a lot myself in elementary and middle school. I dealt with bullying and racism for quite some time growing up. Especially by hispanic kids of all people. Mind you I’m 1/8th Japanese and used to get racial slurs and would constantly be in fights. I can never bring myself to judge anyone in a PC way. Having been on a pretty brutal side of it. There’s a jokingly way of things, but there is also an agenda way of things when a theme looks too common in multiple shows