• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

training camp

xjx

Reaction score
Looks like camp opens on July 26th. If anyone gets info on camp schedule and days fans can visit, please post it. I want to go. Thanks

Not sure of actual dates, but yes, it looks like they report on 26th and start on 27th (14 days prior to 1st preseason game). The night practice at Latrobe stadium is the best event, but I heard they changed it last year. I haven't been the last 3 years.

For almost every day the 3:15 practice is open to fans. The exceptions are days before and after the preseason games, and on days there is a night practice there is not an afternoon one.

So probably from Jul 28th to around Aug 19th most days will have 3:15 practices open to public with the above exceptions.

so far so good (knock on wood)

Steelers Revelaively Healthy through 2 week of OTA's

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...s-relatively-healthy-two-weeks-ota-practices/

Camp is pretty ******* awesome although I haven't been in two years.

Wheaton's injury (although they say it's not serious) worries me. I'm hoping to see him step up this season.

Same goes for Worilds.

I live to far away to go to TC. I do GREATLY appreciate everyones reports, whom are there. Love reading about actual eyes on accountancies of the action. Regardless of opinion, seeing what takes place live is the best.

Salute the nation

I've found that it's best to go in the first two weeks before the 1st pre-season game. After that with all the off days (because of the new rules) and possible bad weather it is a real crap shoot going all the way there and finding no practices. I think they still had the night session at the high school stadium but it was just a standard practice and not a scrimmage as had been the case in previous years under Cowher.

I live to far away to go to TC. I do GREATLY appreciate everyones reports, whom are there. Love reading about actual eyes on accountancies of the action. Regardless of opinion, seeing what takes place live is the best.

Salute the nation
I'll second that. Even the contrary reports from folks that post things, sometimes i swear to just stir **** are interesting to read in the football void we are stuck with till the season starts. Thanks to everyone that goes and posts and oh by the way if somebody wont sign your jersey or what ever don't go to tears over it ok, it will be alright.

camp schedule is out today:

Steelers 2014 Training Camp Schedule

DATE

PRACTICE SCHEDULE

Friday, July 25 All players report by 4 p.m.
Saturday, July 26 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Sunday, July 27 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Monday, July 28 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Tuesday, July 29 Players Day Off - no Steelers' practice
Wednesday, July 30 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Thursday, July 31 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Friday, August 1 7 p.m. Night Practice at Latrobe's Memorial Stadium
Saturday, August 2 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Sunday, August 3 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Monday, August 4 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Tuesday, August 5 Players Day Off - no Steelers' practice
Wednesday, August 6 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Thursday, August 7 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Friday, August 8 No Steelers' practice - team travels
Saturday, August 9 First Preseason Game at N.Y. Giants (7:30 p.m., KDKA-TV)
Sunday, August 10 Players Day Off - no Steelers' practice
Monday, August 11 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Tuesday, August 12 2:55 p.m. and open to public
Wednesday, August 13 2:55 p.m. joint practice with Buffalo Bills, open to public
Thursday, August 14 5:30 p.m. evening practice at Saint Vincent College with Buffalo Bills, open to public
Friday, August 15 No Steelers' practice
Saturday, August 16 Camp Breaks - Second Preseason Game vs. Buffalo Bills (7:30 p.m., KDKA-TV)
Thursday, August 21 Third Preseason Game at Philadelphia Eagles (7:30 p.m., KDKA-TV)
Thursday, August 28 Fourth Preseason Game vs. Carolina Panthers (7:30 p.m., KDKA-TV)

http://www.steelers.com/news/articl...dule-set/9004f109-8127-4b8d-80a8-c31e5d29dac5
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...camp-schedule-times-practices-dates-locations

God help the first poor ******* to report of Archer dropping a pass, fumbling, etc.

arranging this sort of things especially when its about leading the team its more like an important thing that i follow normally. Currently because its about taking an overall performs ahead and taking something out of it i am sure a lot can be learnt from it so yeah this is how it is and i must say its appreciable.

dafuq?????

I already did. In the Archer thread.

He's already fumbled and/or dropped a pass in the 2014 training camp that hasn't happened yet?? B...because ya know, thats what this thread is ...about... (see: thread title)

He's already fumbled and/or dropped a pass in the 2014 training camp that hasn't happened yet?? B...because ya know, thats what this thread is ...about... (see: thread title)

It was in minicamp. And obviously I was joking.

**** you antdrew! you're not a real fan. this is a bunch of whiny ******* since our beloved took his color-coded tabbed spreadsheets and HD powerpoints and went home.

I forgot we were talking about Archer. Have to be super duper uber serious.

**** you antdrew! you're not a real fan. this is a bunch of whiny ******* since our beloved took his color-coded tabbed spreadsheets and HD powerpoints and went home.

cool guy chimin' in

There were a couple guys last year that did some good detailed reporting from camp. Hopefully that will continue this year.

I wanted to do a couple days at Tom's Run in the morning and camp in the afternoon this year but it looks like it's not happening, maybe next year.