• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Very interesting with Aiyuk

I’m one of the few who spoke not wanting him when he was drafted, gut feeling.

Salute the nation

There were some here who wanted him pretty badly... (though to be fair, I myself wasnt exactly opposed to it)

One kept insisting we should have used the pick we wasted on Bush on either him or Greedy Williams... which, i mean, DK would have been way more useful for a bit, but people would be screaming AB 2.0 today ...

To be fair you also have to add a 28-30 million contract. 112-120 million over 4 years with probably 80% + guaranteed. Just my estimation according to reports.
I would love to have him. I think he’s a stud. But the contract scares me. Beyond this year we have no QB,TE,RB, signed. While all playing on existing cheaper contracts. If George has any type of year at all,when he hears what Aiyuk signs for,believe me,he will want similar. Realistically if this happens we could be looking at 55-60 million a year for 2 WR’s. This is the question. Is this comfortable? Without even knowing our QB situation yet? I think this should wait. Let’s use the draft process.
You’re right about the cap allocation for the WR position. Adding BA walks ya down a path to either

-2 WRs making 60 million so no money for a QB to throw to them
-Letting GP walk after contract up or trading him after the season to try to recoup capital spent for BA…either way basically only setting yourself up for 1 season of 2 good receivers before being right back in the same boat but a worse cap position

Seems the best play would be another option unless this is unequivocally THE YEAR, we’re all in cuz the SB window is wide open…I just don’t see that as the case right now tho unfortunately

Dangle Moore or Daniels out there for a legit 2 and throw in a later round pick if necessary…Khan doesn’t need to cave to bad trades out of desperation. Always negotiate from a position of power and go find that OL needy team to dance with.

It feels like maybe Dookie is "helping" Omar to stay in the bidding.....not really sure why, but this seems a big departure from normal Steeler transactions.....way too much press and SM bullshiit.

But now Cleveland wants him and will pay handsomely to complete their set.
Every season those Browns keep pushing more and more cap out... eventually that **** comes due... let me put this into perspective

While they have 28 million in space burning a hole in their pocket right now, They are over the estimated 2025 cap right now by 85 million dollars... they are already over the 2026 cap by 15 million... thats with huge cap increases factored in.. in 27 they are under the cap but already allocated 138 million dollars towards it...and in 2028 they have zero players currently under contract, but already owe 37 million dollars in dead cap

Also much of this is prorated contracts, where the cap hit escalates if the player is cut... and many are over 30 guys...

They are ******... may as well go all in and hope for a miracle

Every season those Browns keep pushing more and more cap out... eventually that **** comes due... let me put this into perspective

While they have 28 million in space burning a hole in their pocket right now, They are over the estimated 2025 cap right now by 85 million dollars... they are already over the 2026 cap by 15 million... thats with huge cap increases factored in.. in 27 they are under the cap but already allocated 138 million dollars towards it...and in 2028 they have zero players currently under contract, but already owe 37 million dollars in dead cap

Also much of this is prorated contracts, where the cap hit escalates if the player is cut... and many are over 30 guys...

They are ******... may as well go all in and hope for a miracle
I think you missed the joke. This was about Metcalf trying to kill someone with his helmet and them wanting him to complete the set with Myles.

I can't imagine that deal is getting done without the pick being a second-rounder. I'm not sure they even want Moore.
Just read an article from the homepage that the Steelers are refusing to give a player up. So they probably are willing to give up a high draft pick at this time.

Hopefully, they don't give up a 1st rounder. We definitely need those. GP needs signed and Wilson and/or Fields need signed at the end of the season. I can't see Wilson or Fields taken a reduced contract. It will be interesting to see what they do if they do, in fact, give up a ton for Aiyuk.

that I would not approve, to give up a 1st when we gotta give out a huge contract too
agreed 100% but if they do, no way they pay GP. trade forb the lost 1st. all speculation of course

I always feel like if you cant find a reasonable facsimile for Brandon Ayuik in the first round you better look at your scouts. But I don't consider 200 yards over a season that significant.

