• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Very interesting with Aiyuk

Well they said he was working on it in the OS... we will see
While he doesn't seem like a diva on the field, his trade issues raise the question about loyalty and could imply problems in accepting the role needed by the Steelers

While he doesn't seem like a diva on the field, his trade issues raise the question about loyalty and could imply problems in accepting the role needed by the Steelers
I dont think he or the team have any issues... the 49rs just want him... they probably want tj watt too... the steelers arent trading him either lol

imo more realistic trades would be Dan Moore straight up for either Darius Slayton or Treylon Burks. Both the Giants and Titans have no depth at tackle and the Titans have a rookie at LT and a 2nd year guy a RT. Having a guy who has the experience of Moore might be intriguing considering they have Hopkins, Ridley and Boyd at WR and Burks probably doesn't see 25 targets this year.

ayuk trade makes a lot of sense because:
1. if either GP or Muth go down we are royally ****** offensively.
2. With only the both mentioned above Ds can easily double GP and also have another in zone to help whoever is covering Muth
3. Adding Ayuk makes it almost impossible to double any of them

Aiyuk/Pickens/Freiermuth >>>>>>>>> Pickens/Jefferson/Freiermuth
To be fair you also have to add a 28-30 million contract. 112-120 million over 4 years with probably 80% + guaranteed. Just my estimation according to reports.
I would love to have him. I think he’s a stud. But the contract scares me. Beyond this year we have no QB,TE,RB, signed. While all playing on existing cheaper contracts. If George has any type of year at all,when he hears what Aiyuk signs for,believe me,he will want similar. Realistically if this happens we could be looking at 55-60 million a year for 2 WR’s. This is the question. Is this comfortable? Without even knowing our QB situation yet? I think this should wait. Let’s use the draft process.

imo more realistic trades would be Dan Moore straight up for either Darius Slayton or Treylon Burks. Both the Giants and Titans have no depth at tackle and the Titans have a rookie at LT and a 2nd year guy a RT. Having a guy who has the experience of Moore might be intriguing considering they have Hopkins, Ridley and Boyd at WR and Burks probably doesn't see 25 targets this year.

People want the big flashy names and ignore that super bowl teams are built on the backs of good role players as much as they are on the stars... your way is more reasonable, but less likely to get clicks, so no media will promote it

What's the WR draft crop look like next spring? I'm betting the under that Aiyuk is the missing piece to another Lombardi, or even more than a single playoff win.

People want the big flashy names and ignore that super bowl teams are built on the backs of good role players as much as they are on the stars... your way is more reasonable, but less likely to get clicks, so no media will promote it
To get a caliber guy like Aiyuk there's so many moving parts to consider. Lets say for argument sake the Steelers traded for Aiyuk and gave up Dan Moore or James Daniels plus a first round pick in 2025. If that trade prevents the Steelers from signing Pickens or Muth would anyone call that a win? Or what happens if Fields starts and blow up and we can't resign him because of the cap... is that a win? To me the only way signing Aiyuk is a win for that price is if it leads to a super bowl win. Is he the missing piece to a super bowl caliber team? No.

So at this point I would rather run with GP, Jefferson, CA3 and Wilson at WR and if we need to upgrade the WR position use that first round pick on a WR next year while we build a super bowl caliber team. Luther Burden is Missouri has the skillset of Aiyuk and Emeka Egbuka has the experience to step in an contribute right away. And their rookie contracts allows us to re-up George and probably a QB like Fields next year.

No, Pickens doesn't come close to those numbers in that offense. His route running is still weak. That is one of the strengths of Aiyuk's game, something the Steelers are sorely lacking with Johnson gone.
Pickens almost equaled Aiyuk's career best season with Kenny and Canada. You're delusional if you think his numbers would not be better in a better offense with a better QB and OC, better everything.

Luther Burden looks to be the real deal. Very elusive with loose hips and above average speed. He actually reminds me of Aiyuk. Probably a top 10 pick tho.

Emeka Egbuka from Ohio State looks to be an early contributor. He fell off a little because Harrison was getting so many targets but has an 1151 yard season under his belt. This year he could breakout but right now he is probably a mid to late first round pick.

Tetairoa McMillan would fit the Drake London mold if we are looking for a big bodied receiver.

A guy under the radar a little that I like is Barion Brown. He has a little AB wiggle and at the very least would be a great return man. He has a knack for getting open and better than average hands. I think I see him in that third round range currently but he likely will be a riser.

