• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Very interesting with Aiyuk

The team tried to get a valuable asset, is not like we missed on other targets due to having the offer in the air. No harm, no foul.
True, true. The only thing we possibly gave up was Kahn's time and focus on a player who was never really in the mix. Other than that, nothing really.

Who cares, it costs them nothing, and they continue to stay in the National news cycle.

What's really bizarre is a couple of you taking my words as if the Steelers were dumb to pursue Aiyuk.

Read it again really slowly (or have someone read it to you slowly while you are seated) and you'll see that I see Aiyuk as the bad one here, not us. Why are so many of the posters that joined in 2014 so awful? It's uncanny.

Aiyuk isn't a top 10 WR yet is looking for top 5 money it seems. He has issues with drops and not running good routes. He is definitely still a WR1 in my eyes but I wouldn't pay him 30+ million. I hope they don't overpay for him and/or he turns out to be a bust.

What's really bizarre is a couple of you taking my words as if the Steelers were dumb to pursue Aiyuk.

Read it again really slowly (or have someone read it to you slowly while you are seated) and you'll see that I see Aiyuk as the bad one here, not us. Why are so many of the posters that joined in 2014 so awful? It's uncanny.
Little over the top response.

Aiyuk isn't a top 10 WR yet is looking for top 5 money it seems. He has issues with drops and not running good routes. He is definitely still a WR1 in my eyes but I wouldn't pay him 30+ million. I hope they don't overpay for him and/or he turns out to be a bust.
PFF - No. 8
Pro Football Network - No. 8
CBS Sports - No. 8
Bleacher Report - No. 10

Fox Sports had him at 2 drops last season.

Every bit of analysis I've seen on Aiyuk says he runs great routes.

Where exactly are you getting your info?

He averaged 18 yards a catch last season.

You don't see that very often in today's NFL, especially with a high volume of catches like he had. He's a pretty special talent that might just be reaching his peak.

If the Steelers or 49ers don't pay him what he wants, someone will in free agency next year.

PFF - No. 8
Pro Football Network - No. 8
CBS Sports - No. 8
Bleacher Report - No. 10

Fox Sports had him at 2 drops last season.

Every bit of analysis I've seen on Aiyuk says he runs great routes.

Where exactly are you getting your info?
I was going by an article posted on the NFL FB page. I certainly didn't go track down any stats. So, he's on the back half of a top 10 WR last year.

Get played steeler fans and front office.
Now I know I'm being used
That's okay man 'cause I like the abuse
Now I know she's playing with me
That's okay 'cause I've got no self-esteem
Oh yeah, yeah oh yeah, yeah

Why is Aiyuk the bad one here? I see no one as the bad one here. He’s trying to get the most possible to secure his future. 49’s are trying to get the most for them for the future of their team or sign him for as reasonable as possible. Steelers are trying to get him for as reasonable as possible ,trade or contract. It’s all part of doing business. This is their job.
My perspective ……From an awful 2014 poster.

Why is it that you guys think someone always has to be blamed? I don’t care if BA drags 20 teams into his play for more money, the teams participating do so because of the POSSIBILITY that it works out for them, not in hopes of getting BA more cheddar from the 9’ers. I actually think Kahn seems to be making the right play here, he wants the player, but is not allowing his position to be undermined. Can the Steelers use BA, sure, do they have to make a deal, no. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

On the ESPN ticker, it says the parameters of a trade have been agreed upon, trade is a phone call away.

Now I know I'm being used
That's okay man 'cause I like the abuse
Now I know she's playing with me
That's okay 'cause I've got no self-esteem
well, if she is drunk again and looking to score...

In 5 years $30 million will be peanuts. Or I have been told.

I was going by an article posted on the NFL FB page. I certainly didn't go track down any stats. So, he's on the back half of a top 10 WR last year.
Is being a top-10 receiver a bad thing? Teams run 11 personnel most of the time meaning there are 96 receivers being deployed every week. The #8-10 guy getting top-5 pay is not absurd. That'll soon drop two spots after Lamb and Chase get their new contracts.

Is being a top-10 receiver a bad thing? Teams run 11 personnel most of the time meaning there are 96 receivers being deployed every week. The #8-10 guy getting top-5 pay is not absurd. That'll soon drop two spots after Lamb and Chase get their new contracts.
Yep....$30 mill will be chump change......especially in 5 years. Anyways. I am more concerned with who will be theowing him the ball.

He averaged 18 yards a catch last season.

You don't see that very often in today's NFL, especially with a high volume of catches like he had. He's a pretty special talent that might just be reaching his peak.

If the Steelers or 49ers don't pay him what he wants, someone will in free agency next year.

To be fair, that whole SF offense is a product of their head coaches system... go find tge charts for systems that give their qb the most simple, wide open throws and sf was light years ahead of everyone else... so yeah maybe all those players are as great as tgey seem, but there is a chance they wont be as good in a normal system