• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Unemployment at 4.9% Here's Obama by the numbers

Really? So Eric Garner just had it coming for standing on the sidewalk (which is the only thing he was guilty of the day he was murdered by the police)?

Once again, Black is killed and the first thing out of your mouth is "What about the poor cop who murdered him? He's the real victim!"

What? I never said Eric Garner had it coming, nor did I ever say "Poor cop is the victim". All I have ever said is wait for the facts and investigation to come out. The reality is in the vast majority of these "White cop shoots black kid just because he's a racist hater" is not the truth. Sometimes it's negligence, sometimes it's incompetence, sometimes it's a rash act in anger, sometimes it's justified...RARELY is it intentional and/or race related. Those are the facts that have come out in almost every single one of these investigations. Yet Obama and others love nothing more than to pretend it's all about race, Keeps the anger and hatred stirred up which is good for them and bad for the country.

Yet Obama and others love nothing more than to pretend it's all about race, Keeps the anger and hatred stirred up which is good for them and bad for the country.
I'm real curious why you say this. Why is "keeping hatred and anger stirred up" good for President Obama? Please tell me.

What is your point? That racist people exist in the US? Did anyone ever say they didn't?

Actually, yes. Yes they did...

How many "conservative white people" have you ever heard speak ill of a black? You. Not you heard, or heard through some media outlet. You yourself. Spill.

I have known "conservative white people" my entire life and have yet to hear anything that could be even loosely construed as a "low opinion of Black people". In fact, the "conservative white people" I have known are the first to launch on anything anybody says about blacks.

Me personally, I have bought 5 houses in my lifetime. Three were next door to black families. One had a black family behind as well.

"Conservative white people" are getting sick and damn tired of being slandered by "love me I'm a liberal" ********.

During the 1970's the Plausible Deniability Policy towards race was developed. As the segregationists and Dixiecrats migrated away from the Democratic party because of LBJ's integration policies, the Republican party needed to re-brand itself in a way that it could gain their votes without confronting their prejudice. The solution was simple: perpetuate racism by denying it's existence. The angry hate mongers could play the game of using code language to attack minorities ("thugs" "illegals" etc.) while using crime statistics to back up their claim that their racial fears were justified. Not racism, just "realism". At the same time, the non-racist whites in the party all turn a blind eye to the tactics and pretend none of their friends/colleagues are racist because none of them use the "N" word.

The racists get cover, the non-racists have plausible deniability. And every time a cop does something heinous to a Black person, the very first thing they do is rush to the cop's defense.

What? I never said Eric Garner had it coming, nor did I ever say "Poor cop is the victim". All I have ever said is wait for the facts and investigation to come out. The reality is in the vast majority of these "White cop shoots black kid just because he's a racist hater" is not the truth. Sometimes it's negligence, sometimes it's incompetence, sometimes it's a rash act in anger, sometimes it's justified...RARELY is it intentional and/or race related. Those are the facts that have come out in almost every single one of these investigations. Yet Obama and others love nothing more than to pretend it's all about race, Keeps the anger and hatred stirred up which is good for them and bad for the country.

How many negative interactions have you had with the cops? How many times have you been profiled? Abused? Searched? Harassed? This statement shows that you're either totally dishonest, or completely out of touch with what cops are really like.

Last edited:
You changed you claim mid-stream.

Your initial claim is that you got your news from the WSJ. When shown that it's a Fox News propaganda rag, you then PIVOTED to say that you read it for the financial info. After which I asked if you read Playboy just for the articles. Now you're trying to claim that you couldn't have gotten any Fox News talking points from the WSJ because it's financial reporting is so super great. But the truth is, you DIDN'T KNOW that the WSJ was run by Fox News Corporate. Now that you do, you're trying to distance yourself from it's political bent.

You're caught red handed man. Just give it up already.

Jesus, NewsCorp owns the WSJ? Wow, breaking ******* news.

