• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump - Make America Great Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that I like about Carson is, I BELIEVE he would surround himself with people who know what they are doing, and his ego would let him do it. IF I was going to vote Republican, I could maybe bring myself to accept a Carson/Rubio ticket.

I wouldn't mind seeing Christie as AG either.

it'd be nice to see a POTUS surround himself with something other than sycophants..

I will bet you any amount of money Trump won't beat Hillary. You're living in hillbilly la-la land.

Deljzc

Right now Clinton has a 2.5% edge in the polls over Trump, but she's also behind in key blue state, Pennsylvania. Trump is slightly ahead in Florida. Combined these two states are worth 48 electoral votes. Obama won these states.

Obama beat Romney 322-206, However if you take away Florida and Pennsylvania from his tally, he barely gets elected at 274 electoral votes ( 270 needed to win ). If neither candidate passes 270 votes, the house and senate vote I think, and that means Hillary's a loser.

I would not be so smug. There's a lot of hard hitting material yet to be released on Clinton of her own words that will undermine an already very high untrustworthy rating. For example, she told her daughter it was a terrorist attack, then goes on air and blames a video to the general public trying to shield herself from blame. This isn't leadership, its subterfuge. Expect a commercial on this and many like it.

if you think any GOP candidate is going to win PA, you need to get drug tested and put yourself in rehab.

I think a Kasich/Rubio ticket could compete in PA, but it would be tough.

I actually still think Trump won't be the nominee. Come vote time when people close the curtain, I think the "poles" aren't really as accurate as some think.

As more of the low-level guys drop out, those votes for traditional candidates will start to coalesce.

Rubio is starting to make hay. And despite my worries I still think Cruz has a good shot. As Bush, Huckabee, Fiorina, Christie and Paul drop out, I think it tightens up to a 25%-25%-25%-25% battle between Trump - Carson - Rubio - Cruz. I wish Kasich would be in that mix, but I don't see it but he's getting my vote regardless.

Carson is really hitting home with the religious right. Not sure why, but his soft, pious voice is working. I thought he'd have faded away by now, but he's not.

But as this field drops to 4 or 5, it really gets interesting. I've never seen a primary this close among that many candidates before.

I actually still think Trump won't be the nominee. Come vote time when people close the curtain, I think the "poles" aren't really as accurate as some think.

As more of the low-level guys drop out, those votes for traditional candidates will start to coalesce.

Rubio is starting to make hay. And despite my worries I still think Cruz has a good shot. As Bush, Huckabee, Fiorina, Christie and Paul drop out, I think it tightens up to a 25%-25%-25%-25% battle between Trump - Carson - Rubio - Cruz. I wish Kasich would be in that mix, but I don't see it but he's getting my vote regardless.

Carson is really hitting home with the religious right. Not sure why, but his soft, pious voice is working. I thought he'd have faded away by now, but he's not.

But as this field drops to 4 or 5, it really gets interesting. I've never seen a primary this close among that many candidates before.

I'm a bit surprised Carson is still up there, too. I think it has more to do with him being an outside-the-beltway candidate than anything else.

Kasich got his *** handed to him by Trump. **** him, he's anti tax cuts.

NY Times thinks Christie needs to drop out, go home and take care of Jersey:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...s-christie-drop-out-presidential-race-n453991

AND

The Miami Sun-Sentinel thinks Rubio should resign from the senate:

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/10/sun-sentinel-rubio-if-you-dont-job-senator

Who knew politics could be so much fun?

President Trump should seriously consider Christie for Attorney General though.
Cruz as VP.
Carson Surgeon General or Director of HHS.
Fiorina Secretary of Commerce.
Jeb Postmaster General.

Speculation about Trump is starting to hit the masses. Some wonder about his sincerity, some wonder about his ability and others just don't know. My part time adviser, Fred took on the subject of illegal immigration and Trump recently. To no small surprise, he thinks just like I do about going after the employers.