Read the Pats ponied up a 1st round pick and a contract at almost 30m but Aiyuk had no interest in joining the Pats so they are now out. That leaves the Browns. If he doesn't want to go there the '9ers either have to lower their compensation requirements or just bite the bullet and sign him and risk not being able to sign Purdy or just make him play out the last year or hold out.

Read the Pats ponied up a 1st round pick and a contract at almost 30m but Aiyuk had no interest in joining the Pats so they are now out. That leaves the Browns. If he doesn't want to go there the '9ers either have to lower their compensation requirements or just bite the bullet and sign him and risk not being able to sign Purdy or just make him play out the last year or hold out.

See i think the 9rs just want him to play for them this year... they will tag and trade him in the offseason. If they can get a haul for him and replace him, thats one thing.. if not they are just gonna sit back and wait for him to either decide to Cleveland or just play out his deal

He cant hold out.. the last CBA stopped players under contract from using that option in the regular season.. holding out now has a super high financial penalty and if you do it into the season it pushes your ufa back a season.. no agent wants an impending ufa to become a RFA ... so he wont do that

ayuk trade makes a lot of sense because:
1. if either GP or Muth go down we are royally ****** offensively.
2. With only the both mentioned above Ds can easily double GP and also have another in zone to help whoever is covering Muth
3. Adding Ayuk makes it almost impossible to double any of them
4. Helps get TJ that playoff win.,

To get a caliber guy like Aiyuk there's so many moving parts to consider. Lets say for argument sake the Steelers traded for Aiyuk and gave up Dan Moore or James Daniels plus a first round pick in 2025. If that trade prevents the Steelers from signing Pickens or Muth would anyone call that a win? Or what happens if Fields starts and blow up and we can't resign him because of the cap... is that a win? To me the only way signing Aiyuk is a win for that price is if it leads to a super bowl win. Is he the missing piece to a super bowl caliber team? No.

So at this point I would rather run with GP, Jefferson, CA3 and Wilson at WR and if we need to upgrade the WR position use that first round pick on a WR next year while we build a super bowl caliber team. Luther Burden is Missouri has the skillset of Aiyuk and Emeka Egbuka has the experience to step in an contribute right away. And their rookie contracts allows us to re-up George and probably a QB like Fields next year.
Paying Aiyuk anywhere close to 30mil would be historically stupid. Putting the cart before the horse and pissing off the rest of the guys on the Steelers at the same time. You don't think GP would feel extremely disrespected? Not to mention you have to pay a RB next year, and you don't have a QB capable of winning a superbowl. They could sign a prime Jerry Rice, I still don't see a superbowl with Wilson or Fields at the Helm.

Yep, this is exactly it. He made it clear that his destinations would either be Washington or Pittsburgh and he seems to be very firm on those teams right now.
He has to approve the trade?

Paying Aiyuk anywhere close to 30mil would be historically stupid. Putting the cart before the horse and pissing off the rest of the guys on the Steelers at the same time. You don't think GP would feel extremely disrespected? Not to mention you have to pay a RB next year, and you don't have a QB capable of winning a superbowl. They could sign a prime Jerry Rice, I still don't see a superbowl with Wilson or Fields at the Helm.
To your points...I don't know about paying a WR that much is smart, either. However, the Steelers haven't won a playoff game since 2016, who gives a shiit if the players are pissed? I like Pickens, but at this point I see a highly talented, with high potential receiver with a 14 year old head. I am not worried about him feeling disrespected. RB salaries would't break anyone today. Lastly, who knows about a Super Bowl run with Wilson? They wrote off Kurt Warner years ago, you never know.

If they pull the trigger...

Pickens will not be on team next year and they are not signing Russell WIlson after season is over either.

We are one mental health episode away from having VAn Jefferson as our number one right now...think about that.

I am all in with TJ....lets win a damn playoff game!

Why don't the 9ers sign him now and trade him post season?

Sometimes it’s just smart to stand pat. I wouldn’t make this trade and give up what Lynch wants and then pay this guy 30 mil per season. Nah, he’s good but not that good. Brandon Aiyuk is not going to push the Steelers to a SB or may not even get them to the playoffs. Yes, it will help George but it will also cause issues with George. Suddenly Aiyuk becomes the number one a spot George is primed for but now he takes the back seat.
I’d stick to what we have and as another poster suggested maybe try and trade for a Braylon Burks.
Aiyuk just seems far too expensive both compensation wise to the 49ers and his contract.