• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TJ Watt Injury Update....

Chicoman

Reaction score
Late update tonight on TJ Watt. Apparently news is starting to trickle out about Watt's Torn Pec. I know there was alot of speculation earlier today about TJ Watt that is was a partial tear. Word in the Steelers news realm a few minutes ago is that TJ Watt will not need surgery and should return in 6 weeks by the midway point of the season. Great news for our Steelers. He's such a fun player to watch play football.

Last edited:
great news, now how can we compensate his time away? maybe with a decent OC?
Yeah, folks on the Titanic wanted more life boats too. I’m fact, the Titanic rising from the ocean floor and sailing again is probably more likely than us having a decent OC anytime soon.

Since TJ will have some free time the next few games, perhaps he can sit beside Canada duting games and smack him after each dumb play call.
Canada would be out cold after the first series

Seeing that Najee's foot injury is not bad either and could be back next week:

They would be better off letting him rest. He looked like a shell of himself on Sunday. He had no explosiveness or cutting abilities even when he had room to run.

Just rumors for now. He is getting 2 more opinions today and then we'll know. I'd say that means the decision is still definitely unknown. Hopefully, he'll get 3 opinions for no surgery. Then we can hope to get him back in the 2nd half of the season.

They would be better off letting him rest. He looked like a shell of himself on Sunday. He had no explosiveness or cutting abilities even when he had room to run.
To me...and just one mans opinion...he looked exactly like the same back as last year.
Not a big fan of the pick when it happened last year and he still hasn't changed my mind.

I know... I know...but the O-line..

They definitely need to rest Najee for a few weeks. He came back from the lisfranc too soon. You could see how tentative he was on it running in the game plus he was getting hit by 5 guys as soon as Mitch gave him the ball. Make sure he is as close to 100% with no reinjury issues before letting him run behind that line. Use Warren as RB1 and smell Snell can spell him for a few series.

Reactions: xjx
They definitely need to rest Najee for a few weeks. He came back from the lisfranc too soon. You could see how tentative he was on it running in the game plus he was getting hit by 5 guys as soon as Mitch gave him the ball. Make sure he is as close to 100% with no reinjury issues before letting him run behind that line. Use Warren as RB1 and smell Snell can spell him for a few series.
If he is not healthy........he shouldn't play.

If he doesn't play.....I would rather see Snell start and Warren spell him..

To me...and just one mans opinion...he looked exactly like the same back as last year.
Not a big fan of the pick when it happened last year and he still hasn't changed my mind.

I know... I know...but the O-line..
RB is one of the easier positions to play, that’s why a lot of teams wait until the latter rounds to draft them. It’s also the reason that when a back averages 2 ypc, you know it’s obviously the OL.

The tentativeness may be due to Najee not having any confidence in his OL. Much like a QB who leaves the pocket too soon.

Snell’s running style might be a slightly better option than Najee or Warren. That has nothing to do with Najee’s abilities and has everything to do with the inability of the OL to run block.

I'm a fan of Najee. That said, I was watching the Ramon Foster Show over at DK's site and he pointed out that both Najee and Warren "ran to darkness" at times during Sunday's game. He explained that they simply ran the plays as called and that sometimes a RB needs to trust his vision and take what is actually there instead of what is supposed to be there. As an example, if a hole between the center and guard that the play calls for is closed, but the guard and tackle have each moved their man even a foot or two, the back has to realize there's a crease there that isn't available in the original spot. According to Foster, the OL didn't make holes often, but they did create some creases that Najee and Warren failed to take advantage of.

I hope if TJ comes back he doesn't rush it or it's not one of those injuries that plague him for years now. I would certainly not rush him back

Warren earned the RB2 spot by definitely beating Snell in all 3 phases as a RB. Warren should be the RB1 until Najee comes back with Snell as RB2.

Currently agree but if Warren can't get it done then make the change.

Salute the nation

I'm a fan of Najee. That said, I was watching the Ramon Foster Show over at DK's site and he pointed out that both Najee and Warren "ran to darkness" at times during Sunday's game. He explained that they simply ran the plays as called and that sometimes a RB needs to trust his vision and take what is actually there instead of what is supposed to be there. As an example, if a hole between the center and guard that the play calls for is closed, but the guard and tackle have each moved their man even a foot or two, the back has to realize there's a crease there that isn't available in the original spot. According to Foster, the OL didn't make holes often, but they did create some creases that Najee and Warren failed to take advantage of.
Wolf said the same thing on "In the Locker Room".

If Watt comes back in 6 weeks it's still going to hurt and it will get re- injured. He won't be 100%.

Try second play from scrimage............................................

Salute the nation
I was trying to give him some credit that he could at least take a few punches...but yeah, he probably sucks at that too.

Currently agree but if Warren can't get it done then make the change.

Salute the nation
Of course but damn Warren can block as well. He didn't block in college and he's picked it up quickly. Give him a small hole and he hits it fast. He has more quickness and speed than Snell. Snell had his chance. I'm definitely pulling for Warren. I hope he takes advantage. Snell and McFarland never did.

I was trying to give him some credit that he could at least take a few punches...but yeah, he probably sucks at that too.

TJ doesn't mess around. The first play TJ gave him a scorned look and said that was your only chance. 2nd play, TJ ****-ing straight overhand right-ed him to out cold.

Salute the nation

If Watt comes back in 6 weeks it's still going to hurt and it will get re- injured. He won't be 100%.
I agree. I'd definitely keep him out for at least 8 weeks no matter what. See where we are and have him for the homestretch of the season.