• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin gets 3 year extension

Two lines from Amadeus come to mind "I will speak for you, Father. I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint."

"Mediocrities everywhere... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you all". That should be the Steeler slogan "Commitment to mediocrity". Another 9-8 or 10-7 season on the way.
In case some of yinz are wondering, that was from the movie Amadeus. Words uttered from composer/ Kings "Musical Advisor" by the name of Salieri.
A man of faith in the beginning of the movie who later denounced God, believing that God instilled him the yearning from childhood to be a great composer, except God forgot to give him the talent..

Instead, God gave the talent to this foul mouthed, obnoxious, and silly goofball by the name of Mozart, who Salieri came to despise.

Salieri ends up in a mental institution where he utters those words to all the mental patients he is surrounded by.

A great movie.

Last edited:
Hay Ron, I want to know. What has happened to the English language?
I had a difficult time translating that crap.
But then again, they probably will say I’m racist.
QBR.

In case some of yinz are wondering, that was from the movie Amadeus. Words uttered from composer/ Kings "Musical Advisor" by the name of Salieri.
A man of faith in the beginning of the movie who later denounced God, believing that God instilled him the yearning from childhood to be a great composer, except God forgot to give him the talent..

Instead, God gave the talent to this foul mouthed, obnoxious, and silly goofball by the name of Mozart, who Salieri came to despise.

Salieri ends up in a mental institution where he utters those words to all the mental patients he is surrounded by.

A great movie.

Mozart wrote a song called Lick Me in the ***

The only way Tomlin will win the Super Bowl again is if the team locks him in a locker before the game starts. Hell, they would have to do that in every playoff game as well! He doesn't have enough brains to get out of his own way! (Cowher finally did). This is a one of those signs that lets you definitively know that there is a hell!

I'm sure that weighs heavy. It's more big buisness now than a actual sport. As long as those seats are sold out and a long waiting list continues, why rock the boat at all. You can rest on what you did many years ago.

They've watered it down to squeeze every dime they can out of it.

I'm just glad I got to watch all of the good stuff before it disappeared.
You nailed it!

A team selling seats on past performance
A team getting paid for past performance
A team that gladly pays vets for past performance

A team living in the past, it’s getting hard to watch while retaining enthusiasm that NOW actually is the time and worthy of mine. It gets insane to watch the same predictable results year after year after year after year and then say “thank you sir may I have another? Mmmmm good”

Show some balls,Pussey. You constantly say things like this. Pull up where people on here are 100% behind Tomlin.

He says stuff Like that, by putting others down he feels it makes him look smarter.

Surprise, he looks just as manipulatively dumb as ever.

Salute the nation

You nailed it!

A team living in the past, it’s getting hard to watch while retaining enthusiasm that NOW actually is the time and worthy of mine. It gets insane to watch the same predictable results year after year after year after year and then say “thank you sir may I have another? Mmmmm good”

The only two things, that I can think off (it’s very early), that I would “order over and over and over……………

would be BACON, served by top-less Lunar White Castle Girls…………..

Salute the nation

you want to see luner topless? All good here. no probs.

Sometimes it the price you have to pay, to get the product you want……………………..

Salute the nation

Mozart wrote a song called Lick Me in the ***

Wow! I did not know that. I wasn't sure if that was a joke so I looked it up.

See what you started! LOL. I feel compelled to post a video that's slightly off topic, LOL

A scene in which Mozart mocks and then farts to a composition written by Salieri.

Salieri is the guy holding a mask. Mozarts dad is the guy in all black.

Just asking, will topless white castle girls be bikini dancing in the bed of the LS10 at St. Vincent's?

The only way Tomlin will win the Super Bowl again is if the team locks him in a locker before the game starts. Hell, they would have to do that in every playoff game as well! He doesn't have enough brains to get out of his own way! (Cowher finally did). This is a one of those signs that lets you definitively know that there is a hell!
Cowher won playoff games with Neil, Kordell, and Maddox before he had a HOF QB

Show some balls,Pussey. You constantly say things like this. Pull up where people on here are 100% behind Tomlin.
You've been missing the "hypocrite's" posts I see. And no thank you on the request to see my balls, I don't roll like that regardless of you and your woke world. Hit on someone else.

You nailed it!

THAT's what you get with Shades and now 3 more years of him.

You've been missing the "hypocrite's" posts I see. And no thank you on the request to see my balls, I don't roll like that regardless of you and your woke world. Hit on someone else.
Greg, I’d say most on here are NOT 100% behind Tomlin. That’s not to say we won’t support our team…On the contrary!
I mentioned in another thread that I believe Everyone on here wants him to succeed but we also are aware of the entire history with him. Meaning he loses to bad teams we should beat, plays too conservative on offense, has screwed up the QB position on this team, plays guys out of position, poor clock management, poor challenge record, plays favorites, cannot win in the playoffs but in fact gets totally out coached and destroyed, loses far too often to rookie coaches and QBs.
I could go on but I’m not.
We’re all well aware of his history here and I’ve gone out on the limb saying we will never win another SB or even be in one with him and I’m standing by that.
I’m afraid we’re stuck with him Greg since our opinions don’t matter. Only one opinion matters and we know who that is.

