• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Urban Liar placed on paid leave - Michigan may still lose the Big 10

oh bullshit, you really gonna make me dig up the facts about where paterno reported it up the chain?

LOL.....Did it continue after he reported it up the "chain"? SMH. All to protect his program. That is what all of these programs do....no matter who gets hurt. In Paterno's case, it was little children, unfortunately. Not a battered wife of a coach.

People looking the other way is what allows this kind of abuse to continue. That head in the sand, keep it in the family BS should be brought to to bear on the participants.

sooo,, MRS Urban Meyer, is guilty of Title 9 for non reporting. ….

That's the whole thing. We don't know yet if Mrs. Urb told Urb, or if there is any evidence of such. We may never know. If Urb didn't know then he's not responsible. On the other hand, me and most people know that if Urb was told and faced with firing a pretty good coach who beats his wife, well what's one battered woman versus a good D1 football program? Collateral damage. I can EASILY see that happening.

I hope Urban gets in big trouble. Not the first time he's lied either.

That's the whole thing. We don't know yet if Mrs. Urb told Urb, or if there is any evidence of such. We may never know. If Urb didn't know then he's not responsible. On the other hand, me and most people know that if Urb was told and faced with firing a pretty good coach who beats his wife, well what's one battered woman versus a good D1 football program? Collateral damage. I can EASILY see that happening.

It's easy for people to criticize Urb, but there is a lot of pressure when you hear that type of information, especially if he's getting a different story from his assistant. I haven't read a whole lot from this story, but why wasn't law enforcement involved?

oh bullshit, you really gonna make me dig up the facts about where paterno reported it up the chain?

"reported it up the chain"

you're talking about an old man butt ******* little boys in the university shower. you don't "report up the chain" on that ****. You call the cops and beat the ******* **** out of the pedo until the cops arrive.

"report up the chain" **** that.

for Ohio State, the issue is the reputation that will follow.

Just like at Penn State. While Franklin is doing a good job there, when people think of Penn State, they think of Joe Paterno. Then the thoughts not of his wins, or his bowl games or his titles, but that under his watch little boys were butt ****** in the university showers. Even if he didn't know anything about it, that is the rep that comes from something as scandalous as that. Oh, "Joe reported it up the chain." whatever.

With Ohio State, Meyer knew of the first incident. He's on record saying he knew of it. He's also on record of saying he and his wife discuss "everything" about the football program. Including the coaches, coaches wives, coaches families, etc as well as the players and their situations. Mrs. Meyer was so struck by the conversations she had with Smith's wife that she said she "had" to tell Urban. So, in this instance, you realistically believe that Urban didn't know, while the assistant and positional coaches and their wives knew? Urban is said to run a TIGHT ship with his program - he's been compared to Belichik in how heavy handed he is with all aspects of his programs.

Yet, he "didn't know" and everyone else did.

I don't give a **** about OSU or Big 10 football, and have no stake in this, but the preposterous idea that Meyer did NOT know is ridiculous at best.

It's easy for people to criticize Urb, but there is a lot of pressure when you hear that type of information, especially if he's getting a different story from his assistant. I haven't read a whole lot from this story, but why wasn't law enforcement involved?

Everything I've heard so far says that she never notified law enforcement or the university. Only Mrs. Urb, who apparently is a university employee too.

With Ohio State, Meyer knew of the first incident. He's on record saying he knew of it. He's also on record of saying he and his wife discuss "everything" about the football program. Including the coaches, coaches wives, coaches families, etc as well as the players and their situations. Mrs. Meyer was so struck by the conversations she had with Smith's wife that she said she "had" to tell Urban. So, in this instance, you realistically believe that Urban didn't know, while the assistant and positional coaches and their wives knew? Urban is said to run a TIGHT ship with his program - he's been compared to Belichik in how heavy handed he is with all aspects of his programs.

Yet, he "didn't know" and everyone else did.

I don't give a **** about OSU or Big 10 football, and have no stake in this, but the preposterous idea that Meyer did NOT know is ridiculous at best.

Exactly. I find it hard to believe that Urb didn't know but they may not be able prove that he did.