And you, sir, are the one caught changing the debate. I posted my comments, specifically proving that I was citing the WSJ for financial information. Indeed, the data I posted was about ... wait for it ... ECONOMIC data for the United States during the Bammy administration, at which point you trotted out the tired, worn, Hillary-old, no, BERNIE-OLD claim that I was repeating "talking points" from a source I don't watch.

I then refuted your claim by identifying where I derived my arguments in this thread.

My arguments about OBAMA'S FINANCIAL RECORD as President.

Jesus, I posted the charts and graphs to respond to your post ABOUT OBAMA'S FINANCIAL RECORD AS PRESIDENT.

Now having been shown to be wrong - by your own admission - about the WSJ as a financial news source, YOU change the argument. "Oh yeah, well Fox news and talking points."

I am not surprised by your refusal to own your mistake. That seems to be a common thread among Obama supporters.

if Bomma were to stab first-born white male babies in the Rose Garden on the 1st of every month, and got blood on his shoes, liberals would defend this **** with "Well, what did you think would happen? those white babies should feel privileged to bleed on those loafers. get down off your high horse."

what will be interesting is when the REAL unemployment numbers are released after 1Q in 2017 and how libs cry and scream how the new President could have let the numbers escalate so highly so quickly.

And some more easy reading for a Friday afternoon.

How Trump Happened
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ump_happened_racism_against_barack_obama.html

"It’s not just anger over jobs and immigration. White voters hope Trump will restore the racial hierarchy upended by Barack Obama."

Utter hogwash.
Most Trump supporters are fed up with the mess that career politicians have made for decades in Washington.
What is there not to get about that?

Go back to reading your political fiction pieces.

Actually, yes. Yes they did...

What Vincent said is he has never personally encountered an overt racist. Not that unusual really considering they are a tiny and ever-shrinking percentage of the population. The vast majority of us live and work and interact in complete harmony with people of all races. This "racist" white conservative attended Temple University in North Philadelphia and lived and worked in Washington DC among people from many different races and cultural backgrounds (although I know we're not supposed to say "I get along great with black people, have all my life" because apparently that's racist too). He didn't say racists don't exist. They do, however the fact that Obama was elected at all suggests not that racism is on the rise, but that it's racing toward extinction.

The fact is that some conservatives resent some of Obama's policies and statements vis a vis race relations and believe they are divisive. That doesn't make us racists.

During the 1970's the Plausible Deniability Policy towards race was developed. As the segregationists and Dixiecrats migrated away from the Democratic party because of LBJ's integration policies, the Republican party needed to re-brand itself in a way that it could gain their votes without confronting their prejudice. The solution was simple: perpetuate racism by denying it's existence. The angry hate mongers could play the game of using code language to attack minorities ("thugs" "illegals" etc.) while using crime statistics to back up their claim that their racial fears were justified. Not racism, just "realism". At the same time, the non-racist whites in the party all turn a blind eye to the tactics and pretend none of their friends/colleagues are racist because none of them use the "N" word.

Calling people who do drugs and commit crimes "thugs" is not racist. Calling people who are in this country in violation of the law "illegals" is not racist. Neither of these terms have anything to do with race, they have to do with one's actions.

The racists get cover, the non-racists have plausible deniability. And every time a cop does something heinous to a Black person, the very first thing they do is rush to the cop's defense.

Every time a cop hurts or kills a black person, the race baiters immediately assume it was a race based hate crime. No matter if the cop has no record of any such attitudes or actions. No matter if the facts of the interaction aren't known. No matter if witnesses are proven to have lied to defend the criminal and make the cop look guiltier. Cop is a racist murderer.

How many negative interactions have you had with the cops? How many times have you been profiled? Abused? Searched? Harassed? This statement shows that you're either totally dishonest, or completely out of touch with what cops are really like.[

Profiled once (because I was driving my boyfriend's car which was covered in Grateful Dead stickers).
Abused none.
Searched once or twice before getting on a plane
Harassed not sure what you mean. Asked questions? Asked to move back away from something? Asked not to park somewhere or to keep my speed down? Asked if I'd had anything to drink that night? A few times. Never been beaten maced or shot, but then again I never: ran....told the cop to **** off...assaulted the cop...refused to show my hands...reached into my waistband for my realistic looking fake gun...ya know, the kind of thing that tends to make you look like a threat to society.