Does a Mexican take an American’s job by putting a pistol to his head and saying, “Geeve me the shoffel or I weel blow your brines out”? Or do American businessmen (Trump is an American businessman) hire illegals, and encourage them to come, knowing perfectly well that they are illegal?

I will believe that Trump is serious about deporting illegals when he proposes to slap on employers a fine of $500 per day, per illegal, half to go anonymously to the informant if any, this to go into effect after a month’s grace period. It presumably could be packaged as enforcement of existing law, and therefore not require congressional approval. It would place the burden of verification squarely where it belongs, on the American businessmen who know well that they are hiring illegals.

The trouble with this approach is that it would work. Immediately. Slaughterhouses, farms, orchards, and construction firms would go ****-up. American businessmen (have I mentioned that Trump is an American businessman?) would suffer the consequences of doing what they knew they were doing. But of course American consumers would also suffer the consequences. So it won’t happen.

An explicit question that needs an explicit answer: Who is going to replace the illegals? Answer: No one. A guest-worker program would do the trick but the workers would still be Hispanics. No?

Blacks are not going to do the scut-work. They could have had the jobs long ago if they had wanted them. But welfare and leisure in Detroit appeal more than backbreaking labor under a hot sun in a tobacco field. Few whites will even consider standing ankle-deep in blood in an abattoir. Which leaves….

I think we will see Donald duck the question.

http://fredoneverything.org/thumpathumpthump-here-come-trump-pols-have-knickers-in-knot/

Speculation about Trump is starting to hit the masses. Some wonder about his sincerity, some wonder about his ability and others just don't know. My part time adviser, Fred took on the subject of illegal immigration and Trump recently. To no small surprise, he thinks just like I do about going after the employers.

Does a Mexican take an American’s job by putting a pistol to his head and saying, “Geeve me the shoffel or I weel blow your brines out”? Or do American businessmen (Trump is an American businessman) hire illegals, and encourage them to come, knowing perfectly well that they are illegal?

I will believe that Trump is serious about deporting illegals when he proposes to slap on employers a fine of $500 per day, per illegal, half to go anonymously to the informant if any, this to go into effect after a month’s grace period. It presumably could be packaged as enforcement of existing law, and therefore not require congressional approval. It would place the burden of verification squarely where it belongs, on the American businessmen who know well that they are hiring illegals.

The trouble with this approach is that it would work. Immediately. Slaughterhouses, farms, orchards, and construction firms would go ****-up. American businessmen (have I mentioned that Trump is an American businessman?) would suffer the consequences of doing what they knew they were doing. But of course American consumers would also suffer the consequences. So it won’t happen.

An explicit question that needs an explicit answer: Who is going to replace the illegals? Answer: No one. A guest-worker program would do the trick but the workers would still be Hispanics. No?

Blacks are not going to do the scut-work. They could have had the jobs long ago if they had wanted them. But welfare and leisure in Detroit appeal more than backbreaking labor under a hot sun in a tobacco field. Few whites will even consider standing ankle-deep in blood in an abattoir. Which leaves….

I think we will see Donald duck the question.

http://fredoneverything.org/thumpathumpthump-here-come-trump-pols-have-knickers-in-knot/

Truth and everybody knows it. Nobody's going to build a wall or deport anyone. Trump certainly isn't going to do it. Guess who's landscaping his golf courses and babysitting his kids? Has anyone investigated how many illegals are employed by Trump's various interests? Why not? Because the investigators would probably open themselves up to the same charges. Hard to find an industry these days that doesn't hire illegals in some capacity. My guess is most individuals in major metropolitan areas have too, either knowingly or unknowingly.

We could solve illegal immigration tomorrow if we enforced laws against hiring illegals, and took away government benefits. Boom, done. No wall needed. Nobody really wants to do it, that's the reality.

It's not just about the Mexicans who do peon work. Terrorists and criminals are flooding into our country too. We are not secure if we don't enforce Legal immigration.