Let me explain this situation again

1 Aiyuk is a 26 year old #1 type wr who just made the second all pro team. He is in his fifth year and is under contract for a fully guaranteed 14 million dollar contract this year, then is a ufa afterwards
2. Wr Salaries are taking off. There are 21 wrs making more than 20 million per year. There are 4 making over 30 million.. the highest at 35 per ( though Jamar Chase is expected to surpass that when they extend him)
3. The 49rs are almost 50 million dollars under the cap, but have several players needing extended or resigned after the season.
4. The 9ers decided Aiyuk could be afforded on a LTC if they could get him at 26 million dollars
5. Aiyuk wants closer to top 5 money than top 15 money, and feels disrespected, and wants traded
6. A top half #1 wr is worth at or over a first rounder in most trade cases
7. Because he is under contract, Aiyuk cant officially hold out... he is doing a soft "Hold in", but that ends at seasons start.
8. The 49ers want him to play for them, but dont want him to be a distraction, so they agreed to let him explore a trade.. if they get value back that helps them this year.....
9 He only wants to play for certain teams
10. The Steelers want an upgrade at wr, but dont feel they are desperate for one..

So basically none of the afflicted parties HAS to do anything... so nothing is forcing any of them to finalize any decisions right now

I think you missed the joke. This was about Metcalf trying to kill someone with his helmet and them wanting him to complete the set with Myles.
Lol i mean everything about the Browns is a Joke... honestly how they havent changed their name to The Cleveland Clowns is mystifying... its so fitting...

agreed 100% but if they do, no way they pay GP. trade forb the lost 1st. all speculation of course
in the foirst couple of years of a long term contract the cap can be friendly thanks to signing bonuses. You can squeeze in both WRs plus a new QB contract for a couple of years, in the 3rd year is where we'd be forced to trade one of them, so basically you get a 2 year window to win it all and then see what can you do to stay at the top letting go that traded WR

in the foirst couple of years of a long term contract the cap can be friendly thanks to signing bonuses. You can squeeze in both WRs plus a new QB contract for a couple of years, in the 3rd year is where we'd be forced to trade one of them, so basically you get a 2 year window to win it all and then see what can you do to stay at the top letting go that traded WR
I understand. but in the offense the Steelers are going to run, it does not make sense to pay to WR top money

Ayuik was at his top last year. You are buying the house at Absolute FULL price. You already did that with Queen. If they'll don't sell the farm in draft picks OK. Especially if the inside knowledge with Pickens us as bad or worse then it appears. Pickens should be a 1100-1300 yd receiver. Remember people. In the end you are buying yds and TDs that's it.

Ayuik was at his top last year. You are buying the house at Absolute FULL price. You already did that with Queen. If they'll don't sell the farm in draft picks OK. Especially if the inside knowledge with Pickens us as bad or worse then it appears. Pickens should be a 1100-1300 yd receiver. Remember people. In the end you are buying yds and TDs that's it.

Wait, last year CA3 was the sixth best blocking wr in the league... that doesnt mean we are going to extend him @20 mil per year? Bummer! 🤣

The irony is that when trading for a big $ player that will have cap implications is that a team needs to value their high round picks as they’ll likely need them to acquire cheap quality players to replace free agent losses in the future.

We don't really know what was going on with Brown at that age. I think the team just did a hell of a job keeping his nonsense quiet.

He actually does look like Tomlin. That was funny.
He does but I was worried people would think it’s racist for a white guy to say it lol

Kahn counters with 2 seventh round picks.
You would have to just to find middle ground. If Aiyuk had an 1,800 yard season I could see that demand but at 1,342 and 7th in the NFL ain’t happening

Awesome... bet his price just dropped... lets go get him🤣

But now Cleveland wants him and will pay handsomely to complete their set.
So Cleveland is paying their QB an obscene amount of $ and yet they are so far under the cap ($25 mill). We are paying literal peanuts for our QBs and yet we are only $15 million under the cap. So much for Tomlin's master plan of offering the most expensive defense in the NFL and what that gets you. We were 21st in D last year while Cleveland was #1. But we paid more $ than ANY NFL team for our D. That's great Tomlin, way to go. No wonder players love you: You pay the most and expect very little. But then offer snappy quips on top! Who can beat that?

FreeVector-FreeVector-Broken-Record.jpg