• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump/Harris Debate

Read some post commentary and basic takeaway was she used his ego against him.
With every point she condescended and took some personal shot at him to make him angry, the watched him lose composure when HE was the one on the defensive.
It's Trump's fatal flaw, his ridiculously huge ego.
That said, I wouldn't vote for any Democrat to save myself from a burning building.

I couldn't bring myself to watch it.
The feeling I get here is that Kamala won.

Trump is such a simpleton when it comes to any form of public speaking. . There is no way a conservative should lose to a liberal in a debate.
It frustrates me that any conservative talker in the media would embarrass Kamala in a debate, but the guy that needs to most can't.

I didn't watch. It sounds like the media is happy with the soundbites they will use to push her to a win. A win for Harris is a loss for Americans.

Trump’s ego always controls him, and he is his own worst enemy.

All Trump needed to do was answer the questions while explaining things to all the low IQ voters out there. The game plan should be so simple. Answer the questions, don’t go off topic, and ignore Harris. So simple even a caveman can do it, but obviously not an ego maniac.

As far as the tariffs question, you have to explain why tariffs are being imposed and how it helps American jobs.

Abortion issue they keep attacking him with. Explain that it has been returned to the States for their own voters to decide. That each State will decide for themselves. Then explain that the abortion ban will have to be a Constitutional amendment, and that it will require 2/3 of the States to ratify it, and that that is unlikely.

Inflation. You have to explain that what Dems are claiming is truly misleading. Talk about the difference between TOTAL inflation in the last 3.5 years and the MONTHLY inflation numbers the Dems like to use to sound good.

This is absolutely asinine, how easily this election is to win, yet Trump would rather grandstand, embellish and make **** up. Stick to the FACTS, explain to all the idiots, and force people to hear the truth.

This is absolutely asinine, how easily this election is to win, yet Trump would rather grandstand, embellish and make **** up. Stick to the FACTS, explain to all the idiots, and force people to hear the truth.
He’s not capable of that. The guy is an idiot savant. Great at business, but not much else. Trump looked and sounded like a fool. She was far better prepared, and it showed. Trump’s performance was pitiful.

That said, I doubt this changes much of anything. People who were voting for Trump are still voting for Trump and vice versa. I mean, you can read this thread and see that much. I doubt the country as a whole is much different. It was the moderators, questions in advance, blah blah. Anything but the guy that ****** up what should have been a layup worse than Angel Reese.

After the last 3+ years, this election should be like free money, even for Trump. I can see where folks would have doubts. Here’s hoping they do another debate, and he performs much better.

He’s not capable of that. The guy is an idiot savant. Great at business, but not much else. Trump looked and sounded like a fool. She was far better prepared, and it showed. Trump’s performance was pitiful.

That said, I doubt this changes much of anything. People who were voting for Trump are still voting for Trump and vice versa. I mean, you can read this thread and see that much. I doubt the country as a whole is much different. It was the moderators, questions in advance, blah blah. Anything but the guy that ****** up what should have been a layup worse than Angel Reese.

After the last 3+ years, this election should be like free money, even for Trump. I can see where folks would have doubts. Here’s hoping they do another debate, and he performs much better.
Good summary Sarge. If there's another debate, I doubt he'd do any better. It is definitely not his strength. The only one I think he won was when Biden melted down and subsequently removed but he still got flustered in that one.

U can watch the Ohio citizens stories.
I posted the YouTube link already on another message.
It is really sad the democrats have did this to American citizens.
Mr. Trump's ear looked perfectly fine to me.

Please don't go there with the made up stories...

Again. I've been shot before. This is not a speculative comment.

Mr. Trump's ear looked perfectly fine to me.

I have been shot at also, two of my friends still have bbs in their heads from it.
give me $500 on you didn’t watch the Ohio citizens testimony at a city council meeting.
You just believe the bull that ABC just fed you.

Me either.
Like Tomlin says.
What they have put on tape is a disaster, economy, open borders, crime, child mutilation, wars, etc.
everything they have done has hurt me and my family
They don't give two ***** about your family or mine. It's all about power and from the looks of it completely destroying all sovereignty of the United States.

All he had to do was to state that even Saint Ruth Bader Ginsburg felt that Roe was flawed and the decision is now in the hands of the individual states.

That's it. It's in the states hands. Child murder should never be an issue in the first place, just like child genital mutilation being performed, but it is. Pretty sad.

It takes a special person to exterminate your own flesh and blood. I can't even fathom what it takes for a doctor to perform it.

You need a broken moral compass.

Good summary Sarge. If there's another debate, I doubt he'd do any better. It is definitely not his strength. The only one I think he won was when Biden melted down and subsequently removed but he still got flustered in that one.
As OFTB said, she left him plenty of openings and he just couldn’t go with substance over the show. If he’d just stick to the facts and stop worrying about dunking on her he’d be just fine. He just can’t help himself.

Mr. Trump's ear looked perfectly fine to me.e

what were the circumsataces? when you were shot. i am guessing i will be too, living in So Cal. I too am not speculating. I dont get it. . Except get used to it.

2024 has produced 2 Presidential debates which have demonstrated that two very old guys are not capable of being "Presidential" in a way that provides confidence and comfort to MOST of the people.

Both these old guys should be advisors to 50/60 year old leaders tasked with the grind of actually running the country.

Harris would have been easily challenged by a younger debater (like Shapiro/Gabbard/Ramaswamy), but that didn't happen.

This debate may not change anyone's mind, but it clearly demonstrates that BOTH parties have little concern for actual leadership from POTUS, and disdain of the needs of American people for a sentient POTUS.

That just sucks.

Trump lost the debate which means America lost last night.
Instead of going down the Migrants eating pets thingy he should have been prepared to bring up names of our kids killed by illegals.
He got rattled early and never came off it.
the "Moderators" were prepared to fact check Trump on the spot and did many times but never her.
It was not a fair debate, but he should have been prepared for that. he was not

Last edited: