• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Very interesting with Aiyuk

Partially, certainly not entirely. Injuries and bad luck played a huge part as well. Some poor personnel choices and coaching all contributed to it. Also being in a time frame with Manning and Brady had a huge impact on it.
Ben had Mannings number. Ben was
Brady's son, everyone was. But Tebow and Bortles??

Ben had Mannings number. Ben was
Brady's son, everyone was. But Tebow and Bortles??
Ben played terrible against Tebow. He also turned the ball over against Bortles. We still win the Tebow game if Ryan Clark was able to play in Denver. We likely have a Super Bowl or two if we don't lose Shazier. Take away Brady we may have 2 or 3 more.

Ben played terrible against Tebow. He also turned the ball over against Bortles. We still win the Tebow game if Ryan Clark was able to play in Denver. We likely have a Super Bowl or two if we don't lose Shazier. Take away Brady we may have 2 or 3 more.
This pr*ck at our golf club sent me a text "Tebow"!! at the end of the game. I haven't talked to that POS since other than to tell him that he was a POS.

I still think he becomes a Steeler. Kahn is playing it safe. Aiyuk wants to be a Steeler which is the biggest factor. Browns and Patriots both offered him 32 million. He said he wouldn’t sign long term with either team. Washington also was in play. The longer it goes it favors us. I believe it gets done by Friday. I’m very critical of Tomlin over the last few years. But this is 100% the reason he wants to play here. We are paying a 35 year old DL a fortune, so don’t tell me about value for a position.

Everything I've read is that he's wanted to stay in the Bay all along. We are gonna get used like Toilet paper to get him what he wants.

Everything I've read is that he's wanted to stay in the Bay all along. We are gonna get used like Toilet paper to get him what he wants.
If so, The one that got used was SF anyways, paying what he wanted at the end

The team tried to get a valuable asset, is not like we missed on other targets due to having the offer in the air. No harm, no foul.

Totally agree but again, I said we were used and we were. Big enough to not need the last word so take care,

Ben threw 5 TD and 470 yds against the jags?? Its Bens fault? Are you delusional? Everyone knows its been the defense in the playoffs The defense has been historically bad in the playoffs.

And if I would have played the right 6 numbers last Friday I’d be 70 million dollars richer. 😳

Cowher never had to deal with a franchise QB on a second contract and the cap implications of that. Tomlin had to almost his whole tenure, after the first two years. I think people really miss that difference and the lack of depth it causes.
I remember the shock and awe when O’Donnell signed with the Jets for the mind-blowing $5 million/year. 😂

Who cares, it costs them nothing, and they continue to stay in the National news cycle.

This compelling drama has reached the point of"The boy who cried wolf" status.
Just seems like he's not that into us. If he really wanted to play for HCMT that bad, he'd be here already. He wants to stay where he is.

Just seems like he's not that into us. If he really wanted to play for HCMT that bad, he'd be here already. He wants to stay where he is.

He's using the Steelers to make San Fran pay him the money he wants. That's all I see in this so far.
I would be absolutely shocked if he signed with Pittsburgh.

I guess it's to each his own. I would personally do everything possible to get out of that state. Just the state taxation alone would send me packing ASAP.

Ben threw 5 TD and 470 yds against the jags?? Its Bens fault? Are you delusional? Everyone knows its been the defense in the playoffs The defense has been historically bad in the playoffs.
Our D **** the bed against some average offenses.

He can’t make the 9ers trade him. He couldn’t already be here until the 9ers pull the trigger. The fact he said no to Pats, Browns and Redskins extensions proves he only wants to play for 2 teams. Us or them.

Well SF has to approve the compensation for the trade. If the Steelers are low balling them say with an offer of a 4th rounder it is a mute point how much he does or doesn't want to play for us.

We are not being used he is still with SF. It's not like it's a bidding war SF doesn't have to approve any trade and they already offered him good money. Our trade offer is not going to make or force SF to pay more. SF basically holds all the cards

I would like to see the Steelers add a receiver and I'd be happy with Aiyuk. From a pure football perspective, IMO it just makes sense for San Francisco to re-sign him and Aiyuk to re-sign in San Francisco. He is the featured part of the offense on a team that is ready to contend for a Super Bowl over the next couple of seasons.

From the Steelers POV, even if it doesn't make them a Super Bowl contender, it makes the offensive weapons pretty formidable. Aiyuk and PIckens is an excellent 1-2 combined with the RBs and Freiermuth. A great building block if they believe in Fields as well to try out as the next QB over the next couple of seasons.

Another angle, is this potential deal holding up any contract extensions with current players on the roster?

I would like to see the Steelers add a receiver and I'd be happy with Aiyuk. From a pure football perspective, IMO it just makes sense for San Francisco to re-sign him and Aiyuk to re-sign in San Francisco. He is the featured part of the offense on a team that is ready to contend for a Super Bowl over the next couple of seasons.

From the Steelers POV, even if it doesn't make them a Super Bowl contender, it makes the offensive weapons pretty formidable. Aiyuk and PIckens is an excellent 1-2 combined with the RBs and Freiermuth. A great building block if they believe in Fields as well to try out as the next QB over the next couple of seasons.

Another angle, is this potential deal holding up any contract extensions with current players on the roster?
Maybe it's a bitter Kramer vs Kramer divorce and the NFL rigs up a SB storyline of Aiyuk against Lynch and of course coached by the John Lynch Whisperer himself to bring it full circle.

Aiyuk would go down as one of the more impactful FA signings in years and it would put Tomlin over as the best HC this side of BB especially if he beat Fat Boy to get there with Aiyuk and Wilson as the difference makers.

The Steelers with the RW and Arthur Smith signings actually have serious script potential already for the eyeballs. It has been awhile also since they've been relevant!