Last edited:
I know a whole lot more people who are either unemployed or under employed now versus when the President took office

What Vincent said is he has never personally encountered an overt racist. Not that unusual really considering they are a tiny and ever-shrinking percentage of the population. The vast majority of us live and work and interact in complete harmony with people of all races. This "racist" white conservative attended Temple University in North Philadelphia and lived and worked in Washington DC among people from many different races and cultural backgrounds (although I know we're not supposed to say "I get along great with black people, have all my life" because apparently that's racist too). He didn't say racists don't exist. They do, however the fact that Obama was elected at all suggests not that racism is on the rise, but that it's racing toward extinction.

The fact is that some conservatives resent some of Obama's policies and statements vis a vis race relations and believe they are divisive. That doesn't make us racists.

Calling people who do drugs and commit crimes "thugs" is not racist. Calling people who are in this country in violation of the law "illegals" is not racist. Neither of these terms have anything to do with race, they have to do with one's actions.

Every time a cop hurts or kills a black person, the race baiters immediately assume it was a race based hate crime. No matter if the cop has no record of any such attitudes or actions. No matter if the facts of the interaction aren't known. No matter if witnesses are proven to have lied to defend the criminal and make the cop look guiltier. Cop is a racist murderer.

Profiled once (because I was driving my boyfriend's car which was covered in Grateful Dead stickers).
Abused none.
Harassed not sure what you mean. Asked questions? Asked to move back away from something? Asked not to park somewhere or to keep my speed down? Asked if I'd had anything to drink that night? A few times. Never been beaten maced or shot, but then again I never: ran....told the cop to **** off...assaulted the cop...refused to show my hands...reached into my waistband for my realistic looking fake gun...ya know, the kind of thing that tends to make you look like a threat to society.

I'm not racist, I wave at a black guy just about every day on the way to work.....

Keep people viewing themselves as victims. Keep them dependent on government. Keep them voting Dem.

Black unemployment is up over the last 7 years under FBP's leadership. He obviously hates black people.

what vincent said is he has never personally encountered an overt racist. Not that unusual really considering they are a tiny and ever-shrinking percentage of the population. The vast majority of us live and work and interact in complete harmony with people of all races. This "racist" white conservative attended temple university in north philadelphia and lived and worked in washington dc among people from many different races and cultural backgrounds (although i know we're not supposed to say "i get along great with black people, have all my life" because apparently that's racist too). He didn't say racists don't exist. They do, however the fact that obama was elected at all suggests not that racism is on the rise, but that it's racing toward extinction.

The fact is that some conservatives resent some of obama's policies and statements vis a vis race relations and believe they are divisive. That doesn't make us racists.

Profiled once (because i was driving my boyfriend's car which was covered in grateful dead stickers).
Abused none.
harassed not sure what you mean. Asked questions? Asked to move back away from something? Asked not to park somewhere or to keep my speed down? Asked if i'd had anything to drink that night? A few times. Never been beaten maced or shot, but then again i never: Ran....told the cop to **** off...assaulted the cop...refused to show my hands...reached into my waistband for my realistic looking fake gun...ya know, the kind of thing that tends to make you look like a threat to society.

help help, im being microaggressed!!

But we're the racists...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...americans-have-lost-ground-under-obama-video/
What about poverty? In 2009, when Obama took office, the black poverty rate was 25.8 percent. As of 2014, according to Pew Research Center, the black poverty rate was 27.2 percent.

What about income? CNNMoney says, “Minority households’ median income fell 9 percent between 2010 and 2013, compared to a drop of only 1 percent for whites.” The Financial Times wrote last October: “Since 2009, median non-white household income has dropped by almost a 10th to $33,000 a year, according to the U.S. Federal Reserve’s survey of consumer finances. As a whole, median incomes fell by 5 percent. But by the more telling measure of net wealth — assets minus liabilities — the numbers offer a more troubling story.”