Cowher won playoff games with Neil, Kordell, and Maddox before he had a HOF QB
Yep and because of those three he wasn't playing with his hands tied behind his back in the playoffs with no depth. Look how quick he left when they had to pay Ben. Wonder what his record would have been filling out the roster with nobodies and still winning games. Lets see what happens with some depth and hopefully at least average QB play. Tomlin has had winning seasons with even worse QB's.

Greg, I’d say most on here are NOT 100% behind Tomlin. That’s not to say we won’t support our team…On the contrary!
I mentioned in another thread that I believe Everyone on here wants him to succeed but we also are aware of the entire history with him. Meaning he loses to bad teams we should beat, plays too conservative on offense, has screwed up the QB position on this team, plays guys out of position, poor clock management, poor challenge record, plays favorites, cannot win in the playoffs but in fact gets totally out coached and destroyed, loses far too often to rookie coaches and QBs.
I could go on but I’m not.
We’re all well aware of his history here and I’ve gone out on the limb saying we will never win another SB or even be in one with him and I’m standing by that.
I’m afraid we’re stuck with him Greg since our opinions don’t matter. Only one opinion matters and we know who that is.
I understand and appreciate everything you stated above, but that does not mean we have to remain silent about it. And let's not fool ourselves: It was the fans outcry that finally got Canada removed. Had it not been for the cheers of "Fire Canada" heard at Steelers - and even Pens' games - then nothing would have changed. Tomlin had one of his "buddies" in place and that overruled all. It's how that imbecile manages things: Buddies come 1st. Performance and production come after that. It was the fans who simply had enough who forced Art to make that change. We ALL know that.

And reading the tea leaves, even with Shades' new 3-year deal, the fans opinions matter to Art. And taking the temperature around Pgh, fans have had enough of Cool Shades. If things do not show any improvement, he will not see all 3 years of this contract in Pgh. There will be a change. I have NEVER seen the fans so against Tomlin as they are now. Never. Nearly 90% seem pretty against him remaining as head coach. And don't completely dismiss a drop in ticket sales; it can and will happen.

I understand and appreciate everything you stated above, but that does not mean we have to remain silent about it. And let's not fool ourselves: It was the fans outcry that finally got Canada removed. Had it not been for the cheers of "Fire Canada" heard at Steelers - and even Pens' games - then nothing would have changed. Tomlin had one of his "buddies" in place and that overruled all. It's how that imbecile manages things: Buddies come 1st. Performance and production come after that. It was the fans who simply had enough who forced Art to make that change. We ALL know that.

And reading the tea leaves, even with Shades' new 3-year deal, the fans opinions matter to Art. And taking the temperature around Pgh, fans have had enough of Cool Shades. If things do not show any improvement, he will not see all 3 years of this contract in Pgh. There will be a change. I have NEVER seen the fans so against Tomlin as they are now. Never. Nearly 90% seem pretty against him remaining as head coach. And don't completely dismiss a drop in ticket sales; it can and will happen.
Greg, I understand your frustration I really do but it’s Art’s team so regardless of how much we ***** it ultimately comes down to what Art wants not us.
Now with that being said, if Tomlin flops the next couple seasons and we miss the playoffs two more years then maybe Art gets excited and makes a decision but even then I doubt it.
They would probably move on to the next scapegoat.
Bottom line, Art loves the guy and thinks he’s got a great coach. He made him the second highest paid.

Greg, I understand your frustration I really do but it’s Art’s team so regardless of how much we ***** it ultimately comes down to what Art wants not us.
Now with that being said, if Tomlin flops the next couple seasons and we miss the playoffs two more years then maybe Art gets excited and makes a decision but even then I doubt it.
They would probably move on to the next scapegoat.
Bottom line, Art loves the guy and thinks he’s got a great coach. He made him the second highest paid.
But Art has publically said we must start winning playoff games, so we shall see if he was serious. Who knows? It's been 7 years.

As usual you have to deflect. You always make the blanket statement “ some in here” show us the posts. I don’t mind being singled out if it’s me. As I’m sure most won’t mind. What I said has nothing to do with your little imaginary “ hypocites” post. Nothing at all. Had to do with what YOU said. Show us the 100% behind Tomlin posts. Or STFU about it already.

Look how quick he left when they had to pay Ben. Wonder what his record would have been filling out the roster with nobodies and still winning games. Lets see what happens with some depth and hopefully at least average QB play. Tomlin has had winning seasons with even worse QB's.
Cowher's wife died, he didn't run out the door because they had to pay Ben. I'd say the lack of depth had as much or more to do with the majority of the teams 1st and 2nd round picks over a12 year period not seeing a second contract, than it did Ben's contracts. A couple left for bigger money, but most didn't warrant another contract. Hard to build a roster when you throw away that many top picks.

I honestly can't wait for Art to either retire or die (no, I don't wish death on anyone, but he is old so let natural selection take it's course a little quicker). I hope the one kid takes over (can't remember name and too lazy to look it up). He hates Tomlin and hates this new Steeler football. You will see **** changes drastically if and when he takes over!

I honestly can't wait for Art to either retire or die (no, I don't wish death on anyone, but he is old so let natural selection take it's course a little quicker). I hope the one kid takes over (can't remember name and too lazy to look it up). He hates Tomlin and hates this new Steeler football. You will see **** changes drastically if and when he takes over!
Who is that "one kid" that hates Tomlin and the new Steeler football? Inquiring minds want to know.