• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Very interesting with Aiyuk

Yeah, I just don't think Khan would send Freiermuth or Pickens as a part of a deal to the 49ers so that is irrelevant to me.
Not only that...next on the depth chart at TE is a guy who should be moved to RT.

If Muth goes....MyCole will be number one TE by week 4.

Keep in mind Muth is due for a new deal next season...he might go in this trade..

imo more realistic trades would be Dan Moore straight up for either Darius Slayton or Treylon Burks. Both the Giants and Titans have no depth at tackle and the Titans have a rookie at LT and a 2nd year guy a RT. Having a guy who has the experience of Moore might be intriguing considering they have Hopkins, Ridley and Boyd at WR and Burks probably doesn't see 25 targets this year.
No. Van Jefferson can do what both of them can do already...

You guys better be careful what you wish for here. Aiyuk is a very good WR but he’s not this great player some seem to think he is.
He is not worth giving up a first round pick for or a second and a starter or two, no way.
My message to Kahn would be if you really feel you must have him I’d hold off and let John Lynch get desperate. He doesn’t want to give him 30 million but the longer the Steelers hold out the more desperate Lynch will get. Lynch is playing chicken here and knows Aiyuk will be gone after the season so he wants as much as he can get for him now.
Hold off Kahn and even if you do t land him so what. It’s not like he puts us in contention with the elite teams in the AFC. This team has way too many question marks especially at QB, DL, CB, and OL to be thinking you’re a Aiyuk away from seriously contending.
I don’t want Kahn to panic and think this guy is the final piece because he isn’t.

You guys better be careful what you wish for here. Aiyuk is a very good WR but he’s not this great player some seem to think he is.
Maybe I’m wrong, but outside of myself and a couple of others, I don’t get the vibe anyone wants him on this board. Where do you rate Aiyuk?

I also firmly believe Khan will not overpay, so in my mind that isn’t a concern at all.

I think if it happens the final deal will look like:
a second
A depth WR
An Olineman
Another low pick or player

28.5 million per contract

An overpayment in all areas IMO, but not horrible

Maybe I’m wrong, but outside of myself and a couple of others, I don’t get the vibe anyone wants him on this board. Where do you rate Aiyuk?

I also firmly believe Khan will not overpay, so in my mind that isn’t a concern at all.
I would take him in a heartbeat for the right package and contract. Not sure what that is but in Omar I trust. Do we need him? Hard to say. We could use him. Yes.

I put him as a top 15/20 wr. Basically a better DJ.
If pickens plays to his talent level he is better
I dont feel he is worth 28 mil per season... but no wr really should be worth that...

I think Brandon Aiyuk is a very good WR but not going to push this team over the top. Will he help George, sure he will but could also cause an issue there to with him being the no.1 and making 30 million per season.
I just think this organization thinks they’re a Brandon Aiyuk away from competing with the elite teams and I think they’re dillusional.
We have questions at QB, can either of these two be the answer? What if neither is?
OL may be starting two rookies and they will have growing pains so that could be an issue early on. If they don’t start the two rookies that means Herbig at center and Dan Moore at LT. Not good!
Then there is the DL which has lots of questions. CB as well.
Aiyuk is surrounded by top tier players on the Niners and great coaching. No comparison between these two rosters and coaching sorry to say.

Last edited:
I think Brandon Aiyuk is a very good WR but not going to push this team over the top. Will he help George, sure he will but could also cause an issue there to with him being the no.1 and making 30 million per season.
I just think this organization thinks they’re a Brandon Aiyuk away from competing with the elite teams and I think they’re dillusional.
We have questions at QB, can either of these two be the answer? What if neither is?
OL may be starting two rookies and they will have growing pains so that could be an issue early on. If they don’t start the two rookies that means Her if at center and Dan Moore at LT. Not good!
Aiyuk is surrounded by top tier players on the Niners and great coaching. No comparison between these two rosters and coaching sorry to say.
I think we have far less questions than you think we do. DL is considered a strength. I think CB will be a strength. Ol will have growing pains but both QBs have more mobility. I think Wilson will be a big improvement over what we had, and Fields can play some spot duty. Smith will make a lot of people look a lot better than Matt did.

Aiyuk’s attitude has been far from exemplary. He’s posted multiple times on twitter stating his frustration. I think there’s two things going on here. 1. Colbert’s inability to trade. 2. Lynch thinking he’s going to get a first plus more for a disgruntled player in a contract year who’s already holding out.

Trading George or Muth makes no sense. Smith’s offense is predicated on a pass catching TE. And trading away George who has more upside is asinine.

Nothing about this scenario makes it even remotely plausible.
It is more of a hold-in, similar to what T.J. Watt once did. Aiyuk is attending meetings, but not practicing.

I wouldn't say his behavior has been exemplary, but in no way does it compare to Antonio Brown's meltdown.

OL may be starting two rookies and they will have growing pains so that could be an issue early on. If they don’t start the two rookies that means Her if at center and Dan Moore at LT. Not good!
You need a day in the spa and a double shot of tequila... so much negativity, man...

Pickens almost equaled Aiyuk's career best season with Kenny and Canada. You're delusional if you think his numbers would not be better in a better offense with a better QB and OC, better everything.
The 49ers' offense relies on players running good routes. Pickens doesn't do that. His numbers aren't getting much better until he improves that part of his game.

You and I also have very different definitions of almost.

Filiponi seems to think the Steelers and the 9ers have a verbal agreement on a trade but need to iron out the final details. And, Aiyuk prefers the Steelers over the Clowns. Who knows...