What about net worth and the black-white “wealth gap”? The Financial Times said: “The median non-white family today has a net worth of just $18,100 — almost a fifth lower than it was when Mr. Obama took office. White median wealth, on the other hand, has inched up by 1 percent to $142,000. In 2009, white households were seven times richer than their black counterparts. That gap is now eightfold. Both in relative and absolute terms, blacks are doing worse under Mr. Obama.” Remember, these numbers apply to all “non-whites.” For blacks, it’s worse.

When looking only at “black net worth” — which is lower compared to non-whites as a whole — white households are actually 13 times wealthier than black households. From 2010 to 2013, according to the Federal Reserve, white household median wealth increased a modest 2.4 percent, while Hispanic families’ wealth declined 14 percent, to $13,700. But blacks’ net worth fell from $16,600 to $11,000. This is an astonishing three-year drop of 34 percent. Investors Business Daily put it this way, “That’s a steeper decline than occurred from 2007 to 2010, when blacks’ net worth fell 13.5 percent.” The black/white “wealth-gap” has reached a 25-year high.

What about unemployment? In 2009, black unemployment was 12.7 percent, and by 2014, it had fallen to 10.1 percent. This sounds like good news until one examines the black labor force participation rate — the percentage of blacks working or seeking work. It’s the lowest since these numbers have been recorded.

Really? The behaviour of citizens in a country is a manifestation of the president, his views, his wishes? So if statistics for bank robberies goes up during a given period, that must mean the president is promoting a culture of bank robbery? Race relations took a downturn after multiple instances of police overstepping their bounds with inner city youth. Justice has not been blind, as it should be. Simple as that. To say the president somehow negatively affected race relations is a strawman argument if there ever was one.

Talk about going off the reservation. The evidence (and it really was) that I provided was laced with Obama's actions.

Who he's sent to funerals, and which funerals, what his DOJ has prosecuted as hate crimes (or not), his comments about police, and manifestly his universal inaction when Presidents of character would have acted. And on and on.

Read again.

I think the deep resentment of minorities by whites has been strengthened by the fact we've had an African American in the White House.

Actually, I believe you and the rest of the MSNBC-consuming Liberal media buy into what they want you to repeat. They tell you Conservatives are racist. They tell you we are white supremacists. And you buy it and you repeat it.

It's been studied - Conservatives are more charitable with their time and their money than Liberals, across races. But facts be damned. You hear their rhetoric, you digest it, you repeat it. This is the Alinsky liberal way.

Iam just about done with being called a racist because I don't knuckle under to Y T Guilt.

I was critical of the actions of the police in both the Eric Garner and Michael Brown situation. Treyvon Martin got what he deserved for physically attacking another person in the dark of night. This brings me to a salient point. SV you are black so police your own. Blacks are less than 20% of the population of the USA but they committ 80% of the violent crimes. And before you pull out the bullshit about disparate sentencing and whites getting lighter sentences for the same crime learn how the sentencing laws work. Unless the crime is one that carries a mandatory minimum there will be no prison sentence. There must be multiple convictions before a prison term and that's why young black males wind up in prison. Usually the YBM that gets sent to the penitentiary is a frequent flyer in the criminal justice system. Whites don't resent minirities but we do resent being told we are privileged when in fact all we have done is followed the rules and taught our kids to do the same. The world don't owe you a living, look to yourself and clean up your own house that will fix your problem.

Iam just about done with being called a racist because I don't knuckle under to Y T Guilt.

I was critical of the actions of the police in both the Eric Garner and Michael Brown situation. Treyvon Martin got what he deserved for physically attacking another person in the dark of night. This brings me to a salient point. SV you are black so police your own. Blacks are less than 20% of the population of the USA but they committ 80% of the violent crimes. And before you pull out the bullshit about disparate sentencing and whites getting lighter sentences for the same crime learn how the sentencing laws work. Unless the crime is one that carries a mandatory minimum there will be no prison sentence. There must be multiple convictions before a prison term and that's why young black males wind up in prison. Usually the YBM that gets sent to the penitentiary is a frequent flyer in the criminal justice system. Whites don't resent minirities but we do resent being told we are privileged when in fact all we have done is followed the rules and taught our kids to do the same. The world don't owe you a living, look to yourself and clean up your own house that will fix your problem.

