• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Very interesting with Aiyuk

The Eagles offense really struggled part of the season last year. They started 8-1 and then went 3-5 w/ some pretty poor offensive games in there. I dont watch many of their games, but from what I remember seemed to be a lot of locker room discontent and unhappy players. As for the Steelers I think the coaches just need to let them play. I think the QBs play scared of turnovers 95% of the time. When they are forced to open it up things look better. Even going back to Picketts 4th quarters when we were behind he played well in those situations. When Rudolph started we were in do or die situations and he did well. come playoff time the offense stunk then we got behind and started doing better again. Just let the guys play.....
Yep. I agree. Coaching goes a long way to help a team and/or to hurt a team. Our issues stem on both sides of the ball. Add in keeping a punter who probably should not have been on the team yet the NFL. Fingers crossed for the Steelers this season.

Here is the thing about our wr corps... we have a lot of nfl caliber Wrs... i just dont think we have anyone capable of replacing Pickens if he were to get hurt

Jefferson could be an average 2, but he isnt a 1. Austin is a nice guy as a 3 or 4... but he isnt gonna beat press enough to play higher
Wilson has the most potential, but he is a rookie and most guys take a year or at least most of a year to really contribute as rookies..
Miller and Watkins have good speed, but i dont think they are more than supplemental guys... Fitzpatrick is Ok, but nothing special

Here is the thing about our wr corps... we have a lot of nfl caliber Wrs... i just dont think we have anyone capable of replacing Pickens if he were to get hurt

Jefferson could be an average 2, but he isnt a 1. Austin is a nice guy as a 3 or 4... but he isnt gonna beat press enough to play higher
Wilson has the most potential, but he is a rookie and most guys take a year or at least most of a year to really contribute as rookies..
Miller and Watkins have good speed, but i dont think they are more than supplemental guys... Fitzpatrick is Ok, but nothing special
I think Van is nothing more than a 4 WR type option . I think Wilson could possibly be a 2 but probably a third option.

Last edited:
I think Van is nothing more than a 4 WR type option . I think Wilson could possibly be a 2 but probate a third option.
Again, Van jefferson started every game the season the rams won the super bowl, including the super bowl

He is an average nfl WR... he will do fine as a 2wr... he has speed and runs routes well...

Just dont expect him to draw double teams if pickens goes down...

Again, Van jefferson started every game the season the rams won the super bowl, including the super bowl

He is an average nfl WR... he will do fine as a 2wr... he has speed and runs routes well...

I know his past but that didn’t help him last year. I think expecting something these free agents didn’t show last season might be a stretch. I hope I am wrong here of course.

This
Look at the guys on the Patriots dynasty teams, Outside of Brady, Moss and Gronk, they made average players look great. Never had top tier talent at RB or WR, besides Moss and they were 1 game shy of perfection.
I would argue Brady made the offensive players around him look great far more than that asshat BB did.

Similarly Ben made the offensive players around him better, literally made all those receivers and Bell better

Imho neither of those productive offenses were the least bit attributed to coaching, maybe the teeniest tiniest bit but 99%QB related

I would argue Brady made the offensive players around him look great far more than that asshat BB did.

Similarly Ben made the offensive players around him better, literally made all those receivers and Bell better

Imho neither of those productive offenses were the least bit attributed to coaching, maybe the teeniest tiniest bit but 99%QB related
Intercepting or scrambling opposing teams calls helps a lot too! 😈😈😈

I hope you're right about Jefferson, that is just high praise for the guy. There are numerous teams who's No. 2 would have a chance to be our WR1. I just don't know how many teams would take Jefferson as their WR2 and feel good about it.

He hasn't been that guy since. People are fooling themselves with him.

I heard the Steelers sweetened the trade pot with 3 packs of Big Red chewing gum and 2 large bags of dryer lint.

Funny you should say that, ironically, I just cleaned my dryer vent. I was wondering why the B & G were hanging near my trash can................................

Salute the nation

I agree to some degree but coaching matters. Cowher won a 1 superbowl out of 2 seasons with Ben. The other season Ben didn't lose a regular season game.
Tomlin won 1 superbowl in 16 seasons with Ben.
Tomlins defense always looks terrible when it counts the most. They are historically awful the last 5 or 6 playoff appearances. Good coaching/scouting would have fixed that.

We'll have to see if Wilson even gets back to practicing before game 1. Missing the time he is, will put him way behind. If they don't IR him, I can't see him doing much for at least the first half of the season.

I agree to some degree but coaching matters. Cowher won a 1 superbowl out of 2 seasons with Ben. The other season Ben didn't lose a regular season game.
Tomlin won 1 superbowl in 16 seasons with Ben.
Tomlins defense always looks terrible when it counts the most. They are historically awful the last 5 or 6 playoff appearances. Good coaching/scouting would have fixed that.
Cowher never had to deal with a franchise QB on a second contract and the cap implications of that. Tomlin had to almost his whole tenure, after the first two years. I think people really miss that difference and the lack of depth it causes.

Cowher never had to deal with a franchise QB on a second contract and the cap implications of that. Tomlin had to almost his whole tenure, after the first two years. I think people really miss that difference and the lack of depth it causes.
Like KC with Mahomes now?

Like KC with Mahomes now?
They are winning despite that. Imagine if they had more cap space. Tomlin got us back to the big dance again and depth was already starting to become an issue. KC has overcome obvious depth issues because Mahomes is crazy good. I love Ben but I think Mahomes is better.

They are winning despite that. Imagine if they had more cap space. Tomlin got us back to the big dance again and depth was already starting to become an issue. KC has overcome obvious depth issues because Mahomes is crazy good. I love Ben but I think Mahomes is better.
Folks attribute that success to the coaching in KC, even as coordinators get jobs with other teams.......ya cannot be serious and blame Ben for only 2 SBs?

No one understands the troubles 6million dollars come with

Folks attribute that success to the coaching in KC, even as coordinators get jobs with other teams.......ya cannot be serious and blame Ben for only 2 SBs?
Partially, certainly not entirely. Injuries and bad luck played a huge part as well. Some poor personnel choices and coaching all contributed to it. Also being in a time frame with Manning and Brady had a huge impact on it.

Cowher also had to deal with no salary cap and low TRS (Three Rivers Stadium) funds to keep high skilled players, so that 2nd contract vs cap is a wash.

Salute the nation

Cowher also had to deal with no salary cap and low TRS (Three Rivers Stadium) funds to keep high skilled players, so that 2nd contract vs cap is a wash.

Salute the nation
He didn't get the Super Bowl until the Cap was in place. Revenue sharing was more than enough to make up for stadium differences. Since Cowher retired before Bens got his big contracts we will never know for sure. Noll was pretty much done when he had to deal with free agency.