Last edited:
He knew. The contortions you have to go through to believe he didn't know are astronomical. The only people in denial are Ohio State fans, just like a bunch of Penn State fans were in denial about Paterno. Out with bad rubbish, I say.

OSU is a tier 1 job in NCAAF. OSU will have no shortage of outstanding candidates lined up to replace Urban. They may have a bit of a down year this year as a result, but they will be right back in the mix in about no time.

I’m surprised that OSU has not fired Meyer yet.

This guy has a track record of manipulating a program.

Michigan will* still lose the Big Ten

Yes if he kept this guy on for 3 more years after he knew he was beating his wife, that's fireable. Even as a PSU fan, I don't hate Urban. I respect his coaching ability. But I haven't trusted, since those old Florida Gator teams, that he is capable of doing the right thing when "his guys" are out of line. For example, I suspect he knew Hernandez was a real true to life gangster but protected him
Yeah I guess Hernandez had CTE in college too.

Based on the ALCU website: “Under Title IX, discrimination on the basis of sex can include sexual harassment, rape, and sexual assault. A college or university that receives federal funds may be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores sexual harassment or assault in its programs or activities.”

This seems to imply any member of the university/college staff who ignores assault are legally responsible. There are texts with Mrs Meyer consoling the ex and advising she would tell Urban about what was going on.

If I was on the Board at OSU, I would be nervous to no end at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

I sort of like OSU, and was a big admirer of Urban Meyer, the football coach.

However, if he knows about this &H^T, broom him now. Don't wait.

OSU promoted Ryan Day to interim football head coach. Here's what I find interesting, Day was hired last season. Ohio State did not promote a coach who has been around the program for years, which makes me wonder who else on the staff might have known about the allegations.

He knew. Wrote a letter stating as much. Story is on Yahoo! Sports. Says he reported as required. We’ll see what happens.

**waits to see if "reporting to superiors" satisfies the mob**

Nothing satisfies the mob.

Someone beats my ***, I call the cops myself and not tell my teacher.

I don't mean to sound like a butthole. I'm all for the law. I don't like witch hunts. I want facts and due process. This reeks of a witch hunt from Urban Meyer haters. It just does to me. I just like the police to handle the law, not what he may or may not have known. etc. If the **** stick abused his wife, he should have been arrested and the university fired him. That's all im saying. Its like thought police.

Too late about sounding like one.

Meyer initially told reporters at Big Ten Media Days on July 25 that he didn't know anything about abuse allegations made by Courtney Smith in October 2015. In a statement released Friday via Twitter , Meyer admitted that he knew about the 2015 incidents and insisted he followed proper protocol. He also admitted lying to reporters about it.

[/B]VIDEO: OHIO STATE PUTS MEYER ON PAID LEAVE

What Meyer knew and when he knew it became a question after college football writer Brett McMurphy reported that Courtney Smith had told Meyer's wife Shelley about the 2015 incidents and shared pictures of injuries through text messages that she shared with McMurphy.
Smith denied assaulting his wife and said any physical injuries she might have suffered were the result of him defending himself. He said he discussed the 2015 allegations at the time with Meyer and athletic director Gene Smith.

Ohio State's policy on sexual misconduct says anyone who supervises faculty, staff, students or volunteers has a duty to report "when they receive a disclosure of sexual misconduct or become aware of information that would lead a reasonable person to believe that sexual misconduct may have occurred involving anyone covered under this policy."

A clause in Meyer's new contract, which raised his salary to $7.6 million this year and runs through 2022, also requires him to "report to Ohio State's Title IX athletics any known violations" of the sexual misconduct policy involving students, faculty or staff at the risk of being fired with cause.
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...by-outside-firm-expected-to-take-2-weeks.html

Ask Penn State about the excuse of he told someone....did not work there . Of course this is the golden child who got away with all kinds of stuff in Florida and wanting to spend more time with family leaves, what is his excuse this time if finally held accountable?

The difference is the board at PSU wanted Paterno gone for years and to clean their hands of the situation. Ohio State wants to keep Urban so i doubt he'll go anywhere. Maybe They'll suspend him a game or 2 and he'll make some donations or go to a sensitivity course or something, but i'd be shocked if he's fired.

In the slim chance Urb does get fired, he'll just sit out the year and wait until Brian Kelly gets fired at Notre Dame