It's not just about the Mexicans who do peon work. Terrorists and criminals are flooding into our country too. We are not secure if we don't enforce Legal immigration.
quoted for truth.

an uncle of mine, served in the Air Force, retired after 20+ years on the Border Patrol. He says "oh yeah, it's nothing but the innocent and dreamers coming across the border. looking to work hard and contribute. every goddamn one of them. the best and brightest."
then we laugh and laugh.

What are your "worries" on Cruz? And Carson is appealing to far more than the religious right. He appeals to many of us who still believe that hard work and perseverance are the keys to success and he is an example of the American dream. He appeals to those of us who think that it's time to get away from career pols. He appeals to those of us who don't believe you have to have been a governor or a congressman to be president and he appeals to those of us who recognize that an intelligent, thoughtful person without those experiences can still be a very good leader because the best leaders are unafraid of hiring (appointing) the best assistants (cabinet members).

I want to tell you, I'm gonna be such a great President, it's gonna be great. I'm gonna be so great, it's gonna be unbelievable. I'm gonna be so unbelievable, you're not gonna believe it. And I'm gonna build the best wall you've ever seen. It's gonna be so great, you're not gonna believe it, it's gonna be so unbelievable.

I want to tell you, I'm gonna be such a great President, it's gonna be great. I'm gonna be so great, it's gonna be unbelievable. I'm gonna be so unbelievable, you're not gonna believe it. And I'm gonna build the best wall you've ever seen. It's gonna be so great, you're not gonna believe it, it's gonna be so unbelievable.

That is kinda how I'm seeing him............

Trump's the Headliner in the Republican camp.
Carson is the Showstopper.

Trump gets all the attention while the media consistently goes out of their way to misquote Carson and take his quotes out of context.

Replace "great" with "hope" and he sounds like another guy I know.

Deljzc;

You can say the " poles " are off. I think they are + or - 5% almost always. Okay, let's say you are right. Trump can be overstated or understated on the poles. Consider this:

Look at the crowds Trump draws! Then look at everyone else including Clinton. Frontrunners who draw the biggest crowds are often for real.

The media is doing everything it can to take down Trump, and label him this or that. It is my contention that some people like Trump but are shy to admit it. Put these people in a private booth, and they have no such worry.

Folks need a tax break. Legal cheap labor it getting creamed by illegals in many cases. And many working class people who pay their taxes are tired of the people who vote for a living outnumbering the people who work and pay taxes. Trumps middle-class message, I think is a home run for him if articulated correctly.

If you remove incentives for the non-criminals to come here you have a lot more resources to focus on preventing the bad guys from coming in. Why are we so quick to prosecute the law breaking immigrants (as we should) but so unwilling to prosecute the law breakers who hire them? The law is the law right?

The wall and deportation thing may theoretically be the right thing to do, but it's never gonna happen. I don't care who is president.

Truth and everybody knows it. Nobody's going to build a wall or deport anyone. Trump certainly isn't going to do it. Guess who's landscaping his golf courses and babysitting his kids? Has anyone investigated how many illegals are employed by Trump's various interests? Why not? Because the investigators would probably open themselves up to the same charges. Hard to find an industry these days that doesn't hire illegals in some capacity. My guess is most individuals in major metropolitan areas have too, either knowingly or unknowingly.

We could solve illegal immigration tomorrow if we enforced laws against hiring illegals, and took away government benefits. Boom, done. No wall needed. Nobody really wants to do it, that's the reality.

I Disagree. Trump, if elected, will tighten up border security. The USA has problems with illegals which cost the taxpayers billions to support them. The crime created from illegals and drug trafficking is a problem too. And border security, in general, to deter terrorism needs to be a bit better. Who here is against any of this?

What's puzzling to me is how Democrats react. This is how they employ people, with governmental type of projects. They should be embracing this large project.

I guess some people who would rather have more votes at the expense of the above? Its all about winning elections, screw the USA tax payers and victims because of this problem.

Last edited:

Heard they weren't very smart either.

You forgot "I'm going to WIN".

He loves the W words. Win. Wall. Whites.

oh, did I add Whites? Woops.

Status
Not open for further replies.