I can understand maybe having some questions about Garner, but not Brown. If anyone ever deserved to get shot it was that mfer.

I can understand maybe having some questions about Garner, but not Brown. If anyone ever deserved to get shot it was that mfer.

Once Michael Brown broke contact with the officer he was no threat. It's a matter of conjecture whether or not he charged at the officer. The grand jury chose to believe the officer rather than the witnesses on site. I still have questions and I do not believe that the evidence was properly presented to the grand jury. But I'm not going to go into that whole thing again.

Nobody said feel guilty. I certainly didn't. I don't blame YOU for the actions of all white people.

I was critical of the actions of the police in both the Eric Garner and Michael Brown situation. Treyvon Martin got what he deserved for physically attacking another person in the dark of night.

A strange man chased down a teenager and accosted him. The teenager panicked and started fighting. You leave out that first part, I notice. You never got in a fight when you were 17? And if so, do you deserve to be dead now? I don't think you've really thought that one through. Only ******* pull guns in a fistfight. Especially when they've got 40 pounds on the kid whippin' your ***.

Nutless.

This brings me to a salient point. SV you are black so police your own. Blacks are less than 20% of the population of the USA but they committ 80% of the violent crimes.

There it is. The crime stats. "Them thar darkies don got it comin' Jed! Them thar darkies is dangerous!" Like a broken record player.

Conservatives are super concerned with crime, but have no interest in what causes it. That's because they have no genuine interest in fixing it.

And before you pull out the bullshit about disparate sentencing and whites getting lighter sentences for the same crime learn how the sentencing laws work. Unless the crime is one that carries a mandatory minimum there will be no prison sentence. There must be multiple convictions before a prison term and that's why young black males wind up in prison.

Who the **** told you that lie? I work with adjudicated youth. Prisons are FULL of first time felons. Some judges/county do diversion for possession of dope, some don't. But whoever told you first time felons don't do hard time lied their *** off. It's not even remotely true. You got anything over a low end possession charge, and you're doing time. Exercise your 2nd Amendment rights? You're doing time. You've been lied to. Big time.

Usually the YBM that gets sent to the penitentiary is a frequent flyer in the criminal justice system. Whites don't resent minirities but we do resent being told we are privileged when in fact all we have done is followed the rules and taught our kids to do the same. The world don't owe you a living, look to yourself and clean up your own house that will fix your problem.

There is a cultural, economic, and systemic problem with crime in the Black community. No question. But that does not excuse police abuses. Cowards should not wear the badge. If you're that scared that you panic at the sight of a wallet (Diallo case) that you've got to empty the magazine on an innocent man, you need to be doing something else for a living.

And this is to say nothing of the drug war itself. The issue of Blacks in the system has alot more to do with targeting and profiling. Drug use rates in Black and white communities of similar economic means is roughly equal. Yet it's Blacks who are vastly more likely to be busted. If it's not racial targeting, how do you explain the disparity?

I'm real curious why you say this. Why is "keeping hatred and anger stirred up" good for President Obama? Please tell me.

Getting blacks to vote and supporting the black cause has given democrats a lot of political power. They know they have to continue to support the black cause, and therefor it must continue to exist.

It doesn't matter that a black man has been elected president twice, or that Will Smith and Beyoncé are among the most popular celebrities, or that the Cosby Show was hugely popular THREE DECADES ago, or that people would sooner use the word "****" than "nigger", racism must continue to be perceived as a major problem in our society.

Everybody knows what "playing the race card" means, think about the how and why of that. Fifty years ago it would have been preposterous.

Racial targeting is a real thing, unfortunetly.

Profiling exists, it's not always racial. I know, I was profiled for being one of two young men driving a sports car with out-of-state plates on the interstate. The cop pretty much admitted as much when he asked to search the car after pulling me over for having my driving lights on after sunrise.